PDA

View Full Version : Deangelo Hall Says Redskins Gave Giants 77-Yard Game Winning Touchdown

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/deangelo_hall_says_redskins_ga.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "Eli Manning and Victor Cruz delivered a thrilling finish to Sunday's 27-23 win (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_27_washington_23_comple.html#incart_river) against the Redskins, courtesy of their game-winning 77-yard touchdown connection.
A few days later, the Redskins weren't willing to give much credit to the Giants quarterback.

"I donít feel like he made that play. I feel we gave him that play," Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, via the Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins-cbs-explain-giants-td-defend-scheme/article/2511605#.UIgdncUz_1U). "We just had one guy set his feet, and one guy not do this. I could have thrown that ball, and he would have scored. It wasnít something where he was a rocket scientist, and he figured something out. We just played that as bad as possible.Ē Read more...

TheEnigma
10-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Sure thing pal. Thanks for the W then!

Kruunch
10-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Thank you card sent.

fansince69
10-24-2012, 03:06 PM
i love when players say **** like this.....if it hadnt been that play it would have just taken eli a few more...but 1 way or another we come out on top

cken
10-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Another "aww damn it we beat ourselves" comment from one of our opponents. **** just doesn't get stale does it..?

Napstew
10-24-2012, 03:08 PM
That's the expected response from him, lol.

GiantRoc
Once again... "If he wasn't so great, he wouldn't be so good." What a dope.

joemorrisforprez
I agree with Hall....that was a Redksins ****up. Which means they deserved to lose. It was also an awesome play by the Giants.....so they deserved to win.

6 of one, half-dozen of the other.

rainierjef
10-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Didn't know the redskins were so up on wins this season, to be giving away games. Thanks anyway, We! the giants nation applaud your generosity.

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Most of the time, poor performance (execution) results in the other guy's gain. Sort of like interceptions and fumbes.

CDN_G-FAN
10-24-2012, 03:14 PM
they did give us that play. they either called the wrong coverage or the safety screwed up his assignment.

it wasn't the raw and awesome speed of cruz or the incredible go route running.

if he's saying that to feel better, and it works, then i definitely want him on the field when we play again.

i love it when an opponent feels like they're good enough to beat us but just didn't. that opponent is alot less scary to me than the opponent who thinks they need to get better to beat us.

Moke
10-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Rofl, this will backfire. The redskins gave the giants a win? How pathetic, explain this.

fansince69
they did give us that play. they either called the wrong coverage or the safety screwed up his assignment.

if he's saying that to feel better, and it works, then i definitely want him on the field when we play again.

i love it when an opponent feels like they're good enough to beat us but just didn't. that opponent is alot less scary to me than the opponent who thinks they need to get better to beat us.

nice point

Rusty192
lol this is hilarious.

Pretty much outdoes Rolle's comments last year regarding the skins. And they have multiple players making excuses now.

GameTime
10-24-2012, 03:16 PM
bad playing.....isnt that when most TDs are scored???

sorry Dude.....you guys blew it. Just like Hoelsy blew his coverage when Moss score....heck.....even I could have thrown that pass....

ny06
10-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Typical response from a team that has been in the cellar of the division for years.

joemorrisforprez
10-24-2012, 03:17 PM

True......if Cruz were properly covered, the ball would have gone to someone else.

And the Redskins still had a chance at the end of the game.

If DeAngelo Hall wants to really boil it down, Cruz made a huge play, and Santana Moss fumbled.

Kruunch
10-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Most of the time, poor performance (execution) results in the other guy's gain. Sort of like interceptions and fumbes.

John Madden couldn't have said it better himself. ;)

VBGiantsFan
10-24-2012, 03:24 PM
bad playing.....isnt that when most TDs are scored???

sorry Dude.....you guys blew it. Just like Hoelsy blew his coverage when Moss score....heck.....even I could have thrown that pass....

^ This

Every play and offense is successful the defense messed up. Every play the defense is successful, the offense messed up. It's the nature of the game. I don't care if it was a blown coverage or just getting beat, someone ALWAYS has to screw up.

GameTime
10-24-2012, 03:28 PM

Cruz gave the safety an outside look and slight shoulder juke. He bit and then it was off to the races. Oh yeah....he blew past the CB as well.
They didnt give as much as the Giants took it....

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 03:29 PM
John Madden couldn't have said it better himself. ;)

I guess I will never understand what motivates players to hide behind excuses for poor performance

manning to shockey
10-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Sad Eli Manning: "I appreciate him giving it to me. I don't think it took a rocket scientist either. A guy was running open and I hit him."

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Eli coming back at Hall a little bit here. Didn't expect this!

Said Justin Tuck: "DeAngelo Hall is not that smart."

Ruttiger711
10-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Cruz gave the safety an outside look and slight shoulder juke. He bit and then it was off to the races. Oh yeah....he blew past the CB as well.
They didnt give as much as the Giants took it....

Thats true - but roles reversed I think we'd all be saying we blew the coverage.

Giantz4Life
10-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Why are teams so generous when they play us? I mean, the Packers ever so graciously gave us the win at Lambeau last postseason. The 49ers then followed up by giving us two special teams turnovers and a trip to the Super Bowl. Now the Skins give us a much needed divisional win at home?!

It's quite remarkable and admirable on their part to give us these incredibly important wins!

GameTime
10-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Thats true - but roles reversed I think we'd all be saying we blew the coverage.

well true...
but there are reasons a DB will blow coverage....
1.....just gets beat
2.....gets fooled
3.....just sucks...
He still ran right past the CB Wilson who was initially one on one with him. They made a mistake and they paid. Thats how poinst are scored...

GameTime
10-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Why are teams so generous when they play us? I mean, the Packers ever so graciously gave us the win at Lambeau last postseason. The 49ers then followed up by giving us two special teams turnovers and a trip to the Super Bowl. Now the Skins give us a much needed divisional win at home?!

It's quite remarkable and admirable on their part to give us these incredibly important wins!

and there you have it.....
thats why the Giants are lucky. Because teams give them all these wins....

MustWarnOthers
10-24-2012, 03:44 PM
The thing these bitter players don't realize when they say things like this is that either:

A) You're a bad corner.
B) You gave up and let them score. Which makes you a bad corner and an even worse competitor.

The Giants are known for going deep. Sometimes they go deep when every fan doesn't want them to (Looking at you, Eagles game). They most definitely were looking to get down the field in a hurry or get quick outs to the sidelines. If you gave up a long bomb straight down the middle of the field, that's just bad defensive play. Calling it "giving it to them" is a cop out. You made a bad decision, own up to it.

Also, if you follow this logic, every single score for every single team is "given" to them since a defensive player must get beat in some way for that to happen.

What an altruistic place the NFL is, players just gift wrapping games for each other.

barran21
10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
They did give us the TD, think about it, how many teams would have blown that assignment? I will take the victor-e and run, but don't think they didn't **** that up...

ImElectric2
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I think this disproves the notion that we get no respect. We are actually SO respected that teams like the skins, pack, panthers, and 9ers giftwrap victories so that we can build the legacy they know we deserve. It's cool that we can sort of sit back knowing that our team is afforded such an opportunity by the remaining 31. We are the kings of the NFL. Voted in by the people.

TheAnalyst
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
"I could have thrown that ball, and he would have scored."

LOL

Man, the NFL is filled with whiney *****es these days.

repeatchamps
10-24-2012, 03:55 PM
They did give us the TD, think about it, how many teams would have blown that assignment? I will take the victor-e and run, but don't think they didn't **** that up...

Sure they messed up but if the Giants don't take advantage and capitalize it wouldn't have mattered now would it? It's a two way street.

Rudyy
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I just don't understand. Does that make them feel any better? "Oh we should have won, but we decided to give the division win to a division rival". That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If that's what makes them feel better about their win, the fact that they so kindly gave it to us, then good luck to them in the future lol.

Rusty192
10-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Sad Eli Manning: "I appreciate him giving it to me. I don't think it took a rocket scientist either. A guy was running open and I hit him."

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Eli coming back at Hall a little bit here. Didn't expect this!

Damn! lol Did Eli really say this?

TheAnalyst
10-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I just don't understand. Does that make them feel any better? "Oh we should have won, but we decided to give the division win to a division rival". That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If that's what makes them feel better about their win, the fact that they so kindly gave it to us, then good luck to them in the future lol.

Basically saying the better team lost, they just screwed up. blah blah blah. New team, same excuse.

manning to shockey
10-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Damn! lol Did Eli really say this?

yes per Ralph Vacchiano ‏and Mike Garafolo ‏

Rudyy
10-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm glad Eli said what he said.

Rusty192
10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
yes per Ralph Vacchiano ‏and Mike Garafolo ‏Thats badass lol!

OX1
10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
The subtlety of how well we play, even when we look like
total garbage, must be absolutely maddening to other teams
(and their fans).

And you can't game plan against luck, so I hope the rest of our
sched buys into this hype (or lack thereof) and decides before
hand that they "should" win, even before the game starts.

The problem for the league though is Eli and Victor can
be that good to make it look that easy, over and over and
over and over.

BeatYale
10-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Mistakes made on the field are being thought of as charity for the benefiting team? Wow. Great logic from MeAngelo Hall.

BigBlue1971
10-24-2012, 04:24 PM
both of these foreskin corners are frauds! they couldnt cover each other if they had blankets!

but we do appreciate the gift they gave us!

i think Deangelo Hall is confused about who our rocket scientist is. Cruz is the scientist in this case cuz he "rocketed" by all of their asses on that touchdown including Hall!

the nerve of these idiots! just take the loss and shut up Deangelo you overpaid high schooler.

Sundown
10-24-2012, 04:29 PM
And to think at one time on these boards people wanted Hall when he was available!!! Wow!!

appodictic
10-24-2012, 04:29 PM
new York giants, helping better teams beat themselves.

Satisfied customers
redskins, 49ers, packers.

repeatchamps
10-24-2012, 04:31 PM

Satisfied customers
redskins, 49ers, packers.

I'm repeatchamps and I approve this message.:D

Rudyy
10-24-2012, 04:32 PM

Satisfied customers
redskins, 49ers, packers.Up next: Cowboys.

BParcells777
10-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Not only did they make you look like a fool but you had to open your mouth and certify it

mattpl908
10-24-2012, 04:44 PM
what do u expect him to say lol ill take that every day

Giants5699
10-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the W

Rudyy
10-24-2012, 04:49 PM
what do u expect him to say lol ill take that every dayI expected him to give credit where credit was due. That's sportsmanship. He's clearly a sore loser.

GMENAGAIN
10-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Thank You Deangelo. Much appreciated . . .

MustWarnOthers
10-24-2012, 05:14 PM
If blown coverage and out of position safetys is considered "Giving" a touchdown to the other team, isn't it only fair that we also "gave" RG3 the touchdown to Moss? Hosley gave them that one, they gave us the Cruz touchdown. Sounds fair to me.

Cool Papa B.
10-24-2012, 06:31 PM
My problem is no one in the Redskins secondary is good enough to to say they gave away a game, or Cruz isn't impressive. They're just making complete idiots of themselves.

idiotekniQues
10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
so perhaps we gave the TD to Santana Moss to take the lead? RGIII made a very nice pass and our coverage was a step behind. good for them for exploiting it with a very good play.

That last TD to cruz was a very good play. Eli had pressure coming up the middle fast, he knew he was going to get walloped, stood in there and laid a perfect ball that Cruz didn't have to break stride for so he could get a lot of extra yards after the catch. was a great pass, no ifs ands or buts about it.

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 08:20 PM
well true...
but there are reasons a DB will blow coverage....
1.....just gets beat
2.....gets fooled
3.....just sucks...
He still ran right past the CB Wilson who was initially one on one with him. They made a mistake and they paid. Thats how poinst are scored...

# 4.....They've fallen and they can't get up :)

penguinfarmer
10-24-2012, 08:28 PM
lol
Of all the DBs to say this, it had to be Lamppost.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 08:33 PM
well they do have a point. we didnt even bother to tell them what our audibles meant like we did week 1 last yr. if they had known what we were going to do, they would have stopped us.
i mean who figures a team down with 1:20 seconds is gonna challenge a d vertically, and we especially were sneaky bc we even used a wr we target more than any other on the team, and among the most in the league. how could washington figure that would happen. they totally gave us the win

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 08:35 PM
i agree with him too bc i think that any time a team mans up, battles man vs man (11x on both sides) and wins the game when its toughest...those are the times we are given the victories...lmfao

CowboysSuck
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
LOL You can say this about EVERY SINGLE BIG PLAY IN FOOTBALL. Obviously a big play comes from exploiting the other teams mistakes or weaknesses. And thats exactly what we did to them. I have no time for sore losers, geez. I'll, even as a fan, admit it everytime we get our butts whooped. We get outplayed, simple as that. This guy has no common sense.

GameTime
10-24-2012, 09:36 PM
# 4.....They've fallen and they can't get up :)

you say that now at this stage of the game too...lol

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 09:38 PM
you say that now at this stage of the game too...lol

I've written to to the team to see if they can wire my seat with the clapper so that I can turn the game lights on and off. Failing that, maybe I could make all the urinals flush in unison.

GameTime
10-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I've written to to the team to see if they can wire my seat with the clapper so that I can turn the game lights on and off. Failing that, maybe I could make all the urinals flush in unison.
thought you just wore Depends.....lol

GiantWarfare
10-24-2012, 10:24 PM
LOL dumbest thing I've ever heard... smh at Hall...what an idiot. Overrated corner anyway...

BillTheGreek
10-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Say what you want !
Cruz Flew by 3 Defenders Like a CRUZ Missle for the TD >>>>>>>>>>And the WIN !

Go Giants ! Show the Cowboys How we Win Games !

G.I. Ants
10-25-2012, 03:07 AM
As a lifelong giant fan, I am grateful for players like DeAngelo Hall, who despite not playing for the franchise I love, is willing to give big blue the victory. Thank you Mr Hall, God bless.

Captain Chaos
10-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Love Eli's quote, "Thank you," and as I Giants fan I thank you DeAngelo....

sc_markt
10-25-2012, 10:57 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/deangelo_hall_says_redskins_ga.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "Eli Manning and Victor Cruz delivered a thrilling finish to Sunday's 27-23 win (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_27_washington_23_comple.html#incart_river) against the Redskins, courtesy of their game-winning 77-yard touchdown connection.
A few days later, the Redskins weren't willing to give much credit to the Giants quarterback.

"I donít feel like he made that play. I feel we gave him that play," Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, via the Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins-cbs-explain-giants-td-defend-scheme/article/2511605#.UIgdncUz_1U). "We just had one guy set his feet, and one guy not do this. I could have thrown that ball, and he would have scored. It wasnít something where he was a rocket scientist, and he figured something out. We just played that as bad as possible.Ē Read more...

[I picture baby girl DeAngeloette crying...].

Eli was under pressure and got hit right after he let go of the ball and he made the throw. That's what we pay him for. I guess his other clutch throws he made were also 'given' to him... LOL.

giantsforce
10-25-2012, 11:20 PM
LOL dumbest thing I've ever heard... smh at Hall...what an idiot. Overrated corner anyway...Never mind that Shanahan said that they had the coverage designed specifically for Cruz not to beat them! Well, another Cam Newton in the making.

FBomb
10-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Well.....I'm no expert....but I'm pretty sure his job is to NOT let the other team's WR score a 77 yard winning touchdown.

Hey DeAngelo!!! YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!

miked1958
10-25-2012, 11:27 PM
I agree with Hall....that was a Redksins ****up. Which means they deserved to lose. It was also an awesome play by the Giants.....so they deserved to win.6 of one, half-dozen of the other.well when you are rushing only 3 and dropping 8 into coverage with a 1:20 left you are doing it to prevent the homerun, to keep everything in front of you. So they set up to allow everything but what happened. It's funny how he is saying they GAVE US THE TD when they had coverage set up to stop it, lol

Rodgers12
10-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Hope were not saying the same thing the night of November 25th. Lol

GMan-67
10-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Eli's reaction was great ... calm, cool and very thankful ... does Hall know that SF, GB, NE, etc. have already tried the same thing ??

Antwuan
10-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Well since you gave it to us as you suppose, we'll take it thank you very much.

Rat_bastich
10-26-2012, 03:07 AM
Bud Light Salute's Real Men of Genius!

Here's to you DeAngelo Hall!

MikeyMike01
10-26-2012, 05:16 AM
I loved Eli's response. Hilarious without stooping to Hall's level.

Diamondring
10-26-2012, 05:19 AM
Hall lyinnnnnnnnnnnn.