PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest fantasy football move(s) you ever made?

Giantz4Life
10-24-2012, 06:39 PM
1. This one is complete hindsight, but still it makes me cringe thinking about it. Last year I drafted Gronk in the second to last round of my 12 man league. After the draft I dropped another guy and picked up Hernandez. This was before Gronk showed any signs of being, well, Gronk. Dropped Gronk after Week 1 when Hernandez put up a good stat line. I figured Hernandez was the better option as he is more of a hybrid WR/TE and they split him out sometimes as a WR instead of blocking which Gronk does more of. Then Gronk went Gronk on everyone, and you know the rest.

2. This year, I'm looking to pick up a bye-week filler WR in one of my public leagues aside from my 2 money leagues. Girlfriend called me on the phone and I got distracted and I ended up dropping Andre Brown whom is my handcuff to Bradshaw in one of my money leagues thinking I am in my public 10 team league where RBs are dropped every week (and I don't have Bradshaw in the public league). I realized after what I had done, and since I was the one who dropped him I couldn't put a waiver claim in when he became a FA. Someone snatched him up.

Anyone else?

Morehead State
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
1. This one is complete hindsight, but still it makes me cringe thinking about it. Last year I drafted Gronk in the second to last round of my 12 man league. After the draft I dropped another guy and picked up Hernandez. This was before Gronk showed any signs of being, well, Gronk. Dropped Gronk after Week 1 when Hernandez put up a good stat line. I figured Hernandez was the better option as he is more of a hybrid WR/TE and they split him out sometimes as a WR instead of blocking which Gronk does more of. Then Gronk went Gronk on everyone, and you know the rest.

2. This year, I'm looking to pick up a bye-week filler WR in one of my public leagues aside from my 2 money leagues. Girlfriend called me on the phone and I got distracted and I ended up dropping Andre Brown whom is my handcuff to Bradshaw in one of my money leagues thinking I am in my public 10 team league where RBs are dropped every week (and I don't have Bradshaw in the public league). I realized after what I had done, and since I was the one who dropped him I couldn't put a waiver claim in when he became a FA. Someone snatched him up.

Anyone else?
Had Stephens-Howling in my starting lineup on Thursday then I dumped him for Hardesty. Ended up losing by 3 with S-H going for 20+ points.

gmen0820
10-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Cut Alfred Morris a day before the season started lol

I'm still in first place, but I would have been much better off.

Kase-1
10-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Had Stephens-Howling in my starting lineup on Thursday then I dumped him for Hardesty. Ended up losing by 3 with S-H going for 20+ points.Oh yea, once again I would like to say thanks for that one Morehead

Morehead State
10-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Oh yea, once again I would like to say thanks for that one Morehead
I hope you're feeling the love Kase. I'm there for ya....

GMENAGAIN
10-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Drafted Philip Rivers with Aaron Rogers still on the board last season. I thought that Rivers was going to have a monster year.

The guy that drafted Rogers won the league. I did not.

thomsoad
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
This an ALMOST...
I offered a trade 2 years ago where I wulda given up McCoy for Boldin.
Week 4 and I was a tad thin in the WR position.
McCoy at the time was #9 RB and Boldin was #9 WR.
Guy wuldnt do it unless i threw in another top 15 RB which I thought was insane so didnt do it.
Season ended with McCoy in the top 3 and Boldin didnt even crack the top 40.
Thank God he didnt pull that trigger.