PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Victor Cruz Says He Won't Consider Holding Out For New Contract

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 08:10 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_victor_cruz_says_he_won.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Victor Cruz is third in the NFL with 50 receptions. His 627 receiving yards place him third. The seven touchdowns put him in a three-way tie for first.

But his salary doesn't rank anywhere near the top. He is making $540,000 this season, the final of his rookie contract. In an interview on WFAN Tuesday, he admitted he would like a new contract by season's end.

He, however, won't consider holding out to avoid risking injury, which he saw was suggested by an NFL analyst on Twitter today.

"I should hold out, right? [It will] never happen," Cruz told reporters. "Because if I'm going to do that I might as well do it in the beginning of the season, and not wait when I'm doing so well, and just hold out. I want to continue to help my team win.

"The team's going to panic if I hold out. That's not me. I just want to go out and play football and continue to be myself." Read more...

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Way to go, Victor

Ruttiger711
10-24-2012, 08:36 PM
I hate that Steve Smith makes me have some degree of doubt about statements like these.

I'm confident that he's 100% genuine in whatever he says though - I have to be.

CowboysSuck
10-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Steve Smith didnt hold out in the middle of a season. He just said he was a Giant at heart, he wants to play here blah blah blah. If Cruz can learn one thing from Steve Smith, its what NOT to do with a contract situation like this.

The Giants are not stupid, and if you play your cards right (just like Victor is right now) he WILL be rewarded with a multimillion/year contract. Hes got class, and I respect that about him.

giantsforce
10-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Cruz has a lot of class. I just hope the Giants will take care of him because he deserves it. I would hate to see him go somewhere else like the Cowgirls. I am sure that Jerry Jones will drop Dez like a hot potato and he will mortgage the big stadium to get him.

thegreatone
10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Cruz is going to be very expensive I hope we can afford him

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 09:16 PM

We can. The question is who has to leave to get it done??

GFiP
10-24-2012, 09:19 PM
True team player

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 09:43 PM
True team player

+1

joemorrisforprez
10-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Reese could save some major coin by ripping up that old contract and locking him up sooner rather than later.

If they let him hit free agency, he'll be gone.

Cool Papa B.
10-24-2012, 10:12 PM
What a great guy!!!!!

Ruttiger711
10-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Reese could save some major coin by ripping up that old contract and locking him up sooner rather than later.

If they let him hit free agency, he'll be gone.

He's a RFA - but yes if we let it get that far we will be paying top dollar.

Overdrive92
10-24-2012, 10:33 PM

Oh no, we can afford him.

The question is who has to hit the road in order to afford him.

BigBlueAllDay
10-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Has anyone ever brought up the fact that Victor Cruz looks a lot like former Giants CB Will Peterson?

giantsfan420
10-28-2012, 12:47 PM
i just hope cruz is how he comes across and wont want like top 3 wr or top 5 wr money, hopefully his small beginnings and cinderella story weigh heavily with hm and he takes a multi year, high % guaranteed contract that seems bigger than it is even tho he's truthfully earned a top 5 wr contract imho

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't remember anyone ever starting a season then holding out while they were under contract. Is there anyone who's ever even done this? It's a pretty bizzarre concept that you're out there playing for a chamonship then just say screw the team, and hold out. The guy that tweeted this has to be a moron.