PDA

View Full Version : Eli finally grew a set!

Abby Manning
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM
"I appreciate him giving it to me. Thank you," Manning quipped. "I didn't think it took a rocket scientist to figure it out either. I had a guy running open and I hit him."
That's about as big a shot as Manning has ever taken at another player. And here comes another one:
"If that's the way they want to put it in their heads, then that's fine. But the fact is that was the coverage they messed up," Manning said. "That's what you've got to do as an offense: You've got to take advantage of it. If a team wants to give up some plays or they don't want to play well on a certain day, it's our job to play better and make the plays and take advantage of that opportunity."

Eli breaking out of the norm and firing back a jab at DeAngelo Hall!

http://usat.ly/RWjOhD

GameTime
10-24-2012, 08:35 PM
good.....screw these other players who think they give the Giants wins or that they are lucky.
Just as Eli said you take advantage of the opposing defenses mistakes. Pretty much the name of the game.

Moke
10-24-2012, 08:37 PM
What Hall said must have been the dumbest thing ever said from an athlete, I believe.

GFiP
10-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Lol, Eli obliterated him.

Abby Manning
10-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Lol, Eli obliterated him.

Hey that's a lot coming from the mouth of Eli, Mr. PC.

rainierjef
10-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Abby go back in the kitchen and keep our QB feed!!!

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
well when the last handful of games result in a win for the nyg, and the opponents consistently claim the bs thats been claimed, eventually someones gonna say something and im glad it was eli. he doesnt say much in the media eye but when he does, its usually short, sweet and to the point

fansince69
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
did eli actually say that?or is this a joke? ....just wondering cause when he speaks he is usually so politically correct almost to the point of boring....for him to say that is really out of character

titwio
10-24-2012, 09:01 PM
When I click on your link all I get is a bird and some kind of dead three-eyed fish.

fansince69
10-24-2012, 09:02 PM
When I click on your link all I get is a bird and some kind of dead three-eyed fish.

same here

G-Men Surg.
10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Well to me he grew a pair back then when we stood up against TV Barber. Heh and then that year the rest was history winning the big one.

Abby Manning
10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
same here

fixed the link

Abby Manning
10-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Well to me he grew a pair back then when we stood up against TV Barber. Heh and then that year the rest was history winning the big one.

Who is T.V Barber?

Moke
10-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Who is T.V Barber?

That was the joke. SMH

G-Men Surg.
10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Who is T.V Barber?
LOL ! Tiki Barber .

GiantWarfare
10-24-2012, 09:25 PM

hahaa "TV" Barber....nice

Abby Manning
10-24-2012, 09:27 PM
That was the joke. SMH

So was my post....sarcasm without the red font

Moke
10-24-2012, 11:08 PM
So was my post....sarcasm without the red font

I believe you were serious.....

Rat_bastich
10-24-2012, 11:17 PM
DeAngelo Hall has always been a brickhead and runs his mouth on a regular. I'm not surprised he was the guy who finally made Eli say something.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Eli never needed to grow a set, Real bad boys move in silence.

Rat_bastich
10-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Eli never needed to grow a set, Real bad boys move in silence.

He's the ninja of quarterbacks!!

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-25-2012, 12:15 AM
I know your trolling bro...Eli wouldnt say this

PRGiant
10-25-2012, 02:52 AM
Link is good, go read it, Tuck was cool too...

Captain Chaos
10-25-2012, 03:01 AM
Can anyone spell sour grapes!!!!!

G4L
10-25-2012, 04:36 AM

Your description of this image picqued my interest, I clicked on the link hoping it was still there, I was sort of disappointed to find the actual article. Any chance some one could repost the link to this dead three-eyed fish and his feathered companion?

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Your description of this image picqued my interest, I clicked on the link hoping it was still there, I was sort of disappointed to find the actual article. Any chance some one could repost the link to this dead three-eyed fish and his feathered companion?
lol

Abby Manning
10-25-2012, 02:03 PM
I believe you were serious.....

I call shenanigans!

Abby Manning
10-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I know your trolling bro...Eli wouldnt say this

Click the link, its legit....USA Today. Saw it first on my USA Today app on my iPhone.

nygfanmaybe
10-26-2012, 06:43 AM
I think the title of this thread is just wrong. I believe that a guy would have to have a rather large set to dictate to the mighty NFL where he would play and where he would not play. I'm not condoning this behavior, just making an observation.

CowboysSuck
10-26-2012, 09:55 AM

ahahaha what?

GiantGremlin
10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
"I appreciate him giving it to me. Thank you," Manning quipped. "I didn't think it took a rocket scientist to figure it out either. I had a guy running open and I hit him."
That's about as big a shot as Manning has ever taken at another player. And here comes another one:
"If that's the way they want to put it in their heads, then that's fine. But the fact is that was the coverage they messed up," Manning said. "That's what you've got to do as an offense: You've got to take advantage of it. If a team wants to give up some plays or they don't want to play well on a certain day, it's our job to play better and make the plays and take advantage of that opportunity."

Eli breaking out of the norm and firing back a jab at DeAngelo Hall!

http://usat.ly/RWjOhD

I can't stress the last part of Manning's quote enough - I love when you hear player's and fans talking about how a winning team didn't earn a win as opposed to their team losing it - No team ever plays a perfect all around game, and there's always mistakes that are made throughout so the key is to make less mistakes and take advantage of the opportunities given to you by the other team. It's the whole basis of winning and losing in competition actually...All Hall did in that situation is give the Giants an opportunity to make a play, and they executed on it perfectly...

alentown pa
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
the OP is starting to get annoying with these threads