PDA

View Full Version : VERY IMPORTANT GAME

BillTheGreek
10-25-2012, 01:31 AM
This Sunday will be One of the most important Wins of the Season !
Why ? How do we do it ?........and don't say Score !

BMW
10-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Well how about not play like crap till the end.

Mohann
10-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Accumulate points

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 02:09 AM
eli has had a couple of so so performances by his standard. listening to some of the pressers, it seems like tc and eli have been talking about that and eli is the 1rst person who wants to eliminate those 2-3 bonehead plays a game and i believe he will accomplish that starting @ dallas.

i think he's gonna have one of those take notice games even for eli, 4 td type performance with 0 ints and we win by 10 or more...jmho

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 02:10 AM
have a feeling nicks is gonna have a career type game

Captain Chaos
10-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Disciplined Defense and this time Burry Romo. I think Canty will be a key in the middle. The second thing is to keep our D off the field, good long drives with a solid run game. Do that and you keep that team from getting into a rhythm. Easier said than done but those are the things I think will bring the Giants success!

Antwuan
10-25-2012, 05:26 AM
This game on Sunday vs Cowboys is the biggest game as of right now for the Giants. Giants could continue to seperate themselves from the rest of the NFC East if they win.

TroyArcher
10-25-2012, 05:56 AM

Defense show up in the first half

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 06:06 AM
This game on Sunday vs Cowboys is the biggest game as of right now for the Giants. Giants could continue to seperate themselves from the rest of the NFC East if they win.
we could pretty much bury them right now. at 3-4, and us at 6-2, with their remaining schedule, i have a hard time seeing them make up ground on us when they will still have to play philly/wash 4x etc. they'd have to go 7-2 just to get to 10 wins, dunno doubt they can do it. must win this one and bury dallas
and i saw a post about us needing long methodical drives. well yea i think u'd always take those, but i actually feel our D will play much better, and that we'll prob need 1-2 big play tds that dallas got week 1.

Rat_bastich
10-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Disciplined Defense and this time Burry Romo. I think Canty will be a key in the middle. The second thing is to keep our D off the field, good long drives with a solid run game. Do that and you keep that team from getting into a rhythm. Easier said than done but those are the things I think will bring the Giants success!

This right here!

Run the frickin' ball with some authority. Defense has to not give up stuff over the middle which hopefully means a good dose of Rivers. The middle of our defense has been exploited in almost every one of our games. The defense has to stay off the field and that is where the run game has to be used.

Romo has to be put on his back or flushed out of the pocket.

This game is huge for our standings in the division. If we win this one we will take all the games in the second quarter of the season. Success in chunks.

brad
10-25-2012, 07:06 AM
On defense, I believe the key will be Rivers, not so much because of what he brings but because with him taking Kiwi's spot, Kiwi plays more on the D-line, where he has played extremely well when given the chance. Hopefully Canty is also more ready this week, his presence on the line will make the entire line better. The defense needs to get going early, being aggressive against the run and putting pressure on Romo. If they can pressure the backfield Dallas will make mistakes and turn the ball over.

On offense, it is about balance. Running the ball effectively will reduce pressure on Eli and will open up plays down-field... but most importantly allow for long sustained drives that keep our defense off the field.

SweetZombieJesus
10-25-2012, 07:09 AM
I'm sure they were all disappointed with the egg they laid in week 1. Especially Victor Cruz.

And please don't leave a linebacker on their slot receiver all game.

egyptian420
10-25-2012, 07:35 AM
have a feeling nicks is gonna have a career type gameNot sure if he's going to have a career game (although I certaily hope so), but I think he's going to have a huge game.

Toadofsteel
10-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Our team has improved much since week 1. With Beatty healthy, our o-line actually looks like an o-line. He might actually be able to stop Demarcus Ware. Nicks is 100% for the first time this season, Canty is back, Prince and Hosley are both healthy (no, ogletree won't have a career game again), Rivers is healthy... what's not to like?

BillTheGreek
10-25-2012, 08:19 AM
I said : VERY IMPORTANT GAME ..............................Let me Add :This Game is HUGE ! It's for the NFC EAST RACE / We can't Let Dallas close in on us !

Show them Giants, who the Super Bowl Champs Are !

BillTheGreek
10-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Our team has improved much since week 1. With Beatty healthy, our o-line actually looks like an o-line. He might actually be able to stop Demarcus Ware. Nicks is 100% for the first time this season, Canty is back, Prince and Hosley are both healthy (no, ogletree won't have a career game again), Rivers is healthy... what's not to like?

Sean Lee, Cowboys leading tackler out for the season .

stormblue
10-25-2012, 08:30 AM
this would be a very important game even if we were 0-7.

rubbin' the cow-turds star into the cow-patties in their own cow-pasture

is just about as good as it gets.

Mercury
10-25-2012, 08:39 AM
this would be a very important game even if we were 0-7.

rubbin' the cow-turds star into the cow-patties in their own cow-pasture

is just about as good as it gets.

This ^

Mistanihan
10-25-2012, 08:41 AM
POUND THE FOOTBALL DOWN THEIR THROATS!

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 09:33 AM
It's an important game because they where humiliated at home on the opening night of a new season. They have some paying back to do.

BillTheGreek
10-25-2012, 09:56 AM
It's an important game because they where humiliated at home on the opening night of a new season. They have some paying back to do.
True......We know how to WIN ! Just for the record show them Cow #$%&@##$# !!! And yes it's PAY BACK TIME !

GameTime
10-25-2012, 10:01 AM
It ALWAYS an important game when its vs the Cowboys. If the Giants were 14-1 and the Boys were 1-14 it would still be an important game.
You want to beat the Cowboys every ****ing time no matter what the standing consequences are or aren't.
If the Giants could only win two games a year I would want to be vs the Cowboys.....

egyptian420
10-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I PRAY that we lose the coin toss and start on defense.

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 10:28 AM
I always like when they start on defense.

jaygoon
10-25-2012, 10:39 AM
This early in the season, no game is more or less important than the next!

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Disagree. You don't want to be swept by a divisional opponent and this is a chance to gain another game on them. It's technically not a must win at this point of the season but as the title says its very important.

Flip Empty
10-25-2012, 11:00 AM
This early in the season, no game is more or less important than the next!
Early? It's the middle of the season, and this is one of three remaining division games. It's important.

jimsgints
10-25-2012, 11:07 AM
I believe Martellus will have a big game.

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 12:04 PM
wow. i forgot some points...we really should destroy them;
week 1 we had DD and Lockler at Tackle, Beatty has played 100x better than DD imho.
Cruz has come on as has our run game.
On D, we didnt have Prince, and we didnt use Hosely, we used Tryon over him and it killed us (3rd and 30 and we give up a bomb td smfh)
Canty is back, and our DL finally woke up.
I also feel Eli is due for a huge error free game bc he's had a couple of so so games back2back

they are w/o sean lee and ian rapport has reported demarco murray will NOT play. They dont have their center either, lost him last week.

i see us winning this by 10-17 pts

miked1958
10-25-2012, 12:22 PM
we could pretty much bury them right now. at 3-4, and us at 6-2, with their remaining schedule, i have a hard time seeing them make up ground on us when they will still have to play philly/wash 4x etc. they'd have to go 7-2 just to get to 10 wins, dunno doubt they can do it. must win this one and bury dallas
and i saw a post about us needing long methodical drives. well yea i think u'd always take those, but i actually feel our D will play much better, and that we'll prob need 1-2 big play tds that dallas got week 1.
Yes looking at this weeks games we can obviously bury dallas like you said where we would have a split which nullifies their week one victory and puts them at 3-4 and us at 6-2. Eagles play the Falcons so there is a good chance they drop to 3-4 and the Redskins already at 3-4 have a good chance to lose to the Steelers which will drop them to 3-5

So at the end of this weekend the NFCE Standings could look like this even though we would only be 2-2 in the Division

1st --- NY Giants 6 - 2
2nd -- Philly 3 - 4
3rd -- Dallas 3 - 4
4th -- Skins 3 - 5

stormblue
10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes looking at this weeks games we can obviously bury dallas like you said where we would have a split which nullifies their week one victory and puts them at 3-4 and us at 6-2. Eagles play the Falcons so there is a good chance they drop to 3-4 and the Redskins already at 3-4 have a good chance to lose to the Steelers which will drop them to 3-5

So at the end of this weekend the NFCE Standings could look like this even though we would only be 2-2 in the Division

1st --- NY Giants 6 - 2
2nd -- Philly 3 - 4
3rd -- Dallas 3 - 4
4th -- Skins 3 - 5

now that's a pigskin prognostication that i can live with

miked1958
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
by the way i was hoping we'd be able to pick up some ground in week 11 when we are on our bye. that wont happen as the Eagles are at Washington so one has to win. but one has to lose as well.

Dallas is at home entertaining the Browns. so it looks like we lose ground there to. SO the bottom line is we need to put as much distance between them between now and then.

Flip Empty
10-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Don't sleep on those Browns. The Giants were lucky to play them early on as they've been steadily improving week by week.

miked1958
10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
also a good point made above is that we will have most of our Div games out of the way after this weekend. We then get to sit back and watch philly which has played just one NFCE game, Wash which has only played 1 and dallas which has only played 2 beat up on each other. I hope it plays out to where they cancel each other out and no one gains big by these games

Toadofsteel
10-25-2012, 01:04 PM
also a good point made above is that we will have most of our Div games out of the way after this weekend. We then get to sit back and watch philly which has not played any nfce games, Wash which has only played 1 and philly which has only played 1 beat up on each other. I hope it plays out to where they cancel each other out and no one gains big by these games

Philly played us already... yeah I blocked that out of my head too.

Abby Manning
10-25-2012, 02:13 PM

They're all important, we will win 30-21 all field goals. Tynes will shine.

GameTime
10-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Don't sleep on those Browns. The Giants were lucky to play them early on as they've been steadily improving week by week.
last time I checked they were still 1-6. Improving is great. Wins are better.....lol

BillTheGreek
10-25-2012, 03:15 PM

WOW .....That's 10 Field Goals !! And no TD's for Eli ! ....Are you SURE ? Did you ask Eli, if that was OK with him. Any way FG's or TD's what ever it takes, as long as the Giants Win ! BTW >>>> Can you Please tell Eli, That my Nerves are shot, and I can't wait for the Last 2 minutes of the game, to finish off the Cowboys , So Please do it it in the first Half ! But I am beginning to think he enjoys Winning in the last few minutes ! It is Exciting !

Go Giants.................Win this one for "Abby"

merritt
10-25-2012, 03:36 PM

I have Tynes on my FF team, so that'd be pretty awesome.

BUT, I would rather see Eli go off with 4 TDs, 0 INTs and close to 400 yards. Also like to see Wilson get a TD. Whether that's running, recieving or breaking a kickoff return, I don't care :)

EDIT: Of course, hopefully, he'll only see 1 kickoff from the Cowboys...

miked1958
10-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Philly played us already... yeah I blocked that out of my head too.i messed tht all up. I meant Dallas cause I put Philly in twice. But Dallas will have played 2 after Thais weekend. I will edit it

VBGiantsFan
10-25-2012, 07:26 PM
This game is going to be based on the offensive line either giving Eli time or not. If he's under constant pressure (was during the Redskins game) we are in for a long frustrating game.