PDA

View Full Version : Nicks Finally Feels Like Himself Again

RoanokeFan
10-25-2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-himself-again (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/10/nicks-finally-feels-like-himself-again)

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks just hasn’t looked like his old self since he added a knee injury to his injured foot in Week 2. But on Wednesday at practice, he finally felt that way, setting the tone for what he predicts “will be a great week for me.”

“I’m a lot healthier now,’ Nicks said. “I feel like I finally got over the little hump. I feel like I got back to myself a little bit. I feel like I was getting in and out of my routes and having that full confidence back.”

Nicks hasn’t been bad since he returned to the lineup two weeks ago after missing there games with his injuries. But in those two games he’s only caught eight passes for 97 yards – a huge drop from the 10 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown he had back in Week 2 in a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers." Read more...

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 09:03 AM
That's great news. He really didn't look to good against the 49ers but I thought he looked a little better last week. It does seem what he said has come true. That every week he feels it getting better.

RoanokeFan
10-25-2012, 09:04 AM
That's great news. He really didn't look to good against the 49ers but I thought he looked a little better last week. It does seem what he said has come true. That every week he feels it getting better.

Yes, and it's really good news that playing hurt hasn't set him back

RagTime Blue
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
People often talk about how often Nicks seems to be injured, and I agree that it's frustrating. But I'll give him credit for being able to play through pain, and more importantly, managing his injuries and limiting setbacks. People forget that he's had hamstring problems in the past, and those often last a career.

GameTime
10-25-2012, 10:50 AM
even when he plays hurt he put like 3 for 50 or somehting like that and one of those 3 receptions are usually a critcle 3rd down.

RoanokeFan
10-25-2012, 11:42 AM
even when he plays hurt he put like 3 for 50 or somehting like that and one of those 3 receptions are usually a critcle 3rd down. +1

FrankAE
10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
I think Nicks needs to 100% to go up against claiborne. He is turning into a premier cb and he's a rookie, with the arrogance of that and being a cowboy he'll play even stronger vs Nicks ( 1st receiver on the champion team who also division rival. ) . I have no doubt he can produce vs claiborne but only if he is healthy enough to go full strength and speed.

How ever thought with Sean Lee out Bennett should come up big vs his old team

JB456
10-25-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-himself-again (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/10/nicks-finally-feels-like-himself-again)

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks just hasn’t looked like his old self since he added a knee injury to his injured foot in Week 2. But on Wednesday at practice, he finally felt that way, setting the tone for what he predicts “will be a great week for me.”

“I’m a lot healthier now,’ Nicks said. “I feel like I finally got over the little hump. I feel like I got back to myself a little bit. I feel like I was getting in and out of my routes and having that full confidence back.”

Nicks hasn’t been bad since he returned to the lineup two weeks ago after missing there games with his injuries. But in those two games he’s only caught eight passes for 97 yards – a huge drop from the 10 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown he had back in Week 2 in a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers." Read more...

Hopefully this improves his production on the field.

Rusty192
10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
I think Nicks needs to 100% to go up against claiborne. He is turning into a premier cb and he's a rookie, with the arrogance of that and being a cowboy he'll play even stronger vs Nicks ( 1st receiver on the champion team who also division rival. ) . I have no doubt he can produce vs claiborne but only if he is healthy enough to go full strength and speed.

How ever thought with Sean Lee out Bennett should come up big vs his old teamClaiborne has been alright. Nothing that amazing yet.

but I hope you are right about Bennett. That would be awesome for him to put up a clinic on the Cowboys. They would probably lose their minds lol.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-25-2012, 10:03 PM
If Nicks said it, He means it. He will be just fine, and get back to his old self kicking butt and making plays.

miked1958
10-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Well the main issue which was pointed out by the announcers last Sunday was that he doesn't have the speed back yet to get separation from his defender yet. Hopefully this week will be different

miked1958
10-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Also I know Hixon runs better routes and all but I don't understand how they just have gone away from Barden totally. Ever since he had that breakout game he has hardly played. I know he played the following week vs Philly and a lot of people blame him for the loss. However up to that play he made come key catches and forced the eagles into penalties. As much as I like what Hixon is doing I still think Barden has a place to contribute on this team

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 10:52 PM
So Nicks should be better this time around and I don't see Cruz having another bad game like he did the first time they played. I'm hoping for some good things.

B&RWarrior
10-25-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm going to call his bluff. He always says he feel good and its obvious he is struggling with that knee and foot injury. Even Aikman new he was still hurting and commented how Nicks wasn't getting any separation. I saw him wince after a few catches where he hit the ground last week. We need him on the field so we may just have to et used to a Nicks at 70-80% in the short term and pray he gets healthier and doesn't aggravate the injury.

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't know. I thought he looked a lot better last week than the week before. He practiced all week. I'm buying it.

miked1958
10-25-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm going to call his bluff. He always says he feel good and its obvious he is struggling with that knee and foot injury. Even Aikman new he was still hurting and commented how Nicks wasn't getting any separation. I saw him wince after a few catches where he hit the ground last week. We need him on the field so we may just have to et used to a Nicks at 70-80% in the short term and pray he gets healthier and doesn't aggravate the injury.yes I mentioned that above that both announcers said he could not get any separation

Abby Manning
10-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Eli told him to man up, and get over it.

giantsfan420
10-26-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm going to call his bluff. He always says he feel good and its obvious he is struggling with that knee and foot injury. Even Aikman new he was still hurting and commented how Nicks wasn't getting any separation. I saw him wince after a few catches where he hit the ground last week. We need him on the field so we may just have to et used to a Nicks at 70-80% in the short term and pray he gets healthier and doesn't aggravate the injury.

he's been practicing more and more each week. this last week he practiced 4 days in a row, dont think he missed a day. u dont do that if ur bsing and not getting back to 100%. he wasnt as badly hurt as some here thought. the time off was just to ensure he wouldnt be like bradshaw and be able to practice once a week. he prob coulda missed less time, but tc wanted him to be able to be himself and close to 100%.
he's gonna have a career day, u heard it from me first