PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Safety Kenny Phillips Returns To Practice

RoanokeFan
10-25-2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/25/new-york-giants-safety-kenny-phillips-returns-to-practice/

Excerpt: "For the first time since spraining his MCL (http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/02/new-york-giants-kenny-phillips-week-to-week-after-spraining-mcl-against-philadelphia-eagles/) against the Philadelphia Eagles in week three, New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) safety Kenny Phillips (http://www.giants101.com/tag/kenny-phillips/) returned to the positional portion of practice on Thursday. And although playing on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys remains up in the air, it's a good sign that the veteran is nearing a healthy return.

With Stevie Brown (http://www.giants101.com/tag/stevie-brown/) playing so well in his absence, the Giants have no reason to rush Phillips back and risk re-injuring his MCL.In addition to Phillips, defensive tackle Rocky Bernard (http://www.giants101.com/tag/rocky-bernard/) (quad) also returned to practice on a limited basis Thursday. And they were joined by center David Baas, who missed practice on Wednesday due to an ankle injury sustained against Washington." Read more...

Toadofsteel
10-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Nice to have him back. I for one predict the return of a 3 safety set. KP can keep the play in front of him and Stevie can be a wild card safety, changing up blitzes and coverages on each play...

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 01:09 PM
even with brown playing so well, getting kp would be huge! it would essentially remove the one legit threat dallas would have left now that d.murray is out and their starting C is out as well (lack of run game imho).
KP takes away the deep bombs. he plays that centerfield role so damn well, thats the one thing i dont quite like stevie bown doing. i believe brown is better in a cover 2 look where he can help/get more help then leaving him on an island deep center and asking him to play sideline to sideline the way KP can.
I'd be stoked if I was PF and i knew KP would be ready to go. u could continously mix up coverages/personnel with rolle/brown/kp...also we have prince and hosely instead of coe and tryon (week 1 abuse victims, 3rd n 30 td bomb smfh)...

KP playing takes my prediction from winning by 10-17 to 21 or more literally i am not expecting a close game at all, we are just playing way too physical and with our patented eli to weapons mix...dallas is catching us at the wrong time for them...and the fact we lost week 1 at home, the guys will be hungry to go 4-0 @ dallas

GameTime
10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
every healthy player back is a huge plus.....

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
even with brown playing so well, getting kp would be huge! it would essentially remove the one legit threat dallas would have left now that d.murray is out and their starting C is out as well (lack of run game imho).
KP takes away the deep bombs. he plays that centerfield role so damn well, thats the one thing i dont quite like stevie bown doing. i believe brown is better in a cover 2 look where he can help/get more help then leaving him on an island deep center and asking him to play sideline to sideline the way KP can.
I'd be stoked if I was PF and i knew KP would be ready to go. u could continously mix up coverages/personnel with rolle/brown/kp...also we have prince and hosely instead of coe and tryon (week 1 abuse victims, 3rd n 30 td bomb smfh)...

KP playing takes my prediction from winning by 10-17 to 21 or more literally i am not expecting a close game at all, we are just playing way too physical and with our patented eli to weapons mix...dallas is catching us at the wrong time for them...and the fact we lost week 1 at home, the guys will be hungry to go 4-0 @ dallas

yeah a huge downgrade......huge, give me a break. If he was so HUGE, why did Romo scorch him and Antrelle Rolle for 3 TDs the last time we played them

Kruunch
10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I think we're getting healthy too soon.

There goes our repeat.

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 01:28 PM

why is that? Kenny is going to step up his game and produce an INT per game like Stevie?? Why the 21 point differential?........or is Kenny going to hobble around, get burned and produce his normal 1 INT per season

blueNorange
10-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Nice to have him back. I for one predict the return of a 3 safety set. KP can keep the play in front of him and Stevie can be a wild card safety, changing up blitzes and coverages on each play...

what about will hill? he was playing real well and the fact that you can use him as a nickel makes his value much greater

and yes will hill is better than stevie brown

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 01:33 PM
When did KP get beat against Dallas? I saw Brown get beat a couple of times. This is not o say I don't like Brown, but KP is one of the best at what he does.

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 01:34 PM
what about will hill? he was playing real well and the fact that you can use him as a nickel makes his value much greaterand yes will hill is better than stevie brownAbsolutely agree about Hill. Can't wait until he gets back. What is it? Two more games?

GMan-67
10-25-2012, 01:34 PM
good news on Phillips and Bernard ... im not too concerned about Baas, he played thru the ankle on Sunday and i expect him to do that again

now Bradshaw will defintely play, but it wouldnt be good if he has to go back to not practicing like last year esp. considering we had poor rushing numbers during the first 2/3rds of our regular season

blueNorange
10-25-2012, 01:35 PM
yeah i don't get what bparcells777 is talking about, last year phillips was one of the better safeties in the league and is asked to mirror the qb

blueNorange
10-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Absolutely agree about Hill. Can't wait until he gets back. What is it? Two more games?

yes 2 more games, it's obvious the giants are saving hill to replace rolle or phillips .. the speed hill displays as a db is insane

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Hill is an elite athlete, always was. He just needed to focus on his craft which is doing. The limited action he saw before the suspension was very impressive.

shocknaweny
10-25-2012, 01:54 PM
I have been very satisfied with Stevie Browns play but if KP can go than all the better I guess

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 01:58 PM
good news on Phillips and Bernard ... im not too concerned about Baas, he played thru the ankle on Sunday and i expect him to do that again

now Bradshaw will defintely play, but it wouldnt be good if he has to go back to not practicing like last year esp. considering we had poor rushing numbers during the first 2/3rds of our regular season

I hope Bradshaw sits this week and Coughlin is now forced to give Andre Brown a real shot. Bradshaw needs to come in when the D is tired.......he is not too good in the 1st half of most games.........this is exactly the formula Coughlin used in the old Jacobs/Bradshaw heyday

RoanokeFan
10-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I think we're getting healthy too soon.

There goes our repeat.

Here comes our repeat...Baas is injured, Bradshaw isn't practicing...Hang onto that for reassurance :rolleyes:

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Bradshaw is not good in the second half? Lol. Tell that to the 49ers.

RoanokeFan
10-25-2012, 02:04 PM
I hope Bradshaw sits this week and Coughlin is now forced to give Andre Brown a real shot. Bradshaw needs to come in when the D is tired.......he is not too good in the 1st half of most games.........this is exactly the formula Coughlin used in the old Jacobs/Bradshaw heyday

Brown has had his "real shot" and did pretty well. I'm more interested in Seeing Wilson get a few real snaps

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Bradshaw is not good in the second half? Lol. Tell that to the 49ers.

I said hes not too good in the FIRST half........the little guy needs a tired D to thrive

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Still on this thing about Bradshaw. I thought he silenced all the critics. Guess not. He is their starter and he is a work horse.

Toadofsteel
10-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Still on this thing about Bradshaw. I thought he silenced all the critics. Guess not. He is their starter and he is a work horse.

He is the Incredible Hulk. When he's angry and running hard, he's all the good aspects of Rice, Richardson, Lynch, and MJD wrapped into one package. But he can't Hulk out all the time or his feet break down...

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 03:27 PM
he always starts off slow......they should throw him more screens. Brown is a weapon not beig used properly......in my opinion

blueNorange
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
if brown knew how to block, he would get more snaps

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Apparently blocking is overrated. At least that's what I hear the last time everyone was calling for Bradshaw to sit.

slipknottin
10-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Maybe they can finally bench Rolle.

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Apparently blocking is overrated. At least that's what I hear the last time everyone was calling for Bradshaw to sit.

I'm going with Buddy on this one
Andre Brown's blocking from the tub and the bench is just godawful......he should be blocking access to the Gatorade, and the John much much better
man you are a tool

JayMas9
10-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Good to see one of the best safeties in the NFL getting healthy.

Toadofsteel
10-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm going with Buddy on this one
Andre Brown's blocking from the tub and the bench is just godawful......he should be blocking access to the Gatorade, and the John much much better
man you are a tool

Ball security is also very important. That's why you dont see Wilson in the backfield all that much. And guess who has more fumbles per carry than Brown?

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm going with Buddy on this one Andre Brown's blocking from the tub and the bench is just godawful......he should be blocking access to the Gatorade, and the John much much betterman you are a toolReally? So why did KG say it himself? He said that Bradshaw is their best blocking RB. Oh what would a two time Super Bowl winning OC know anyway? Lets have the franchise QB get drilled int the turf. Awesome strategy.

DownWitJPP
10-25-2012, 09:52 PM
glad KP is getting healthy, I just hope they don't rush him back and let him fully heal

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I think we have seen the Giants not rush guys back. Look at Nicks. I don't think he plays this week. Hopefully if he does play a little before the bye he has no set backs and a little extra break to be ready for the end of the season.

BigJ
10-25-2012, 09:56 PM
He is the Incredible Hulk. When he's angry and running hard, he's all the good aspects of Rice, Richardson, Lynch, and MJD wrapped into one package. But he can't Hulk out all the time or his feet break down...

Your joking around with this right??

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Your joking around with this right??
i dunno i know its homerish but when bradshaw is on, id say thats fair. when he's at his best it does seem like he is a combination of a lot of good players

rainierjef
10-26-2012, 02:41 AM
lmfao

Rat_bastich
10-26-2012, 02:59 AM
I don't know about all that. He is adequate for what we use him for but I wouldn't call him a mix of alot of good players. He had a couple of good games this season...one was a career game. Those other guys do it on a consistent basis and are about as close to every down backs as there is in the NFL nowadays. Bradshaw is not an every down back and is barely an every game back.

giantsfan420
10-26-2012, 03:40 AM
I don't know about all that. He is adequate for what we use him for but I wouldn't call him a mix of alot of good players. He had a couple of good games this season...one was a career game. Those other guys do it on a consistent basis and are about as close to every down backs as there is in the NFL nowadays. Bradshaw is not an every down back and is barely an every game back.

very true. i was speaking on more of an individual run basis. like when bradshaw is at his best, and he has run that displays that, he does have a rare mix of power, stop and go quickness, violent cutbacks, he'll carry 4 defenders, he'll lower his head and steam roll a guy and give him a concussion (b.poole, nyj last yr)...but ur point about an everydown back n really an every game back is valid, those guys r much more suited for that bc of bradshaws feet

but in terms of an individual run, u gotta admit that bradshaw has some of the most memorable ones

giantsfan420
10-26-2012, 03:42 AM
lmfao

imitation is the purest compliment possible. and besides, ur love fest over cowboy players with ntegrase actually WAS funny, and yet u were/are still 100% clueless about bennett go figure

Captain Chaos
10-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Great news, Brown has been playing well sooooo, don't rush him back!

rainierjef
10-26-2012, 05:43 AM
imitation is the purest compliment possible. and besides, ur love fest over cowboy players with ntegrase actually WAS funny, and yet u were/are still 100% clueless about bennett go figure

?

edit: you have a love affair with the player Bennett, your homerisim extends no bounds when it comes to him. I already ate my crow on him thus far and am still waiting to see if he is consistent throughout the rest of the year, other than that like the poster said he looks unfocused at times. Multiple people would agree if he continues the route he at least breaks up the pass or catches it. watching games and studying coaches film gives you some knowledge I agree, but If you haven't played the game my friend your gonna get lost sometimes, for you it's most of the time.

giantsfan420
10-26-2012, 06:09 AM
lmao

rainierjef
10-26-2012, 06:10 AM
^this

edit: do you feel emasculated admitting you're wrong? I think you are the only ego on these boards that hate to admit when they are wrong; you fight for dear life to prove your point and when you are out of excuses you badger the poster. this type of behavior is borderline psychosis.

just saying sir

giantsfan420
10-26-2012, 06:23 AM
^this

edit: do you feel emasculated admitting you're wrong? I think you are the only ego on these boards that hate to admit when they are wrong; you fight for dear life to prove your point and when you are out of excuses you badger the poster. this type of behavior is borderline psychosis.

just saying sir

LMAO this coming from the guy who STILL tries to make good on ur prior bennett claims, "thank you" when a poster went i wish he tried harder on a few plays lmao. i've admitted being wrong hundreds of times, the thing is, its yet (me being wrong) to happen yet with you. thats where the confusion lies. when ntegrase and sean lee are the topic of discussion, i'll make sure to turn to you, the local expert.
and its kinda funny how u provoke some one with the "lmao" in clear response to me, then go on a rant which basically summarizes urself quite well...whatever the case, theres no need for ur last two edits as they are personal attacks, which actually follows suit with ur whole "im superior, rules dont apply to me but i will point them out to others" or whatever it is ur constantly doing. later alligator

rainierjef
10-26-2012, 07:00 AM
LMAO this coming from the guy who STILL tries to make good on ur prior bennett claims, "thank you" when a poster went i wish he tried harder on a few plays lmao. i've admitted being wrong hundreds of times, the thing is, its yet (me being wrong) to happen yet with you. thats where the confusion lies. when ntegrase and sean lee are the topic of discussion, i'll make sure to turn to you, the local expert.
and its kinda funny how u provoke some one with the "lmao" in clear response to me, then go on a rant which basically summarizes urself quite well...whatever the case, theres no need for ur last two edits as they are personal attacks, which actually follows suit with ur whole "im superior, rules dont apply to me but i will point them out to others" or whatever it is ur constantly doing. later alligator

So.... me saying I was was wrong thus far, posting that i eat crow for Bennett thus far is me trying to make good on claims?
Did he not! follow through on that route? Yes! did it cost us an interception? Yes! if it was hakeem nicks I would say the same thing buddy!
I am glad to be your local expert on teams and players outside of the giants, I am a fan of football altogether so watching every game if i find the time to do it is a hobby of mines and I can point you to others that feel the same way.
you probably admit your wrong to yourself in the mirror every morning, cause I've never seen you do it here.
You lmao rofl lol all the time sir and how do you know that was directed to you? am I in your head or something?

Oh they were personal, I believe you have a problem, I cannot diagnose you, but that type of behavior is borderline pyschosis, and I would not be where I am today if what I said summarizes my own behavior, I would be in the brig right now, MH or MEB'd.
By the way that was not a rant, a rant would mean I got emotional, used a couple of caps lock sentences or words... ^^^

rainierjef
10-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Back to what made me Lmfao :) in the first place.

"Rice, Richardson, Lynch, and MJD wrapped into one package." to be honest, I don't see it. A.Bradshaw's run style is unique, which is why he has problems with his legs now. Very reckless, Tough, can push a pile, can bounce it out for a gain but relies on that too much instead of taking the gap that's available. I appreciate his style of play, but to say he's a combination of the good things these players do is a little too ambiguous of a statement to swallow.