PDA

View Full Version : Eli #15 Overrated NFL Player

Kruunch
10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
According to SI's Player Poll:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1210/nfl-most-overrated-poll/content.1.html

And this is for Slipknot:

Ray Lewis is more of an overrated player than Urlacher (both are on the list) according to that list.

The list itself is ridiculous ... but I'm bored.

Toadofsteel
10-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Lower than Romo and Vick lol...

hadenough
10-25-2012, 04:05 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1210/nfl-most-overrated-poll/content.1.html

Ray Lewis is more of an overrated player than Urlacher (both are on the list) according to that list.

The list itself is ridiculous ... but I'm bored.

That list is filled with Pro Bowlers and some Hall of Famers...haha...basically the biggest names in the NFL are on the list.

Kruunch
10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
That list is filled with Pro Bowlers and some Hall of Famers...haha...basically the biggest names in the NFL are on the list.

Any list that includes both Mark Sanchez and Ray Lewis ... for pretty much any reason .... fails.

JB456
10-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Any list that includes both Mark Sanchez and Ray Lewis ... for pretty much any reason .... fails.

Tom Brady is ranked as number 9 most overrated player and Manning at 15?

Who made this list, a bunch of tweens that were drunk on wine coolers?

manning to shockey
10-25-2012, 04:28 PM
well we all know that DeAngelo Hall voted for Eli

NASCARBLITZ
10-25-2012, 04:38 PM
i cant believe that thats the way players in the leauge still think of eli..what does this man need to do to convince people..walk on water..its really terrible

Giantsin04
10-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Tebow, most overrated? I thought everyone thinks Tebow stinks? How can you be overrated when everyone rates you so poorly?

Eli and Brady? I guess leading your team to the superbowl is not thought of very highly anymore.

Kruunch
10-25-2012, 04:40 PM
i cant believe that thats the way players in the leauge still think of eli..what does this man need to do to convince people..walk on water..its really terrible

I have a really hard time thinking that any NFL player would mention most of those players unless it was as a joke/prank.

Tebow I can definitely understand ... Sanchez I could kind of see ... Romo has been getting killed for the past two years (so much so that I'd have called him underrated) ... Manning/Brady/Lewis/Urlacher/Dockett ... seriously?

NASCARBLITZ
10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
how bout troy p on that list too..hes a future hall of famer..eh that list is bogus

Rudyy
10-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I love how they don't give an explanation.

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 04:50 PM
If the opponents would just overload the sidelines each week he would be rated better..........idiots, why wont they just stay over there and leave the middle open each week

We ARE going to win the Lombardi........why make Eli's life more difficult for goodness sakes

Giants5699
10-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Brady, Lewis, and Polamalu on that list as well? Throw it out.

GMan-67
10-25-2012, 05:57 PM
well, in fairness, teams just keep giving him plays ;)

DragonSoul
10-25-2012, 05:59 PM

The list itself is ridiculous ... but I'm bored.wasnt it a year ago or two that he was either #1 or top 3 i believe?

22for25
10-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Winning Super Bowls is over rated I love stats! Screw winning! I want Payton!

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-25-2012, 07:55 PM
This list is bogus...except for 1-5 and maybe #9

VBGiantsFan
10-25-2012, 08:22 PM
1. Tim Tebow - Not sure how he is overrated. Pretty much everyone outside of Skip Bayless thinks he sucks
2. Mark Sanchez - I think he's a tad underrated actually since everyone thinks he's worse than Tebow when in reality he is an average QB
3. Tony Romo - I think he has Phillip Rivers syndrome, he just can't win a big game (playoffs). He is not overrated in the regular season. He's a very good QB.
4. Michael Vick - The Eagles are considering replacing him and the media thinks he's awful...How exactly is he overrated?
5. Ray Lewis - He's the first truly overrated player on this list considering he is old, slow, and really hasn't been at close to an elite level for a while now.
6. Reggie Bush - If anything he is UNDERRATED. He is the best offensive weapon on an awful Miami team and was a borderline probowler last year. (Must have polled a lot of Jets for the list)
7. Nnamdi Asomugha - He is overrated because he was considered once as good as Revis. I think Victor Cruz put that to rest permanently last season.
8. Michael Crabtree - Not sure how he is overrated? Every fan and media member thinks he's an average or below WR, and that's exactly what he is.
9. Tom Brady - 3 Superbowl wins, 5 appearances...Give me a break. He is FAR FAR FAR from overrated (again, mostly Jets polled I bet)
10. Ndamukong Suh - He is tremendously overrated. After his rookie seaons he's been nothing more than average. He is not the force the media would like you to believe
11. BJ Raji - I love his commercials, but he's not really stopping the run and doesn't rush the passer that well. He's a talented but overrated big body.
12. Brian Urlacher - See Ray Lewis
13. Phillip Rivers - See Tony Romo
14. Dwayne Bowe - I disagree completely. He has a worse QB situation than any top receiver in the league. He should get out of KC as fast as he can
15. Eli Manning - Good, I hope the players keep thinking he's luck and sucks when they play him. The Giants like it that way and so do I.
16. Cam Newton - Well, now that talking bad about Cam Newton means you're racist (thanks Warren Moon) I'll just say that I agree he's overrated
17. Troy Polamalu - I guess because of age and injury he's lost a step and falls into the Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher category.
18. Darnelll Dockett - He's a good player, definitely above average. He's really not overrated. He's rated exactly what he is.
19. DeAngelo Hall - OVERRATED AS HELL. I'm not just saying this because of his Eli comments. He isn't a shut down corner as he'd tell you he is and he isn't a playmaker or ball hawk. An average CB. He's sooooo overrated.
20. Roddy White - I don't get why he's on the list at all. He's an elite WR.

JayMas9
10-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Major laughs to Tom Brady, Eli, and Troy P on that list. I stopped after I got to Brady.

FlyingTruck
10-25-2012, 08:42 PM
LOL. Goes to show. Just because you play the game doesn't mean you always know what you're talking about.

Rat_bastich
10-25-2012, 09:14 PM
When they ask players to answer polls like this I am wondering how many actually answer truthfully? I almost think a player gets the poll and says..."damn, another poll" and then just answers with whatever name comes to mind. Not only that but were the polls multiple choice or fill in the blanks? After seeing some of these guys Wonderlic scores, I don't trust them filling in the blanks or choosing from multiple options. I'm surprised Cat, Dog and Crayola didn't make the list.

BG61
10-25-2012, 09:18 PM
How did Joe Flacco avoid this list?

JB456
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Major laughs to Tom Brady, Eli, and Troy P on that list. I stopped after I got to Brady.

I don't care who made the list but whoever published it should hang their head is shame. I know he doesn't get any love here but how the fark can you put Tom Brady on the list? Dudes been to 5 superbowls, won 3, and at one time or another was being considered as the GOAT (obviously before his run in with the Giants)

Also, Eli Manning was practically shat until last season when he proved himself as a top 5 QB and won a superbowl MVP! Perhaps people should stop heaping praise on new QBS whop haven't played a full half season and already proclaim them as top 10 and they are going to win 20 Superbowlzzzzz.

rainierjef
10-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Better question is how did Cam Newton get rated so low on this list i thought he would of been #2 behind tebow.

JB456
10-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Better question is how did Cam Newton get rated so low on this list i thought he would of been #2 behind tebow.

I know why, its cause he is so humble. Do you remember his Super Cam, when he scored a TD against the Giants and pulled his team within 24 bwahahahahahaha. Perhaps it was the that riveting discourse he just had with the media after his loss to the Cowboys. "Man, I don't know what we are doing but we got to do something different"....

JJC7301
10-26-2012, 02:48 AM
That is the worst list I have ever seen.

Rat_bastich
10-26-2012, 02:59 AM

I agree or at the very least they should've had two categories for him..his maturity should've been right there at number 1 or 2.

GCGiant
10-26-2012, 07:38 AM
My guess is that in order to be overrated, you'd have to be rated pretty high to begin with. IMO, the people are not saying that these people aren't good, but they are saying that they aren't as good as people make them. I am sure that there is jealousy out there, and maybe some of that jealousy comes from the fact that some of the so-called overrated players are making a ton of money outside of football in endorsements and the other guys are jealous that they are not getting-in on the action.

nycisgreat
10-26-2012, 01:35 PM

I was saying the same thing. Whoever put that together over at SI, need to have their head examined.

GiantX
10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
that list FAILS

BurnerNYG
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Cam better step his game up or Carolina coaching staff better figure out the problem because his confidence is sinking by the minute. If I had a chance to make 100 million, you wouldn't be able to get me out of the film room. On the sideline sulking with a towel on my head? Maybe he'll prove me wrong but until then, I'm ashamed to have spoken so highly of this guy that has no leadership skills whatsoever! He better get it together or else he's just proving all his critics right and do away with all those stupid celebrations. That man-child needs a real coach... I'm so disappointed!

krygny
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Lower than Romo and Vick lol...

Vick is the most overrated athlete in the history of all sports.

Not to mention an unrepentant, psychotic, sadistic puke. So, there's that too.

BurnerNYG
10-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Vick is the most overrated athlete in the history of all sports.

Not to mention an unrepentant, psychotic, sadistic puke. So, there's that too.Vick is overrated but I wouldn't say in the history of sports. He takes a beating week in and week out and he at least played in a Championship game before. Andy Reid is an overrated coach by how he never commits to the run... even when he had McNabb. Westbrook was used primarily in the passing game and Staley rarely got 100 yds a game.

I can name a whoooole lot of athletes who fell flat on their face. Sam Bowie imo is the most overrated player in sports history... at least top five.

MikeSherrard
10-26-2012, 04:01 PM
THIS IS THE #1 MOST OVERRATED LIST

EnragedYouth85
10-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Maybe they mean underrated? lol

Kruunch
10-26-2012, 04:13 PM
They really need an UN-Like button for these types of lists.

Captain Chaos
10-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Yawn......

jomo
10-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Maybe they mean underrated? lolDo the respondents know the differance? lol

G-MENBK
10-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I must have been passed out when there was such adoration thrown at Tebow with regards to his football skills..that, or Skip Clueless now constitutes 90% of media analysts.