PDA

View Full Version : "If" we were to fire Coughlin.... we better do it soon.

rebelfan1966
12-18-2011, 11:43 PM
There are going to be between 5 & 10 teams who will likely fire their coaches this season. There are only 3 or 4 coaches out there that would be an upgrade...... they will be snapped up quickly. If we can't get one of those guys, no need to let our guy go... just sayin.

FBomb
12-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Cowher is holding out for it. Not worried.

rebelfan1966
12-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Cowher is holding out for it.* Not worried.

He would be at the top of my list....

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:48 PM

SO IS GRUDEN.. GRUDEN...GRUDEN LIKE THAT SOUND GRUDEN

radar-ray
12-18-2011, 11:50 PM
There are going to be between 5 & 10 teams who will likely fire their coaches this season. There are only 3 or 4 coaches out there that would be an upgrade...... they will be snapped up quickly. If we can't get one of those guys, no need to let our guy go... just sayin.Who do you think is an upgrade from the coaches that might get fired? I don't see any. Cowher doesn't count. More likely we can get a much needed upgrade at DC.

BigBlue1971
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Cowher is holding out for it. Not worried. SO IS GRUDEN.. GRUDEN...GRUDEN LIKE THAT SOUND GRUDEN</P>

this!</P>

i like Grudens passion and intensity. </P>

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM

Just kidding there's only one coach that could turn this program around in a NY Minute & he's waiting on the call.

His 1st name is JEFF
His last name is FISHER
He would take us to the playoffs in his 1st season book it.

Coloradokid
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Couuchlin should go but be careful thay may be forced to take FEWELL as a replacement talk abut a loser org. Just thing the most arrogant GM with a lofty opinion about his picks and no starters in 5 years to back it up. Led on the field by the last Buffalo coach to be fired....

Tenspro2002
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Cowher is holding out for it.* Not worried. SO IS GRUDEN.. GRUDEN...GRUDEN LIKE THAT SOUND GRUDEN</P>

this!</P>

i like Grudens passion and intensity.* </P>

Those are definitely things this organization has lacked in recent years.

We need a *young* coach who can relate to guys in their 20s and make them feel like he's on their side. Tough, but respected.

You always get the feeling that with Coughlin, the players are ready to check out at the first sign of adversity (or even before). It's been that way since his first training camp.

gfanblue
12-18-2011, 11:56 PM

SO IS GRUDEN.. GRUDEN...GRUDEN LIKE THAT SOUND GRUDENDude, are you alright? You seem to have skipped your meds. All the GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGMEN stuff and the chanting Gruden stuff. It's a little wierd.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Couuchlin should go but be careful thay may be forced to take FEWELL as a replacement talk abut a loser org. Just thing the most arrogant GM with a lofty opinion about his picks and no starters in 5 years to back it up. Led on the field by the last Buffalo coach to be fired....

Fewell as the next HC? How could that be possible?: If JR did that he would be next one to be fired. Hey not a bad idea JR needs to go.

radar-ray
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM

Just kidding there's only one coach that could turn this program around in a NY Minute & he's waiting on the call.

His 1st name is JEFF
His last name is FISHER
He would take us to the playoffs in his 1st season book it. What's so great about him. I think he's good, nothing extrodinary, and can he deal with NYC media BS.

jhamburg
12-19-2011, 01:57 AM

His 1st name is JEFF
His last name is FISHER

Fisher is widely known as a coach who encourages cheap shots and dirty play. Personally I think this organization deserves better.

ELI_Iz_God
12-19-2011, 01:59 AM

Yes and I'm glad he is!

Bring "The Chin" to NY! Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh Buuuuudddddddyyyyy!

fewellmustgo
12-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Cowher is holding out for it. Not worried.

Yes and I'm glad he is!

Bring "The Chin" to NY! Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh Buuuuudddddddyyyyy!

Love to see that. Only problem is Cower would want some say in the draft. I dont see Reese liking that too much.

RugDaniels
12-19-2011, 02:32 AM
God, I hope the Giants don't get duped by Cowher and hire him. The guy won one Super Bowl, same as the guy who's currently the Giants head coach.

Look at recent NFL history, Mike McCarthy & Tomlin, these guys were not experienced coaches who came into a situation and won. Green Bay and the Steelers took chances on guys w/ fresh ideas. If Coughlin goes I hope the Giants pick a coach out of this new mold.

Drez
12-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Cowher is holding out for it. Not worried. SO IS GRUDEN.. GRUDEN...GRUDEN LIKE THAT SOUND GRUDEN Just kidding there's only one coach that could turn this program around in a NY Minute &amp; he's waiting on the call. His 1st name is JEFF His last name is FISHER He would take us to the playoffs in his 1st season book it.</P>

Holy christ. Both your suggestions suck.</P>

Drez
12-19-2011, 02:46 AM
God, I hope the Giants don't get duped by Cowher and hire him. The guy won one Super Bowl, same as the guy who's currently the Giants head coach. Look at recent NFL history, Mike McCarthy &amp; Tomlin, these guys were not experienced coaches who came into a situation and won. Green Bay and the Steelers took chances on guys w/ fresh ideas. If Coughlin goes I hope the Giants pick a coach out of this new mold.</P>

Tomlin is still running essentially the same offensive and defensive systems that were installed during Cowher's years there.</P>

McCarthy is running asimilar, WCO based system that Holmgren implemented.</P>

Rich4114
12-19-2011, 02:56 AM
I still say the Spags/McDaniels combo on our team would be successful. It's no good on St. Louis because they have basically zero talent. Give Spags/McDaniels this talent and I think it could be well done.

Jeff Fisher would be a good coach too. He's definitely more the Giants style too.

You also have to consider D coordinators from some of the top systems out there too.

Jotun_Fan
12-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Two words...Ray Handley

Harooni
12-19-2011, 03:22 AM
IF Coughlin retires or is asked to "retire" then we will probably promote someone in house , and if that someone has a mustache and is named Kevin. i might just might think about jumping ship. and iv been a diehard since the 80's.

renegade407
12-19-2011, 03:42 AM
the problem is defensive coordinator his scheme is trash read and react dont work in the nfl bout time you read its 2 late 2 react the d we play is trash perry fewell got 2 go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nycsportzfan
12-19-2011, 04:00 AM
There are going to be between 5 &amp; 10 teams who will likely fire their coaches this season. There are only 3 or 4 coaches out there that would be in upgrade...... they will be snapped up quickly. If we can't get one of those guys, no need to let our guy go... just sayin. Theres a ton of guys out there who have earned there chance and its all about finding that next Stud Coach which u won't know untill hes here(if we go that rute of assistant coach beco<span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">ming our HC) It is a upgrade for the fact its just plain ti</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">me! u don't survive 3straight 2nd half collapses period!! Look at what Coach To</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription"></span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription"></span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription"></span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mlin and Sean Peyton and </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mike </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mccarthy have done for there tea</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">ms!!! Guess what they were before they got there HC gigs? U got it! Assistant Coaches!

Guys like </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mike zi</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mer DC bengals for exa</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mple I'd be fine seeing Zi</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mer co</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">me in here as a HC I also woulden't </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mind seeing Jeff Jagodzinski OC Panthers co</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">me in here
</span>

nycsportzfan
12-19-2011, 04:20 AM
There are going to be between 5 &amp; 10 teams who will likely fire their coaches this season. There are only 3 or 4 coaches out there that would be in upgrade...... they will be snapped up quickly. If we can't get one of those guys, no need to let our guy go... just sayin. Theres a ton of guys out there who have earned there chance and its all about finding that next Stud Coach which u won't know untill hes here(if we go that rute of assistant coach beco<span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">ming our HC) It is a upgrade for the fact its just plain ti</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">me! u don't survive 3straight 2nd half collapses period!! Look at what Coach To</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription"></span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription"></span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription"></span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mlin and Sean Peyton and </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mike </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mccarthy have done for there tea</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">ms!!! Guess what they were before they got there HC gigs? U got it! Assistant Coaches!

Guys like </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mike zi</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mer DC bengals for exa</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mple I'd be fine seeing Zi</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mer co</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">me in here as a HC I also woulden't </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mind seeing Jeff Jagodzinski OC Panthers co</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">me in here
</span> I always get Chudzinski <span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mixed up with Jagodzinski LOL I </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">meant i woulden't </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mind Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski as our New HC Here is a few guys i think are worthy of shots replacing coughlin

</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mike zi</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mer DC bengals- Hes due his shot!

rob chudzinski OC panthers- done wonders with panthers offense even when having raw rookie QB

winston </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">moss LB coach/ assistant hc packers- coaching solid linebacking core and helping coach a powerhouse tea</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m that is doing nothing but WIN

ro</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">meo crennel inter</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m HC chiefs- I liked hi</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m when CLE got hi</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m and to be frank i feel he just had no talent at all there and as he showed today his guys will fight even when theres nothing to fight for and hes got Giants expierence back in parcells days A dia</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mond in the rough choice if u will

gus bradley DC seahawks- what a job hes doing with that D! He was recco</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mended for that Seattle job war</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mly be </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">monte kiffin fro</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m what i read and is doing a great job! He'd be another darkhorse i'd be interested in

as far as for</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mer coaches who are out there i think Brian Billick would be first on </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">my list as hes got a SB ring and coached a tea</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m that was </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mostly always good despite no QB at all!
</span>

BlueBlooded1979
12-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Cowher is holding out for it.* Not worried. SO IS GRUDEN.. GRUDEN...GRUDEN LIKE THAT SOUND GRUDEN</P>

this!</P>

i like Grudens passion and intensity.* </P>

Those are definitely things this organization has lacked in recent years.

We need a *young* coach who can relate to guys in their 20s and make them feel like he's on their side. Tough, but respected.

You always get the feeling that with Coughlin, the players are ready to check out at the first sign of adversity (or even before). It's been that way since his first training camp.

That plan is working out well in Tampa.

I don't want to see a coach that is best friends with this players. Guys who "check out" when their coach is tough on them don't belong in the NFL.

The undisciplined players need a tough HC to keep them in line and call them out when they dog it. Disciplined players crave structure and guidance along with everyone being accountable. Let the coordinators play good cop and the HC be the bad cop.

The young, peer like HC looks good when they are winning but when they lose they crash and burn badly. They are well liked but not respected.

tonyt830
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
IF Coughlin retires* or is asked to "retire" then we will probably promote someone in house , and if that someone has a mustache and is named Kevin. i might* just might think about jumping ship. and iv been a diehard since the 80's.*
calling Buddy Ryan, Calling Buddy Ryan---punch to the jaw needed in East Rutherford, be on the lookout for the O-coordinator with the stache.

I would be sick if Gilbride or Fewell was promoted! If Coughlin goes, so should the rest.

giantyankee1976
12-19-2011, 08:42 AM
keep the HC, he is quality regardless of what some think.

CAN the DC, if that's what he likes to call himself...

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 08:52 AM
There are going to be between 5 &amp; 10 teams who will likely fire their coaches this season. There are only 3 or 4 coaches out there that would be an upgrade...... they will be snapped up quickly. If we can't get one of those guys, no need to let our guy go... just sayin.</P>

</P>

TC is a coach that has been part of two SB winning franchises with the Giants, and the HC for the last 8 years.</P>

They're not going to fire him super fast. they'll afford the time to sit down and discuss the season with him and what he wants to do (not saying they'll listen to him if he wants to stay).</P>

Don't expect a firing the moment we're out of the playoffs.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 08:56 AM
His 1st name is JEFF
His last name is FISHER

Jeff Fisher is trash, some of the dirtiest players in the league under his watch and a fish rots from the head down. People complain about how long Cowher took to win a SB, Fisher was there 17 years and never won one.

As for the OP and firing Coughlin soon, that's not how the Giants work, they never fire anybody with games left to play, they let the coach play out the season.

If the season has been in the tank for a while (something I suspect) there will be a press conference a day or two after the season ends announcing the firing.

If they aren't sure, they will wait a few weeks maybe even until after the Super Bowl. Waiting that long gets dangerous, though.

One, you aren't allowed to talk to coaches who are still employed until their seasons are over and usually you are looking at playoff teams to raid talent from.

Two, you get caught up in the feeding frenzy from other teams desperate for a head coach.

Another reason Cowher is a good choice, he's not employed at the moment so no need to wait, no need to worry about other teams because he's holding out for the Giants gig.

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 09:06 AM
His 1st name is JEFF His last name is FISHER He would take us to the playoffs in his 1st season book it.

Jeff Fisher is trash, some of the dirtiest players in the league under his watch and a fish rots from the head down. People complain about how long Cowher took to win a SB, Fisher was there 17 years and never won one.

As for the OP and firing Coughlin soon, that's not how the Giants work, they never fire anybody with games left to play, they let the coach play out the season.

If the season has been in the tank for a while (something I suspect) there will be a press conference a day or two after the season ends announcing the firing.

If they aren't sure, they will wait a few weeks maybe even until after the Super Bowl. Waiting that long gets dangerous, though.

One, you aren't allowed to talk to coaches who are still employed until their seasons are over and usually you are looking at playoff teams to raid talent from.

Two, you get caught up in the feeding frenzy from other teams desperate for a head coach.

Another reason Cowher is a good choice, he's not employed at the moment so no need to wait, no need to worry about other teams because he's holding out for the Giants gig.
</P>

Cowher is rumored to wantGM authority as well as HC authority.</P>

interesting to see how that's handled.</P>

Sintim97
12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
keep the HC, he is quality regardless of what some think.

hahahahahahahaha.

trenken311
12-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah lets fire a guy when he is 2 wins from the playoffs. F-ing idiots.

Tom wasnt out there throwing interceptions, dropping balls, giving up huge plays just so you know. He is known to be a good coach, and I didnt really see any blatant mistakes by him personally yesterday.

Want to fire Fewell, sure go for it. His unit is underperforming. But there is not 1 thing wrong with TC. He's a solid coach. you want to fire him to not end up getting any of these other big coaches, 2 of which said they wont coach next year? Welcome back tot he Ray Handley days fellas. You want that?

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Tom wasnt out there throwing interceptions, dropping balls, giving up huge plays just so you know. He is known to be a good coach, and I didnt really see any blatant mistakes by him personally yesterday.

Want to fire Fewell, sure go for it. His unit is underperforming. But there is not 1 thing wrong with TC. He's a solid coach. you want to fire him to not end up getting any of these other big coaches, 2 of which said they wont coach next year? Welcome back tot he Ray Handley days fellas. You want that?

Gotta love people who can't see what's staring them in the face and then calls other people idiots. You have the mentality of a 5 year old, "waaah there is too an easter bunny, there is there is there is, waaah, and Power Rangers are real, and wrestling is real."

The Giants have been 2 wins from the playoffs many times. The Giants have been 7:30 away from the playoffs and blown it. Do I need to recount all the disasters with playoffs on the line in the past 3 years? Or do I need to review all the failures once they do reach the playoffs? You know, the three first round exits, two of which were at home?

Has it escaped you that this team blows opportunities, and blows in general?

Even if they should SOMEHOW drag themselves across the line to get into the playoffs, do you expect ANYTHING remotely positive? Our defense is consistent garbage and when they lay eggs like yesterday, the entire team is garbage.

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Yeah lets fire a guy when he is 2 wins from the playoffs. F-ing idiots. Tom wasnt out there throwing interceptions, dropping balls, giving up huge plays just so you know. He is known to be a good coach, and I didnt really see any blatant mistakes by him personally yesterday. Want to fire Fewell, sure go for it. His unit is underperforming. But there is not 1 thing wrong with TC. He's a solid coach. you want to fire him to not end up getting any of these other big coaches, 2 of which said they wont coach next year? Welcome back tot he Ray Handley days fellas. You want that?

Gotta love people who can't see what's staring them in the face and then calls other people idiots. You have the mentality of a 5 year old, "waaah there is too an easter bunny, there is there is there is, waaah, and Power Rangers are real, and wrestling is real."

The Giants have been 2 wins from the playoffs many times. The Giants have been 7:30 away from the playoffs and blown it. Do I need to recount all the disasters with playoffs on the line in the past 3 years? Or do I need to review all the failures once they do reach the playoffs? You know, the three first round exits, two of which were at home?

Even if they should SOMEHOW drag themselves across the line to get into the playoffs, do you expect ANYTHING remotely positive? Our defense is consistent garbage and when they lay eggs like yesterday, the entire team is garbage.
</P>

some of these fans talk a big game. the view from the cheap seats is really convenient.</P>

but if any of them had to bet a 3 month's worth of paychecks on the outcome of this season, then we'd get some honest opinions.</P>

up until then, talk is so cheap its free.</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Cowher is holding out for it. Not worried. SO IS GRUDEN.. GRUDEN...GRUDEN LIKE THAT SOUND GRUDEN Just kidding there's only one coach that could turn this program around in a NY Minute &amp; he's waiting on the call. His 1st name is JEFF His last name is FISHER He would take us to the playoffs in his 1st season book it.</P>

6 winning seasons and no championships in 16 years at Tennesseee . . . . no thanks. </P>

Sintim97
12-19-2011, 01:12 PM

ELI_Iz_God
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM
His 1st name is JEFF His last name is FISHER He would take us to the playoffs in his 1st season book it.

Jeff Fisher is trash, some of the dirtiest players in the league under his watch and a fish rots from the head down.* People complain about how long Cowher took to win a SB, Fisher was there 17 years and never won one.*

If the season has been in the tank for a while (something I suspect) there will be a press conference a day or two after the season ends announcing the firing.*

If they aren't sure, they will wait a few weeks maybe even until after the Super Bowl.* Waiting that long gets dangerous, though.

</P>

Cowher is rumored to want*GM authority as well as HC authority.</P>

interesting to see how that's handled.</P>

Reese is gonna have to be somewhat flexible if he wants this team to move forward in the end he will see it was the right choice to give up some of his power.

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 01:23 PM
God, I hope the Giants don't get duped by Cowher and hire him. The guy won one Super Bowl, same as the guy who's currently the Giants head coach.

Look at recent NFL history, Mike McCarthy &amp; Tomlin, these guys were not experienced coaches who came into a situation and won. Green Bay and the Steelers took chances on guys w/ fresh ideas. If Coughlin goes I hope the Giants pick a coach out of this new mold.

He won one Superbowl...lost one...had his team in contention every single year...I'll take that all day long.