PDA

View Full Version : Giants: Jason Pierre-Paul still dominant despite numbers

merritt
10-26-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000085491/article/giants-jason-pierrepaul-still-dominant-despite-numbers

We've seen the same thing from Pierre-Paul all year. In the season opener versus Dallas, he repeatedly blew up running plays and forced throwaways. He's already one of the best run defenders in the league. ProFootballFocus, which grades every play, ranks JPP as the best run-stopping defensive end (http://www.profootballfocus.com/) this season.

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000085491/article/giants-jason-pierrepaul-still-dominant-despite-numbers I I am always amazed at how fast he is

merritt
10-26-2012, 10:08 AM
I know. Just another case in which numbers don't tell the whole story.

nycsportzfan
10-26-2012, 10:14 AM
i actually dont even have to look at that article to know this to be true.. I picked em as our team MVP(with eli not being a option) last week.. The reason being is hes been the only one to make any type of plays somewhat consistently all yr on the DLINE.. Games where we have long stretches of nothing, and finally a big play from the dline seems to always be JPP.. He might not have a ton of sacks(the numbers will be there by seasons end), hes still made quite a few valuable plays for us and without him our DLINE would of been a overall dud this season.. Littteraly, thank god for JPP this yr!!! Now the playmaking is coming on a more consistent basis as well, which is great, but again, even when the sack total wasen't rising likje u would thnk it would with him, hes been for the most part, the only constant on our DLINE..

Toadofsteel
10-26-2012, 10:31 AM
I have a feeling that by the end of his career we'll be looking at JPP like we do at LT. He's nowhere near there yet, but if he progresses the way he has, he will be definitely in the running.

GiantWarfare
10-26-2012, 07:26 PM
JPP is honestly a breath of fresh air because the guy is a true team player and values shutting down the run game as much as he does getting to the QB. Plays end, plays inside, doesn't care where he's put.

The mentality of alot of these pass rushers is simply to stop the passer, those guys value sacks and QB hits more than TFLs/forced fumbles and making life miserable for running backs.

JPP's attitude is to stop whoever has the ball in his hands. That is refreshing. What is he...3rd year in? 23 yrs old? Already a top 5 D-Lineman, and the best run-stopping D-Lineman at that.

The dude is by far my favorite Giant on defense.

BeatYale
10-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I think he'll definitely rank up there with LT and Strahan. Looks like the Giants have found yet another defensive player with rare talent. Osi and Tuck have had great seasons, but I never thought of them to be on the same level as Strahan in his prime.

rtr1105
10-26-2012, 09:13 PM
He's so good in all aspects. He's a great pash rusher obviously, a great run defender, and probably our most consistent tackler. He's got great lateral quickness and he also gets his hands up to swat a pass every now and then. I'll just go ahead and say it, the guy is a freak of nature.

Diamondring
10-26-2012, 09:42 PM
I think he'll definitely rank up there with LT and Strahan. Looks like the Giants have found yet another defensive player with rare talent. Osi and Tuck have had great seasons, but I never thought of them to be on the same level as Strahan in his prime.Strahan was a bad dood takking on O-linemens' holding and double teaming him yet he still gets the sack. He was also a great run stopper I have never seen.