PDA

View Full Version : I turned off the game today and put on Cartoons for my boys.. seriously.

Tommy_Ribs
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I was watching the game and towards the end of the first half, my 3-year old asked to watch Scooby Doo. I told him I was watching the game. Something bad happened (Can't remember exactly what) and then he asked me again to put on Scooby Doo, so I said sure, why not and fired it up on the DVR.

My point was, if the players don't care, why should I?

rebelfan1966
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I got up and started washing dishes....

Tommy_Ribs
12-18-2011, 10:46 PM
I cannot believe how unprepared the team was today. Really unbelievable to let Rex Grossman, and a below average team come into your house and embaress you.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Well the game wasn't televised here in Florida. Got to watch the chiefs beat the pack instead.

jakegibbs
I was watching the game and towards the end of the first half, my 3-year old asked to watch Scooby Doo.* I told him I was watching the game.* Something bad happened (Can't remember exactly what) and then he asked me again to put on Scooby Doo, so I said sure, why not and fired it up on the DVR.

My point was, if the players don;t care, why should I?

Yeah so did I. I turned to the Cartoon Network Channel & what did I see?

The gggggggggggggggggggmen live & in color.

DandyDon
Was pretty amazing. I was embarassed for them.

BigBlue1971
several times today i just sit there withboth hands propping up my chin and jaw. frustrated to no end.</P>

i did switch away to another game for 10-15 minutes. </P>

JMGGIANTS
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
As much as I hate putting up the Christmas tree and decorating it I started doing it in the first half.

SIMMS5611
12-18-2011, 10:53 PM
It just bums me out how uninspired the majority (not all) of the team looked. Zero sense of urgency, minimal pass rush, cake passes dropped.

It's crazy, and then to hear the same old "We f'ed up" & "We'll get 'em next week" just infuriates me.

I understand it's a job, but couldn't they try to appear to care a little bit?

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 10:53 PM
I turned off the big screen and went downstairs to get some work done....had the game on the smaller set, had my back to the TV, and turned around every now during a big play.</P>

miked1958
12-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Yes that was one of the most embarrassing displays of football I have seen I awhile

JMGGIANTS
I was watching the game and towards the end of the first half, my 3-year old asked to watch Scooby Doo.* I told him I was watching the game.* Something bad happened (Can't remember exactly what) and then he asked me again to put on Scooby Doo, so I said sure, why not and fired it up on the DVR.

That's it in the nutshell, why should we get so upset when the players don't care. It's like when you get all mad and fired up after a close loss you get to see your team smiling and talking it up with the opposing team players after the game like they don't have a worry in the world.

gfanblue
I changed water pumps on my truck... Yay!

JMGGIANTS
12-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Yes that was one of the most embarrassing displays of football I have seen I awhile
The entire team should be embarrased. But there has to be something very fundamentally missing in that locker room. Sorry to say but for me it is time to say goodbye to TC. Something is not right.

greenca190
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
A girl I've been seeing as of late was really happy to hear that "my plans fell through" and I could see her today.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I cannot believe how unprepared the team was today.* Really unbelievable to let Rex Grossman, and a below average team come into your house and embaress you.
So I see that some of you still have not learned that this is what to expect under Coughlin. How sad. I still do not understand why you guys expect different results with the same HC. The guy is a proven loser. 3 years of second half collapses has taught you nothing and now that we are experiencing the 4th collapse you wonder why the mediocrity. The mediocrity has been here since Coughlin was named HC.

DragonSoul
12-18-2011, 11:01 PM

thats how i felt with the knicks after they let van gunny go and did nothing to improve or showed that they cared.

Starting too look the same way. From top to bottom. Not liking what i hear after a WIN or a LOSS

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM
I went to Walmart and came back home to 23-3 deficit in the 4th.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 11:04 PM

My point was, if the players don;t care, why should I?

Yeah so did I. I turned to the Cartoon Network Channel & what did I see?

The gggggggggggggggggggmen live & in color.Funny same thing happened to me. I turned the channel to watch the 3 stooges and there was Coughlin with Killdrive and Fewell! Man what laughs that was! Larry, Curly and Mo pretending to be coaches in the NFL! That was hilarious!

MikeIsaGiant
12-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I grabbed the lotion and then started crying because I just couldn't do it.

Thanks giants, you filthy animals!

Tommy_Ribs
12-18-2011, 11:13 PM
A girl I've been seeing as of late was really happy to hear that "my plans fell through" and I could see her today.

NICE!

giants-rule-in-pa
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
i shut the tv off thenturned it back on to watch manning throw a td then it get called back because off holding .
then i was done for the day played with the kids. let them beat me up

Gianthunter
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Meh The chicken coop needed cleaning anyway. At least they lay eggs I can eat.

NYG_88
12-18-2011, 11:48 PM
I started watching the Bengals at Rams after the first half.

Really pathectic attempt to win a division.

plc
12-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Let us look at this from a positive point of view.We are in the playoffs now.We are still alive.Win next week and all is still in front of us.So many want TC to be fired.Well I am going to state he and this team will find a way to finish and win.I refuse to become negative until we are out of it .Go Big Blue

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Let us look at this from a positive point of view.We are in the playoffs now.We are still alive.Win next week and all is still in front of us.So many want TC to be fired.Well I am going to state he and this team will find a way to finish and win.I refuse to become negative until we are out of it .Go Big Blue this team has been garbage under Coughlin, but eventually the 3 stooges will be exposed. (coughlin- Mo, Fewell=Curly, killdrive=Larry) and throw Reese there as Shemp. In the mean time you stay positive because mediocrity is all you know.

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 12:03 AM
I grabbed the lotion and then started crying because I just couldn't do it. Thanks giants, you filthy animals!</P>

</P>

LMAO!!!!!</P>

plc
12-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Are you a Giant fan?Your posts seem to tell me you are hoping Big Blue loses.We beat plax ,rexy and sanchize and we are a lot better than you state.TC and Eli have a ring is that mediocrity???

byron
12-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Yes that was one of the most embarrassing displays of football I have seen I awhile The entire team should be embarrased. But there has to be something very fundamentally missing in that locker room. Sorry to say but for me it is time to say goodbye to TC. Something is not right. </P>

yeah I'm with ya here I'm beginning to think the personality type management likes are just plain to passive ....but there is no doubt that something is not right....</P>

BurnerNYG
12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Are you a Giant fan?Your posts seem to tell me you are hoping Big Blue loses.We beat plax ,rexy and sanchize and we are a lot better than you state.TC and Eli have a ring is that mediocrity???What are you talking about is he a Giants' fan? He was disgusted by their effort with so much at stake.

plc
12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
The only thing I am stating is we are still alive going to the last two games of season.This is a different season given the lock out.Any team still alive has a chance to put it all together.Please do not give up hope.

BurnerNYG
12-19-2011, 12:23 AM
The only thing I am stating is we are still alive going to the last two games of season.This is a different season given the lock out.Any team still alive has a chance to put it all together.Please do not give up hope.So you really think this heartless, no defense having team can beat the Pack in Lambeau or the Saints in the dome? Basketball season kicks off next week, I rather be realistic and talk about championships with a team that has a real legitimate shot. Go Bulls. Don't worry, I'll still tune in next Saturday.

Giant stuck in Texas
12-19-2011, 12:51 AM
It could always be worse my friend, I shelled out almost $400 for Sunday ticket so I can get all the games here in Texas.

I really feel sorry for season ticket holders.

giants2thebowl
12-19-2011, 01:05 AM
I gamed some madden... lost in that too.. rough day

pino
12-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Good thing my fantasy team did good today. I only had one Giant in my line up, that was my only mistake.

This year the Giants lack heart. Even during our wins its really just a few Giants that actually show up. I think its time to shake the lineup as well as see what life is like without Gilbride and Fewell.

Giant stuck in Texas
12-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Good thing my fantasy team did good today. I only had one Giant in my line up, that was my only mistake.

This year the Giants lack heart. Even during our wins its really just a few Giants that actually show up. I think its time to shake the lineup as well as see what life is like without Gilbride and Fewell.lol I guess you didn't have Eli, Cruz, and Nicks starting, like I did. :(

tonyt830
12-19-2011, 07:37 AM

thats the good thing about TV, one can always change the channel or turn it off. They don't pay us fans to get mad and disgusted. There are more important things in life

I have let my wife watch Lifetime during the stinkers or played video games with my 10 yr old son, instead of getting aggravated.

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 07:55 AM
I was watching the game and towards the end of the first half, my 3-year old asked to watch Scooby Doo. I told him I was watching the game. Something bad happened (Can't remember exactly what) and then he asked me again to put on Scooby Doo, so I said sure, why not and fired it up on the DVR.

</P>

+10</P>

Same thing. My boy (3 yrs old) played some Tiger Woods Golf with me while the game was taping on my DVR, then we watched about the same amount (1st half), then he asked for one of his shows.</P>

tommy ribs and all parents of young kids understand. you're time becomes 10x more valuable than what it was like before you had kids.</P>

i FFed deep into the 2nd half, saw the score, and put on some cartoons.</P>

we were both happier than watching the end of that sorry effort of a game.</P>

OX1
12-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Even not buying season tickets, TV fans pay through ad revenue generated and merchandise sales. I expect at a minimum, to be mildy entertained. Lose every week and I would be severelydissappointed, but still COULD be entertained. </P>

If one's life is so pathetic you need to sit there and watch that crap due to fear of not being considered a fan, thats solely one's own problem. In the real world, I expect some bare minimum from my paid "entertainers". </P>

</P>

barran21
12-19-2011, 11:02 AM
First game i also couldn't finish, even stop the DVR when Eli threw that pick in the endzone, I started playing video games...