PDA

View Full Version : Are the Giants going to get stranded in Dallas?

njg85m
10-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Man I hope not.

No one else seems to be talking about this, but if this "frankenstorm" is as bad as some of these news people are saying it will be and hits the tri-state area on Sunday night, how the heck do our boys get home from Dallas?

http://nj1015.com/nj-braces-for-frankenstorm-audiovideo/

GameTime
10-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Man I hope not.

No one else seems to be talking about this, but if this "frankenstorm" is as bad as some of these news people are saying it will be and hits the tri-state area on Sunday night, how the heck do our boys get home from Dallas?

http://nj1015.com/nj-braces-for-frankenstorm-audiovideo/
good point....they either stay one more day or the fly back and get as close to home as safely possible then go from there the next day....

coachbobbyfinst
10-26-2012, 02:31 PM
thats a good question. I hadnt even thought of that question. You be asking the good questions all of the time. Really thinking about stuff..

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Well atleast we will GET to Dallas on time with a fully healthy crew instead of having to play them at a different time.

njg85m
10-26-2012, 02:42 PM
good point....they either stay one more day or the fly back and get as close to home as safely possible then go from there the next day....

Likely scenario.

This thing isn't supposed to stop till Wednesday. Still, if this storm gives us a short week I'm gonna be pissed.

Toadofsteel
10-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Don't we have the steelers the week after?

njg85m
10-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Don't we have the steelers the week after?

Yup, 4 o'clock next Sunday in Giants Stadium.

Toadofsteel
10-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Even if the Giants could make it back, maybe they should find somewhere outside the track of the storm to spend a couple days? Even if they make it to NJ the whole team would have to pretty much camp out in the Timex Center for a couple days if they wanted to practice.

Jahh
10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
The professionals will be fine. The real question is... will my Directv crap out Sunday afternoon while I'm trying to watch this crap?!

Toadofsteel
10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
The professionals will be fine. The real question is... will my Directv crap out Sunday afternoon while I'm trying to watch this crap?!

Hurricane is not expected to hit Virginia beach directly last I checked. It's slamming into NJ and basically hovering over Giants Stadium all day tuesday...

Jahh
10-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Hurricane is not expected to hit Virginia beach directly last I checked. It's slamming into NJ and basically hovering over Giants Stadium all day tuesday...

Yeah, that's what they're saying. Calling for some heavy winds and rain but they did declare a state of emergency.

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Might be more of a problem for the Jets this weekend

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 03:46 PM
According to the National Weather Service Forecast for Dallas, it is supposed to be sunny all weekend

njg85m
10-26-2012, 03:49 PM
According to the National Weather Service Forecast for Dallas, it is supposed to be sunny all weekend

Yes, from what I've read it is supposed to hit NJ on Sunday Night.

GreenZone
10-26-2012, 03:56 PM
This could turn out to be a real plus should the G-Men decide to use this as bonding time by practicing at some facility far from the East Coast for the week, a.k.a. the 49ers a few weeks ago in Ohio before they crushed the Jets.

It's a blessing they are on the road and in a safe place this weekend for both the fans and the team.

ozzie0075
10-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Even if the Giants could make it back, maybe they should find somewhere outside the track of the storm to spend a couple days? Even if they make it to NJ the whole team would have to pretty much camp out in the Timex Center for a couple days if they wanted to practice.

Typically the Giants don't practice till Wednesday on a normal week and by that point the storm should have passed.

CowboysSuck
10-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Im a weather junky and follow a meteorolgy message board/forum regularly. Currently, the storm isnt supposed to make landfall until tuesday midday. If the storm is large enough it could affect the NY area well before that, but Sunday afternoon/night looks ok for the time being.

njg85m
10-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Im a weather junky and follow a meteorolgy message board/forum regularly. Currently, the storm isnt supposed to make landfall until tuesday midday. If the storm is large enough it could affect the NY area well before that, but Sunday afternoon/night looks ok for the time being.

Cool, thanks for clarifying. If it hits on Tuesday then we are fine. Let's just hope that this thing doesn't hit Sunday night and screw up the gmen's travel plans!

NYFG
10-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Likely scenario.

This thing isn't supposed to stop till Wednesday. Still, if this storm gives us a short week I'm gonna be pissed.

I am sure the Giants are prepared and packed extra gear just in case they need to set up shop elsewhere midweek, Not unheard of.

NYFG
10-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Might be more of a problem for the Jets this weekend

The dolphins maybe, not the Jets when was the last time a game was canceled due to weather?

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Teams have been really good about giving other teams a place to practice when something is wrong. They should pack extra and someone will take them in if needed.

G-MENBK
10-26-2012, 05:44 PM

I keep hearing that we won't feel heavy rain and big gusts of wind until Monday somewhere around noon.

Captain Chaos
10-26-2012, 06:10 PM
They better win if they have an extended stay in Dallas it could be brutal!