PDA

View Full Version : M Coe + secondary

sheepdip
10-26-2012, 02:32 PM
I actually like the way this kid plays.

I think our secondary will get stronger and stronger not too mention the pass rushers seem to be turning the corner as well which bodes well for all levels of our defense.

If anything I think Webby has been questionable in his coverage's. I am not saying he is bad but he has been susceptible more times than i would have thought.

Overall I like the makeup of our secondary and hope Kenny comes back soon.

dave56dj
10-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Coe has not seen much of the field since the early weeks - not sure what it is you like about him but he ranks below webster, hosley, prince and hill played the nickel over him as well.

I think they have made a huge jump b/c both hosley and hill allow rolle to stay back at saftey - also prince has come on nicely - but this slight revamping has nothing to do with 37.

JB456
10-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Coe has not seen much of the field since the early weeks - not sure what it is you like about him but he ranks below webster, hosley, prince and hill played the nickel over him as well.

I think they have made a huge jump b/c both hosley and hill allow rolle to stay back at saftey - also prince has come on nicely - but this slight revamping has nothing to do with 37.

I think he means compaired to Tryon. Dude, Tryon makes the towel boy look like a stud...

EnragedYouth85
10-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I think he means compaired to Tryon. Dude, Tryon makes the towel boy look like a stud...

He's a good ST player and until we can find a CB that's better at ST and can play corner, hes staying..

JB456
10-26-2012, 03:26 PM
He's a good ST player and until we can find a CB that's better at ST and can play corner, hes staying..

I don't disagree about ST but he made every receiver look like Michael Irvin and is a complete liability at corner. Obviously, if you get beat like a drum everytime you take the field leads me to believe that there must be a better option out there.

dave56dj
10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Again the plan is neither of them play - coe or tryon - that is why they are 4th and 5th on the depth chart.

EnragedYouth85
10-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't disagree about ST but he made every receiver look like Michael Irvin and is a complete liability at corner. Obviously, if you get beat like a drum everytime you take the field leads me to believe that there must be a better option out there.

Yup he is horrible at corner but there is apparently no one better out there atm.. so thats why we have him. lol

BlueJayC
10-26-2012, 03:36 PM
I honestly thought Tryon was the man before getting hurt last year......now? Not so much.......

Captain Chaos
10-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Coe is a valued backup, but with all those ahead of him he may not see the field again this year!

ShakeandBake
10-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Coe is a valued backup, but with all those ahead of him he may not see the field again this year!

Hopefully not for our sake, I have seen more than enough of Coe and Tryon on defense this year.

moosedrool
10-26-2012, 07:06 PM

I don't know why people think Tryon is a special teams stud. He has 3 tackles and 1 missed tackle on special teams. Paysinger has 8 special teams tackles.

DownWitJPP
10-26-2012, 08:21 PM
ok a few comments here...Coe is an outside corner, he doesn't play in the slot..so Hosley and Will Hill don't start over him. Coe would come in to play if Webby or Prince went out of the game.

2. Tryon is the first one down the field on kickoff's every single time and sometimes makes the tackle.

3. I know everybody wants to hate tryon for having a few bad plays but the truth is he was in good position on 2 of the 3 plays. The reciever just made a better play on the ball. Its not like he got burned and was nowhere near the reciever

GMan-67
10-27-2012, 03:55 AM

yeah this

now i will say i like the way he competes, but he is still overmatched vs. the better WRs in the league, but good for depth or for a small dime package ... but we usually go with bigger dime packages that only have 3 CBs out there

now our other CB Tryon is not as good at CB as Coe, but he is very good on STs

dave56dj
10-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Coe is an outside corner - but there is a reason he can't play the nickel - and its not cause he is stricly an outside guy - its cause he doesn't have the skill set and jayron and hill do cause they are better athleted - Bottom line they are ahead of him on the depth chart and if both were heatlhy if webby got hurt its more likely hosley moved outside with hill coming in as the nickel.

Redeyejedi
10-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Coe is a solid player as a 4th corner. As a specific match up player he is very good

hungrrrry
10-27-2012, 01:15 PM
I agree Coe is not impressive...Tryon looked OK last year (not great) before his injury, now he is just aweful but works out well on ST...his number is always in on the action.

JB456
10-27-2012, 01:32 PM
ok a few comments here...Coe is an outside corner, he doesn't play in the slot..so Hosley and Will Hill don't start over him. Coe would come in to play if Webby or Prince went out of the game.

2. Tryon is the first one down the field on kickoff's every single time and sometimes makes the tackle.

3. I know everybody wants to hate tryon for having a few bad plays but the truth is he was in good position on 2 of the 3 plays. The reciever just made a better play on the ball. Its not like he got burned and was nowhere near the reciever

1) Your right.
2) No one deputed this I was just saying he was horrible at corner and he is.
3) Tyron didn't just get beat on a few plays, he got beat on like 90% of the passes that were thrown in his direction. He is not an NFL corner. Also, who cares if he was beat with the receiver standing next to him or on a blown coverage? He was beat all the same.

Fharcyde
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
He's much better than Tryon, I'll give him that.