PDA

View Full Version : Practice Notes: Bradshaw there...But Not There

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/10/practice-notes-bradshaw-there-but-not-there

Excerpt: "Ahmad Bradshaw certainly looked like he was going to practice on Friday. Whether he actually did, however, was another question entirely.

The Giants' starting tailback, who has yet to practice this week, was in full uniform and carried his helmet around during the portion of practice that was open to the media. But when 11-on-11 drills began, Bradshaw was still standing and watching. He looked to be wearing cleats, but he also had his left ankle and foot area heavily taped.

Of course, Bradshaw could easily have started practicing after the media left; we'll get more details when Tom Coughlin addresses the media later." Read more...

Toadofsteel
10-26-2012, 03:23 PM
If he starts, awesome. If not, I have full faith in UPS to deliver...

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 03:51 PM
I thought it odd they didn't identify who was taking the snaps at RB during the part of practice they observed.

giantsfan420
10-26-2012, 04:33 PM
nfl network reported he didnt practice again today but that it was to rest his foot/ankle for sunday to ensure there were no setbacks...that said, it'll be interesting to see how the rb situation looks and whose getting what carries...ppl were quick to forget the back n forth between bradshaw and tc, but i hadnt seen something like that since shockey/burress. and the team is way diff than back then in terms of tc sitting a guy, back then it was tougher, now with his resume no one questions it in fact hes usually applauded bc its for principal. ex last yr @ dallas actually, TC sat bradshaw the entire first half. forget why, it mighta even been bc he wasnt practicing...>

edit-iirc it was bc he was late or missed a team meeting

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 04:34 PM
nfl network reported he didnt practice again today but that it was to rest his foot/ankle for sunday to ensure there were no setbacks...that said, it'll be interesting to see how the rb situation looks and whose getting what carries...ppl were quick to forget the back n forth between bradshaw and tc, but i hadnt seen something like that since shockey/burress. and the team is way diff than back then in terms of tc sitting a guy, back then it was tougher, now with his resume no one questions it in fact hes usually applauded bc its for principal. ex last yr @ dallas actually, TC sat bradshaw the entire first half. forget why, it mighta even been bc he wasnt practicing...>

TC has said he didn't want to get back into the routine of not practicing and then playing on Sunday

Cloud57
10-26-2012, 04:35 PM
let Wilson play since there won't be any sean lee to tackle him for a fumble this time.

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 04:42 PM
let Wilson play since there won't be any sean lee to tackle him for a fumble this time.
Brown will be 1st out if Bradshaw doesn't play and Wilson will get some snaps. But his biggest benefit to the game will be in his kick returns which have given us better field position than I can recall in recent years.

CowboysSuck
10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
If Bradshaw is out for any part of the game, at the absolute least, Brown and Wilson should be splitting carries. Wilson can't be looked at as just our "return workhorse".

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 06:13 PM
If Bradshaw is out for any part of the game, at the absolute least, Brown and Wilson should be splitting carries. Wilson can't be looked at as just our "return workhorse".

They will start out with Brown and bring in Wilson if Brown needs a rest or he's not being productive. Wilson is likely the future but they don't see him as being ready to take a lot of offensive snaps just yet.

Captain Chaos
10-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I think if he aint ready next man up!

JJC7301
10-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I would have Brown start this game and play AB get just a few snaps. I want him around for the rest of the season.

But this is getting real old.

Buddy333
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Bradshaw will start the game. This may not be what TC wants, but Bradshaw is the starter and has played through pain his entire career.

giantsfan420
10-26-2012, 10:42 PM
bradshaw will play. the no practice was to ensure he didnt suffer a setback for the game bc i figure the nfce division games are always more physical and we have back 2 back division games so i get why...just dont like it that he couldnt go one time this week knock on wood but it could lead to a stupid mistake...like fumbling on the opening carry at our 15 yd line smfh

GMan-67
10-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Bradshaw will play, but i think he will share some more carries this week

it's too bad he has these issues ... i think it's the only thing that has slowed him down and kept him from being considered an elite back

but we got Andre The Giant and HOF, so we'll be OK

brad
10-27-2012, 08:02 AM
I agree with most here that say Bradshaw will likely start. But, I do think his carries need to be reduced, similar in number to what he had last week... 12-15, with Brown and Wilson splitting another 10-15. I am not partial as to who gets them, the hot hand works for me. What matters is the win, not the stats for individual players.

Although, I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing them work Wilson into the plan more so we can see what we have for next year. IMO we haven't seen enough to know if he is able to be an every down back or if he is the lightning that will need a thunder to soften up the D