PDA

View Full Version : Antrelle Rolle needs to go - he talks a great game, but is invisible when it counts.

Tommy_Ribs
12-18-2011, 11:54 PM
We made him the highest paid safety in NFL history when we signed him, and he has been nothing but a true disappointment.

Even when he is not playing "Out of Position" he looks lost. Guys run right buy him, he can't make tackles in the open field, he has ONE INT this year.

Couple his poor play with the fact that he runs his mouth more than any GIANT I ever remember and he becomes an embarrassment.

He HAS to go. He is not worth it in any way shape or form.

yatitle
12-18-2011, 11:56 PM
We made him the highest paid safety in NFL history when we signed him, and he has been nothing but a true disappointment.

Even when he is not playing "Out of Position" he looks lost.* Guys run right buy him, he can't make tackles in the open field, he has ONE INT this year.

Couple his poor play with the fact that he runs his mouth more than any GIANT I ever remember and he becomes an embarrassment.

He HAS to go.* He is not worth it in any way shape or form.

Totally agree. Put Canty in that category as well.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Rolle is probably the most physical player on the defense, apart from the DL...

scf424
12-18-2011, 11:59 PM

I'd much rather have a smart player who doesn't talk.

Tommy_Ribs
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM

Sorry, I just don't see it. He is not a playmaker or game changer in any sense of the word. He does not get INTs, he cannot cover, he misses a lot of tackles.

He is either a bad fit here in this scheme, or he just isn't that good.

He has been a huge, huge disappointment here as far as I am concerned.

And while Canty never should have been paid what he was paid, but he is at least decent in my book. Rolle is a waste of money right now.

JMGGIANTS
12-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Rolle is all talk no action but hey he gets the last laugh, all the way to the bank.

slipknottin
12-19-2011, 12:04 AM
I just ignore everything the players say anyway, because it doesn't mean anything in terms of wins or losses.

I think this defense would be significantly worse without Rolle.

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 12:07 AM

Sorry, I just don't see it. He is not a playmaker or game changer in any sense of the word. He does not get INTs, he cannot cover, he misses a lot of tackles.

And while Canty never should have been paid what he was paid, but he is at least decent in my book. Rolle is a waste of money right now.
</P>

</P>

When I criticize Reese.....this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. </P>

I love getting lectures from people indicating I don't understand how the cap works. </P>

I understand enough to know that when a GM overpays for a loudmouthed underachiever, it affects the chemistry of the team, the talent of the team, and the ability to make other free agent moves.</P>

Rolle, Canty, Bernard, Baas.....the beat goes on.</P>

</P>

Tommy_Ribs
12-19-2011, 12:11 AM

</p>
When I criticize Reese.....this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

I love getting lectures from people indicating I don't understand how the cap works. </p>

I understand enough to know that when a GM overpays for a loudmouthed underachiever, it affects the chemistry of the team, the talent of the team, and the ability to make other free agent moves.</p>

Rolle, Canty, Bernard, Baas.....the beat goes on.</p>

</p>

Reese can legitimately be taken to task on this one. This was a real
bad signing. Not only is Rolle not worth the Money, he is not even
that good of a player as far as I am concerned.</p>

Let's see what happens with Baas. Baas is a good player. Canty has played a lot better this year. But Rolle really is hurting us. He is not good.

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Never liked this signing.I thought he was one of the most overrated players in the NFL and he hasnt changed my mind

nYg24
12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
there is zero chance he gets cut, give it up people. He's been playing out of position all season.

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 12:23 AM
there is zero chance he gets cut, give it up people. He's been playing out of position all season.No more guaranteed money left.
He makes zero plays on the ball,He is terrible in man coverage,misses tackles. He does nothing extraordinary that warrants his contract. Cut all these high priced guys and bring in fresh blood.

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 12:23 AM
there is zero chance he gets cut, give it up people. He's been playing out of position all season.No more guaranteed money left.
He makes zero plays on the ball,He is terrible in man coverage,misses tackles. He does nothing extraordinary that warrants his contract. Cut all these high priced guys and bring in fresh blood.

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 12:31 AM

Even when he is not playing "Out of Position" he looks lost.* Guys run right buy him, he can't make tackles in the open field, he has ONE INT this year.

He HAS to go.* He is not worth it in any way shape or form.

I really don't think talking trash right before you play an opponent does not meet the definition of talking a great game. When you make a statement that fires the opponent up you're hurting your team not talking a great game. IMHO

Gianthunter
12-19-2011, 12:51 AM
I suppose in some circles diving shoelace attempts are "physical play".

g_menfan80
12-19-2011, 12:57 AM
And don't forget Boley, never been a huge fan and now we have legal issues with him, argggg. Draft decisions haven't been horrible but FA moves have killed this team over the last 3 years

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-19-2011, 01:03 AM

Even when he is not playing "Out of Position" he looks lost. Guys run right buy him, he can't make tackles in the open field, he has ONE INT this year.

He HAS to go. He is not worth it in any way shape or form.
</P>

I just want him to play a year where he can sit back and ball hawk. Not some modified cornerback in Perrrry's top notch defensive gameplan.</P>

netplus
12-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Rolle the most physical player? Are you a Sam Hurd customer? Did you see the fullback run right over him at the goal line? And the open field whiffs? And Rolle is stupid enough to criticize Tuck for not practicing. HE is a team cancer.

EJ Blue
12-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Yeah Rolle is physical. He hits guys real hard after they pick up chunks of 20 yards.

shotcalla39
12-19-2011, 02:43 AM
He's not invisible, he's the guy that's always getting burned and ran over ... I see him Alot lol.. hey antrelle don't start crying next time your booed wen your *** is gettin run over by the redskins who you swore wouldn't beat you.. looks like they kicked your *** today

I agree Reese moves have sucked I think Dansby would've been a better acquisition that year ... It was either Dansby or Antrelle 'Rolled' over

bigbluefan1986
12-19-2011, 09:54 AM

</P>

rolle may be better suited to play the line of scrimmage than coverage, but these last few weeks he has missed a ton of tackles and looked absolutely lost on coverage. he is playing so far below his words its disgusting.</P>

ryan12
12-19-2011, 10:04 AM

he sucks....... he got ran over in the endzone.... he needs to shut his mouth and play football

netplus
12-19-2011, 10:07 AM
-

netplus
12-19-2011, 10:08 AM

netplus
12-19-2011, 10:11 AM
slipknottin:

He's not more physical than Kenny Phillips