PDA

View Full Version : The Beckum Dilemma

Rat_bastich
10-27-2012, 04:14 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/18813/no-decision-on-beckum

Well it is time for the Giants to decide if they activate Beckum off the PUP list. They have three weeks to make a decision. The questions are: 1) Is he healthy enough to be activated? 2) Who do you get rid of to make him a spot and 3) Do you break up the current chemistry by trying to bring him back?

Right now the team is contemplating the use of Diehl as a reserve tight end in the jumbo packages but you also have Pascoe. Does Beckum even warrant a spot or should he be moved to the season ending IR or be cut outright?

GMan-67
10-27-2012, 04:20 AM
unless someone gets hurt, specifically a TE, then i think we simply IR him ... a lot of PUPers end up getting IRed ... PUP just gives you a little time to decide

also, remember Will Hill is 2 games into a 4 game suspension, so we need a spot for him

Beckum signed a 4 year deal in 2009, so that would expire 6/2013, but since he has not produced, i cant see him having much value around the league, so we might still see him in camp next season competing for a spot

RagTime Blue
10-27-2012, 04:38 AM
He was drafted the same year as Sintim, a few rounds later. The writing is on the wall.

GMan-67
10-27-2012, 04:45 AM
He was drafted the same year as Sintim, a few rounds later. The writing is on the wall.

wow your still obsessed with Clint Sintum???, really??? time to move on dude

and that draft class is turning out to be very solid ... i know that is killing you and the BUST gang, but always remember the 3 year rule on judging draft classes

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Either IR or released

Gimaniac
10-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Beckum has about as much chance seeing the field in a Giant uniform as I do.

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Beckum has about as much chance seeing the field in a Giant uniform as I do.

Maybe less lol

penguinfarmer
10-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Can he tackle on STs?

Maybe the intermediate IR?

stormblue
10-27-2012, 08:24 AM
isn't Bennet only under contract for this year ?
if that is the case ; somebody is gonna want to pay him.
we can't give everybody on the offense 5 mil per year.

so Beckum will get IR'd for now but ultimately it will
depend on what they do with Bennet.

please feel free to confirm/deny that ....just thought Bennet was only a 1 yr deal.

and yes CS ; i'm a margin' jumpin' stanza stomper too !!

jomo
10-27-2012, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't call deciding what date to cut him or put him on IR a dilemma.

GameTime
10-27-2012, 09:20 AM
cut him....let him try somewhere else. Not working here ......
good luck to him.

ozzie0075
10-27-2012, 09:40 AM
unless someone gets hurt, specifically a TE, then i think we simply IR him ... a lot of PUPers end up getting IRed ... PUP just gives you a little time to decide

also, remember Will Hill is 2 games into a 4 game suspension, so we need a spot for him

Beckum signed a 4 year deal in 2009, so that would expire 6/2013, but since he has not produced, i cant see him having much value around the league, so we might still see him in camp next season competing for a spot

Even if the Giants put Beckum on IR the Giants will have IR or Cut someone else to make room for Hill.

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 09:55 AM
If Diehl pans out at TE, Beckum will either go on IR or be released. We already have three tight ends on the roster.

jomo
10-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Even if the Giants put Beckum on IR the Giants will have IR or Cut someone else to make room for Hill.Bam! See ya!!

Captain Chaos
10-27-2012, 11:18 AM
I really don't think there is any dilemma, we have plenty of good receivers and can always use a blocker, which he tries but does not excel. He goes to the IR and allows you to kick that decision down the road, give you some time to really evaluate what his worth is and if he fits in the Giants' scheme,

JesseJames
10-27-2012, 11:33 AM
whats the big deal with activating Beckum, what has he done that makes it necessary to release someone to make a spot for him, what makes him so important since he's done basically very little since he's been here. Actually we probably shouldn't have even drafted him since he just doesn't fit our offense...

stormblue
10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
because there's a time limit on how long you can stay on the limbo list.
you have be on the roster , on the practice squad , or on IR .
otherwise you become a free agent.

i don't know the exact specifics , but i'm sure someone from our
genius bar can explain it better.

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Can he tackle on STs?

Maybe the intermediate IR?

The problem is he can't block

jomo
10-27-2012, 12:13 PM
The problem is he can't blockThat's a problem? lol

primetime
10-27-2012, 12:14 PM
The only dilemma is when to release him.

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 12:19 PM
That's a problem? lol

LOL Only to TC

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 12:20 PM
The only dilemma is when to release him.

They could put him on IR and then release him under an injury settlement to bring Hill back

Carlos C
10-27-2012, 12:30 PM
IR - such a talented player but always hurt. So disappointing.

jomo
10-27-2012, 03:41 PM
They could put him on IR and then release him under an injury settlement to bring Hill backThat sounds like a plan to me. He's got no place here. Hill on the other hand may be able to help us for years.

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
That sounds like a plan to me. He's got no place here. Hill on the other hand may be able to help us for years.

I like a secondary that includes Hill, Brown,and Hosley

TextureDj
10-27-2012, 03:50 PM
I like a secondary that includes Hill, Brown,and HosleyHill is extraordinary, and a player tailor built for Perry. A natural Safety who can cover the slot as well as any corner is golden on this team. Cant say enough about this kid.

jomo
10-27-2012, 04:05 PM
I like a secondary that includes Hill, Brown,and HosleyThat is a secondary built with modern day offenses in mind. I like it!

juice33s
10-27-2012, 04:14 PM
If Diehl pans out at TE, Beckum will either go on IR or be released. We already have three tight ends on the roster.
Lol, what are you talking about?

Fharcyde
10-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I assume they'll wait out the three weeks and see what happens to the rest of the team injury-wise. I don't think he really has a place on this team right now and he might end up on the Injured Reserve list.

Toadofsteel
10-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Lol, what are you talking about?

We're using DD more and more as a jumbo tight end... I almost wouldnt be surprised if he suited up wearing a TE number on Sunday.

TextureDj
10-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Lol, what are you talking about?Diehl is now meeting with the TE as opposed to the Oline. He is being mostly used as a jumbo TE . Were not grooming him to be Marty B's understudy or anything but he is used in the Jumbo package as a TE these days.

I think its cool, how many teams have a dedicated Jumbo TE? I realize he is just the swing tackle, but being a vet in those positions he can really focus on learnig TE. Unlike Beatty, in Daves words "If Eli throws it to me, I'm catching it"

Toadofsteel
10-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Diehl is now meeting with the TE as opposed to the Oline. He is being mostly used as a jumbo TE . Were not grooming him to be Marty B's understudy or anything but he is used in the Jumbo package as a TE these days.

I think its cool, how many teams have a dedicated Jumbo TE? I realize he is just the swing tackle, but being a vet in those positions he can really focus on learnig TE. Unlike Beatty, in Daves words "If Eli throws it to me, I'm catching it"

I still get the idea that DD is basically going to be the doubler for Demarcus Ware. Whichever tackle Ware tries to rush on, DD will assist with...

I do really like the idea of this plan for DD though, since the fewer snaps means he can devote more energy to the snaps he's in for...

jomo
10-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Lol, what are you talking about?We like many teams use an OL in place of a TE in the "heavy" 3 TE set. It is a way to stretch the roster. There has been talk recently about deploying Diehl in that way. I think that's what our boy is talking about.

giantsfan420
10-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I still get the idea that DD is basically going to be the doubler for Demarcus Ware. Whichever tackle Ware tries to rush on, DD will assist with...

I do really like the idea of this plan for DD though, since the fewer snaps means he can devote more energy to the snaps he's in for...
ya think we could see DD in motion if Ware lines up on the opposite side? that would be sweet if DD just mirrored Ware on each side and was like a pure additional body guard for Eli lol

GMENAGAIN
10-27-2012, 05:19 PM
How is it a dilemma to decide whether or not to activate or IR a guy who has never been a real contributor and hasn't been missed in the least?

GreenZone
10-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Kevin Gilbride is just messing with us. It's an elaborate experiment to prove that Eli can make anyone into a great receiver. You think he's there to block, well, so do the Cowboys. ;)

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 08:41 PM
IR - such a talented player but always hurt. So disappointing.

We're talking about Beckum now lol

blueNorange
10-27-2012, 08:44 PM
release him

will hill isn't going anywhere and robinson is a project for the giants' tight ends coach.

beckum hasn't done anything, who cares

RoanokeFan
10-27-2012, 08:44 PM

That's what I get from having him practice at TE. They think Beatty can handle Ware alone while Locklear needs some help

appodictic
10-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Totally Pasco has better stats, I mean Pascoe sometimes gets 4 or 5 holding calls a game, what has beckum done? Nothing.

Rat_bastich
10-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Well, Beckum used to play Defensive End and Linebacker as well...maybe throw him on the other side of the line. /red

jomo
10-28-2012, 01:12 AM
We're talking about Beckum now lolThanks for that Mr. Obvious! lol

B-Red22
10-28-2012, 09:14 AM
its not really a Dilemma to me, he just needs to be cut we are set at TE

Joe Morrison
10-28-2012, 11:02 AM
its not really a Dilemma to me, he just needs to be cut we are set at TE

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Lol, what are you talking about? Diehl has been practicing at RTE