PDA

View Full Version : What player has been the biggest disappointment for the Giants this year?

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Is it Prince from all the post draft hype after JR selected him in the 1st round.

Canty for making all that cash with little to show even though you got to admit he's showed up every game.

No cover Ross who's been burnt so many times he kinda looks like scorched earth out there.

Rolles for not backing up his mouth.

Eli for not winning enough when it count the most

Jacobs for not running north & south or being able to break at least 1 one on one tackle this entire season when if he'd had he'd taken a couple to the house.

Who else needs on the list of dissapointments>

yatitle
12-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Is it Prince from all the post draft hype after JR selected him in the 1st round.

Canty for making all that cash with little to show even though you got to admit he's showed up every game.

No cover Ross who's been burnt so many times he kinda looks like scorched earth out there.

Jacobs for not running north & south or being able to break at least 1 one on one tackle this entire season when if he'd had he'd taken a couple to the house.

Tuck for being invisable. Osi for stealing his paycheck. Diehl for working on his media career.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:17 PM

Tuck for being invisable. Osi for stealing his paycheck. Diehl for working on his media career.

Adding Boley for not being that impact LB that we needed so desperately.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM
T2. Was hoping he would have a huge year.

JMFP2
Is it Prince from all the post draft hype after JR selected him in the 1st round. Canty for making all that cash with little to show even though you got to admit he's showed up every game. No cover Ross who's been burnt so many times he kinda looks like scorched earth out there. Rolles for not backing up his mouth. Eli for not winning enough when it count the most Jacobs for not running north &amp; south or being able to break at least 1 one on one tackle this entire season when if he'd had he'd taken a couple to the house. Who else needs on the list of dissapointments&gt;</P>

Eli doesn't belong in this discussion.</P>

Really, pick any of Reese's free agent moves.....Baas, Rolle, Bernard, Canty. Of those 4, Canty seems to give the most effort, and I think he's a classy guy.</P>

The draft has been a huge disappointment, largely due to injuries. But Jernigan was a wasted 3rd rounder.</P>

radar-ray

Tuck for being invisable. Osi for stealing his paycheck. Diehl for working on his media career.Tuck and Osi are hurt. Osi has 8 sacks in his limited time playing. I go with Rolle/Baas & Ross. Didn't expect much from Diehl.

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Is it Prince from all the post draft hype after JR selected him in the 1st round. Canty for making all that cash with little to show even though you got to admit he's showed up every game. No cover Ross who's been burnt so many times he kinda looks like scorched earth out there. Rolles for not backing up his mouth. Eli for not winning enough when it count the most Jacobs for not running north &amp; south or being able to break at least 1 one on one tackle this entire season when if he'd had he'd taken a couple to the house. Who else needs on the list of dissapointments&gt; Tuck for being invisable. Osi for stealing his paycheck. Diehl for working on his media career.</P>

Tuck and Osi.....these two were supposed to be the keystones of the defense.</P>

Instead, they are the main reason Fewell is going to get fired.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-18-2011, 11:22 PM
No one, only Eli and JPP play on this team..

But in all seriousness, tuck

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:23 PM

Tuck for being invisable. Osi for stealing his paycheck. Diehl for working on his media career.Tuck and Osi are hurt. Osi has 8 sacks in his limited time playing. I go with Rolle/Ross. Didn't expect much from Diehl.

I'm leaning mostly toward Ross myself. Rolles mouth keeps me from committing soley to Ross as the biggest dissapointment though. I'm sure there's a couple more that are as big a dissapoint as Ross though.

radar-ray
12-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Is it Prince from all the post draft hype after JR selected him in the 1st round. Canty for making all that cash with little to show even though you got to admit he's showed up every game. No cover Ross who's been burnt so many times he kinda looks like scorched earth out there. Rolles for not backing up his mouth. Eli for not winning enough when it count the most Jacobs for not running north & south or being able to break at least 1 one on one tackle this entire season when if he'd had he'd taken a couple to the house. Who else needs on the list of dissapointments> Tuck for being invisable. Osi for stealing his paycheck. Diehl for working on his media career.</P>

Tuck and Osi.....these two were supposed to be the keystones of the defense.</P>

Instead, they are the main reason Fewell is going to get fired.</P>Fewell is the main reason he's going to get fired!

smashndash715
12-18-2011, 11:25 PM
tuck without a doubt..when a captain makes no impact its not a good sign

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Is it Prince from all the post draft hype after JR selected him in the 1st round. Canty for making all that cash with little to show even though you got to admit he's showed up every game. No cover Ross who's been burnt so many times he kinda looks like scorched earth out there. Rolles for not backing up his mouth. Eli for not winning enough when it count the most Jacobs for not running north & south or being able to break at least 1 one on one tackle this entire season when if he'd had he'd taken a couple to the house. Who else needs on the list of dissapointments> Tuck for being invisable. Osi for stealing his paycheck. Diehl for working on his media career.</P>

Instead, they are the main reason Fewell is going to get fired.</P>Fewell is the main reason he's going to get fired!

Fewell calls the defensive plays but the players have to execute the play called.

It's like what comes 1st the chicken or the egg? Go figure.

radar-ray
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM
tuck without a doubt..when a captain makes no impact its not a good signThe guy has multiple injuries, so he gets a pass on his physical play or lack thereof. I am however greatly disappointed in his hang dog attitude, which shows NO leadership quality.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:32 PM
tuck without a doubt..when a captain makes no impact its not a good signThe guy has multiple injuries, so he gets a pass on his physical play or lack thereof. I am however greatly disappointed in his hang dog attitude, which shows NO leadership quality.

Who's hang dog? Ross?

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Ross was a dead man walking until T2 was hurt - hard to say his play was a disappointment, it was almost expected.

I have to say Tuck - the injuries are part of the disappointment, but so is his sad-sack relationship with the media.

Manningham when healthy was a disappointment.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Ross was a dead man walking until T2 was hurt - hard to say his play was a disappointment, it was almost expected.

I have to say Tuck - the injuries are part of the disappointment, but so is his sad-sack relationship with the media.

Manningham when healthy was a disappointment.

Yeah forgot about Manningham. He's disappeared a lot this season during games.

Nicks & all those drops too were big disappointments.

Ross he's been a dissappointment since the SB run because he showed flashes that rookie season & has never got back.

ELI_Iz_God
12-18-2011, 11:37 PM

Tuck for being a piss poor captain who whines about his fear of being injured and self doubt. Maybe we should: A. Trade him while he's worth something to someone who hasn't been following his drama. B. Let him take this off season to think long and hard if he even belongs in the NFL.

Either Way that "C" needs to come off him and put on to JPP..he let's his play do the talking.

JMGGIANTS
12-18-2011, 11:38 PM

Who's hang dog? Ross?
Ross had a great year. He actually managed to stay off of the DL, LOL.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 11:38 PM

Tuck for being a piss poor captain who whines about his fear of being injured and self doubt. Maybe we should: A. Trade him while he's worth something to someone who hasn't been following his drama. B. Let him take this off season to think long and hard if he even belongs in the NFL.

Either Way that "C" needs to come off him and put on to JPP..he let's his play do the talking.

Can't argue with you on that assessment. If the D had 11 JJP's we'd had the playoffs locked in by now.

radar-ray
12-18-2011, 11:39 PM

Fewell calls the defensive plays but the players have to execute the play called.

It's like what comes 1st the chicken or the egg? Go figure. No doubt execution is part of it, but when you see even the vets all confused and shaking their heads like the AFLAC duck, even before the ball is snapped, that's got to be on the DC's scheme and calls. Rushing 3 on 3rd and 17 is softer then Carvel. Read and react has never worked for the Giants starting from Rod Rust to TL and now Perry Fewell.

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 11:40 PM

Jacobs for not running north &amp; south or being able to break at least 1 one on one tackle this entire season when if he'd had he'd taken a couple to the house.

Who else needs on the list of dissapointments&gt;

Tuck for sure.

I know you're injured man, but sorry...you're always injured. And you always look drained before every snap. I hate that. It's like you're defeated even before the snap.

Harry Carson was a true Captain. He led by example on and off the field, always.

radar-ray
12-18-2011, 11:41 PM

Who's hang dog? Ross? No, Tuck

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2011, 11:52 PM
When you think of disappointment, you can't think of who just isn't talented enough.

For instance, Ross was only supposed to be a #3 this year. I didn't expect much out of him and he honestly hasn't given us much.

Our LBs may suck, but Kiwi is out of position, Boley didn't play bad for himself, and the rest were rookies. Again, we had low expectations, and they played poorly, as expected. Losing Goff was aweful!

The single biggest disappointment is the defensive line. They just aren't as strong as previous years, doing little to stop the run, and not rushing the passer nearly as much.

The next biggest disappointment is our offensive line, not opening holes for the run and making Eli run for his life all of the time.

Then you have to look at our safeties, mainly Phillips. I'm not saying he is awful himself, but he NEVER came close to being a play maker or meeting the expectations we all had for him.

Rolle sucked last year (Pro Bowl selection meant nothing to me) and just got worse, I'm not that surprised.

slipknottin
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
i

Then you have to look at our safeties, mainly Phillips. I'm not saying he is awful himself, but he NEVER came close to being a play maker or meeting the expectations we all had for him.

Yea, guess having just as good a year as Ed Reed makes Phillips not a playmaker.

VBGiantsFan
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM
i

Yea, guess having just as good a year as Ed Reed makes Phillips not a playmaker.

Teams are not exactly playing scared of him. He isn't exactly making players pay for going over the middle. If Ed Reed isn't having a great season, then so be it, but Phillips really hasn't done anything to make anyone turn their head and say look at how amazing that guy is. I know I haven't. i know other Giants fans who haven't.

For a guy who was supposed to come in and be a mix of Ed Reed and Troy Polamolu, he really hasn't reached that kind of elite.

But hey, if you think he has, then I guess he's not on your list.

slipknottin
12-19-2011, 12:07 AM
3 interceptions and 9 pass break ups is damn good for a safety who is playing deep middle near every play

But that you expected him to be as good as Ed reed shows how ridiculous the standards some people place on players.

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 09:46 PM
OMG, can't agree enough about Jernigan being a wasted 3rd round choice. In case anyone notices, we probably have the shortest starting 3 WR's in football - 6'0", 6'0", and 6'1" IF you believe those heights listed in our roster. The advantage of having tall receivers isn't just in the 4" or so height difference, it's in the increased wingspan of 5" or so. Add it up and it can be as much of 12" or so in vertical leaping ability. Jernigan sealed the deal with me with his incredibly bad hands in the preseason. How he made the roster is beyond me. Our roster shows 3 guys who played at Troy while only 7 from the SEC schools. Go figure.

jomo
12-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Is it Prince from all the post draft hype after JR selected him in the 1st round. Canty for making all that cash with little to show even though you got to admit he's showed up every game. No cover Ross who's been burnt so many times he kinda looks like scorched earth out there. Rolles for not backing up his mouth. Eli for not winning enough when it count the most Jacobs for not running north &amp; south or being able to break at least 1 one on one tackle this entire season when if he'd had he'd taken a couple to the house. Who else needs on the list of dissapointments&gt; Tuck for being invisable. Osi for stealing his paycheck. Diehl for working on his media career.

Tuck for sure.

I know you're injured man, but sorry...you're always injured. And you always look drained before every snap. I hate that. It's like you're defeated even before the snap.

Harry Carson was a true Captain. He led by example on and off the field, always.
+1 Rosey

JJC7301
12-20-2011, 10:26 PM
That' a really tough question. I can't say Prince because he didn't even have a pre-season and missed half the season.

I could say Bradshaw and / or Jacobs because the running game has been nil, but then again the O-line is a disappointment.

I could say Tuck and / or Osi, but both have been dealing with injuries the entire year.

I could say Rolle, but he hasn't been playing his normal roll (no pun intended) due to the Goff and TT injuries.

I can't blame the young LBs because they're, well, young and raw.

Only because he hasn't been injured, is an unproductive veteran, and whose salary is the reason we don't have Cofield I'll have to go with Canty.

JJC7301
12-20-2011, 10:26 PM
That' a really tough question. I can't say Prince because he didn't even have a pre-season and missed half the season.

I could say Bradshaw and / or Jacobs because the running game has been nil, but then again the O-line is a disappointment.

I could say Tuck and / or Osi, but both have been dealing with injuries the entire year.

I could say Rolle, but he hasn't been playing his normal roll (no pun intended) due to the Goff and TT injuries.

I can't blame the young LBs because they're, well, young and raw.

Only because he hasn't been injured, is an unproductive veteran, and whose salary is the reason we don't have Cofield I'll have to go with Canty.

myles2424
12-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Rolle & canty by far.....a few years in & some of our highest paid D players give little to no impact.....canty is no better than Joseph & rolle is worse than Phillips.....makes zero sense...

AJKilo
12-20-2011, 11:10 PM
The lack of leadership on defense from senior players. I understand Tuck is injured but what's stopping him from kicking some of the guys in the *** when they start to get all dreary eyed the way they seemed this past weekend.

Giant stuck in Texas
12-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Bass is by far the biggest disappointment and waste of money this year. Ross is a close second.

shotcalla39
12-20-2011, 11:43 PM
I would say FEWELL.. despite the terrible play of the d there are coaches who have so much less who have their defenses playing so much better...

Giant stuck in Texas
12-20-2011, 11:56 PM
I would say FEWELL.. despite the terrible play of the d there are coaches who have so much less who have their defenses playing so much better...Well if we can loop in anyone from the organization then I change my vote to Reese for letting Cofield walk.

daynemustgo
12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Biggest disappointment? Where to even begin...

Tuck
Ross
Osi
Baas
Manningham
Beckum
Grant
Canty
Boley
Kiwi
Rolle
McKenzie
Beaty
BJ
Bradshaw
Hynoski

Vtgmenfan89
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Perry Fewell's schemes making everybody look like confused rookies out there

poppa smurph
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
On a strictly individual level, I'd say Manningham, Baasand Mckenzie.</P>

Defensivley, well, they've sucked as a whole. Can't say anyone has disappointed more then any other. With the exception of JPP, this D has played at a mediocre level all year long.</P>

ryan12
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
our running game

yoeddy
12-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Perry Fewell's schemes making everybody look like confused rookies out there

Fewell's scheme had our defense ranked 7th in the league last year. This year, we have confused rookies playing LB and DB (Prince)...

yoeddy
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm going to go with Tuck...both for his play and his lack of leadership. I still can't get the image out of my mind when he gave up on the play with Vince Young getting out of his grasp. He's definitely got that hang-dog look during and after games...

gfl21213
12-21-2011, 11:04 AM
how about adding david bass to list?

SweetZombieJesus
12-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I give Prince some slack because he broke his foot in the first practice of a shortened offseason and then gets thrust into the fire mid-season (during a team collapse). He may indeed still suck but it's too soon to make a call. And aside from Webby, who in the secondary doesn't suck?

Ross was looking good early in the season, so he's only disappointed in that he can't keep it up. We expected him to suck in the first place.

I'd go with Rolle, lots of talk and ego but he's like a mouse on the field.

I'm disappointed in Tuck's MENTAL collapse. If he's going to be a leader he's got to read ART OF WAR.

Osi for his temper tantrum and some may blast me for it but I think this last injury is being milked. Maybe him, maybe the team isn't going to play him from here on out.

Goff for getting injured just as his star was rising.

The o-line... Baas specifically... But the whole o-line.

Dirt66
12-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not going with a player, I'm going with our GM, Jerry Reese. He other than JPP and Hakeem, he has failed miserably over the past few seasons. Reese is the biggest disappointment of all.