PDA

View Full Version : For all my fellow Giants fans in Hurricane Sandy's Path!

Razur
10-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Wishing you and your families all well and safe passage through this one ! Stay safe !

Razur!

FBomb
10-27-2012, 08:28 PM
That would be most of us.....so yeah...be safe.

Cindy in INdy
10-27-2012, 08:39 PM
everybody be safe you're in my prayers

Medisleman
10-27-2012, 08:40 PM
The storm is overblown. I expect just a lot of rain.

FBomb
10-27-2012, 08:41 PM

This...but rain and wind are tough on us truckers!!

gmen0820
10-27-2012, 08:51 PM
As long as my power and satellite tv hold up for Sunday I will be fine.

tcseacliff
10-27-2012, 09:10 PM
safe weekend for everybody on east coast, brutal storm.

bet the cowgirls wish the met life was their home stadium now! they could call it off! glad it is away, pray the cable and satellites hold up !

Rudyy
10-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Stay safe everyone. I'm in VA so the wind is smacking everyone around here.

Rat_bastich
10-27-2012, 09:30 PM

VA here too, but it looks like it's bouncing around us here on the peninsula and heading up to the north to make landfall. Right now we're just getting hit with a tad of rain.

giantsfan420
10-27-2012, 09:35 PM
my one concern as well hah. we're ok tho, we wont get hit (nj/ny area) until Monday afternoon iirc

idiotekniQues
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
it's the fifteenth storm of the century we've had here in the last 20 years. i'm amazed NJ hasn't fallen into the ocean yet.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Hopefully in wont be to bad...however everybody stay safe.

nycisgreat
10-27-2012, 10:47 PM

Agreed!

Cool Papa B.
10-27-2012, 11:03 PM

How bad is it in VA? Do you still have power?

Rat_bastich
10-27-2012, 11:17 PM
How bad is it in VA? Do you still have power?

My area, the Hampton Roads area, is notorious for losing power in mild rain but we are still running 100% power here.

Toadofsteel
10-27-2012, 11:27 PM
I was watching a storm track projection... the center of the storm basically stopped and hovered over Giants Stadium for about 12 hours. So which team is most likely to have tried to curse us?

nygfan90
10-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks buddy!..i don't think this storm is ready for me! =)

mattpl908
10-27-2012, 11:52 PM

same here

jomo
10-28-2012, 12:05 AM
This...but rain and wind are tough on us truckers!!Yeah, we'll also be without power perhaps for a long time but the hype about death and destruction is overblown. Weather media is just like sports media. They say what they need to in order to keep you watching their TV spot. Just be smart, stay inside, move to higher ground if you are near a river or tidal water and savor the BIG BLUE VICTORY!!!

Marvelousmik
10-28-2012, 05:35 AM

THIS

Captain Chaos
10-28-2012, 05:40 AM
I live on the North Carolina outer bank, its Sunday morning and its raining and extremely windy, my whole house shakes with the strong gusts. Be safe up there if this storm hits it's going to be a doozie! Be safe up there..

nygfan90
10-28-2012, 06:42 AM
When is it expected to hit up north? Sometime tonight right?

Rat_bastich
10-28-2012, 06:47 AM
When is it expected to hit up north? Sometime tonight right?

One of the maps I looked at is talking about Tuesday 2am for New Jersey. I think it's hanging out off the coast of Captain Chaos' area near the OBX(outer banks) at the moment.

nygfan90
10-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Believe so. I think it's hanging out off the coast just south of Captain Chaos' area near the OBX(outer banks) at the moment.Thanks. How is it down there?

Rat_bastich
10-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks. How is it down there?

I just changed my original post with updated info, but right now it is rainy and windy. I'm sitting in a hospital building where I work and you can feel it shake a bit but that is it.

Here is a projection map of the path from our local news(and a bunch of crappy stories)

http://www.wvec.com/weather/hurricane/

nygfan90
10-28-2012, 06:53 AM
gotcha, thanks bud. Be safe down there and lets go giants!!

DownWitJPP
10-28-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm hoping they are making a bigger deal than the storm actually is..but anyway I managed to get a generator this year so I am somewhat prepared. Last year we lost power here for a few days. Stay safe everyone

GMan-67
10-28-2012, 08:27 AM
it's so hard to believe the weather people ... they are like used car salesman trying to sell ratings .... having said that we did get drenched by that storm last year ... what a mess ... power outages everywhere ... fortunatly we got lucky

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Wishing you and your families all well and safe passage through this one ! Stay safe ! Razur! +1

miked1958
10-28-2012, 09:16 AM
They are always overly dramatic. I mean how else can you do it when you have to talk about a storm every second for 72+ prior to it even getting anywhere near land? I mean you can get on their in 1 minute and find out all you Need to know and not have to check it again for 6/8 hours or so cause these things move so slow. Changes are minimal from update to update. Yet they get people to sit in front of their TV sets for hours and days at a time watching it and stringing them along. So they must be doing something right

krygny
10-28-2012, 10:34 AM
As long as I have power through the Giants game.

For those of you who think this is nothing more than a "big whoop", you probably have never gone a week without power. Even with a generator, life really starts to suck after a day or two. I'm all prepped but I'm not looking forward to it. Y'all be safe.

Ruttiger711
10-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Already very windy here in NJ - my Giants flag on the front porch has blowing horizontal for a bit, but its calmed down some.

I have DirecTV so if it turns to real heavy rain I will lose signal :( - should be good for the game though.

PETEY006
10-28-2012, 11:45 AM
They were the same way about Irene last year and all we saw was harmless rain (at least in NYC)

We'll be fine

miked1958
10-28-2012, 11:47 AM
They were the same way about Irene last year and all we saw was harmless rain (at least in NYC)We'll be finei think so to but it's still better to be safe then sorry and be prepared

miked1958
10-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Not living there now. Moved 15 years ago to Alabama's Gulf Coast near Florida Line.. It's ironic that you guys have had two scares this year and we on the Gulf of Mexico only had one. Crazy

GMan-67
10-28-2012, 12:15 PM
They are always overly dramatic. I mean how else can you do it when you have to talk about a storm every second for 72+ prior to it even getting anywhere near land? I mean you can get on their in 1 minute and find out all you Need to know and not have to check it again for 6/8 hours or so cause these things move so slow. Changes are minimal from update to update. Yet they get people to sit in front of their TV sets for hours and days at a time watching it and stringing them along. So they must be doing something right

i have a business idea ... a new kinda weather channel ... we get hot chicks and hot cars and run a ticker with weather updates

then we break for 10 minutes every hour with a no drama live weather update ... oh and humorous ... tastefully though, these major storms are no joke

oh and the women could be named after the storms

live audience ... "everyone put your hands together for hot Sandy !"

the outfits could be weather themed

haha, well maybe i just need to get out more :)

eLi MusT gO dEEp
10-28-2012, 12:22 PM
We got the pregame show down here in South Florida the last few days before today. [really we just had a few of the feeder bands but still strong winds and some sideways rain at times]

Friday night was simply amazing outside with the wind and no rain it felt really nice I sat in my car for about 30 minutes listening to the radio and drinking a beer. But I hope that's all it is is just a bit of strong wind, little rain but nothing too nasty. Be safe guys because you never know what that wind could be picking up and blowing right at you in these things! It's always the best idea to just stay inside and bunker down even if it's 'just' a T-Storm.

gumby74
10-28-2012, 12:25 PM
They were the same way about Irene last year and all we saw was harmless rain (at least in NYC)

We'll be fine The city never gets hit as hard. Even when we had major snow storms etc, . In the burbs it's a lot scarier. There's no light to do anything. Last time there was a blackout in the city, we didn't do anything but to the bar downstairs and drink.

Cool Papa B.
10-28-2012, 12:28 PM
i have a business idea ... a new kinda weather channel ... we get hot chicks and hot cars and run a ticker with weather updates

then we break for 10 minutes every hour with a no drama live weather update ... oh and humorous ... tastefully though, these major storms are no joke

oh and the women could be named after the storms

live audience ... "everyone put your hands together for hot Sandy !"

the outfits could be weather themed

haha, well maybe i just need to get out more :)

You better find a way to protect your idea. If you see a show like this on the Spike network or something then someone else would get rich off your work.

hungrrrry
10-28-2012, 01:10 PM
The generator is waiting for use...Irene helped stretch its legs last year for two days we were out of power..no biggie for many of the people within a hunderd miles of us...the damage is still widely visible. I can't imagine it will be worse but we are ready if it is!