PDA

View Full Version : I have never, in 30 years as a season ticket holder...

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:14 AM
left a game early, until today. It was either that, or join the boo birds which I refuse to do.

I have witnessed worse seasons first hand and losing is not as bothersome to me as how we choose to do it. Today was just a mind blowing compilation of failures in every facet of the game, attributable to everyone in the organization.

Were it not for Jason Pierre-Paul, the score would have been much more lopsided. Other than that, and maybe Weatherford's punting it was an abysmal performance from everyone else.

Good night, Mrs. Kalabash, wherever you are!

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 12:15 AM
When a fan like you takes off early......the ownership has a problem on its hands.</P>

yatitle
12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
When a fan like you takes off early......the ownership has a problem on its hands.</P>

Ka-ching, ka-ching. Nope ownership is good.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:19 AM
I just don't know what to say, honestly. Better to suffer in silence than make a complete fool of myself.

Manning
12-19-2011, 12:20 AM
left a game early, until today.* It was either that, or join the boo birds which I refuse to do.

I have witnessed worse seasons first hand and losing is not as bothersome to me as how we choose to do it.* Today was just a mind blowing compilation of failures in every facet of the game, attributable to everyone in the organization.

Were it not for Jason Pierre-Paul, the score would have been much more lopsided.* Other than that, and maybe Weatherford's punting it was an abysmal performance from everyone else.

Would you have left early if there was a retractable roof and wasn't 20 degrees

Doctor Welby
12-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Completely agree. We were there as well and it was painful to watch. Between the cold, the traffic, the well wishes to terminally ill people along with memorials to the young family of their mother who died serving in the military (please don't take that last part the wrong way....it was just depressing) ....Giants stadium absolutely sucked today.

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 12:21 AM
left a game early, until today. It was either that, or join the boo birds which I refuse to do.

I have witnessed worse seasons first hand and losing is not as bothersome to me as how we choose to do it. Today was just a mind blowing compilation of failures in every facet of the game, attributable to everyone in the organization.

Were it not for Jason Pierre-Paul, the score would have been much more lopsided. Other than that, and maybe Weatherford's punting it was an abysmal performance from everyone else.

I left after the pick on the fade. That sealed it.

Someone needs to tell Eli and Gilbride that the entire civilization knows we like to throw that pass so we need to come up with something else.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:22 AM

My friend, I have sat in snow drifts to watch the New York Football Giants, the cold was not a problem for me. And you can keep the roof, this is how football was to be played. Had we played some, I might be a bit happier.

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Completely agree. We were there as well and it was painful to watch. Between the cold, the traffic, the well wishes to terminally ill people along with memorials to the young family of their mother who died serving in the military (please don't take that last part the wrong way....it was just depressing) ....Giants stadium absolutely sucked today.

That totally sucked. Way to show up Giants. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. That woman deserved better.

MikeIsaGiant
12-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Just don't buy them anymore, much better watching at home these days

RoanokeFan

Someone needs to tell Eli and Gilbride that the entire civilization knows we like to throw that pass so we need to come up with something else.

I stayed longer, but on that play, I told my son "the defenders are not even covering the receivers, they are just heading for the corner of the end zone."

Roosevelt

The weather was not a factor if the team came to play.

BurnerNYG
12-19-2011, 12:24 AM
left a game early, until today.* It was either that, or join the boo birds which I refuse to do.

I have witnessed worse seasons first hand and losing is not as bothersome to me as how we choose to do it.* Today was just a mind blowing compilation of failures in every facet of the game, attributable to everyone in the organization.

Were it not for Jason Pierre-Paul, the score would have been much more lopsided.* Other than that, and maybe Weatherford's punting it was an abysmal performance from everyone else.

I left after the pick on the fade.* That sealed it.

Did you see that fake option play the Panthers ran today? The Giants with Coughlin and Gilbride lack imagination and creativity on offense BIG TIME!

allentown PA
12-19-2011, 12:25 AM

My friend, I have sat in snow drifts to watch the New York Football Giants, the cold was not a problem for me.* And you can keep the roof, this is how football was to be played.* Had we played some, I might be a bit happier.

i feel ya..other than the panther game to close out the old giant stadium i cant recall such a **** effort.

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM

I stayed longer, but on that play, I told my son "the defenders are not even covering the receivers, they are just heading for the corner of the end zone."

That's exactly what happened. The defender went to the corner knowing what we would do, Mario saw it and ran a "fade-stop" and Eli threw the fade.

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 12:27 AM

Did you see that fake option play the Panthers ran today? The Giants with Coughlin and Gilbride lack imagination and creativity on offense BIG TIME!

No not yet. We're like an old school passing team, but stupid.

allentown PA
12-19-2011, 12:28 AM

That's exactly what happened.* The defender went to the corner knowing what we would do, Mario saw it and ran a "fade-stop" and Eli threw the fade.

im tired of that fade play and the fade stop...the one to beckum last week made me sick...run the damn ball inside the 5

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:28 AM

That's exactly what happened. The defender went to the corner knowing what we would do, Mario saw it and ran a "fade-stop" and Eli threw the fade.

It was pretty obvious if I could see it

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 12:39 AM

I dont get angry about the losing its the lack of concentration and motivation that this team shows.I feel for people that hade to pay money to see that today u should get a refund.In all my years of being a Giant fan I cant remember a team being as Pride less as the one ive seen the last 3 years.The amazing thing is JPP is on Twitter apologizing to the fan base.He was the 1 guy that didnt have to.I really dont know how those players can look at themselves after that perform

NJBLUEBLOOD
12-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Totally sucked today. I left early as well. I didn't want to hear to boos. Did you hear the trivia question today? I cringed when I saw it. Who's the leading rusher in Giant's history? Yep and the boos rain down on the mention of Tiki's name. Let's have a trivia question when we know the crowd is going to boo. The serious injury at halftime. The half time band not being able to play because of the injury. This day had a black cloud over the stadium.

NWKEffectElement
12-19-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry you had to waste your hard earned money to watch what happen today.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-19-2011, 01:02 AM
left a game early, until today.

You didn't leave early when the Panthers beat the Giants 41-9?

TrueBlue10
12-19-2011, 04:55 AM
When a fan like you takes off early......the ownership has a problem on its hands.</p>

I agree. And I mean that in the best possible way because it sounds like R-Fan is the good kind of Giants fan.

G-Men Surg.
12-19-2011, 05:02 AM

I feel your pain RF !

davecrazy
12-19-2011, 05:27 AM
dont forget the halftime injury that kept the band from playing

egyptian420
12-19-2011, 06:27 AM
man this team played like straight up garbage...I've never been so embarrassed.

Not even to say that the redskins are a terrible team, but we just flat out sucked. I know if we win the next two we get in the playoffs...but nothing in that game gave me ANY indication that we would win the next 2

ctgmenfan
12-19-2011, 06:59 AM
as all season long there has been a glaring lack of preparedness and intensity on this team. simple assingments blown, and the purest of simplicity of technique not used. i dont know what the prob is but as a past player myself in college i find it horrnedous to watch as well. come on guys can someone please CATCH the ball.. or maybe BLOCK someone??

giantfanatic
12-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Don't we all want Coughlin to go anyway? I think they sealed the deal. So many guys need to move on - starting with the big mouth on the back end of the secondary. We need a complete overhaul. I found myself rooting for the Ravens last night. They blew too, It's contagious. If I have any stones, I will miss the last two games in protest. I thought this was supposed to end in Minnesota a few years ago - Mr. Mara, you need to pay attention now. Get some new blood. JPP and Eli can stay - the rest are all replaceable including the tough as tissue paper receiver from UNC.

BlueJayC
12-19-2011, 10:19 AM

</P>

Literally almost did the same thing.......in the early fourth I said my good-byes to my section, my sister and my buddy and told them I was taking the train back to Hoboken.....got all the way to the ramp before turning back and watching a majority of the fourth from the concourse and then ultimately the last 2 minutes back in my seat.....the only thing that kept me in the stands was JPP.....guy didn't deserve me walking out on him.....he left it on the field.....the ONLY reason I stayed.</P>

I don't blame anyone for leaving early or boo'ing though.....</P>

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 10:23 AM

You know you've hit rock bottom as an organization when Roanoke jumps ship.

But on the brighter side, a coaching change looms on the horizon!

SIMMS5611
12-19-2011, 10:29 AM

I dont get angry about the losing its the lack of concentration and motivation that this team shows.I feel for people that hade to pay money to see that today u should get a refund.In all my years of being a Giant fan I cant remember a team being as Pride less as the one ive seen the last 3 years.The amazing thing is JPP is on Twitter apologizing to the fan base.He was the 1 guy that didnt have to.I really dont know how those players can look at themselves after that perform</P>

</P>

I also follow a lot of the Giants on Twitter. I don't expect an apology. I mean really, who am I? Just a random fan. Ok, I get it. But don't go on Twitter after a game where you were totally humiliated, to tell your followers, who I assume are either fans, or girls trying to land a pro athlete,...anyway, don't go on there post-humiliation, and talk about going out to Hoboken with your boys, or talking about your new sneakers, etc.</P>

Maybe it'd be best not to Tweet, so it can at leastappear to your fans that you actually care about this loss....</P>

nygiants757
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I was at the game with my son, first nfl game for the both of us. We were loud, crowd was loud. Piss Poor effort on offense and defense all around. Great to be there but dissapointed with the team. (Son 13 had a blast)!!!!!!

yatitle
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM

My friend, I have sat in snow drifts to watch the New York Football Giants, the cold was not a problem for me. And you can keep the roof, this is how football was to be played. Had we played some, I might be a bit happier.

i feel ya..other than the panther game to close out the old giant stadium i cant recall such a **** effort.

Actually it was eerily similar to Redskin Sunday night in 2007. Snowed that day, Shockey played his last game as a Giant, they lost to TODD COLLINS! Score 22-10.

Kase-1
12-19-2011, 10:50 AM

Actually it was eerily similar to Redskin Sunday night in 2007. Snowed that day, Shockey played his last game as a Giant, they lost to TODD COLLINS! Score 22-10.
Ugh, I was at that game.... Only good thing about it was the HUGE snowball fight going on the whole time and then everyone noticed the single cowboys fan and thousands upon thousands of snowballs rained upon this poor sap until securtiy escorted him out

GiantsYanks
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM

Same here RF. I have left games that we were blowing someone out (Raiders 2 seasons ago comes to mind) but never in a loss. That is until yesterday.. I left right after Eli threw that 3rd INT on that fade to Mario. I think there was still 10 mins left in the quarter but I had enough. Literally my entire section cleared out.

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Im going Saturday...taking my 9 year old to his first game...if I didnt promise to take him,I'd just assume stay home and boooo from my recliner...Then he tells me that if the Jets start winning ..he is gonna be a Jets fan from now on ....that kid is soooooooo grounded.

JJC7301
12-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I just don't know what to say, honestly. Better to suffer in silence than make a complete fool of myself.
</P>

I don't boo either and would have just left early like you did.</P>

blueomaha
12-19-2011, 11:55 AM
this team was just sitting there waiting for Eli to bail them out...Strahan said it best, the "D" is soft as carvels frozen yogurt....

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Roa......its crazy that you posted this

yesterday was the first time in my life that I left before the clock was all zeroes .........more than 5 minutes left to be frank

when I was a kid my dad would never ever leave before the game was over.....ever!!!!

and this was the 60s and 70s when the stadiums were half empty......

so its instilled in me to stick with your team to the bitter end....

but yesterday was just that day

I felt like my dad was looking down on me shaking his head

but the wife was freezing....her coffee was cold....the boys in Blue just did not show up.......so I did the unthinkable and said lets go hon......

she looked at me like I was insane....but was relieved

sorry dad

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:39 PM

yesterday was the first time in my life that I left before the clock was all zeroes .........more than 5 minutes left to be frank

when I was a kid my dad would never ever leave before the game was over.....ever!!!!

but the wife was freezing....her coffee was cold....the boys in Blue just did not show up.......so I did the unthinkable and said lets go hon......

sorry dad

When I stood up, my son looked at me with that "WTF" in his eyes because that's what I've told him since we've been going together (since he was nine or so, now 26) and I just said "it's time." I will not boo, no matter what, but I thought I was getting so close to wanting to I'd better leave before I did the unthinkable [:)]

NYGiantsFan56
12-19-2011, 12:40 PM
First time for me. I also left with 7 minutes left. Refused to be abused by bad playing. In all my years I have never left a game early and have seen some real dogs. Yesterday broke my back and my spirit.I have lost total faith in this team and if ownership doesn't see what I and all of America saw yesterday, then maybe they are the problem. Was going to next week's game, but I pulled out of my deal to buy tickets this AM. Not worth my time to watch players who refuse to play football. NY GIANTS YOU ARE A DISGRACE.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Im going Saturday...taking my 9 year old to his first game...if I didnt promise to take him,I'd just assume stay home and boooo from my recliner...Then he tells me that if the Jets start winning ..he is gonna be a Jets fan from now on ....that kid is soooooooo grounded.

Enjoy the time with your son. It's a great bonding experience that bridges team loyalty.

DandyDon
12-19-2011, 12:41 PM

That fade is thrown to a spot (the corner of the endzone). The defender was there. Our receiver was 10 yards away.

Someone needs to tell our receivers where they need to be.

That is all I've got, other than to say I would have left early too.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
I was at the game with my son, first nfl game for the both of us. We were loud, crowd was loud. Piss Poor effort on offense and defense all around. Great to be there but dissapointed with the team. <font color="#0000FF">(Son 13 had a blast)!!!!!!

THIS is what matters more than who played poorly, who's to blame, etc.
</font>

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:45 PM
left a game early, until today.

You didn't leave early when the Panthers beat the Giants 41-9?

This was the FIRST time in 30 years. Probably be the last, I hope.

bearbryant
12-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Were any of you guys around in the 70's when the season tix holders met in the parking lot and burned their tix in effigy? Boy, those games were bad, but different in ways. Any of you remember back then?</P>

The good thing about those days were that they led to Simms, LT and the great days of 80's, 90's and 2000's.</P>

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Were any of you guys around in the 70's when the season tix holders met in the parking lot and burned their tix in effigy? Boy, those games were bad, but different in ways. Any of you remember back then?</p>

The good thing about those days were that they led to Simms, LT and the great days of 80's, 90's and 2000's.</p>

Paper bags on their heads, bi-plane flying around the stadium trailing a banner that read 'WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!"

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 12:52 PM

Enjoy the time with your son. It's a great bonding experience that bridges team loyalty.

Thank you Sir....I just hope we dont get the crap beat out of us by crazy Jets fans...

Kase-1
12-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Were any of you guys around in the 70's when the season tix holders met in the parking lot and burned their tix in effigy? Boy, those games were bad, but different in ways. Any of you remember back then?</p>

The good thing about those days were that they led to Simms, LT and the great days of 80's, 90's and 2000's.</p>

Paper bags on their heads, bi-plane flying around the stadium trailing a banner that read 'WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!"
Thank goodness Im in my mid 20's and missed that whole decade of sub-par ball

yatitle
12-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Were any of you guys around in the 70's when the season tix holders met in the parking lot and burned their tix in effigy? Boy, those games were bad, but different in ways. Any of you remember back then?</P>

The good thing about those days were that they led to Simms, LT and the great days of 80's, 90's and 2000's.</P>

</P>

Was there that day. 1978 against St. Louis Cardinals. One of the coldest games I can remember. Plane actually said "15 years of lousy footbal, we've had enough". Well Mara said that was one of his main reasons for firing McVay.</P>

sg92
12-19-2011, 12:59 PM
duplicate post - sorry

sg92
12-19-2011, 01:00 PM

Someone might want to tell Manningham. That pick was on him.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Thank you Sir....I just hope we dont get the crap beat out of us by crazy Jets fans...

Always a concern with the jets crowd, but I'm thinking it will be a great experience. Funny things, one of the normal fans was at yesterday's game with his 9 year old grandaughter. She braved the cold up until the time we left. She was having a great time with Grand Dad. She lost a baby tooth around the 3rd quarter and her Grandfather made sure it was secured for the "tooth fairy". GREAT memory stuff there!

mfraykor
12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
I just don't know what to say, honestly.* Better to suffer in silence than make a complete fool of myself.*

These were my exact thoughts RF.... I was gonna come on and vent.. but all that happens is more frustrations.

Bottom line... we got beat fair and square by a better team... who put forth the effort and displayed heart and fire.... We as A TEAM did none of those things (minus JPP).... just what THE COWBOYS hoped for. Now we look like big GIANTS A**ES

miked1958
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't blame you

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM

Always a concern with the jets crowd, but I'm thinking it will be a great experience. Funny things, one of the normal fans was at yesterday's game with his 9 year old grandaughter. She braved the cold up until the time we left. She was having a great time with Grand Dad. She lost a baby tooth around the 3rd quarter and her Grandfather made sure it was secured for the "tooth fairy". GREAT memory stuff there!

Good stuff right there...Been to a lot of Jets games and I know how their fans are...especially a game like this....

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 01:33 PM

I remember it well

galaxy10
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM

</p>

Was there that day. 1978 against St. Louis Cardinals. One of the coldest games I can remember. Plane actually said "15 years of lousy footbal, we've had enough". Well Mara said that was one of his main reasons for firing McVay.</p>

I remember that plane as well. I was so proud of Giant fans that day.

MattMeyerBud
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
I was at the game with my son, first nfl game for the both of us. We were loud, crowd was loud. Piss Poor effort on offense and defense all around. Great to be there but dissapointed with the team. (Son 13 had a blast)!!!!!!

so YOUR the "guy"

MattMeyerBud
12-19-2011, 01:43 PM

sorry dad

don't feel bad YA...

honestly this could of been the third strike for him... 3rd straight year collapse, 3rd completely inexcusable performance (Phi2, NO) - it might of gotten to him too. Plus back in the day he didn't have to deal wtih the disgust of having to pay PSLs and inflated ticket prices.

MattMeyerBud
12-19-2011, 01:46 PM

Good stuff right there...Been to a lot of Jets games and I know how their fans are...especially a game like this....

yea i went to the last time we played them in regular season - alot of fights so beware

but they may of had their spirit broken as well

Weygand
12-19-2011, 01:49 PM

Yeah. Today was like shades of the 2003 season...just sickening.

bearbryant
12-19-2011, 02:18 PM

</P>

Was there that day. 1978 against St. Louis Cardinals. One of the coldest games I can remember. Plane actually said "15 years of lousy footbal, we've had enough". Well Mara said that was one of his main reasons for firing McVay.</P>

</P>

Wild images!!! I remember the 55 gallon barrels around fired up for heat in the parking lot, ( it was frigid!) Poor McVay... meant well but the oppositionhe was fighting kicked his butt. Almost as sad as Tuna leaving Handley with the keys and what he faced. Man o man , I hope we get back on the right side of this quickly. This is not fun!</P>

I only go to one game a year or so ( live up in R.I.) So bad towatch this nonsense, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.</P>

JimC
12-19-2011, 02:21 PM

You wait all week for this? Wow!! I have no words.

Kase-1
12-19-2011, 03:29 PM

yea i went to the last time we played them in regular season - alot of fights so beware

Ya know what that means......

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/131/e126d34795d744d98d468efc5a3260f3/l.jpg

<font size="5">Time to put on the foil!!!!</font>

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 03:56 PM

</p>

Was there that day. 1978 against St. Louis Cardinals. One of the coldest games I can remember. Plane actually said "15 years of lousy footbal, we've had enough". Well Mara said that was one of his main reasons for firing McVay.</p>

</p>

Wild images!!! I remember the 55 gallon barrels around fired up for heat in the parking lot, ( it was frigid!) Poor McVay... meant well but the oppositionhe was fighting kicked his butt. Almost as sad as Tuna leaving Handley with the keys and what he faced. Man o man , I hope we get back on the right side of this quickly. This is not fun!</p>

I only go to one game a year or so ( live up in R.I.) So bad towatch this nonsense, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.</p>

Two more games to go. The jets with loudmouth Rex already crowning his team and the Cowboys who are playing better football than we are right now. I think the offense can make corrections but we have no defense except for JPP and, while he tries, he can't do it all by himself.

We have players taking shots at other players and one captain at a loss to explain WTF is going on. The same captain who's afraid on another injury.

What we miss more than anything else is Strahan and Pierce type leadership. Without that, we may have gone as far as we are going to go this season.

TuckYou
12-19-2011, 03:59 PM
The last away game I went to the Giants got completely embarrassed and took the day off. I was offended. It was my last Giants game I attended. That was in 2009. I am simply not willing to spend the money needed to to watch these games live and have the chance they don't even show up. It just isn't worth it. Rather watch them not play and get out coached and out hustled and out everythinged from my couch, and change the channel. </P>

Time for change for Big Blue as we have another year of physical and mental collapse.</P>

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 04:03 PM

Oh I know...I went to a Monday Night game one year cause my buddy is a season ticket holder for the Jets...and a Jet fan threw a bottle of jack daniels from the upper deck and almost killed Don shula...they are animals..

GameTime
12-19-2011, 04:05 PM

</P>

you are not alone Ro....</P>

A few weeks ago I turned off the Giants vs Saints game. Yestrerday I was fortunate to go see my niece in a play so she rescued me from that bull**** they Giants pulled off yesterday.</P>

Days like yesterday I ****ing hate them.....I mean hate!! Serious fans take this **** personally. I am embarrassed to say I am a fan when they play like utter losers. Some how it becomes a reflection on me because I support them.</P>

Right now they can kiss my *** until they show me something vs the POS Jets. If they dont come out and rip somebodies (Rex or Holmes preferably) ****ing head off in the first series then they are a bunch of gutless losers. From top to bottom.</P>

TuckYou
12-19-2011, 04:08 PM

</P>

A few weeks ago I turned off the Giants vs Saints game. Yestrerday I was fortunate to go see my niece in a play so she rescued me from that bull**** they Giants pulled off yesterday.</P>

Days like yesterday I ****ing hate them.....I mean hate!! Serious fans take this **** personally. I am embarrassed to say I am a fan when they play like utter losers. Some how it becomes a reflection on me because I support them.</P>

Right now they can kiss my *** until they show me something vs the POS Jets. If they dont come out and rip somebodies (Rex or Holmes preferably) ****ing head off in the first series then they are a bunch of gutless losers. From top to bottom.</P>

</P>

Well we all know Perry will have the perfect gameplan vs Sanchez,send 3 and pray to God. </P>

GameTime
12-19-2011, 04:14 PM

</P>

</P>

Well we all know Perry will have the perfect gameplan vs Sanchez,send 3 and pray to God. </P>

</P>

Yeah...you know he sent three yesterday and if Rolle makes a tackle that was so ****ing easy the play is dead and they punt. He drops his head to tackle and he whiffs. What bull**** technique. Maybe he should shut the **** up and learn how to make an easy tackle. </P>

Oh yeah....Fewell sucks too....</P>

bigjeep
12-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Would you have left early if there was a retractable roof and wasn't 20 degrees</P>

[:D]</P>

bigjeep
12-19-2011, 04:21 PM

I agree. And I mean that in the best possible way because it sounds like R-Fan is the good kind of Giants fan.
</P>

Its the only thing Mara understands, fans leaving early or not showing up. If you want"real" change, its the only way to get it!</P>

sharick88
12-19-2011, 04:23 PM

I'm sorry that you had to witness that embarrassment in person. If I were the owner of the team, I would give everyone in attendance their money back for their tickets.

gumby742
12-19-2011, 04:26 PM
This team and many others in years past have had us calling them soft. That's a big problem and it starts with the HC.

bigjeep
12-19-2011, 04:30 PM

</P>

"Good night, Mrs. Kalabash, wherever you are!
</P>

I dare say, few fans here know what that means or where it came from!</P>

sharick88
12-19-2011, 04:31 PM
This team and many others in years past have had us calling them soft. That's a big problem and it starts with the HC.
This team is definitely a direct reflection of its leadership.

BurnerNYG
12-19-2011, 04:35 PM
This team is definitely a direct reflection of its leadership.And the reason why Reese gotta over pay players to play here. Don't nobody wanna play for Coughlin.

Giants-NJ
12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Fans should show up to the Giants/Cowboys game with brown paper bags on their heads. That would really be funny to see on TV! Maybe then the Mara's will get the hint.

MattMeyerBud
12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Fans should show up to the Giants/Cowboys game with brown paper bags on their heads. That would really be funny to see on TV! Maybe then the Mara's will get the hint.

if we lose next week its a good idea

if we win next week then i wouldn't understand the point of it

Giants-NJ
12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
My seats will be EMPTY at the last home game. I am not selling my tickets to anyone because I am ebarrassed to be a Giants Season Ticket Holder at this point.

BigBlue1971
12-19-2011, 04:49 PM

</P>

</P>

not very much if anything went right for the G-Men yesterday.</P>

on their home turf, this time of year, their position in the chase, against a division rival apparently did notresonated with the Giants yesterday. </P>

hopefully they can rebound and stay in the hunt for the nfce crown. playing like they did, i dont even know if i can put too much stock in that. </P>

</P>

giantsforce
12-19-2011, 05:00 PM

if we lose next week its a good idea

if we win next week then i wouldn't understand the point of it
It is not a matter of IF next week, it is WHEN.

sharick88
12-19-2011, 05:05 PM
This team is definitely a direct reflection of its leadership.And the reason why Reese gotta over pay players to play here. Don't nobody wanna play for Coughlin.
I have to agree that he is the primary reason why. It is what it is. I like Coughlin, but his reputation with players around the league obviously is not a good one.

Robert21156
12-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Well, you're probably right that everyone know that we throw the fade WAY too much near the end zone, but apparently Ham didn't know we were going to throw it then! Based on his history, he makes way too many mistakes onroute options and ends up killing the teamwhen he does. Eli has had many picks thrown in that manner. I WANT to like Manningham, but plays like this make me think we won't re-sign him.

Robert21156
12-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Couldn't agree more about our lack of creativitity and imagination on offense. Our approach is that we don't care if you pre-snap recognize what we're going to do, we are just going to out execute you! That only works if you're clearly superior to the opposition. I read an article in ESPN magazine earlier this year that quotes some NFL people as saying that offenses dray plays up and scheme in hopes of getting defenders one-half step out of position. They believe if they can do that, then they'll have a successful play! We don't try to fool anyone with what we're doing.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 05:36 PM

</p>

</p>

I dare say, few fans here know what that means or where it came from!</p>

I'm sure you are right. It's better than the fat lady singing I guess lol

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 05:38 PM

</p>

</p>

not very much if anything went right for the G-Men yesterday.</p>

on their home turf, this time of year, their position in the chase, against a division rival apparently did notresonated with the Giants yesterday. </p>

hopefully they can rebound and stay in the hunt for the nfce crown. playing like they did, i dont even know if i can put too much stock in that. </p>

</p>
There is always hope

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 05:41 PM

I'm sorry that you had to witness that embarrassment in person. If I were the owner of the team, I would give everyone in attendance their money back for their tickets.

No you wouldn't, the other 31 owners would kill you [;)]

bigjeep
12-19-2011, 06:58 PM

</P>

</P>

I dare say, few fans here know what that means or where it came from!</P>

</P>

</P>

As we know Jimmy durante ended all his TV shows with that. Years later when they asked him what that meant, believe it or not, he said it was just something he made up. Nothing too it.</P>

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 11:15 PM

</p>

</p>

I dare say, few fans here know what that means or where it came from!</p>

</p>

</p>

As we know Jimmy durante ended all his TV shows with that. Years later when they asked him what that meant, believe it or not, he said it was just something he made up. Nothing too it.</p>

Most thought it was a long lost love lol

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 11:20 PM

Have fun, and hopefully your kid comes home routing for the right team.

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 11:22 PM

sorry dad

don't feel bad YA...

honestly this could of been the third strike for him... 3rd straight year collapse, 3rd completely inexcusable performance (Phi2, NO) - it might of gotten to him too. Plus back in the day he didn't have to deal wtih the disgust of having to pay PSLs and inflated ticket prices.

yr prob right

not sure Pop would have taken kindly to the whole PSL mess

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 11:25 PM

sorry dad

The Giants should apologize to your dad, not you.

jomo
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM

No not yet.* We're like an old school passing team, but stupid.
My good friends, both former college football players and both Steeler were in the stadium yesterday. They both called to tell me that they were shocked at how unimaginative we are on both sides of the ball. One also asked how we could ever roll up someone like JPP in a zone blitz, taking one of the best pass rusher's off of pass rushing duties. Figured I'd share that comment from a couple of fans

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 11:28 PM

That fade is thrown to a spot (the corner of the endzone). The defender was there. Our receiver was 10 yards away.

DD,

Sorry but the defender ran directly to the corner which is why Mario ran the stop. That is exactly what the receiver is supposed to do when the DB plays the fade. Our QB missed it.

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 11:31 PM

Someone might want to tell Manningham. That pick was on him.

Oh really. When the DB goes to the corner what is Mario supposed to do?

STOP.

That's why it's called a "FADE-STOP."

Mario made the right play. Our QB did not.

You disagree? Let's hear facts, not BS.

DandyDon
12-20-2011, 12:13 AM

So let me understand. The entire team - offense and defense - players that make millions of dollars a year - all didnt play well cause the dont like their coach.

Brilliant...

BurnerNYG
12-20-2011, 12:18 AM

So let me understand. The entire team - offense and defense - players that make millions of dollars a year - all didnt play well cause the dont like their coach.

Brilliant...If you don't think coaches make a difference, then you need to stop watching sports.

BurnerNYG
12-20-2011, 12:20 AM
And who said the entire team stopped playing?

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 12:25 AM

sorry dad

The Giants should apologize to your dad,* not you.

yr right

I know for a fact he is upstairs shaking his head

my old man didnt care how much talent a team had.....all he cared about was the heart that team showed

thats why Charlie Conerly, Joe Morrison, and John Mendenhal were his absolute all time favorite players

all those guys were made of was heart

Roosevelt
12-20-2011, 12:39 AM

sorry dad

yr right

my old man didnt care how much talent a team had.....all he cared about was the heart that team showed

thats why Charlie Conerly, Joe Morrison, and John Mendenhal were his absolute all time favorite players

#64 is someone I have very fond memories of a kid. Ron Johnson on offense and John Mendenhall on defense. Big John deserves to be in the Ring Of Honor no doubt.

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 12:41 AM

sorry dad

The Giants should apologize to your dad,* not you.

yr right

#64 is someone I have very fond memories of a kid.* Ron Johnson on offense and John Mendenhall on defense.* Big John deserves to be in the Ring Of Honor no doubt.

could not agree more

Vtgmenfan89
12-20-2011, 12:41 AM
I was at the game as well. The last 3 games I've gone to were the Panthers game in Giants stadium, then the Eagles game last year then this one. They ALWAYS let me down, and not by just getting beat, they lose in the absolute worst fashion every time by either giving up or just simply playing with zero passion minus a few players. I don't think I'm going to waste the money anymore.

DandyDon
12-20-2011, 12:53 AM

DD,

Sorry but the defender ran directly to the corner which is why Mario ran the stop.* That is exactly what the receiver is supposed to do when the DB plays the fade. ** Our QB missed it.

Ok. Guess my bad, looked like Manningham blew it. I though if he would have been at lease close, he could have broken up the pick.

jomo
12-20-2011, 01:00 AM

Roa......its crazy that you posted this yesterday was the first time in my life that I left before the clock was all zeroes .........more than 5 minutes left to be frank when I was a kid my dad would never ever leave before the game was over.....ever!!!! and this was the 60s and 70s when the stadiums were half empty...... so its instilled in me to stick with your team to the bitter end.... but yesterday was just that day I felt like my dad was looking down on me shaking his head but the wife was freezing....her coffee was cold....the boys in Blue just did not show up.......so I did the unthinkable and said lets go hon...... she looked at me like I was insane....but was relieved sorry dad

yr right I know for a fact he is upstairs shaking his head my old man didnt care how much talent a team had.....all he cared about was the heart that team showed thats why Charlie Conerly, Joe Morrison, and John Mendenhal were his absolute all time favorite players all those guys were made of was heart

#64 is someone I have very fond memories of a kid. Ron Johnson on offense and John Mendenhall on defense. Big John deserves to be in the Ring Of Honor no doubt.
could not agree moreYes, yes and yes! ...............and my son, Giants fanatic and well trained by me,at the tender age of 24, looked at me midway through the fourth and said................."I can't take this embarrassment any longer. The guys on the field don't seem to care, why should we." ThenI said..........for the first time in my 57 years.........".let's get out of here and send them a message. I don't feel bad about it. They should feel bad about it!"

DandyDon
12-20-2011, 01:13 AM

Brilliant...If you don't think coaches make a difference, then you need to stop watching sports.

I didnt say coaches dont make a difference. I meant that "Don't nobody wanna play for Coughlin" is a dumb comment to explain the loss.

What I saw last Sunday aint just coaching. Maybe it's a problem in the organization. Maybe its players that just done care Maybe I'm just not as smart as you.

But I think my dumb a**s will keep watching anyway ;-)

giantsforce
12-20-2011, 01:43 AM

Brilliant...If you don't think coaches make a difference, then you need to stop watching sports.Right on! If they do not make a difference, then why have them? It seems that the Giants are just burning up cash holding on to old relics like the 3 stooges.

giantsforce
12-20-2011, 01:49 AM

I didnt say coaches dont make a difference. I meant that "Don't nobody wanna play for Coughlin" is a dumb comment to explain the loss.

What I saw last Sunday aint just coaching. Maybe it's a problem in the organization. Maybe its players that just done care Maybe I'm just not as smart as you.

But I think my dumb a**s will keep watching anyway ;-)What we saw Sunday was a disgraceful effort by a bunch of moron millionaires and coaching staff not doing anything to fix it. I have never seen coaching staff being that incompetent and not having control of the team. It reminded me some of the 3 stooges episodes where they are getting a job assigned and they turn it to mayhem. Well now the New York Giants have their own 3 stooges -Coughlin=Mo, Killdrive=Larry and Fewell=Curly. Reese is Schemp.

P_Simms_#11
12-20-2011, 02:16 AM

But I think my dumb a**s will keep watching anyway ;-)What we saw Sunday was a disgraceful effort by a bunch of moron millionaires and coaching staff not doing anything to fix it. I have never seen coaching staff being that incompetent and not having control of the team. It reminded me some of the 3 stooges episodes where they are getting a job assigned and they turn it to mayhem. Well now the New York Giants have their own 3 stooges -Coughlin=Mo, Killdrive=Larry and Fewell=Curly. Reese is Schemp.

Tuck or Rolle can be Curly Joe.

BurnerNYG
12-20-2011, 03:20 AM

But I think my dumb a**s will keep watching anyway ;-)When I said "don't nobody wanna play for Coughlin" I was more or less basing that comment on our free agent acquisitions. We have a hard time getting the sexy picks because I truly believe that star players from other teams heard the rumors and stories how Coughlin runs the team and they refuse to even consider us. Reese would absolutely have to open the wallet to get players to come here... like he's been doing. This is NY... players should be absolutely thrilled to come play here.

bigjeep
12-20-2011, 06:05 AM

</p>

***** </p>

***** I dare say, few fans here know what that means or where it came from!</p>

I'm sure you are right.* It's better than the fat lady singing I guess* lol
</p>

*</p>

As we know Jimmy durante ended all his TV shows with that. Years later when they asked him what that meant, believe it or not, he said it was just something he made up. Nothing too it.</p>

Most thought it was a long lost love* lol

I have been corrected. He called his first wife Calabash as a pet name, so it was his first wife! Who knew!

jomo
12-20-2011, 08:48 AM

Roa......its crazy that you posted this yesterday was the first time in my life that I left before the clock was all zeroes .........more than 5 minutes left to be frank when I was a kid my dad would never ever leave before the game was over.....ever!!!! and this was the 60s and 70s when the stadiums were half empty...... so its instilled in me to stick with your team to the bitter end.... but yesterday was just that day I felt like my dad was looking down on me shaking his head but the wife was freezing....her coffee was cold....the boys in Blue just did not show up.......so I did the unthinkable and said lets go hon...... she looked at me like I was insane....but was relieved sorry dad

yr right I know for a fact he is upstairs shaking his head my old man didnt care how much talent a team had.....all he cared about was the heart that team showed thats why Charlie Conerly, Joe Morrison, and John Mendenhal were his absolute all time favorite players all those guys were made of was heart

could not agree moreYes, yes and yes! ...............and my son, Giants fanatic and well trained by me,at the tender age of 24, looked at me midway through the fourth and said................."I can't take this embarrassment any longer. The guys on the field don't seem to care, why should we." ThenI said..........for the first time in my 57 years.........".let's get out of here and send them a message. I don't feel bad about it. They should feel bad about it!"Adding insult to injury, our early departure left us in a major traffic jam on the cross Bronx which added an hour and a half to an otherwise miserable day. [:D]

RoanokeFan
12-20-2011, 10:07 AM

could not agree moreYes, yes and yes! ...............and my son, Giants fanatic and well trained by me,at the tender age of 24, looked at me midway through the fourth and said................."I can't take this embarrassment any longer. The guys on the field don't seem to care, why should we." ThenI said..........for the first time in my 57 years.........".let's get out of here and send them a message. I don't feel bad about it. They should feel bad about it!"Adding insult to injury, our early departure left us in a major traffic jam on the cross Bronx which added an hour and a half to an otherwise miserable day. [:D]

THE PERFECT STORM!!

Redeyejedi
12-20-2011, 10:13 AM
I was at the game as well. The last 3 games I've gone to were the Panthers game in Giants stadium, then the Eagles game last year then this one. They ALWAYS let me down, and not by just getting beat, they lose in the absolute worst fashion every time by either giving up or just simply playing with zero passion minus a few players. I don't think I'm going to waste the money anymore.Yeah u should stay away from that stadium.

mstray92
12-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Dude!, TC and Killdrive are still stuck in 1950's leather helmet football! This team's philosophy is ancient compared to the rest of the league!

Roosevelt
12-20-2011, 05:20 PM

DD,

Sorry but the defender ran directly to the corner which is why Mario ran the stop. That is exactly what the receiver is supposed to do when the DB plays the fade. Our QB missed it.

Ok. Guess my bad, looked like Manningham blew it. I though if he would have been at lease close, he could have broken up the pick.

I'm assuming Aikman and Buck led you to that conclusion because most people I've heard comment on it believe as you did.

Right after that play I hit the restroom which has the radio feed piped into it. Carl Banks was talking about it, and I'm only reiterating what he said.

1986Bavaro
12-20-2011, 05:34 PM
It has taken me a few days to come here. I am depressed about that game and I stayed in the stadium with my son until the Redskins were in victory formation.

I can only conclude that many of the Giants of 2011 have no heart. I also think the Perry Fewell experiment needs to end. If you can't beat the Redskins when the season is on the line, you don't belong in the playoffs.

Really a disheartening loss.

BurnerNYG
12-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Dude!, TC and Killdrive are still stuck in 1950's leather helmet football! This team's philosophy is ancient compared to the rest of the league!
Part of it is not having the personel to call certain plays like a QB option but that still shouldn't stop em for going for an onsides kick, especially against a team like the Saints, calling a flea flicker every now and then or a HB option pass. They keep this up, they're gonna lose a massive amount of young and middle aged fans.