PDA

View Full Version : DAVID WILSON TODAY

keyofgmen
10-28-2012, 08:54 AM
I rarely get into prediction thing, as it usually makes ya look the fool, but...

I think Bradshaw will be a late scratch. Brown starts, but Wilson gets 12-15 touches and has his 1st big day. Note I don't say "breakout game". Term way overused. Just his 1st big game. Maybe 126 yrds 1 rush TD and 1 pass TD. One long run over 50 yrds.

Of course, now I may look the fool later..but that's OK once in a while!

Go Giants!!!

Flip Empty
10-28-2012, 08:58 AM
3/26 yds rushing; 126 yds/1TD returning

DownWitJPP
10-28-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm all for getting Wilson some more touches..he's earned it. I don't remember the last time our kick return game has been this productive. They need to give him more than 1 or 2 carries a game though to get him going....Bradshaw is showing once again his feet can't hold up for a whole season with him taking the majority of the snaps. I love the intensity and passion for the game that Bradshaw plays with, but his body just can't keep up

Captain Chaos
10-28-2012, 09:06 AM
I think that Bradshaw plays, but it would be nice to unleash the three headed monster!

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Bradshaw is going to play with Brown in relief. If we get up on the Cowboys, we may see more snaps for Wilson.

Flip Empty
10-28-2012, 09:41 AM
It would certainly be fitting if he broke out against the team who put him in the dog house.

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 09:46 AM
It would certainly be fitting if he broke out against the team who put him in the dog house. A 105 yard kick off return is in the making

DownWitJPP
10-28-2012, 09:53 AM
A 105 yard kick off return is in the making

if that happens i might try and do a back flip lol

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 10:02 AM
if that happens i might try and do a back flip lol Move the coffee table FIRST

Joe Morrison
10-28-2012, 10:35 AM
He has added good field position on kick offs, hopefully he only gets one today. If the Giants are up by 2 scores in the 4th we might get to see Wilson in the backfield again, he needs to get more touches if he is going to be usefull at the end of the season and in the play offs.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 12:00 PM
I've seen no reasonable pattern to the way Coughlin is using his runningbacks so far, so I don't think we're going to see Wilson get 10 carreis in a game until one of the other backs is hurt. Brashaw's playing with some attitude right now, so you know he'll resist being scratched, so I doubt we see anything different today than we've seen the last three weeks. Coughlin has had Bradshaw stay in the game during mop-up time agaisnt Cleveland and San Fran. The perfect time to let a young guy get going, and Wilson still saw very limited carries.

My only guess is that they want Wilson to learn the system and stay healthy. Bradshaw is toast at the end of his contract, so they're riding him hard now and not caring about his long term effectiveness. That's the only thing I can imagine.

EnragedYouth85
10-28-2012, 12:12 PM
The way Couglin coaches, I don't see Wilson getting very many touches outside of return duties. Which I hope there isn't a lot of kickoff returns! I'll take 1 to start the game and then nothing the rest of the game. If Bradshaw plays, which he most likely will he will probably get 75% of the snaps, Brown 20% and Wilson 5%. That's just my opinion..

miked1958
10-28-2012, 12:46 PM
A 105 yard kick off return is in the makingagreed! Just like Hixon did to Dallas on that punt return for TD a few years back.. When he juked and doubled back and went right to left.. Just awesome!

giantsfan420
10-28-2012, 01:38 PM
ya know i could easily see 07 play out again in that near the end of the season, bradshaw starts breaking down, and we turn to either brown/wilson to be the rb "with the hot hand" for the playoff run.
if u guys remember in 07, bradshaw wasnt used really until that buffalo game late in the season, then from there he was used in that run. a big part of that success we had was that when we started to play bradshaw more, teams didnt really know much about him n how to defend him.
i could see us being patient with wilson to ensure he's good to go for a postseason push. remember, we basically changed how we used Jacobs for the early part of the season the last few seasons he was here to ensure we'd have him in he postseason

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 01:39 PM
agreed! Just like Hixon did to Dallas on that punt return for TD a few years back.. When he juked and doubled back and went right to left.. Just awesome!

I sure miss those kinds of returns, but we ARE DUE