PDA

View Full Version : WE NEED THE COWBOYS TO WIN NEXT WEEK TO CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY

VBGiantsFan
12-19-2011, 12:22 AM
How ironic is that?

The team we are trying to overtake has to actually win so we can control if we make the playoffs by playing them in our final game. Weird how that worked out.

Manning
12-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Pretty sure we control our own destiny still

njersey
12-19-2011, 12:25 AM
How ironic is that?

The team we are trying to overtake has to actually win so we can control if we make the playoffs by playing them in our final game. Weird how that worked out.

How's that? If we win the next 2 games, we win the division.

JMGGIANTS
12-19-2011, 12:25 AM
IF we win the next two games we win the NFC East. How sad is that.

VBGiantsFan
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Pretty sure we control our own destiny still

Yes, I'm sorry, I misread something else an article. My bad...

Stupid me :/

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 12:27 AM
How ironic is that?

It doesn't really matter the Giants have to win them both to get in. A 2 game win streak. Now that's a tall order for this team to fill.

VBGiantsFan
12-19-2011, 12:30 AM
No, I misread an article. If Cowboys and Giants both lose next week, we'd still be one game out, but the Eagles would control their own destiny as long as we beat the Cowboys...

I started a thread with false info my bad

RoanokeFan
12-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Sadly, controlling our own destiny and accomplishing a positive result are seemingly incompatible objectives for this team.

giantsforce
12-19-2011, 12:42 AM
IF we win the next two games we win the NFC East. How sad is that.The law of probability says that is highly unlikely to happen.

giantsforce
12-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Sadly, controlling our own destiny and accomplishing a positive result are seemingly incompatible objectives for this team.
I wonder why that is!

nycsportzfan
12-19-2011, 12:48 AM
What if We lose and Dallas loses next week? Do we still get in playoffs if we beat Dallas the following week?

njersey
12-19-2011, 12:51 AM
*What if We lose and Dallas loses next week? Do we still get in playoffs if we beat Dallas the following week?

Yes. But if we lose to the Jets, I will throw up.

BigBlue2010
12-19-2011, 12:52 AM
The team we are trying to overtake has to actually win so we can control if we make the playoffs by playing them in our final game. Weird how that worked out.</P>

I know, it almost seems impossible.</P>

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-19-2011, 12:58 AM
If the 4-8 Eagles come all the way back from the dead to win the NFC East at 8-8, Dallas and New York fans will never hear the end of it.

Well, not for some time.

nycsportzfan
12-19-2011, 03:37 AM
What if We lose and Dallas loses next week? Do we still get in playoffs if we beat Dallas the following week?

Yes. But if we lose to the Jets, I will throw up. ya but our first goal has to be Dallas losing as then it dosen;t end our season regardless of what happens to us ANd banking on the GIants winning is a i<span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mpossible thing to do I just want the next 2ga</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mes to both have </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">meaning
</span>

G-Men Surg.
12-19-2011, 03:45 AM
*What if We lose and Dallas loses next week? Do we still get in playoffs if we beat Dallas the following week?

No if the Eagles win against the Skins in week 17.

GCGiant
12-19-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm not sure I want to see the team that showed-up today wearing Giants' uniforms in the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind having the team that played the last 5 minutes of the Cowboy game...but that team yesterday you can keep.

blueomaha
12-19-2011, 08:32 AM
If the 4-8 Eagles come all the way back from the dead to win the NFC East at 8-8, Dallas and New York fans will never live it down.

Well, not for some time.
the only time i have to agree with a cowboys fan...that would be sad...OMG, a nightmare for sure....

miked1958
12-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes. But if we lose to the Jets, I will throw up. ya but our first goal has to be Dallas losing as then it dosen;t end our season regardless of what happens to us ANd banking on the GIants winning is a i<SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>mpossible thing to do I just want the next 2ga</SPAN><SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>mes to both have </SPAN><SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>meaning
</SPAN></P>

Well that is not totally true. If we lose and dallas loses we dont get in by beating Dallas. We would have to wait to see what the outcome of Skins and Philly. Philly wins and it creates a 3way tie in which they would be crowned div winners by best div record. they would be 5-1 to our 3-3. if you are trying to make that game mean more on Jan 1, we really have to beat the jets&gt; So.. our first Goal should be for Dallas tolose and for us to win. but even if dallas wins while we beat jets we still get in by beating dallas. the only way we DONT control our destiny is if we lose to jets and dallas loses to eagles. Best case i think is for us both to win next week. That makes our game vs them winner take all and Eagles would be out of it no matter what they did vs skins. We lose then we would need dallas to lose for sure because then we would be 2games out with 1 remaining so Dallas would clinch before final game. confused</P>

</P>

miked1958
12-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes. But if we lose to the Jets, I will throw up. ya but our first goal has to be Dallas losing as then it dosen;t end our season regardless of what happens to us ANd banking on the GIants winning is a i<SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>mpossible thing to do I just want the next 2ga</SPAN><SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>mes to both have </SPAN><SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>meaning
</SPAN></P>

Well that is not totally true. If we lose and dallas loses we dont get in by beating Dallas. We would have to wait to see what the outcome of Skins and Philly. Philly wins and it creates a 3way tie in which they would be crowned div winners by best div record. they would be 5-1 to our 3-3. if you are trying to make that game mean more on Jan 1, we really have to beat the jets&gt; So.. our first Goal should be for Dallas tolose and for us to win. but even if dallas wins while we beat jets we still get in by beating dallas. the only way we DONT control our destiny is if we lose to jets and dallas loses to eagles. Best case i think is for us both to win next week. That makes our game vs them winner take all and Eagles would be out of it no matter what they did vs skins. We lose then we would need dallas to lose for sure because then we would be 2games out with 1 remaining so Dallas would clinch before final game. confused</P>

</P>

</P>

bottom line is this. you answered his question incorrectly. His question was if we lose and dallas loses do we still get in by winning jan1. Well no. it would depend on Phillys final game. In your senario we lose we are 7-8. Dallas loses they are 8-7. I guess u were thinking we get in bec of sweeping dallas. however the Eagles by beating dallas 7-8 and actually ahead of us in standings. We win Jan 1 we are 8-8 as is dallas. Eagles beat skins they are 8-8. They win division. they lose we win div by head to head vs dallas in the sweep. </P>

Drez
12-19-2011, 11:08 AM
</P>

Unfortunately, that does seem the case. </P>

Hopefully this team breaks it's mold and shows some fight-back. </P>

appletree943
12-19-2011, 11:11 AM
not if Philly wins week 17 :)

hungrrrry
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
How ironic is that?

The team we are trying to overtake has to actually win so we can control if we make the playoffs by playing them in our final game. Weird how that worked out.We need to win next week as well to continue controlling our destiny...we do still control it.

Sintim97
12-19-2011, 01:13 PM
If the 4-8 Eagles come all the way back from the dead to win the NFC East at 8-8, Dallas and New York fans will never live it down.

Well, not for some time.

x2

Sintim97
12-19-2011, 01:14 PM
i dont even care what we need to win the east, i want dallas to beat philly. if we beat jets and dallas we still will make it in over them im pretty sure. even if we win out and make it over these 2, idc. i want philly eliminated ASAP

JMGGIANTS
12-19-2011, 03:23 PM

Well, not for some time.

Oh boy isn't that the truth. If that happens if will be surreal for me. The count was on number 7 of an 8 count for the "Dream Team".