PDA

View Full Version : The announcers to this game.....

Javelin390
10-28-2012, 06:54 PM
are so biased! Ever since kickoff I have heard Aikman run his mouth like him and Buck are rooting for the Cowboys this game. Am I nuts or does it totally seem this way???? I just think it's unprofessional. Like Eli's deep pass to Randle I heard the most pathetic, reluctant "Manning completes to Randle for.... 40 yards" in a monotone I don't care voice. However when Romo throws deep to Bryant then they get excited....

Kendo15
10-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Screw them.

It's us against the world and don't ever forget it.

elitocruz
10-28-2012, 06:56 PM
IT'S BRENNAMAN NOT BUCK

Javelin390
10-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Screw them.

excellently put

EVGiant17
10-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Aikman hasn't said a nice thing about the Giants/Eli unless forced. That is always the way.

jomo
10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
You speak the truth.

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Aikman hasn't said a nice thing about the Giants/Eli unless forced. That is always the way.

That isn't true. He complements him all the time. He isn't a homer like us. He calls out the bad along with the good. So I don't have any issues with what he does.

BigBlue1971
10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Aikman is a cowboy! i never expect him to praise the Giants especially when they are playing the turds!

m0rbid1
10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm fine with Aikman but Brennaman should not be announcing Giants game anymore. It's appeared to me he was rooting for the cowboys.

giantsfan420
10-28-2012, 08:00 PM
i didnt like the announcing either. but i didnt like blowing a 23 pt lead more

ALLnygIN
10-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Aikman was gushing harder than usual today.

Gmen2005
10-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Honestly, I've never really had a problem with Aikman, but today he was awful. Thom Brennaman was just awful.

plaxattack17
10-28-2012, 08:03 PM
even by Aikman's standards, that was the most bias announcing i've heard on live tv. BUt i don't care! we won!

BParcells777
10-28-2012, 08:03 PM
are so biased! Ever since kickoff I have heard Aikman run his mouth like him and Buck are rooting for the Cowboys this game. Am I nuts or does it totally seem this way???? I just think it's unprofessional. Like Eli's deep pass to Randle I heard the most pathetic, reluctant "Manning completes to Randle for.... 40 yards" in a monotone I don't care voice. However when Romo throws deep to Bryant then they get excited....

I tried to tell you guys this yesterday and all the ACHE-MAN appologists were out like kids on haloween

flimflam
10-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Screw them.

But I was livid when Brennehman said something to the effect of "The Cowboys are kicking some Giant tail." If I ever see that homer in the street, I will pop him in the rib cage wit one punch. I guarantee I will crack several of his ribs. I know its a tad malicious, but hey, **** em. Ive got a temper, however I am just paying him back for verbally taunting me on national TV.

mike kennedy
10-28-2012, 10:52 PM

It's not Troy's fault, its the concussions!

mike kennedy
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
But I was livid when Brennehman said something to the effect of "The Cowboys are kicking some Giant tail." If I ever see that homer in the street, I will pop him in the rib cage wit one punch. I guarantee I will crack several of his ribs. I know its a tad malicious, but hey, **** em. Ive got a temper, however I am just paying him back for verbally taunting me on national TV.

I think Thom & Buck, combined weigh in at a total of 226 lbs.

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Aikman's normally really good

Ruttiger711
10-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Usually don't have a problem w aikman but he was just not good today.

...and Breneneman or whatever is the other one? He has as much personality as the down marker.

Roosevelt
10-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Good thing, I can never he the Fox announcers. I hear the stadium PA and crowd louder than Fox's announcers.

mike kennedy
10-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Aikman was gushing harder than usual today.

He prematurely went through 3 pair of BVD'S before the last 2 minutes. Unfortunately for him, that is when he went through some Sta Puffs.

Toadofsteel
10-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Still would rather have Aikman than Collinsworth. Aikman will call the good and the bad on Eli. And, to be honest, Eli wasn't all that spectacular (although a lot of it was receivers dropping balls hit on the numbers).

njg85m
10-28-2012, 11:10 PM
What in God's name are you people talking about?
Aikman is the furthest thing from biased, and considering how we gave away a 23 pt lead I personally think he called the action mildly to be honestly.

Oh and btw it was not Buck, he's doing the WS....

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 11:16 PM
he was bad today but when he is on Mike Francesa every friday he praises Eli and the Giants all the time. He also said Victor Cruz is the best slot receiver even over Wes Welker. It's his old team sure he wants them to win can you blame him. Who cares anyway. I personally like Joe Buck I liked the way he called the Green Bay playoff game last year can't wait till he gets back.

njersey
10-28-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm fine with Aikman but Brennaman should not be announcing Giants game anymore. It's appeared to me he was rooting for the cowboys.

I agree, but Buck is even worse.

thegiantsrule10
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM
They sucked. what do you expect from fox.

moosedrool
10-28-2012, 11:24 PM
I don't know how Aikman keeps his job with all the double negatives that come out of his mouth.

titwio
10-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Aikman's analysis of Amukamara was way off today too. He was actually using what Reese said about him before the season started and turning it into a negative of his play currently. Prince has been having a great season and as an announcer he lost instant credibility by saying he hasn't been performing well. Prince hasn't given up a TD this season and is ranked in the top 10 for CB's this year against QB completion%.

Manning
10-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Only thing airman said that made me mad was when he said Amukamara wasn't having a good season and all teams have noticed and been targeting him.

Manning
10-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Aikman's analysis of Amukamara was way off today too. He was actually using what Reese said about him before the season started and turning it into a negative of his play currently. Prince has been having a great season and as an announcer he lost instant credibility by saying he hasn't been performing well. Prince hasn't given up a TD this season and is ranked in the top 10 for CB's this year in QB completion%.. Damn beat me by a minute.

dreamer3kx
10-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Dont post much at all but had to here, I noticed right away today with Aikman and Bren, Aikman is usually fair but today it felt like he was grinding his teeth with every bad cowboy turnover, you can sense Bren wasn't enjoying either with moments of silence from both, it was a huge game for the cowboys and both were biased today, I though Bren was a Giants fan, I could be wrong, not that it matters.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-28-2012, 11:37 PM
According to Troy: Romo threw 4 picks and none were his fault.

According to Troy: The 3rd down play to Hixon where he was tackled immediately was Eli's fault (poorly thrown ball) along with the pass where Cruz got popped.

Javelin390
10-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Dont post much at all but had to here, I noticed right away today with Aikman and Bren, Aikman is usually fair but today it felt like he was grinding his teeth with every bad cowboy turnover, you can sense Bren wasn't enjoying either with moments of silence from both, it was a huge game for the cowboys and both were biased today, I though Bren was a Giants fan, I could be wrong, not that it matters.

Definitely! It was especially evident early in the game and I just felt like mentioning it!

Harooni
10-28-2012, 11:48 PM
i think aikmen is fair, and he made good points, Dez was clearly dawging it on routes and returns. when romo went to austin or whitten he didnt have those same issues. both those guys run nice crisp routes and play hard.

mike kennedy
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Still would rather have Aikman than Collinsworth. Aikman will call the good and the bad on Eli. And, to be honest, Eli wasn't all that spectacular (although a lot of it was receivers dropping balls hit on the numbers).

Good point, how true!

giantfan1976
10-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Yeah... nothing funnier than Troy Aikman defending EVERY Romo interception he threw. Then Eli throws a ball that hits VC in stride, in the hands, it gets tipped up to the CB and he says "the ball got away from Eli". I've always been in the minority with believing that Troy Aikman actually does a good job of calling Giants' games, but I guess I don't remember how he does when they play the Cowboys. I know now.

FlyingTruck
10-28-2012, 11:57 PM
You must be new here.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 11:58 PM
maybe 1 int was romo's fault, one was a fourth down try rather than throw it away deal. the other two were his wr's dogging it and confusion about the routes they were suppose to run. Eli's ball was high and behind him, cruz did all he could to try and get it in.

berya
10-29-2012, 12:01 AM
What in God's name are you people talking about?
Aikman is the furthest thing from biased

+1. Some of you are just tripping understandably so because of what went down on the field. But this man speaks the truth Aikman is the furthest thing from biased as it gets. Even though I hated him when he was a cowboy he can do a Giants game any time he wants as far as I'm concerned, even if it's against the cowboys. He is a damn fine announcer and very professional IMO.

bearbryant
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Both of those momos were prejudiced. If you don't think so I wouldn't take your advice on anything. Your judgement/ assessment abilities are poor. Today, Aikman was particularly biased... Damn, it's his team out there. What do you expect?

P_Simms_#11
10-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Normally I don't have a problem with Aikman, but he was in full Cowboys homer mode today.

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:32 AM
come on guys you all think the announcers, refs, espn and nfl network are against us. Aikmen made some great points as usual, buck sometimes is hard on Eli but not aikmen.

GMenNY21
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm fine with Aikman but Brennaman should not be announcing Giants game anymore. It's appeared to me he was rooting for the cowboys.+1 . He made it too obvious

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 07:06 AM
come on guys you all think the announcers, refs, espn and nfl network are against us. Aikmen made some great points as usual, buck sometimes is hard on Eli but not aikmen.

I don't think ANY announcers are against us and I defend Aikman all the time, haven't had an honest complaint about him in years - but this game he had some bias.

GCGiant
10-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Look...they were obviously pulling for the Cowboys. There should be no debate about that and I don't think they were even trying to hide it.

A couple of comments, though. It seems that a new rule has been put into the rulebook allowing people to hold VC's arms down when he is trying to catch a pass. I see it happen on numerous occasions and no calls for some reason.

Secondly...if I were Troy's wife, I would be checking to see where he spent the night before. Based on the way his eyes were blood-shot, I'm thinking he may have spent the night with Zoey De(whatever), who had the same eyes while singing the SSB at the WS the other night.

Rat_bastich
10-29-2012, 07:39 AM
I've been watching Aikman closely the last few games to see if what the boarders accuse him of is warranted and I found that he gives the Giants alot of props. He even goes out of his way sometimes and seems to be aware of his perceived bias so much so that sometimes it seems he hesitates to criticize them. But, when the Giants barely pull off a win I don't see the problem with him tearing them apart.

nhpgiantsfan
10-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Aikman's analysis of Amukamara was way off today too. He was actually using what Reese said about him before the season started and turning it into a negative of his play currently. Prince has been having a great season and as an announcer he lost instant credibility by saying he hasn't been performing well. Prince hasn't given up a TD this season and is ranked in the top 10 for CB's this year against QB completion%.

I think Troy was completely fair. Prince deserved anything he got yesterday. Austin owned him. Troy ripped the Giants when they deserved it and gave them plenty of credit also, when they deserved it.

Prince was having a good season, but yesterday he deserved whatever was said about him, along with the rest of the CB's.

Signature NYG
10-29-2012, 07:58 AM
My only knock on aikman us that he refuses to give prince any credit. Calling him inconsistent and injury prone etc he has been great all year. Brennaman was terrible though. I mean I have never seen an announcer less excited about an opening drive pass play for 50 yards in my life. My friends who is a Bengals fan was like lol announcer didn't even care

miked1958
10-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Aikman was gushing harder than usual today.Aikman to me is a homer when it comes to dallas games and romo. Simms on the other hand doesnt give the giants any slack or act like he is rooting for them the few times he announces games

titwio
10-29-2012, 06:30 PM
I think Troy was completely fair. Prince deserved anything he got yesterday. Austin owned him. Troy ripped the Giants when they deserved it and gave them plenty of credit also, when they deserved it.

Prince was having a good season, but yesterday he deserved whatever was said about him, along with the rest of the CB's.

Aikman was talking about Prince's season though...not yesterdays game. He was saying Prince has been inconsistent and that teams knew it and were going after him. (Which couldn't be further from the truth this year...he's been the Giants best and MOST consistent CB this season and the quietest name mentioned in the secondary in terms of targets)

Also I re-watched the game and Austin was covered a lot by Hosley too as well as Prince and Web. Amukamara got beat 1 time bad and had a couple of bad penalties...(as well as Hosley) Other than that though he blanketed him pretty well. Romo threw the ball 66 times which is a ridiculous stat. I'm pretty sure the secondary was gassed which Troy seemed to point out by saying Prince looked out of breath. He was right in that instance but his overall analysis was way off on his play thus far this year.

mrg3
10-29-2012, 06:55 PM
I thought Aikman is good, a little more biased during the Dallas Come back than Usual. Brenneman was horrible. Simms is doing the Steeler game this week. Im sure he will be for the Giants.

Captain Chaos
10-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I did puke in my mouth once, it was when Canty's sack got called back. They said that it was a good call, it was borderline at best and I thought he was inside the 5 yd bump zone...

burier
10-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Ailkman was especially annoying. I know he's a cowboy but it seemed like he had money on the game. I didn't notice the other guy.

TheAnalyst
10-30-2012, 10:47 AM
I find it funny when Aikman makes excuse after excuse for Romo throwing picks, and then says Eli's WRs make him look better. Aikman shouldn't even be a HOF QB.