PDA

View Full Version : Gillbride ever heard of a slant

rickb30
10-28-2012, 08:08 PM
This is ridiculous this game should of been over in the 1st half no adjustments at all as usual

Giantslb66
10-28-2012, 08:18 PM
He has to have seen those. every team runs them with no problem against us!

SweetZombieJesus
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Slants are considered a trick play, much like the hb screen

giant-4-life
10-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Geez Gilbride ticks me off when he stinks.

rickb30
10-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Geez Gilbride ticks me off when he stinks. I just don't understand this play calling at all sometimes...If it always works against us how bout we give it a shot And what the hell is up with nicks he can't catch a cold anymore

BlueSanta
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
People who think Gilbride calls specific routes havent done their research.

giantsforce
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM
People who think Gilbride calls specific routes havent done their research.So what does Killdrive do other than Kill Drives? Why are we so inept from inside the 30?

BlueSanta
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM
So what does Killdrive do other than Kill Drives? Why are we so inept from inside the 30?

engineers 2 superbowl winning drives?

yea, nuff said.

giantsforce
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM
This is ridiculous this game should of been over in the 1st half no adjustments at all as usualNot Killdrive's problem since Coughlin lets him get away with ****. But then again Coughlin could call anything right either or put in field the right personnel.

Toadofsteel
10-28-2012, 09:10 PM

yea, nuff said.

Eli does that from the no huddle...

Cloud57
10-28-2012, 09:11 PM

This

giantsforce
10-28-2012, 09:15 PM

yea, nuff said.What? Yeah right! He engineered the winning drives by telling Eli to play Houdini and escape the sack and then chuck it down to Tyree and then he told Tyree to put stickum on his helmet to catch the ball. And if you believe that you should invest in a bridge that I have for sale somewhere in Brooklyn. How about the fact that we cannot score TD's from inside the 30? If it is players that not executing then get the right players in, or call a play that is up to the capabilities of the players that you have in. This argument with the 2 SB's is getting old and weak. The fact remains that we cannot score inside the 30 and that makes it easier for the other teams to come back on us.

BlueSanta
10-28-2012, 09:16 PM

You mean Eli's runs Gilbride's offense? Yea that was my point in the 1st place. Thank you for proving my point for me.

Gilbride does not call specific routes on plays.

joemorrisforprez
This is ridiculous this game should of been over in the 1st half no adjustments at all as usual

My favorite is when he calls a 20 yard pass attempt on 3rd and 1.

Captain Chaos
Seems like the NFC East has our number, time for a little change of pace, ya think!

BlueSanta
What? Yeah right! He engineered the winning drives by telling Eli to play Houdini and escape the sack and then chuck it down to Tyree and then he told Tyree to put stickum on his helmet to catch the ball. And if you believe that you should invest in a bridge that I have for sale somewhere in Brooklyn. How about the fact that we cannot score TD's from inside the 30? If it is players that not executing then get the right players in, or call a play that is up to the capabilities of the players that you have in. This argument with the 2 SB's is getting old and weak. The fact remains that we cannot score inside the 30 and that makes it easier for the other teams to come back on us.

so the players get credit for the good plays and the coaches get credit for the bad ones? Yea, your not biased.

giantsforce
Eli does that from the no huddle...Nah, this guy does not understand this. His head is up Killdrive's *** so far that he breaths methane and his faculties are clouded.

giantsforce
10-28-2012, 09:20 PM
so the players get credit for the good plays and the coaches get credit for the bad ones? Yea, your not biased.No every body gets credit for great plays. But the coaches do not get a pass when they call plays that give the game away. When we need 10 yards and they design a draw of a pass that gets you 4, it does not cut it. Where were the slants today, or the screen passes? Dallas was stacking the box to stop the run and we did not even see a screen pass. Do you blame the players for that or the coaches?

giantsforce
10-28-2012, 09:21 PM
My favorite is when he calls a 20 yard pass attempt on 3rd and 1.And it is so predictable! He never fails to call it.

BlueSanta
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
No every body gets credit for great plays. But the coaches do not get a pass when they call plays that give the game away. When we need 10 yards and they design a draw of a pass that gets you 4, it does not cut it. Where were the slants today, or the screen passes? Dallas was stacking the box to stop the run and we did not even see a screen pass. Do you blame the players for that or the coaches?

You call him "killdrive" yet he has the 2 most clutch drives in franchise history under his belt.

Obviously, it was a bad game. But sometimes it is the players fault too. Stop being a "blame Gilbride" robot. Our Oline was losing the tranches battle and our WRs were outphysicaled today.

I agree there are plays i would have liked to seen, but hindsight is always 20/20. Sometimes when the line gets outplayed and the WRs get outplayed it is not the OC's fault. Sometimes, it is the players fault and today is 1 of those days. Nobody was getting open, and nobody was sustaining blocks at all.