PDA

View Full Version : Corey Webster Needs to be Benched!

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Week after week this guy gets picked on. Honestly, when the season started, I thought Prince would've been goat, but he is played really really well. But it seems like CW is playing one of his seasons ever. I would like to see him benched. He gets burned on 90% of ball thrown his way and then looks for a flag from the refs. I would like to see one of the younger guys playing in his place. We are already giving up big plays on his side of the field, so I don't think replacing him would make a difference to our defense. I would like to see Coe or Hosley in his place.

Would you bench CW or not? If so, who would you replace him with.

ALLnygIN
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Coe absoluetly not, Hosley yes, despite a few peneltys he really played well.

BillTheGreek
10-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Coe absoluetly not, Hosley yes, despite a few peneltys he really played well.

Lets Talk about this !

ALLnygIN
10-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Lets Talk about this !

oh come on.. you know Hosley is waayyy better than Coe. lol

Cloud57
10-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Week after week this guy gets picked on. Honestly, when the season started, I thought Prince would've been goat, but he is played really really well. But it seems like CW is playing one of his seasons ever. I would like to see him benched. He gets burned on 90% of ball thrown his way and then looks for a flag from the refs. I would like to see one of the younger guys playing in his place. We are already giving up big plays on his side of the field, so I don't think replacing him would make a difference to our defense. I would like to see Coe or Hosley in his place.

you replace him with someone from the draft next season

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 09:06 PM

Lol, I am indifferent either way. CW hasn't played one good game this season. Anyone who replaces this guy would be an upgrade to me.

giantsfan420
10-28-2012, 09:06 PM
how did webster buy the double move on the hand mary??? like he almost cost us the game with the most ******ed play ever

NYFG
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Apparently he is dealing with a hamstring problem and isn't 100%

fizzlesticks
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM

Did you watch the game?

nhpgiantsfan
10-28-2012, 09:08 PM

Did you watch Prince today. He had no shot against Austin. 3 receivers with 100 yards. The entire secondary sucked today. Hosley was just as bad. He committed those penalties because he was getting beat.

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM
you replace him with someone from the draft next season

Hosley was getting hosed on many of the holding call today. The refs were calling penalties on Hosley jamming Austin within 5 yds from the line of scrimmage. I believe many of the calls against were phantom. I think Hosley would do a decent job.

tonyt830
10-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Coe absoluetly not, Hosley yes, despite a few peneltys he really played well.Hosley may be a better CB than Coe, but Hosley showed that he is a rookie. He could not handle Austin for the most part, and when he tried he was getting flagged.

Oh and to answer the OP, Webster is just avg at best, and it really is showing this season. I hope I am wrong and he steps it up for the Giants, but for the most part, he does not need to be re-signed by the Giants when his contract is up.

ALLnygIN
10-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Did you watch the game?

Yeah i watched it.. he gave up a few plays small ones...a couple stupid penalties.. but didn't webster give up some stuff?, oh right he did, and almost cost us the game, your point..

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Did you watch Prince today. He had no shot against Austin. 3 receivers with 100 yards. The entire secondary sucked today. Hosley was just as bad. He committed those penalties because he was getting beat.

Have you seen the 7 previous games CW played. Can you honestly say that the CW is playing on the same level as Prince? CW does absolutely nothing week in and week out. He is getting killed. Mils Austin and Dez Bryant are top flight receivers, don't try to down play how talented those guys are. I am talking about the entire season of play. Not just tonight. CW isn't cutting it.

ALLnygIN
10-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Have you seen the 7 previous games CW played. Can you honestly say that the CW is playing on the same level as Prince? CW does absolutely nothing week in and week out. He is getting killed. Mils Austin and Dez Bryant are top flight receivers, don't try to down play how talented those guys are. I am talking about the entire season of play. Not just tonight. CW isn't cutting it.

this is true.

jonnyhaze
10-28-2012, 09:34 PM
We can't even bench Webster even if we wanted to. He is the best press corner we have. Prince and Hosley have not developed that part of their game yet. Today I thought Prince and especially Hosley were getting flagged for ticky-tack violations.

dezzzR
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Its not just webster. Everyone besides Brown played poorly in the secondary. This has been going on for a long time.

nhpgiantsfan
10-28-2012, 09:43 PM

Oh I agree about CW all year. I am just not gonna call out one guy today because they were all so bad. My real concern is that this was the first real talented receiver group that I have seen Prince go against this year.

TroyArcher
10-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Coe!!! You have got to be kidding. He is the absolute worst. He makes Elvis Patterson look like Revis.

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
We can't even bench Webster even if we wanted to. He is the best press corner we have. Prince and Hosley have not developed that part of their game yet. Today I thought Prince and especially Hosley were getting flagged for ticky-tack violations.

I think you met to say the most experienced. Not the best. CW gets kill on majority of pass thrown his way.

I do agree that there were many BS calls. The flag that refs picked up at the end of the game was a clear example of that. Prince is usually lock step with the guys that is covering. CW constantly blow coverages and look to blame the refs for his mishaps. Crying for flags and all.

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Coe!!! You have got to be kidding. He is the absolute worst. He makes Elvis Patterson look like Revis.

Lmao. That was funny. Coe isn't bad at all. He is going to be a good player.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Oh I agree about CW all year. I am just not gonna call out one guy today because they were all so bad. My real concern is that this was the first real talented receiver group that I have seen Prince go against this year.

I still think that Fewell throws so many twists into the coverage scheme that it hurts us as often as it helps us. I beleive the end of lst season he simplified things and just let them play, and the defense got a lot better all of a sudden. Too often we're seeing guys passing a receiver off to someone else, and the problem is the other guy isn't there, so the receiver runs free.

Redeyejedi
10-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Coe!!! You have got to be kidding. He is the absolute worst. He makes Elvis Patterson look like Revis.I like Coe but thats hilarious

Roosevelt
10-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Apparently he is dealing with a hamstring problem and isn't 100%

All season?