PDA

View Full Version : Gillbride's "game plan" was just bizarre today. No other way to describe it.

ToomerFORtheBomb
12-19-2011, 03:10 AM
You can talk about execution all you want and to a certain extent I may agree with you.

but not today

What could possibly be the explanation for what we saw today???

The run game is averaging 6 yards a pop, he abandons it early on.

Then it's down field, down field down field. It becomes quickly evident that it's not working but does he make even the slightest adjustment? NOPE

This "game plan" Killbride somehow dreamed up was like watching an 11 year old play Madden on Xbox and just pick the hail mary over and over again.

How could anyone defend this? I think the guy has lost his mind.

Firenugget
12-19-2011, 06:22 AM
When I clicked this I was all set to disagree with you. But you have a really valid point. Even after Eli was 0 for 6 or whatever he was, Gilbride could have and should have had some short passing to get this offense in some kind of rhythm. The point about the running game is valid also, I have no idea what happened there.

If this team doesn't go 2-0 these last two weeks and make some noise in the playoffs, I'm ready for a wholesale coaching change.

BlueJayC
12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
When I clicked this I was all set to disagree with you. But you have a really valid point. Even after Eli was 0 for 6 or whatever he was, Gilbride could have and should have had some short passing to get this offense in some kind of rhythm. The point about the running game is valid also, I have no idea what happened there.

If this team doesn't go 2-0 these last two weeks and make some noise in the playoffs, I'm ready for a wholesale coaching change.
</P>

Eli pretty much gave Gilbride up in his post-game yesterday.....said they prepped for things all week that they didn't see at all.......that falls on coaching right? And if that's the case you make adjustments.....they didn't.Checkhis post-game interviewin the media section.</P>

Difference was the Redskins were calling plays to pick up 3rd and 17's......3rd and 14's......3rd and 12's.......the Giants were calling plays on 3rd and 17 to pick up 5 yards......a Manningham screen pass a yard behind the line?!?!?!? I'm done with KG......</P>

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I was just scratching my head at the play calling...I was like...are you kidding me?

Kase-1
12-19-2011, 10:01 AM
4th qtr, down by 13, under a minute left to go, let's RUN THE BALL

Is Killdrive a closet iggles or cows fan!?!?!?!

With under a minute left and down by 2 tds in the 4th, abandon the run and air it out so we can get some dignity points

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 10:03 AM
You can talk about execution all you want and to a certain extent I may agree with you.

but not today

What could possibly be the explanation for what we saw today???

The run game is averaging 6 yards a pop, he abandons it early on.

Then it's down field, down field down field. It becomes quickly evident that it's not working but does he make even the slightest adjustment? NOPE

This "game plan" Killbride somehow dreamed up was like watching an 11 year old play Madden on Xbox and just pick the hail mary over and over again.

How could anyone defend this? I think the guy has lost his mind.

KG started calling a lot of pass plays once we were down 3 scores?

I'm aghast!

P.S. - This one is on the players.

P.P.S. - That and Fewell sucks.

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 10:03 AM
We came out and threw the ball 3 times on the first drive... 3 and out... Then they knew we were going to run the ball the next drive out...
I think the WRs cost us that game alone... Eli threw some perfect balls and the WRs just couldnt catch...

Bottomline KK is just horrible...

Every WR route is over 15 yards... 3rd down we throw the ball long EVERY time... Guy is a freakin joke..

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 10:17 AM

</p>

Eli pretty much gave Gilbride up in his post-game yesterday.....said they prepped for things all week that they didn't see at all.......that falls on coaching right? And if that's the case you make adjustments.....they didn't.Checkhis post-game interviewin the media section.</p>

Difference was the Redskins were calling plays to pick up 3rd and 17's......3rd and 14's......3rd and 12's.......the Giants were calling plays on 3rd and 17 to pick up 5 yards......a Manningham screen pass a yard behind the line?!?!?!? I'm done with KG......</p>

The only time we'll throw down field for 17 or more yards on 3rd down is when we need only 3 or 4 yards for a first.

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
We came out and threw the ball 3 times on the first drive... 3 and out... Then they knew we were going to run the ball the next drive out...
I think the WRs cost us that game alone... Eli threw some perfect balls and the WRs just couldnt catch...

Every WR route is over 15 yards... 3rd down we throw the ball long EVERY time... Guy is a freakin joke..

You do realize that coming into the game we were the 7th ranked offense in the NFL right?

That and KG's offense has put up more points then any two previous OCs combined?

You armchair guys kill me.

BlueJayC
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM

</P>

Eli pretty much gave Gilbride up in his post-game yesterday.....said they prepped for things all week that they didn't see at all.......that falls on coaching right? And if that's the case you make adjustments.....they didn't.Checkhis post-game interviewin the media section.</P>

Difference was the Redskins were calling plays to pick up 3rd and 17's......3rd and 14's......3rd and 12's.......the Giants were calling plays on 3rd and 17 to pick up 5 yards......a Manningham screen pass a yard behind the line?!?!?!? I'm done with KG......</P>

The only time we'll throw down field for 17 or more yards on 3rd down is when we need only 3 or 4 yards for a first.

</P>

Ha! Hysterical....and sadly it's also the truth.</P>

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 10:26 AM

You do realize that coming into the game we were the 7th ranked offense in the NFL right?

That and KG's offense has put up more points then any two previous OCs combined?

I guess if having that stat is good for you thats cool... Id rather win games... Most of those points and yards are stat padders... Please tell me what we do when the D gets us the ball two times int he first QTR yesterday and what does this top 7 O do???

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 10:38 AM

I guess if having that stat is good for you thats cool... Id rather win games... Most of those points and yards are stat padders... Please tell me what we do when the D gets us the ball two times int he first QTR yesterday and what does this top 7 O do???

I'm not sure it's physically possible to know less about football.

GiantsYanks
12-19-2011, 10:49 AM

although I agree KG and ELI have a special relationship and that they put up some gaudy #s sometimes but theres no way you can sit there honestly give KG a free pass just because the offense is ranked 7th. I don't care if you're ranked #1 if you draw up a game plan like that you deserved to get some of the criticism. The WRs dropping all those passes didnt help either but come on man why would you abandon the run so easily when its been doing good the last 2 weeks. Especially the 1st drive..3 straight passes? I was at the game yesterday and some of the plays calls had everyone sitting next to me scratching their heads.

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM

I'm not sure it's physically possible to know less about football.

LOL... I dont have to eat the whole cow to tell you its beef... That I do know... I know enough and see enough to know that stats dont mean crap... Your a stat boy thats cool.. They are not winning us games...

barran21
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
<font color="#FF0000">Don't you know? it went all according to the NFL script, Giants wasn't the only team to drop a game against weaker opponent, it happen a lot yesterday... </font>

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM

although I agree KG and ELI have a special relationship and that they put up some gaudy #s sometimes but theres no way you can sit there honestly give KG a free pass just because the offense is ranked 7th.* I don't care if you're ranked #1 if you draw up a game plan like that you deserved to get some of the criticism.* The WRs dropping all those passes didnt help either but come on man why would you abandon the run so easily when its been doing good the last 2 weeks.* Especially the 1st drive..3 straight passes? I was at the game yesterday and some of the plays calls had everyone sitting next to me scratching their heads.

I should know better than to try and argue a point after a bad loss to the carbuncles of the football world but ...

1) Nicks drops an easy TD grab in the beginning of the game.

2) Nicks has another TD called back on a holding call.

3) Manningham breaks off a fade (result: int)

4) Several other key drops

Does this happen all the time? No.

Answer: Players had a bad day.

If it happened all of the time, then you can start to blame coaching (which is why I think Fewell stinks as a DC).

Another point ... we're Giants fans. We follow Giants' games week in and week out. Of course we know all of the plays. We'd say the samething about any team we watched that much.

Yes KG does have his head scratching calls ... but on the flipside of that, half of the "bad" calls attributed to KG are actually audibled to by Eli.

KG is a good coordinator. Whether you like his approach or not is regardless ... he produces an offense that scores more then enough points to win week in and week out, year after year. At the end of the day, that's all you can ask your OC to do.

You may now resume your intellectually devoid rambling of a bad loss.

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 11:45 AM

although I agree KG and ELI have a special relationship and that they put up some gaudy #s sometimes but theres no way you can sit there honestly give KG a free pass just because the offense is ranked 7th.* I don't care if you're ranked #1 if you draw up a game plan like that you deserved to get some of the criticism.* The WRs dropping all those passes didnt help either but come on man why would you abandon the run so easily when its been doing good the last 2 weeks.* Especially the 1st drive..3 straight passes? I was at the game yesterday and some of the plays calls had everyone sitting next to me scratching their heads.

I should know better than to try and argue a point after a bad loss to the carbuncles of the football world but ...

1) Nicks drops an easy TD grab in the beginning of the game.

2) Nicks has another TD called back on a holding call.

3) Manningham breaks off a fade (result: int)

4) Several other key drops

Does this happen all the time? No.

Answer: Players had a bad day.

If it happened all of the time, then you can start to blame coaching (which is why I think Fewell stinks as a DC).

Another point ... we're Giants fans. We follow Giants' games week in and week out. Of course we know all of the plays. We'd say the samething about any team we watched that much.

Yes KG does have his head scratching calls ... but on the flipside of that, half of the "bad" calls attributed to KG are actually audibled to by Eli.

KG is a good coordinator. Whether you like his approach or not is regardless ... he produces an offense that scores more then enough points to win week in and week out, year after year. At the end of the day, that's all you can ask your OC to do.

You may now resume your intellectually devoid rambling of a bad loss.

Degrade us all you want... Bottomline your 7th ranked O was garbage yesterday all around and didnt do crap to win... Call it what you like... Im not blaming 1 person the O lost us that game yesterday... Endastory

JMFP2
12-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Everyone had a hand in yesterday's defeat, including Gilbride.

As OP stated, the running game was working, but abandoned in favor of a low-percentage passing attack.

And even when those plays worked, the receivers dropped the pass, or batted the pass for an INT.

The end zone corner fade was a predictable call, and misplayed by Manningham....it's still Eli's pick, though.

The same running plays that worked for Jacobs and the OL against Dallas were working against the Redskins.

Both our coordinators like to outthink themselves, instead of going with what the players are best at. And that's why they got their tails kicked.

Blue58
12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Maybe we can get old man Ryan to pop him in the chops again!

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Everyone had a hand in yesterday's defeat, including Gilbride.

As OP stated, the running game was working, but abandoned in favor of a low-percentage passing attack.

And even when those plays worked, the receivers dropped the pass, or batted the pass for an INT.

The end zone corner fade was a predictable call, and misplayed by Manningham....it's still Eli's pick, though.

The same running plays that worked for Jacobs and the OL against Dallas were working against the Redskins.

Both our coordinators like to outthink themselves, instead of going with what the players are best at. And that's why they got their tails kicked.

+1