PDA

View Full Version : Inability to score TDs in the redzone has been exposed.

SuperNYGiants
10-28-2012, 09:18 PM
If this game vs. Dallas isn't an example of how inept the offense is in scoring TDs inside the redzone, I don't know what is.

The problem doesn't stop there, this offense also has a problem converting 3rd and short.

And the last problem is getting that crucial 1st down to seal the game, I mean just how many times are the Cowboys getting a chance after chance? It made me sick to the stomach that the so-called clutch Eli can't even get a 1st down to seal the game.

The game after a 23 point lead also was called incredibly conservative, if there's a time to be aggressive, it's when you have a 23 point lead, but what does Gilbride do? He plays dead, and Dallas gets back into the game. This is truly a worst display of play-calling I've ever seen.

If it was any other team than Dallas, I have no doubt that Giants lost this game, and they almost did, any homer fan who actually could celebrate this win without feeling lucky should just punch themselves in the face.

Pittsburgh is going to kill the Giants.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:19 PM
NOBODY COMMENT ON THIS POST, HE'S A TROLL YES, I KNOW I JUST COMMENTED.

jomo
10-28-2012, 09:21 PM
If this game vs. Dallas isn't an example of how inept the offense is in scoring TDs inside the redzone, I don't know what is.

The problem doesn't stop there, this offense also has a problem converting 3rd and short.

And the last problem is getting that crucial 1st down to seal the game, I mean just how many times are the Cowboys getting a chance after chance? It made me sick to the stomach that the so-called clutch Eli can't even get a 1st down to seal the game.

The game after a 23 point lead also was called incredibly conservative, if there's a time to be aggressive, it's when you have a 23 point lead, but what does Gilbride do? He plays dead, and Dallas gets back into the game. This is truly a worst display of play-calling I've ever seen.

If it was any other team than Dallas, I have no doubt that Giants lost this game, and they almost did, any homer fan who actually could celebrate this win without feeling lucky should just punch themselves in the face.

Pittsburgh is going to kill the Giants.That's the attitude we like around here.

giantsfan420
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
they played exactly like u said they needed to sny, they ran the ball a ton and tried being a ball control offense. if anything, todays game just shows how moronic your stance was previously

SuperNYGiants
10-28-2012, 09:27 PM
That's the attitude we like around here.
Don't blame me for being a realist, but after seeing that the game is at home, I'd say the game will be close, but if they keep settling for FGs, forget about it.

Manning
10-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I though playcallin was horrific

TheBookOfEli
10-28-2012, 09:30 PM
so called Clutch-Eli?

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE YOUNG MAN!

Diamondring
I hate to say this but I have to agree with you on this one. I got on you in the past but I will give credit where it is due. The Giants should have scored 50 points. Where are the crosssing routes?

JayMas9
I think our red zone passing game needs a lot of work. But I trust them to figure it out.

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I think our red zone passing game needs a lot of work. But I trust them to figure it out.I hope so I want that repeat.

SuperNYGiants
10-28-2012, 09:34 PM
they played exactly like u said they needed to sny, they ran the ball a ton and tried being a ball control offense. if anything, todays game just shows how moronic your stance was previously
What you blame it on also had a 23 point lead as well, you have to give Dallas some credit for coming back, and Eli wasn't on his game, which ultimately made the game closer than it should've been, Gilbride is simply not a good play-caller, and it gets magnified when Eli struggles. Gilbride is absolutely horrible.

BigBlue1971
10-28-2012, 09:34 PM
for me it was a great win! it shows that again almost the same as last week our A-game was nonexistent on both sides of the ball.

however if we can win with lackluster performances in the last games it shows me we can face adversity and still win!

na i didn think they played that great thats why it was a great win.

they won!

ozzie0075
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
With the exception of today the Steelers have played poorly all season. They have lost too Oakland and Tennessee. It should be a very good competitive game. They are fairly weak and old defensively and their o-line struggles to protect Ben at times. If both teams play their best game the Giants should win.

PETEY006
10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Do you think the Giants would benefit a bit if we start playing a wildcat offense in the Redzone ?

Guys like Tebow and RG3 are dangerous in the redzone b/c of teh ability to run and pass.
Maybe we can draft a guy like Collin Klein from K-State...

just my 2 cent

BParcells777
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Giants need to use Brown, and use screens in the red zone.....no not Stevie Brown.....the other Brown- Andre

SuperNYGiants
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Do you think the Giants would benefit a bit if we start playing a wildcat offense in the Redzone ?

Guys like Tebow and RG3 are dangerous in the redzone b/c of teh ability to run and pass.
Maybe we can draft a guy like Collin Klein from K-State...

just my 2 cent
Gimmick plays don't last for long in NFL.

And as inept as Eli has been in the redzone, taking out the franchise QB to run wildcat is not a good idea.

I wouldn't draft a QB for the next 4 years for that matter.

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Giants need to use Brown, and use screens in the red zoneSo right. We need playaction runs like a fake pass and handout.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Bradshaw is part of the problem, he's worthless in the red zone. Coughlin needs to get Brown in there more. Also, Cruz didn't show up today, Nicks wasn't 100%, regardless of what he says, and Bennett did drop a pass in there too. Eli has also been off the last two weeks. I'm really disturbed by keeping Andre Brown on the bench so much, makes no sense whatsoever. He came out and ran a couple nice runs today, then he was put back on the shelf, I just don't get it.

GFiP
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
The Giants O wasn't only bad in the red zone, they were just bad all around. I don't blame the defense much because they were on the field so much. Our offense couldn't string together 1st downs if their lives depended on it.

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM

I always look forward to your positive posts

PETEY006
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I dont' think we used play action once in this game... there was a couple times we could've used it effectively

SuperNYGiants
10-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Bradshaw is part of the problem, he's worthless in the red zone. Coughlin needs to get Brown in there more. Also, Cruz didn't show up today, Nicks wasn't 100%, regardless of what he says, and Bennett did drop a pass in there too. Eli has also been off the last two weeks. I'm really disturbed by keeping Andre Brown on the bench so much, makes no sense whatsoever. He came out and ran a couple nice runs today, then he was put back on the shelf, I just don't get it.
As much as I have been a faithful supporter of Bradshaw, he looked a step slow today and didn't have that burst, I would have sit him out this week especially knowing that he didn't practice much. The o-line wasn't opening much of any running lanes either to be fair. I'm open to Brown running the ball more now.

ashnjj
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
I registered to post to this threadThis post is all truth...truth is hard to hear sometimes.Not be able to score touchdowns in the redzone ....hard to watch.

tonyt830
10-28-2012, 10:00 PM
I will take the win and thank goodness Tynes has been as good as he has this year, but I would like to see more of those redzone trips turned into TDs. Some people may say its the playcalling and others would say its execution. To me, its a little of both. The main thing is we keep the redzone turnovers to a minimum and get the 3 when the 7 is not there.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 10:38 PM
would he still be called a troll if dez pinky was one inch inside the white line? just wondering, that is how close this game was.

brad
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
You can't judge an entire season on a single game... they were bad today, no question about it. However, they are 6-2 with a ball-hawking defense that will give the offense plenty of chances to score. The offense has struggled, and they have yet to come up with a game plan to help the receivers with aggressive DBs, but I believe that they will. I am certainly not going to give up on them, especially when they are 6-2!

GMAN2K9
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
This offense needs a shot in the arm... like what i saw from Randle... i wanna see more. Good hands,speed, and body to shield off physical defenders

Harooni
10-28-2012, 10:56 PM
It started vs skins, you can see Big Ben came out 4 drives in a row and scored on them. then rode the win out.

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 10:58 PM
we gotta play better next week.

Kez Simpson
10-28-2012, 10:59 PM
It started vs skins, you can see Big Ben came out 4 drives in a row and scored on them. then rode the win out.

Redskins don't have our pass rush, don't see that happening next week.

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 11:03 PM
They have not been good in the red zone all year. This is really nothing new.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-28-2012, 11:23 PM

I agree. Brown adds a dimension to our running game that Bradshaw doesn't. They need to split carries with a little bit of Wilson sprinkled in. Keeping Brown on the bench really pissed me off today.

ImElectric2
10-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Since when is it news that we have trouble doing what teams with a good oline can do (ie short yardage and redzone)? Our line has played better as of late but we still aren't that great up front. There's a reason people were screaming for ol the past 3 drafts. This year in particular we were thin going into the year and didnt do anything to upgrade (locklear = maintaing, not upgrading).

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 11:27 PM

It wasn't "exposed" tonight, it was reaffirmed

Hessian
10-28-2012, 11:31 PM
What kinda car is that as your avatar?

Hessian
10-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Looks like a Porsche but could be a mazda

Hessian
10-28-2012, 11:34 PM
pretty sick ride either way

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 11:34 PM
It wasn't "exposed" tonight, it was reaffirmedThis. Unfortunately.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 11:36 PM
It wasn't "exposed" tonight, it was reaffirmed funny but at the same time not very funny.

Hessian
10-28-2012, 11:44 PM
funny but at the same time not very funny.
When non-divisionals rip our asses apart lets begin to fret a bit. You folks are a bunch of aluminum hat wearing mother ****ers. Harooni wishes for defeat. He is not a fan.

FlyingTruck
10-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Thought it would get better after we signed Bennet. Need to get him more involved down there.

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 11:53 PM
When non-divisionals rip our asses apart lets begin to fret a bit. You folks are a bunch of aluminum hat wearing mother ****ers. Harooni wishes for defeat. He is not a fan.

You need to ease up on the venom

Hessian
10-29-2012, 12:05 AM
funny but at the same time not very funny.<br>When non-divisionals rip our asses apart lets begin to fret a bit. You folks are a bunch of aluminum hat wearing mother ****ers. Harooni wishes for defeat. He is not a fan.

Hessian
10-29-2012, 12:08 AM
You need to ease up on the venom
was that venomous? My apologizes. You wonder why these boards are the way they are. I didn't pave this road. Your playing into the hands of ****suckery is questionable IMO but whatever. You Mod the way you like and get what you get.

Cloud57
10-29-2012, 12:32 AM
for one of the top offenses in the nfl and we are pathetic in the redzone

Jtuck
10-29-2012, 12:34 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Been saying this for that past few years now!

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:35 AM
<br>When non-divisionals rip our asses apart lets begin to fret a bit. You folks are a bunch of aluminum hat wearing mother ****ers. Harooni wishes for defeat. He is not a fan.

whoa there back it up a bit major payne, I said ill gladly take the W. only concerned with the slumping offense.

Hessian
10-29-2012, 01:20 AM
whoa there back it up a bit major payne, I said ill gladly take the W. only concerned with the slumping offense.
My bad and my apologizes but i still think you're a fraud :P

bearbryant
10-29-2012, 01:56 AM
Our inability to score in the red zone is mainly a function of 2 things: 1- This team goes where Eli goes& 2- This team goes where Eli goes. The last two games Eli has been off. His passes haven't been timely, precise or on target... all of the time. He hasn't been on the same page with some of his receivers> Nicks is coming off a long injury and he's trying to knock the rust off. Eli has miossed some slam dunk receptions that were reminders of him in year 2. So when you don't have a running game to go to this is what happens to your team: " Air Coughlin"! Don't point to the 2 games where we ran over a couple of teams that weren't prepared rightly. Hopefully Eli gets back on trackl and all will be better!