PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else concerned about the offense?

titwio
10-28-2012, 09:22 PM
The Giants snuck out a victory today in a game that should have been put away long before it got to it. I'll take the win BUT... since the second half of the 49ers game the offense hasn't moved the ball through the air. Eli only completed I think 2 passes that half after having over 170 yards in the 1st half and finishing with 193...Against the Redskins they were off again and if not for the late TD with a minute left the passing offense is left with only a couple of int's, no TD's and a loss...and against the Cowboys today the same thing. Romo had four Int's and the same QB rating as Eli with a 58.3.

I know the Giants won and that's all that matters but that's not what I'm asking here. I want to know if anyone has noticed the dip in the production, the play calling and more importantly...if anyone is concerned about it?

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
They have been bad in the red zone all year and Dallas has a very good defense. I'm just as concerned with the defense right now.

jaygoon
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
im not concerned one bit.

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 09:24 PM
We will have to wait for a while to see cause one game means nothing unless one may make a prediction.

ny06
10-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes and no. Look, division games are tough, but the concern I have is our red zone offense. We could of had this game over before the half, but kept on getting field goals instead of td's. I don't blame the play calling, I blame the execution.

titwio
10-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Also worth mentioning is in the last 3 games Eli has gone under 200 yards passing twice after after being the second player all time in consecutive 200 yard game streaks.

ELi Manning's TD/TO ratio is 12/8...Not exactly stellar when people here are talking MVP.

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes I am concerned there is no ..No reason ehy Eli shouldn't have more TD's and less int. KG has to realize this is a passing team now and you cannot run on 1st down everytime. We had the Cowboys down 23-0 and all the weapons we have we go on to score 6 points that is pathetic. Sometimes I wish Eli would just say screw KG I'm going to call what I want and I'm, going to go for the kill.

Drez
10-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes and no. Look, division games are tough, but the concern I have is our red zone offense. We could of had this game over before the half, but kept on getting field goals instead of td's. I don't blame the play calling, I blame the execution.
Yeah, the play calling wasn't bad overall (I have a couple complaints, but nothing too serious), but we just couldn't get things going today, even outside the red zone.

NYGabriel
10-28-2012, 09:31 PM
No.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm guessing because we can't run effectively, the pass isn't quite there..

Toadofsteel
10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Yeah, the play calling wasn't bad overall (I have a couple complaints, but nothing too serious), but we just couldn't get things going today, even outside the red zone.

Calling a Bradshaw run up the middle followed by a screen to Brown.
Calling a run on 3rd and long
Calling a deep ball on 3rd and short.
Run-Run-Pass

Play Calling on offense was TERRIBLE. Defense was semi-okay due to the sheer number of turnovers, although still gave up quite a few points. I'm happy to see PF blitz a little, even if it exposes the back end a little.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm concerned about why Bradshaw gets so much more time that Brown, when Brown runs harder.

And I'm concerned about why Victor Cruz plays so poorly against the Cowboys. His two worst games of the year were against them. He used to be a Cowboys fan as a kid, I wonder if he's intimidated when he plays them.

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Even the Panthers game they played not to lose but looked good doing it we are settling for far to many fg;'s this has to bother TC. I don't think it's the players I think it's the scheme. People will say oh we won 2 sb's with KG and we are 6-2 but if you have as many weapons as the Giants no defense should be able to stop them. I'll give Dallas credit but Cruz, Nicks, Bennett, Hixon, and Randle can't beat Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick....come on man there is something wrong with that and it's not the players.

titwio
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm guessing because we can't run effectively, the pass isn't quite there..

Yeah but last year they couldn't run the ball either and the pass game is what kept them in it. When teams give up 6 turnovers and you have the ball in the redzone 4 times and can't move the ball, also have the game come down to wire in a nail biter...something's definitely wrong.

dakotajoe
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm a lot more concerned about the defense. The play calling has been a lot more conservative lately which really limits production. Eli and the offense seem like they are at their best when the ball is being aired out and chances are taken down field.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah but last year they couldn't run the ball either and the pass game is what kept them in it. When teams give up 6 turnovers and you have the ball in the redzone 4 times and can't move the ball, also have the game come down to wire in a nail biter...Somethings wrong.Then it's playcalling.

VBGiantsFan
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm not concerned at all. The Cowboys brought in Rob Ryan to stop this offense the way the Jets brought in the Patriots. They have two excellent CB in a great defensive scheme. They will always play us tougher than probably any other team. Its the NFC EAST so I expect nothing less. The best way to beat this defense is screens and TEs in the middle against the blitz. We took everything the Boys had and still won.

Our offense is fine. We wont see another defense like this.

bill2000
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Mt biggest concern with this team is red zone offense. It was poor last year and I've not seen any improvement this year.

Cool Papa B.
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Was the offense exposed today, or did they have a bad game?

Watching the highlights, The Dallas secondary was very physical with our WRs that might have been the cause of some of the dropped balls.

titwio
I'm not concerned at all. The Cowboys brought in Rob Ryan to stop this offense the way the Jets brought in the Patriots. They have two excellent CB in a great defensive scheme. They will always play us tougher than probably any other team. Its the NFC EAST so I expect nothing less. The best way to beat this defense is screens and TEs in the middle against the blitz. We took everything the Boys had and still won.

Our offense is fine. We wont see another defense like this.

Yeah but what about the second half of the 49ers game, through to the Redskins game, up to now? Do you not see a trend in poor play? It's been pretty much the same result in each of those games...even without Rob Ryan.

BigBlue1971
im not concerned. when they start losing because of the offense is when i worry!

dezzzR
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
No Im not worried, but we need to get this running game going. The holes are there and Bradshaw is not hitting them. I hope we see more of Brown.

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah but what about the second half of the 49ers game, through to the Redskins game, up to now? Do you not see a trend in poor play?I do and it is very concerning to me. If the Giants offense does anything today that game isn't even close. It's almost as if KG wants us to lose honestly...people will blame the defense for letting them back init but when you go 3 and out time and time again bad things happen. This is KG's play calling 1st down run for no gain, 2 down run for 2yards ok let's Eli throw now on third and long I don't care who the qb is you are not going to have success doing that. To me you have to get Eli going early cause the run game just doesn't work the first half have make the defense chase the wr's and then go back to the running game in the 4th that is when most running yards are gain anyway. The Giants are holding on to this power football crap when they are not that team anymore. KG drew up a screen play to Brown...if your going to do that do it with Wilson and that direct snap to Bradshaw was a terrible call we are not a trick play team. URGG.... the play calling was terrible.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 09:56 PM
No Im not worried, but we need to get this running game going. The holes are there and Bradshaw is not hitting them. I hope we see more of Brown.

I agree, Bradshaw runs to the line of scrimmage, and could get four or five if he keeps going, instead he stops and takes a couple of sidesteps, then somebody nails him for no gain. He's also been pretty sloppy with the ball, I was worried he was going to fumble on the last possession, he was holding the ball away from his body. I definitely think Brown is the better back these days, and Wilson also seems to get yardage when he's given a chance. Wilson seems to squirt forward for three yeards more than you think he's going to get.

Roosevelt
10-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Calling a Bradshaw run up the middle followed by a screen to Brown.
Calling a run on 3rd and long
Calling a deep ball on 3rd and short.
Run-Run-Pass

Play Calling on offense was TERRIBLE. Defense was semi-okay due to the sheer number of turnovers, although still gave up quite a few points. I'm happy to see PF blitz a little, even if it exposes the back end a little.

That our MO. We go short on 3rd and long and long on 3rd and short, and when it works it's a no brainer for some.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 10:30 PM
There is enough tape to see how to stop our passing game, take away cruz's big play.

titwio
11-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Remember this thread?

Anyone else still not concerned....