PDA

View Full Version : Feels like a loss, most undeserving win ever

GFiP
10-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Romo's mistakes won this game for us. He was our best player.

And if Coughlin doesn't have the offense working on red zone plays for 95% of practice this week, he should be gone.

DaKraken
10-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Disagree....looks and feels like a win, but one that got way ugly and frankly caused most fans to age 10 years.

Two games up in the division with their schedule was crucial, and they got it done somehow. At the end of the year we won't remember anything else.

NYFG
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM

And if Coughlin doesn't have the offense working on red zone plays for 95% of practice this week, he should be gone.

That's ok. Good teams lose games like this. Great teams win...

armysgt

>6-2
>fire the coach

that's a good joke, and so are you

GFiP
Disagree....looks and feels like a win, but one that got way ugly and frankly caused most fans to age 10 years.

Two games up in the division with their schedule was crucial, and they got it done somehow. At the end of the year we won't remember anything else.

Outside of Romo's brain farts, can you tell me what this team did well today? Because I've got nothing.

Rudyy
I wouldn't call it undeserving.

We did not turn the ball over 6 times, and our defense did in fact step up, even though their receivers were eating them alive

Rudyy
Outside of Romo's brain farts, can you tell me what this team did well today? Because I've got nothing.Our defense came up with stops at the end.

Gimaniac
10-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Fire the waterboy

Ruttiger711
I never have this feeling of relief after a loss

Feel free to hang your head

GMenOnDeck
It not a brain fart its our defense making a play ..

nhpgiantsfan
10-28-2012, 08:38 PM
That's ok. Good teams lose games like this. Great teams win...

A great team would never get into the situation that we got ourselves into today..

BigBlue1971
10-28-2012, 08:38 PM
why does everyone consider this a bad game to win! i dont feel that way!

their performances on both sides of the ball was not great! but they won!

thats a good team! they still hold on even under the most adverse conditions!

alentown pa
10-28-2012, 08:40 PM

great points..keep up the good work, everyone enjoys reading your posts..thank you

steviebrownyo
10-28-2012, 08:40 PM
I said as soon as it ended it was the worst win I can remember.
Blow a 23 point lead. Blow a 4 minute drill. (with one minute left!!)
Blow preventing a hail mary and get bailed out by a fingernail.
I'll take it though. I'll take two of what you're having and all of what you got.

repeatchamps
10-28-2012, 08:41 PM
A great team would never get into the situation that we got ourselves into today..

6-2, Defending Super Bowl champs. Now go crawl back into your hole.

Championship teams win games like this all the time in today's NFL. Division games are tough. Dallas by far has the best defense in this division but thankfully their offense is a joke in big spots. The 6 turnovers were not gifts. They were all great plays by the Giants defense.

alentown pa
10-28-2012, 08:42 PM

I know you're not new here so....do you really have to ask that, we have some of the most miserable fans on the planet who post here lol....I'd hate to see how they are in their everyday life wtf.

GFiP
Our defense came up with stops at the end.

Our secondary gave a TD to Dez, he just made a huge mistake.

NYFG

No not really. There is a saying in soccer; "2-0 is the most dangerous score" because teams get complacent and sit back and let the other team back into the game. The exact same thing happened to us today.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 08:44 PM
It's a win closer to the bye week. If they get there with a good record, they're in pretty good shape. It was an ugly win; but they've lost games they played better, so I'm not going to complain.

FBomb
10-28-2012, 08:44 PM

If getting to 6-2 (4-0 in Dallas) against a HUGE division rival in their house feels like a loss to you......I think you maybe need to rethink your priorities. Or at the very least, smack yourself in the head with a brick.

And for the record......every game Dallas loses is USUALLY because of Rhomo's mistakes.

BigBlue1971
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I know you're not new here so....do you really have to ask that, we have some of the most miserable fans on the planet who post here lol....I'd hate to see how they are in their everyday life wtf.

you know its just odd that some will call this a bad win!

average teams lose this game! the Giants are above average and i think showed it by winning!

NYGabriel
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Clown thread bro.

GFiP
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM

this

Cool Papa B.
10-28-2012, 08:51 PM
great points..keep up the good work, everyone enjoys reading your posts..thank you

Great teams aren't always great.....they're great when they have to be.

Giantsin04
10-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Feels like a loss?? Pansy!

Do you know how insecure and vaginal you sound? Probably not, because you are a Pussuy. instead of firing the coach, you should just finger yourself.

Roswell777
10-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Look at it this way, how many teams blow a 23 pt lead on the road and have the poise to hold it together and win?

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 08:53 PM

Hahahaha. a :"good team"? a "good team" wouldn't allow it to be that close and give up the lead. We got exposed today, plain and simple

Cool Papa B.
10-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Clown thread bro.

Well, their redzone offense is a concern, and the way they close out games is pretty bad. It hasn't cost them a win yet, but it doesn't mean it won't eventually.

GFiP
10-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Look at it this way, how many teams blow a 23 pt lead on the road and have the poise to hold it together and win?

It's not like the Giants dominated en route to that 23-0 lead. It was entirely because of Romo's brain farts. Our offense did jack.

GentleGiant
10-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Hahahaha. a :"good team"? a "good team" wouldn't allow it to be that close and give up the lead. We got exposed today, plain and simple

Exposed? We won damn it! There was no giving up the lead. I saw the cowboys give up the lead when Felix Jones fumbled so I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

A good team blows out the 49ers and panthers in their own field. Are you saying the 49ers are a bad team?

The simple fact that you're so surprised that a divisional rival that was desperate and was playing in its home field and had beaten us before ACTUALLY WANTED TO WIN TOO, tells me how little you know. Seriously just shut up. A team with 6 turnovers and a QB that made a game winning field goal drive is not an "exposed team". Unbelievable.

Cool Papa B.
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, gmenfan0488 does bring up a legitimate point. Doesn't mean he's right, but there is a possibity and it's worth discussing. The Cowboys were more physical with the giants WRs than any team I've seen this season or last. Maybe that's one of the keys in defending against this offense. We'll see.

I don't think anyone should be mocked or totally shot down because of bringing up this point.

RoanokeFan
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM

You can't fit all of that in the W column

tcseacliff
10-28-2012, 10:45 PM

there is no asterisk for "UGLY" , just a W. this was great for my Giant bucket list:

beat Romo at home again check
lead in division check * soon
lead NFC east check
good chance at play offs check
happy fan base check
stick it to Jerry Jones priceless! *
head towards another ring check
* extra special !