PDA

View Full Version : For the first time in a LONG time Kevin Gilbride almost cost us the game...

NYG4lifeNYK
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Dreadful, conservative, moronic play calling today.

ZERO adjustments.

The receivers SUCKED today. Eli played fine he had NO help.. had maybe one bad throw to Hixon that was it.

Gilbride doesn't get all the blame but he assumes 90% of it today. Pathetic game plan.

Run, run, throw.
Bradshaw, Bradshaw, Bradshaw... no gain.... no gain... no gain. yawnnn

We did not deserve to win, but I am ecstatic we did.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Let's talk about it.

This was a HUGE issue today. We are extremely fortunate we did not lose because of Gilbride.

The love affair with Bradshaw HAS to stop. he is not effective vs faster LBers and physical LBers. Aside from the 49ers game being the only exeption.

Andre Brown was running decisive and hard and yet only got 3 carries.

I do not dislike Bradshaw, I just HATE how we use him sometimes.

Rusty192
10-28-2012, 10:28 PM
The run game was brutal. AB had like one good run. The WR's dropped a ton of balls. Gilbride sure wasn't doing us any favors.

He called a crap game against philly and a crap game here.

appodictic
10-28-2012, 10:34 PM
When the giants line up iform with hynoski we usualy do well Bradshaw or Brown, when we run iform or that rediculas direct snap we look dumb. eli sells that snap over his head like I sell packers stock

ny06
10-28-2012, 10:35 PM
I have no qualm with the play calling. The execution is another thing.

Giants Brazil
10-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Run, run, pass is sickening when the QB is Eli and he can throw to Nicks and Cruz. If the run game worked ok, but it didn't.

BParcells777
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
are screen passes in his playbook..........he must have lost that small sub paragraph

sideline sneek
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I have no qualm with the play calling. The execution is another thing.This!

Giants Brazil
10-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Although execution is not Gilbride's fault, not adjusting what was not working is.

gumby74
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
The anti Gilbride group (one that I am a member of) needs to be split into 2 clans. The Gilbride is too predictable category or the he does crazy play calls category. I keep on forgetting which posters are a part of which.

Roosevelt
10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Dreadful, conservative, moronic play calling today.

ZERO adjustments.

The receivers SUCKED today. Eli played fine he had NO help.. had maybe one bad throw to Hixon that was it.

Gilbride doesn't get all the blame but he assumes 90% of it today. Pathetic game plan.

Run, run, throw.

We did not deserve to win, but I am ecstatic we did.

You're clueless. :)

NYG4lifeNYK
10-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Although execution is not Gilbride's fault, not adjusting what was not working is.

Exactly

You're clueless. :)

lol :D

Harooni
10-29-2012, 01:07 AM
eli sells that snap over his head like I sell packers stock hahaha yeah i dont like that direct snap to bradshaw either

giantsforce
10-29-2012, 01:08 AM
You're clueless. :)Why is he clueless?

NYG4lifeNYK
10-29-2012, 01:16 AM
On the direct snap Wilson should of gotten it NOT Bradshaw... Bradshaw is slow as molasses now. Hel even Brown picks up the first even if he has to power his way after contact.

Brown has a unique blend of speed and power. Bradshaw has some power and no speed anymore. Bradshaw just plays with a ton of heart but sometimes that's not enough vs physical faster defenders....

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 01:18 AM
If, by "long time" you mean "last week", then I see where you're coming from.

Roosevelt
10-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Why is he clueless?

Because we all know that the Gilbride sends in multiple plays for Eli on each down and Eli chooses THE play based upon his reading of the defense.

The buck stops with Eli not Gilbride.

Marvelousmik
10-29-2012, 01:26 AM
The anti Gilbride group (one that I am a member of) needs to be split into 2 clans. The Gilbride is too predictable category or the he does crazy play calls category. I keep on forgetting which posters are a part of which.

LMFAO, this actually made me laugh out loud. So true dude

CDN_G-FAN
10-29-2012, 01:29 AM
I have no qualm with the play calling. The execution is another thing.

WAY WAY WAY too many dropped balls.

worst game we've had on offense since the first game.

i stopped counting at 4 dropped 1st down passes, that of course includes bennett's drop on the 1 yard line where we walked away with a FG.

Brutal. i don't see how the playcalling helped or hurt this game.

for me, you can't evaluate the playcalling when you could have had at least 4 more 1st downs if guys just did their jobs.

Marvelousmik
10-29-2012, 01:29 AM

Run, run, throw.

Or, pass pass, throw.

or run pass throw.

or pass run throw.

There are only 2 play types in football. The run, or the pass. On first down you could either run or throw. On second down you can either run or throw. If you dont get much yardage on 1st and 2nd down, then if you want to get the first on 3rd and long you almost have to pass. I for one did not want eli throwing much with the way the line was pressuring him. But thats my opinion.

Marvelousmik
10-29-2012, 01:33 AM

i stopped counting at 4 dropped 1st down passes, that of course includes bennett's drop on the 1 yard line where we walked away with a FG.

for me, you can't evaluate the playcalling when you could have had at least 4 more 1st downs if guys just did their jobs.

i shouldnt have to applaud common sense. But from reading these forums it seems as though its rare to find it.

"claps"

GiantRoc
10-29-2012, 01:56 AM
Offensively so many things were bad, How can you place blame? Lets face it, our division opponents know how to defend us. That is not unusual for most divisions. It just seems to really be the case for the Giants O. It seems like we need to come up with a new wrinkle now and then. No more direct snaps though please.

egyptian420
10-29-2012, 01:59 AM
I have no qualm with the play calling. The execution is another thing.me too

egyptian420
10-29-2012, 02:01 AM

for me, you can't evaluate the playcalling when you could have had at least 4 more 1st downs if guys just did their jobs.Logic such as this is such a rarity on here after games like this

Ofcourse we're all angry but people direct their anger in all the wrong places

Rusty192
10-29-2012, 02:21 AM
i shouldnt have to applaud common sense. But from reading these forums it seems as though its rare to find it.

"claps"lol you crack me up.

GiantGremlin
10-29-2012, 02:31 AM

Team is just way too inconsistent for the most part - I'll take the win & 6-2 though.