PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic win

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 08:40 PM
We were up 23-0 and were lucky to win a 29-24 game. It's amazing watching the regress of this team without them losing. We're the worst first place team in football, based on today's fiasco

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 08:42 PM
The defense is what kept us in this game.
Yes, they are inconsistent, but they did in fact step up.

The offense is scaring me however.

Kez Simpson
We were up 23-0 and were lucky to win a 29-24 game. Eli was awful, the defense was awful, awful, awful performance all the way around. It's amazing watching the regress of this team without them losing. We could easily lose 6 of our last 8. We're the worst first place team in football, based on today's fiasco

Check your emotion before you post, you ain't making much sense. The worst team in football? Please shut your mouth man.

Martyr
All take it, it's a division game nothing more

Gimaniac
No win is pathetic, tough to watch yes, pathetic no.

ozzie0075
10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
We were up 23-0 and were lucky to win a 29-24 game. Eli was awful, the defense was awful, awful, awful performance all the way around. It's amazing watching the regress of this team without them losing. We could easily lose 6 of our last 8. We're the worst first place team in football, based on today's fiasco

Every good team in this league has performances like this where they find a way to win when they don't deserve to. A win is a win and all the Giants need to worry about is going into the postseason playing their best football and that is a long way off. Giants have games every season where they look inept they were fortunate to have it happen in a game they won. I am not worried at all.

TroyArcher
We were up 23-0 and were lucky to win a 29-24 game. It's amazing watching the regress of this team without them losing. We're the worst first place team in football, based on today's fiasco

Better than a valiant loss.

CowboysSuck
You can make some of the people happy all of the time. But you can only ev..... ahh forget it

We won, I'm happy. cautious....but happy

KillaRich
10-28-2012, 08:44 PM
No win is pathetic, tough to watch yes, pathetic no.

A division road game at that..... game sucked...but like some have said we wont care how we win after the season...or when we win games dominantly

ny06
This is what seperates the good teams from the great teams. They find ways to win even when they look like they will lose. Is their concerns? of course, but we are 6-2 and the past two weeks we beat two division rivals.

alentown pa

lol..and with this post you are one of the worst fans I've seen on here..lol...miserable

RoanokeFan

Better to be the best last place team, no?

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM
We should've blown this team out of their own stadium, but Eli and the receivers sputtered, and Romo actually outplayed Eli and that's WITH throwing four picks. We'll probably be fine, but today was beyond pathetic. I still have us going 11-5, but we sucked today.

nhpgiantsfan
10-28-2012, 08:46 PM
The defense is what kept us in this game.
Yes, they are inconsistent, but they did in fact step up.

The offense is scaring me however.

Wrong, the defense is the reason we were able to score the first 23 points. Then they tried like hell to give it all back. They played good for 20 minutes today.

Kez Simpson
I guess the Giants gotta look good losing from now on, maybe that will make the OP happy.

CowboysSuck
It was a pathetic performance, considering we were up 23-0 WITH THE BALL and in a painful series of events, all of a sudden its 24-23 Cowboys.

I was all over the Giants for playing "not to lose" in the Chat room, but everyone flamed me calling me a troll. I was just calling it like I saw it. We had a chance to put them away and we didnt. After their 2nd score I knew it was coming down to the last few seconds.

but, a win is a win, and 6-2 is 6-2. Im fat and happy ;)

repeatchamps

Lol, you are a fool. This means that the 49ers are better based on your nonsensical commentary. Last I checked the Giants dominated the 49ers in SF. Today wasn't pretty but 6-2 and in complete control of the division is all that matters.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Wrong, the defense is the reason we were able to score the first 23 points. Then they tried like hell to give it all back. They played good for 20 minutes today.What? did you not see the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter?

And you act like the defense scoring 23 points is a bad thing..considering the offense did absolutely nothing the entire game.

alentown pa
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
this team has spoiled too many of you

Kez Simpson
10-28-2012, 08:48 PM

This surely ain't the Dave Brown era fanbase. lol

repeatchamps
10-28-2012, 08:48 PM

This!

CowboysSuck
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
What? did you not see the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter?

And you act like the defense scoring 23 points is a bad thing..considering the offense did absolutely nothing the entire game.

To be fair, the defense played great in the 1st quarter. Awful in the next 2. And decent in the 4th. I mean, Romo did have 400+ yards...

Rudyy
this team has spoiled too many of youAs a fan, you should expect your team to play, and play well. They did not play well today, especially the offense. I'm not expecting to put up 30-40 points a game. That's a hell of a game if they do that lol
However, when the opposing team turns the ball over 6 times, 6! You have got to take advantage of that.

Rudyy
To be fair, the defense played great in the 1st quarter. Awful in the next 2. And decent in the 4th. I mean, Romo did have 400+ yards...and 4 interceptions..

FBomb
10-28-2012, 08:51 PM

Good god.....then go kill yourselves!!!! WTF is with all you whiney little girls hating a WIN over Dallas. Take it and STFU!! I swear, sometimes I hate Giants fans!!

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 08:51 PM

A win is a win. The run game was non existent tonight. We couldn't run any play action plays today. If the defense didn't play well tonight, we would've been blown out.

alentown pa
10-28-2012, 08:52 PM
As a fan, you should expect your team to play, and play well. They did not play well today, especially the offense. I'm not expecting to put up 30-40 points a game. That's a hell of a game if they do that lol
However, when the opposing team turns the ball over 6 times, 6! You have got to take advantage of that.

lol, they did take advantage of it, they won..and won with our offense playing as poor of a game in recent memory.

derekunion28
10-28-2012, 08:53 PM
a win is a win ... how many did we lose when we were the better team

Kez Simpson
Good god.....then go kill yourselves!!!! WTF is with all you whiney little girls hating a WIN over Dallas. Take it and STFU!! I swear, sometimes I hate Giants fans!!

Lmao exactly, an outsider looking in would think we were 2-6 all these whiney pessimistic crybabies on this forum.

alentown pa

amen brother...a road division win, on a day philly and washington loss...some on here are spoiled little *****es.

Hessian
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
WOOT! Cheers bro!

nhpgiantsfan
What? did you not see the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter?

Ok you're right. Pat them on the back for all the turnovers, and don't give them any blame for letting them score 24 points to take the lead. Open receivers all over the field. Tony Romo scoring on a boot leg without a blue shirt in the same zip code. They are damn lucky Felix Jones runs into his own guy and fumbles or the Cowboys were gonna score again and probably win the game.

Yeah I am just as pissed at the defense.

Rudyy
lol, they did take advantage of it, they won..and won with our offense playing as poor of a game in recent memory.We won because Tony Romo is stupid and threw the ball out of bounds on the last play.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok you're right. Pat them on the back for all the turnovers, and don't give them any blame for letting them score 24 points to take the lead. Open receivers all over the field. Tony Romo scoring on a boot leg without a blue shirt in the same zip code. They are damn lucky Felix Jones runs into his own guy and fumbles or the Cowboys were gonna score again and probably win the game.

Yeah I am just as pissed at the defense.You're so correct

Down-lifer
10-28-2012, 08:55 PM
This is what seperates the good teams from the great teams. They find ways to win even when they look like they will lose. Is their concerns? of course, but we are 6-2 and the past two weeks we beat two division rivals.Exactly right! The offense will fix it. We'll be fine.

FBomb
10-28-2012, 08:56 PM
As a fan, you should expect your team to play, and play well. They did not play well today, especially the offense. I'm not expecting to put up 30-40 points a game. That's a hell of a game if they do that lol

As a fan you expect your team to WIN....everything else is for fantasy geeks and stat *****s.

Down-lifer
10-28-2012, 08:57 PM
We won because Tony Romo is stupid and threw the ball out of bounds on the last play.That is hilarious that he did that! But our corners played good on that last play. Romo is an idiot though.

gmenfan0488
we should fire Fewell asap

Rudyy
As a fan you expect your team to WIN....everything else is for fantasy geeks and stat *****s.
I like the win. I hated the game.

Hessian
10-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I'll take a pathetic win over a fantastic loss any day.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
LAST WEEK I KNEW IT WOULD TOUGH, but man this one was just come on , should bhave been an easy win. why make it so hard. the worst part is we keep winnin g so they dont realize how much we suck in the redzone.

alentown pa
We won because Tony Romo is stupid and threw the ball out of bounds on the last play.

lmao..yup thats why they won...I love these boards

ozzie0075

The fact is as a fan I don't think realistic to think a team is going to play well every week. All the teams in this league are good enough to beat anyone at anytime. I hope the Giants play their best every week but if they don't and still win I can't get upset about it. At the end of the day whether the Giants won by 5 or 50 they are still 6-2 and in great position.

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 09:01 PM
they should've won by at least 30, but no, they let Romo bounce back and shred our defense. we let nicks and cruz be totally shut down by mediocre corners. I don't see how anyone can feel good about this win.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM
The fact is as a fan I don't think realistic to think a team is going to play well every week. All the teams in this league are good enough to beat anyone at anytime. I hope the Giants play their best every week but if they don't and still win I can't get upset about it. At the end of the day whether the Giants won by 5 or 50 they are still 6-2 and in great position.While I understand what you're saying. All these FG's are starting to bother me. We can't seem to get ANY touchdowns whatsoever in the red zone. I guess that's what I'm ultimately saying. It's like turnover..FG..turnover..nothing..turnover FG..turnover..nothing

giantsfan420
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM
troll imho

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:08 PM
lmao..yup thats why they won...I love these boardsHe WAS inside what..the 20? you can't say they didn't have a chance to win that game.

GentleGiant
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM

The Falcons nearly lost to the panthers and raiders IN THEIR OWN FIELD. The falcons are now 7-0. Shut your trap and get out bandwagon fan.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm ok with pathetic

GentleGiant
10-28-2012, 09:10 PM
they should've won by at least 30, but no, they let Romo bounce back and shred our defense. we let nicks and cruz be totally shut down by mediocre corners. I don't see how anyone can feel good about this win.

Mediocre corners? The media has been bragging about the Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne all season. Idiot.

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 09:11 PM
The Falcons nearly lost to the panthers and raiders IN THEIR OWN FIELD. The falcons are now 7-0. Shut your trap and get out bandwagon fan.Yeah you are right but still though, Giants should have won by 20 points at least.

GentleGiant
10-28-2012, 09:15 PM
While I understand what you're saying. All these FG's are starting to bother me. We can't seem to get ANY touchdowns whatsoever in the red zone. I guess that's what I'm ultimately saying. It's like turnover..FG..turnover..nothing..turnover FG..turnover..nothing

Don't get this. There were only 2 turnovers in the whole game by us so. And what's this crap about "all these turnovers" and "FG after FG"? Even the commentators during the game were saying we're very good at not having turnovers. Yeah we had FGS. So what? We still had a ton of TDs in the redskins game and the 9ers game.

GentleGiant
10-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah you are right but still though, Giants should have won by 20 points at least.

Do we really believe this? This is a division game. It doesn't matter who you're playing. The simple fact that it's a division game makes that team twice as good. New Orleans Saints were 13-3 last year. Guess what one of those losses was? The 4-12 Bucs. A team in the same division as the saints. This same cowboys team almost beat the 5-2 Ravens in their own field.

Just last Monday the lions went into Chicago. The Lions have been below average at best. The bears are now 6-1. The score was still a very close 13-7. Why wasn't it a blowout? Because it was a divisional game.

jomo
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
I kinda liked a win over a division foe on the road even though many here don't.

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Good god.....then go kill yourselves!!!! WTF is with all you whiney little girls hating a WIN over Dallas. Take it and STFU!! I swear, sometimes I hate Giants fans!!I want that repeat and 5 Superbowl Rings. I don't care I will keep on crying until Giants do what they suppose to do and that is when they get ints, they make sure they score tds especially in the redzone.

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
It was ugly, but it was a win. They didn't get any lucky calls or anything so they deserved it. Still an ugly win though. I'll take an ugly win over a good loss any day.

GentleGiant
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
I want that repeat and 5 Superbowl Rings. I don't care I will keep on crying until Giants do what they suppose to do and that is when they get ints, they make sure they score tds especially in the redzone.

Hey buddy. Guess what? This team won. I don't care if they threw 5 INT and only scored FGs. They won. That erases all the stuff you just said. You don't get rings by stats. You get them by winning.

The fact that you expect a team that won super bowls by going 9-7 and 10-6 to be perfect is what troubles me. They got ONE INT the whole game. Just stop.

FBomb
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I want that repeat and 5 Superbowl Rings. I don't care I will keep on crying until Giants do what they suppose to do and that is when they get ints, they make sure they score tds especially in the redzone.

Wins and losses.......everything else is just stats...nothing more.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I said when the Cowboys took the lead that we were finally in a position we knew how to play from. The Cowboys didn't score another point, and we scored twice. Granted the Cowboys could have kicked a FG; but they were kept out of the endzone, by a fingertip.

And a pathetic win is an oximoron. Every W is a good W.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Don't get this. There were only 2 turnovers in the whole game by us so. And what's this crap about "all these turnovers" and "FG after FG"? Even the commentators during the game were saying we're very good at not having turnovers. Yeah we had FGS. So what? We still had a ton of TDs in the redskins game and the 9ers game.No...
I'm saying after our defense gets a turnover, we don't do anything with them. We don't capitalize.

And this isn't the Redskins game or the Niner game.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Don't get this. There were only 2 turnovers in the whole game by us so. And what's this crap about "all these turnovers" and "FG after FG"? Even the commentators during the game were saying we're very good at not having turnovers. Yeah we had FGS. So what? We still had a ton of TDs in the redskins game and the 9ers game. he meant our Defense creating turnovers and the offense kicking fg's

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
he meant our Defense creating turnovers and the offense kicking fg'sshe*

GMENAGAIN
10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
no such thing

GentleGiant
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
No...
I'm saying after our defense gets a turnover, we don't do anything with them. We don't capitalize.

And this isn't the Redskins game or the Niner game.

We got 21 points combined out of the turnovers so don't give me that crap.

So you're saying that we'll see the cowboys again? Cause I'd believe the redskins and 49ers get to the playoffs before the cowboys.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
she*oh hello there ;)

Hessian
10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
If you are eccstatic now about a near loss I have to wonder how you felt about the 90's or god forbid pre 86'. I'm gonna crawl out on a limb here and assume you know nothing about losing. This was a win! A huge win that Dallas knew would sink their ****ty boat. What you are asking for is fluff.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM

So you're saying that we'll see the cowboys again? Cause I'd believe the redskins and 49ers get to the playoffs before the cowboys.What the hell are you even talking about?

Harooni

So you're saying that we'll see the cowboys again? Cause I'd believe the redskins and 49ers get to the playoffs before the cowboys. wake up , typical homer as long as we won everything is gravy right. , i guess dez missing a winning TD by an inch wasnt close enough

Rudyy
oh hello there ;)HAHA sup

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Hey buddy. Guess what? This team won. I don't care if they threw 5 INT and only scored FGs. They won. That erases all the stuff you just said. You don't get rings by stats. You get them by winning.

The fact that you expect a team that won super bowls by going 9-7 and 10-6 to be perfect is what troubles me. They got ONE INT the whole game. Just stop.Stats means productions. Tds are stats along with fieldgoald so don't forget that.

Performance is very important as well. I've looked at football for over 27 years and seen teams start to have troubles. This can be a bad sign my friend and it better get fixed. Look at the Egals. The opposition they face have better stats and those stats helped them beat the Egals real bad.

Look at the Ram's stats and the Pat's stats. Pats have many tds over the Rams. Giants are made to do certain things and if they can't do them, then they are going to lose.

Now if the Giants didn't got those ints, then I wouldn't complain but my knowledge of the game tells me something is wrong. Oh and remember when the Giants played the 49ers,? I was one of the few posters who knew the Giants were going to win. They should have done the same thing to Dallas. Oh and Winning Superbowls is a stat as well.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:52 PM
wake up , typical homer as long as we won everything is gravy right. , i guess dez missing a winning TD by an inch wasnt close enough Thank you.

Kez Simpson
10-28-2012, 09:57 PM
wake up , typical homer as long as we won everything is gravy right. , i guess dez missing a winning TD by an inch wasnt close enough

I'm sure he is aware of the issues we have on this team. We have to overcome those issues moving forward if we are going to defend our crown. That doesn't make him homer, because we got the win, which is the most important thing in this case.

CharlieC42
10-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Would you rather be 18 - 1 and lose the last game or 13 - 7 and win the last game. i think most will chose 13-7 only after the last game. It was a fun game; the giants did not play well but still won. that is what matters! enjoy it.

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 10:17 PM
we won this game because Dez Bryant was out of bounds,,,

Hessian
10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
we won this game because Dez Bryant was out of bounds,,,
Dez Bryant is my favorite Giant!

rtahsin
10-28-2012, 10:19 PM
-sigh- There are two types of fans on these boards: optimistic and pessimistic; with nothing in between. The optimists think that once a game is won all is forgiven. The pessimists can't seem to see the positive of pulling out a close game. In reality both types of fans are right in their own perspective. As many people denoted we didn't capitalize on the turnovers, I think we were 1 out 4 in the redzone off of turnovers. Awful stat if you ask me. Likewise as other people have stated, a win is a win don't renounce it.

I think I have to side with the pessimistic fans on this one. The whole offense played garbage. Dallas' D line kept getting penetration and our wide receivers weren't winning 1-on-1s. Honestly, it seemed to me like we were willingly giving Dallas' the win but lucky for us they didn't take complete advantage. Maybe it's just me but I feel as if Eli hasn't been accurate as he should be for the past few games by letting sailing balls over WRs, throwing behind them, and leading receivers into hits. I think all the negative fans are so because the win shouldn't have come down to the last play. The score should have been like 35-14. It's not everyday you hear a team has 3 receivers that go over a 100 yards and still lose the game that's why I honestly think we may have lucked out in this game because it seemed as if we were trying to give the game away. If Dez Bryant's fingers were an inch shorter we might be 5-3 right now so I guess it gives a little perspective regarding winning cancels all mistakes during a game. We won but the win exposed some serious flaws that we have to fix and flaws that other teams can exploit.

22for25
10-28-2012, 10:23 PM
We were up 23-0 and were lucky to win a 29-24 game. It's amazing watching the regress of this team without them losing. We're the worst first place team in football, based on today's fiascoStfu

Hessian
10-28-2012, 10:25 PM
-sigh- There are two types of fans on these boards: optimistic and pessimistic; with nothing in between. The optimists think that once a game is won all is forgiven. The pessimists can't seem to see the positive of pulling out a close game. In reality both types of fans are right in their own perspective. As many people denoted we didn't capitalize on the turnovers, I think we were 1 out 4 in the redzone off of turnovers. Awful stat if you ask me. Likewise as other people have stated, a win is a win don't renounce it.

I think I have to side with the pessimistic fans on this one. The whole offense played garbage. Dallas' D line kept getting penetration and our wide receivers weren't winning 1-on-1s. Honestly, it seemed to me like we were willingly giving Dallas' the win but lucky for us they didn't take complete advantage. Maybe it's just me but I feel as if Eli hasn't been accurate as he should be for the past few games by letting sailing balls over WRs, throwing behind them, and leading receivers into hits. I think all the negative fans are so because the win shouldn't have come down to the last play. The score should have been like 35-14. It's not everyday you hear a team has 3 receivers that go over a 100 yards and still lose the game that's why I honestly think we may have lucked out in this game because it seemed as if we were trying to give the game away. If Dez Bryant's fingers were an inch shorter we might be 5-3 right now so I guess it gives a little perspective regarding winning cancels all mistakes during a game. We won but the win exposed some serious flaws that we have to fix and flaws that other teams can exploit.
That is incredibly back and white to call the members of this board black and white, I have a good feeling if I watched a game in any of your homes with you we'd be in agreeance that we'd agree.

twinlakes91
10-28-2012, 10:29 PM
A lot of you are nothing but spoiled baby brats. You do not have a clue what it is like to follow the Giants through 15 to 20 straight years of losing seasons and NO playoffs!! This was a DIVISIONAL ROAD WIN. Appreciate it. Stop your crying.

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 10:30 PM
A lot of you are nothing but spoiled baby brats. You do not have a clue what it is like to follow the Giants through 15 to 20 straight years of losing seasons and NO playoffs!! This was a DIVISIONAL ROAD WIN. Appreciate it. Stop your crying.No my friend cause this could be a bad sign.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 10:35 PM
A lot of you are nothing but spoiled baby brats. You do not have a clue what it is like to follow the Giants through 15 to 20 straight years of losing seasons and NO playoffs!! This was a DIVISIONAL ROAD WIN. Appreciate it. Stop your crying.

never trust a man that crosses his legs while sitting.

http://www.askbiography.com/Image/Other/NFL_player_coach/Kevin_Gilbride.jpg

WE had them and gilbride LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!!!

Giantslb66
10-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Key word......win

stormblue
10-28-2012, 10:40 PM
i'm sure the coaching staff will study their own shortcomings
in this victory.
very poor conservative gameplan .

i am glad that the players were able pull out a miracle
despite the efforts of the coaching staff to "run" into a brick wall.

as Red would say "dumb-aas !! ".

miked1958
10-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Check your emotion before you post, you ain't making much sense. The worst team in football? Please shut your mouth man.He said worst FIRST place team in football, but that would be incorrect as well.

however, a win is a win and to start off 0-2 in div and pretty much have 2 MUST WIN NFCE BATTTLES and to come out on top in both to get to 2-2 is just GREAT. i know we were not perfect in either game but we got the job done. Goal is to get back to playoffs and that win puts us one step closer to securing one of those 6 spots. thats the bottom line

Rich4114
10-28-2012, 10:56 PM
I think this had as much to do with play calling as anything. Once they got that big lead early, the play calling got extremely conservative. As for the offense and defense, throw half of the stats out the window during a division rival game.

CDN_G-FAN
10-28-2012, 11:02 PM
yes we were up 23-0, but that dallas defense is, and has been, a very good defense for most of the year, and for some reason the cowboy offensive line always plays their best against us.

thank god romo doesn't.

in this division, i don't care how we win, as long as we do.

we don't get extra points in the division if we win looking awesome, so i don't give a flying ****.

FBomb
10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
yes we were up 23-0, but that dallas defense is, and has been, a very good defense for most of the year, and for some reason the cowboy offensive line always plays their best against us.

thank god romo doesn't.

in this division, i don't care how we win, as long as we do.

we don't get extra points in the division if we win looking awesome, so i don't give a flying ****.

So much genius from a foreigner.

CDN_G-FAN
10-28-2012, 11:11 PM
So much genius from a foreigner.

well, you took a 2 by 4 to the knobs on here whining that we're 6-2 but we're not doing it with enough style points, so you made it easy for the rest of us with a brain to pile on.

FBomb
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
well, you took a 2 by 4 to the knobs on here whining that we're 6-2 but we're not doing it with enough style points, so you made it easy for the rest of us with a brain to pile on.

me?

GentleGiant
10-29-2012, 12:03 AM
wake up , typical homer as long as we won everything is gravy right. , i guess dez missing a winning TD by an inch wasnt close enough

Hey smart one. Who won the game? Apparently some of the "fans" on here still need their head examined thinking that the cowboys won. You think anyone is gonna care about that missed TD 1 week from now?

NYinNJ
10-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Every season is going to have its ups and downs. I mean, look at last year...

If we have a down game and still win, that's good.

We had San Fran and two divisional games. That's a tough series of match-ups. We haven't played great these last two weeks, but... there are still a lot of positives, I think.

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:09 AM
i just want to not be the lucky team anymore, so sick of fans of other teams saying o giants are just lucky. thats all i want , i want to be a consistent good team i know we can be. you wont win every game, but at least dont look like a turd in a nice uniform.

giantsforce
10-29-2012, 12:19 AM

I think I have to side with the pessimistic fans on this one. The whole offense played garbage. Dallas' D line kept getting penetration and our wide receivers weren't winning 1-on-1s. Honestly, it seemed to me like we were willingly giving Dallas' the win but lucky for us they didn't take complete advantage. Maybe it's just me but I feel as if Eli hasn't been accurate as he should be for the past few games by letting sailing balls over WRs, throwing behind them, and leading receivers into hits. I think all the negative fans are so because the win shouldn't have come down to the last play. The score should have been like 35-14. It's not everyday you hear a team has 3 receivers that go over a 100 yards and still lose the game that's why I honestly think we may have lucked out in this game because it seemed as if we were trying to give the game away. If Dez Bryant's fingers were an inch shorter we might be 5-3 right now so I guess it gives a little perspective regarding winning cancels all mistakes during a game. We won but the win exposed some serious flaws that we have to fix and flaws that other teams can exploit.Unfortunately these flaws have been here since Coughlin became HC. However, because of the 2 SB runs all is forgiven and we are not supposed to question the "genius" of the coaching staff. Never mind the collapses and near collapses and this team not been ready for the most part for divisional games and nothing is done about it. How can you respect a guy who benches one player of a fumble but he does not do the same for another player? What credibility does this person deserve? How on earth do you not run the clock out when you get the ball with 1:03 left on the clock? Come on Killdrive apologists, lets hear the defense of that crappy 3 and out ****.

G-MENBK
10-29-2012, 12:21 AM
i just want to not be the lucky team anymore, so sick of fans of other teams saying o giants are just lucky. thats all i want , i want to be a consistent good team i know we can be. you wont win every game, but at least dont look like a turd in a nice uniform.

Philly doesn't care that it was mostly boneheaded plays from the Giants part and they got a little luck, nor did Dallas care that we were out of sync and had players dropping like flies.

So I ask...why give a **** what other fans think?

GentleGiant
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Stats means productions. Tds are stats along with fieldgoald so don't forget that.

Performance is very important as well. I've looked at football for over 27 years and seen teams start to have troubles. This can be a bad sign my friend and it better get fixed. Look at the Egals. The opposition they face have better stats and those stats helped them beat the Egals real bad.

Look at the Ram's stats and the Pat's stats. Pats have many tds over the Rams. Giants are made to do certain things and if they can't do them, then they are going to lose.

Now if the Giants didn't got those ints, then I wouldn't complain but my knowledge of the game tells me something is wrong. Oh and remember when the Giants played the 49ers,? I was one of the few posters who knew the Giants were going to win. They should have done the same thing to Dallas. Oh and Winning Superbowls is a stat as well.

I'm sure you must have thought the two losses to the redskins last year were "signs of trouble" too.

"I've looked at teams for 27 years"

So? Clearly you haven't been looking at THIS team recently cause this team went from losing to the redskins twice to being superbowl champions. You also don't seem to understand how better teams instantly get during division games. The saints last yr were 13-3. One of the their few losses was to the 4-12 bucs. Why? Because it was an aggressive division game. The rams despite being mediocre have upset the cards and seahawks because they were divisional away games.

Stats means nothing. Drew Brees is beating records and the saints are the number 1 passing offense. Their still 2-5.

You seem to have this weird idea of rock paper scissors that if anyone that beats us ends up getting beaten themselves is better than us. That doesn't work in the nfl.

Really? The eagles beat the Ravens and the ravens were Favorited to win based off what? Stats. It's called an upset. The panthers were a pick 6 from beating the bears. Eli isn't gonna throw a pick 6.

Rams have a very bad offense and a few decent corners and the patriots played in an environment they were used to. Please don't try to say the giants are gonna lose to the pats just because the pats beat a subpar rams team. The Rams are a rebuilding team so beating them isn't something to be proud of. The patriots were basically running up the score. We seem to forget this the same pats team that lost to the cards, seahawks and nearly lost to the jets.

It was one int. A ridiculous int that somehow never touched the ground. It didn't even matter because the cowboys didn't get anything out of it.

I also believed the giants would beat the 49ers. But if you thought that the cowboys game was gonna be a blowout then I'm afraid your 27 years has been in vain. If you thought that an away game, against a desperate divisional rival that had already beaten us was gonna be a blow out then you need your facts straight. The 49ers could revive themselves from the giants loss. The cowboys can not.

Yeah and winning super bowls is the one stat we should be worrying about. Instead we're worrying about this "one turnover" or "this few TDS".

The browns beat the chargers by scoring one TD the whole game. One.

Until something like this happens again for a team that's NOT in the division, this mean nothing.

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:26 AM
Philly doesn't care that it was mostly boneheaded plays from the Giants part and they got a little luck, nor did Dallas care that we were out of sync and had players dropping like flies.

So I ask...why give a **** what other fans think? true its just annoying to here it and it comes from outside our div fans also.

GentleGiant
10-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Thank you.What the hell are you talking about?

GiantGremlin
10-29-2012, 12:31 AM

Giants were up 23-0 super early on the road against a QB that usually carves them, and a div rival, in which the games are always super crazy - let's just be glad that the Giants got away with a win.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 12:31 AM
What the hell are you talking about? If you're trying to offend me by saying the exact same thing I said to you, then that's really sad.

GentleGiant
10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
If you're trying to offend me by saying the exact same thing I said to you, then that's really sad.

If you're gonna try to confuse me by just saying something stupid "what the hell are you talking about?" without actually saying anything helpful and logical to back it up then you that's just pathetic.

What if I just wrote a comment saying "you're dumb!"?

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:40 AM
If you're trying to offend me by saying the exact same thing I said to you, then that's really sad. whoa i just realized i live like 10 min from you, i live in reston

FuriousGeorge
10-29-2012, 12:42 AM

You're the worst poster based on today's win.