PDA

View Full Version : should Fewell be fired?

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 09:05 PM
should he be? our defense is atrocious. Got lit up by RG3 and Romo in consecutive weeks. I bet roethlisberger has a career day next week too.

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Maybe cbs coach need to get axed. I've seen some of our O-line about to get Romo and Romo completes a pass. It seems like our dbs look at our D-line and play loose cause the D-line look like they are about the get the qb.

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't think so they are the reason we won. Our offense keep going 3 and out you just can't put your defense in those situations.

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM
should he be? our defense is atrocious. Got lit up by RG3 and Romo in consecutive weeks. I bet roethlisberger has a career day next week too.

What? I think this post should be in Red.

Moke
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM
No, he shouldn't. I think you guys are overreacting.

Kez Simpson
10-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Did we lose today? Or are we talking about a defense that force 6 turnovers?

Toadofsteel
Fewell did fine. 7 turnovers. He just needs to learn how to cover a slant to be honest. It's not like Witten is a scrub TE.

On the other hand, ****ING KILLDRIVE needs to be gone YESTERDAY...

DaKraken
Yeah, we want a circus like the Eagles...

C'mon folks, team is 6-2. Enjoy it.

FBomb
10-28-2012, 09:11 PM
YES...FOR GOD'S SAKE...FIRE EVERYBODY!!!

Moke
We should sign Castillo for DC.

NYGFaninILL
I don't think so they are the reason we won. Our offense keep going 3 and out you just can't put your defense in those situations.

This. Our offense did nothing to help our defense today

Diamondring
10-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah, we want a circus like the Eagles...

C'mon folks, team is 6-2. Enjoy it.I've seen this before team being 62 then one day, things went bad.

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 09:17 PM
hopefully we can keep up the wins, I don't want a second half slide.......again.

nygfan90
10-28-2012, 09:18 PM
im so sick of this team. Never having a winning season. The coaches are abysmal, eli sucks for the second week in a row (get rid of him). The fans of this team are on another level. They're always so positive all the time!! even after a loss they're positive. Jesus Christ. Lets fire the DC after the same D he's coaching forced 6 turnovers. ****!! THIS TEAM SUCKS!!

Rant over lol

blu_buddha
10-28-2012, 09:20 PM
no defense was on the field to long . The offense needed to sustain drives on not turn the ball over. They were gassed the whole second half. Romo threw the ball over 60 times!!!

EnragedYouth85
10-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Pretty sure our offense was the issue today, none the less we won the game. Ugly or not we are 6-2 and in good position to win the East. Stop complaining people!

TextureDj
10-28-2012, 09:28 PM
this team has one glaring problem, and only one.

red zone trips for touchdowns.

We solve that and we are unstoppable. This is a 30 point game at halftime if we convert 3/4 ofthose for 7. Frustrating to say the least.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 09:30 PM
This defense bends but doesn't usually break. I thikn Fewels schemes are too complicated, and inhibit the player's ability to play. Simplify it a little and let the team play. That's what they did the end of last year, and the D was fantastic.

nyc-007
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes, we are 6-2. Yes we lead the NFC East. But there is cause to be concern with the defense. Today, we had not one, not two, but three different opposing Wrs with 100 yards receiving. We had Romo throo forf almost 500 yards. These stats alone (TODAY) should raise the eyes of the Head Coach owners and the like

brad
10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Defense has had some rough games, this wasn't one of them. They created 7 turnovers, and completely dominated early in the game. They came to play while the offense was doing their best to give the game away. They couldn't even run 60 seconds off the clock to end the game... and you want to fire the DC based on this game? If you want to complain, complain about the offense, they made this game as close as it was... it should have been 30+ to 10 in the first half.

sc_markt
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM

Prior to last year's Superbowl win, I would have said yes. Since we won a SB under him, I have to give him some credit. That said, I was complaining about the D today and Fewell's name was coming up. Seems to me that Spags often made adjustments in the second half because I seem to recall that our D played better in the second half under Spags. I'm not seeing this with Fewell. Not sure if he makes adjustments for the second half.

stormblue
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
conservative offense , 3 and out crap , against a mobile QB
eats our lunch every time. we gotta prove we can't run or
TC and killdrive aren't happy.

they like to bring boxing gloves to a gunfight.
for the life of me i don't know why.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
yeah the D spots the O the ball inside the 30 over and over and even scores a TD and the coach should be fired. (rolling eyes)

Ny_STAT1989
10-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Fewell is a very good D coordinator, but he needs to stop playing that soft zone crap. It always gets picked apart

sideline sneek
10-28-2012, 09:43 PM
If anyone is truly lobbying for someones head to roll........your wasting your time.

Giantterp
10-28-2012, 09:55 PM
They're only 11-2 (or something like that) in their last 14 games. Is it possible we might be overreacting just a little bit?????

Is this a serious thread?

PETEY006
10-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Def not now. I think he's doing a okay job. Let finish the season before we start evaluations

Hessian
10-28-2012, 09:58 PM
YES...FOR GOD'S SAKE...FIRE EVERYBODY!!!
Agreed! I'll take the lumps for the rest of the season for their pay and expectations. That being us last in division.. hell last in the NFL.

GFiP
10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
The defense is fine if our offense can get some nice time consuming drives. But they can't.

gumby74
10-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Fewell is terrible in terms of lack of 3 and outs and giving up lots of yards. However, our defense hasn't been terrible in points allowed. With our offense, it shouldn't be hard to overcome. But, he's definitely not good. Not awful. But not good.

GreenZone
10-28-2012, 10:56 PM
The difference between questioning some of the defensive schemes specifically today and suggesting the the D.C. be fired is the difference between possibly interesting discussion and a troll with an idiotic question.

Yeah, it's time to fire the D.C. and start a completely new scheme with someone else starting fresh...

http://community.mis.temple.edu/midnightgreen/files/2011/09/juan.jpg

giantsforce
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Fewell did fine. 7 turnovers. He just needs to learn how to cover a slant to be honest. It's not like Witten is a scrub TE.

This stat shows Killdrive's "genius":
Giants Red Zone Efficiency 1/4 - 25%
Cowboys Red Zone Efficiency 3/4 - 75%

Giants Third Down Efficiency 3/15 - 20%
CowboysThird Down Efficiency 7/14 - 50%

Huge difference. And we have Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Bradshaw, Blah blah blah.
The facts are the facts. And don't you just love the fact that the Steelers without Palomalu made RG3 look like the rookie he is? Just ponder on that.

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
They should have hired Spags.

CDN_G-FAN
10-28-2012, 11:22 PM
so the news feed should be:

Giants go to 6-2, winning wild game 29-24, fire DC.

Seriously?

i feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

CDN_G-FAN
10-28-2012, 11:24 PM
The difference between questioning some of the defensive schemes specifically today and suggesting the the D.C. be fired is the difference between possibly interesting discussion and a troll with an idiotic question.

Yeah, it's time to fire the D.C. and start a completely new scheme with someone else starting fresh...

http://community.mis.temple.edu/midnightgreen/files/2011/09/juan.jpg

great point. this is a troll thread.

you fire coordinators mid season to try and save your job. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

looks like it ain't gonna work in philly.

Toadofsteel
10-28-2012, 11:32 PM
This stat shows Killdrive's "genius":
Giants Red Zone Efficiency 1/4 - 25%
Cowboys Red Zone Efficiency 3/4 - 75%

Giants Third Down Efficiency 3/15 - 20%
CowboysThird Down Efficiency 7/14 - 50%

Huge difference. And we have Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Bradshaw, Blah blah blah.
The facts are the facts. And don't you just love the fact that the Steelers without Palomalu made RG3 look like the rookie he is? Just ponder on that.

The most damning thing is that all of those turnovers gave our offense a super short field. Aside from Cruz getting the dropsies again, the only other thing I can see is that Killdrive makes boneheaded decisions so many times:

-Wilson fumbles once... not seen again for 3 games, and then only as a KR. Bradshaw gets so many free passes when he's known to be an up-and-down player. I'm not saying perma-bench the guy, but if he's not on his game, have him sit the rest of that game and let him come in the next one fully Hulked out.

-Utilizing players incorrectly. In said running game, I saw a single series where Bradshaw ran up the middle for no gain, and then Brown was incomplete on a screen pass. SHOULDNT THAT BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND? A FREAKING HIGH SCHOOLER COULD TELL YOU THE BIG GUY GOES UP THE MIDDLE AND THE SHIFTY GUY IS USED FOR THE SCREEN...

-Running on 3rd and long, trying to long bomb on 3rd and short.

Seriously, Killdrive seems a bit bass-ackwards to me right now...

giantsforce
10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
The most damning thing is that all of those turnovers gave our offense a super short field. Aside from Cruz getting the dropsies again, the only other thing I can see is that Killdrive makes boneheaded decisions so many times:

-Wilson fumbles once... not seen again for 3 games, and then only as a KR. Bradshaw gets so many free passes when he's known to be an up-and-down player. I'm not saying perma-bench the guy, but if he's not on his game, have him sit the rest of that game and let him come in the next one fully Hulked out.

-Utilizing players incorrectly. In said running game, I saw a single series where Bradshaw ran up the middle for no gain, and then Brown was incomplete on a screen pass. SHOULDNT THAT BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND? A FREAKING HIGH SCHOOLER COULD TELL YOU THE BIG GUY GOES UP THE MIDDLE AND THE SHIFTY GUY IS USED FOR THE SCREEN...

-Running on 3rd and long, trying to long bomb on 3rd and short.

Seriously, Killdrive seems a bit bass-ackwards to me right now...The big question is: Is our HC aware of these stats and what is he doing about it? So far I have not seen him do anything. Either he is clueless on the stats or clueless on what to do. Either way it is bad. Sitting Brown and Wilson on the bench while he said that he doesn't want Bradshaw to be in the game without practicing and then putting him in every Sunday does not speak of a person who means what he says.

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 11:50 PM
The only stat that matters is 6-2.

giant-4-life
10-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I think the play calling was atrocious on Offense. then on Defense as we watched our lead slip away. what a mess.

Toadofsteel
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
The big question is: Is our HC aware of these stats and what is he doing about it? So far I have not seen him do anything. Either he is clueless on the stats or clueless on what to do. Either way it is bad. Sitting Brown and Wilson on the bench while he said that he doesn't want Bradshaw to be in the game without practicing and then putting him in every Sunday does not speak of a person who means what he says.

That's TC for you though... he ALWAYS favors the veterans. Even if it's a free agent pickup vs a second year draft pick. TC ALWAYS goes with the veteran unless it's blatantly obvious that the veteran has lost significant power, such as in the DD case...

giant-4-life
10-28-2012, 11:55 PM
What was up with cruz's butter fingers? dang!

giantsforce
10-29-2012, 12:05 AM
That's TC for you though... he ALWAYS favors the veterans. Even if it's a free agent pickup vs a second year draft pick. TC ALWAYS goes with the veteran unless it's blatantly obvious that the veteran has lost significant power, such as in the DD case...And that is one of the reasons why we lay stinkers. I am sorry but we got the ball with 1:03 and we could not run the clock out! Unbelievable!

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 12:10 AM
And that is one of the reasons why we lay stinkers. I am sorry but we got the ball with 1:03 and we could not run the clock out! Unbelievable!

Honestly, it's my ONE major gripe with TC. If it's a pass prot issue, then Brown better learn his **** quick, because if Bradshaw is getting all the snaps his feet won't hold up for long...

FuriousGeorge
10-29-2012, 12:10 AM

You are stupid.

P_Simms_#11
10-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Bring back Sheridan!

flimflam
10-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Im still not a Fewell fan. I cant say I hate hi, but I dont like him really either. You let the opposing team have three 100 yard receivers in one game? That is not defense. If anything, I think our offense is more than sufficient. Our defense is way too bendable and porous. I believe this D needs to be a lot more stingy, physical, and stout. Period.

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Im still not a Fewell fan. I cant say I hate hi, but I dont like him really either. You let the opposing team have three 100 yard receivers in one game? That is not defense. If anything, I think our offense is more than sufficient. Our defense is way too bendable and porous. I believe this D needs to be a lot more stingy, physical, and stout. Period.

7 turnovers though. Not complaining about that. Stevie saved the game today...

Marvelousmik
10-29-2012, 12:45 AM

PF needs to know how to cover a slant? or the players need to cover better? i think this post explains a lot. you guys actually feel the coaches are the ones playing.

sewy18
10-29-2012, 12:47 AM
LOL Fewell fired ???

He just won us a superbowl, why the heII should we fire him?

The giants Offense has been "terrible" both games this season vs Cowboys , maybe we should fire kevin gilbride?

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 12:51 AM
PF needs to know how to cover a slant? or the players need to cover better? i think this post explains a lot. you guys actually feel the coaches are the ones playing.

I did say we forced 7 turnovers. Defense did it's job. It was ugly, but they did their job. Offense was what nearly cost us the game.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 01:32 AM
should he be? our defense is atrocious. Got lit up by RG3 and Romo in consecutive weeks. I bet roethlisberger has a career day next week too. How many losing seasons have we had under Gilbride?8

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Im still not a Fwewell fan. I cant say I hate hi, but I dont like him really either. You let the opposing team have three 100 yard receivers in one game? That is not defense. If anything, I think our offense is more than sufficient. Our defense is way too bendable and porous. I believe this D needs to be a lot more stingy, physical, and stout. Period. What number jersey does Gilbride wear?

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 02:03 AM
yes fire Fewell, the D made too many huge plays today, we don't want huge plays !!!

but if we are talking about firing coordinators ... how does Spags still have a job??? love the guy, dont get me wrong, glad he still has a job, but did anyone watch SNF ... wow, truly no defense at all

and John Fox, the pre-spags god like figure ... i think he found a way to win in this league finally, ... a Manning

dave56dj
10-29-2012, 02:05 AM
NO, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO WATCH GAMES.

giantsfan420
10-29-2012, 02:24 AM
we lead the league in turnovers and r up there in turnover differential iirc

PRGiant
10-29-2012, 02:55 AM
I just hated all the zone defense going on. I get it when you play Vick, Newton and RG# and while Romo runs fine, you have to play man...We switched to man AFTER we losst the lead but the defensed finished the game strong. Maybe we don't get all the picks but I'm sure they wouldn't have moved the ball on us playing man earlier in the game.

PRGiant
10-29-2012, 02:56 AM
It shouldn't have been this close but Dallas has a good D. They lead the league in 3 and out's. I think we helped them stay on top of that...

Captain Chaos
10-29-2012, 04:56 AM

Really, if our DC can't hold the opposing team to less than 10 points with this talent he needs to be let go....

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Really, if our DC can't hold the opposing team to less than 10 points with this talent he needs to be let go....

yeah 17 net points is waaaay , too many ... i say we not only FIRE that imgrate Fewell, but we empty his office and have a bonfire with the contents

and then hire Castillo ... altho we do already have an offensive line coach, but anyway, we'll just hire him for spite

BMW
10-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Is it fewells fault that our receivers and bradshaw sucked also?

BillTheGreek
10-29-2012, 05:09 AM
OK .....This is what I can't figure out we blew a 23-0 Lead........I Lost track of all the Turnovers we got..It was Going Great, THEN>>>> the game came down to the Last minute ! I don't know how the G-Men got it done ! But you know what they DID ! they say a Win is a WIN ! Will Take it .

I'm Happy ! 6 & 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'ts better than 5 & 3 !!!

SweetZombieJesus
10-29-2012, 06:05 AM

And still settles for 3 in the red zone far too often.

SweetZombieJesus
10-29-2012, 06:08 AM
I've seen this before team being 62 then one day, things went bad.

2004: 5-3
2005: 6-2
2006: 6-2
2007: 6-2
2008: 7-1
2009: 5-3
2010: 6-2
2011: 6-2
2012: 6-2

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 06:54 AM

Congrats! You have set the record for most idiotic posts in one day!

giantsfam04
10-29-2012, 07:09 AM
We went 1 for 6 in the red zone, 1 for 6. If we score at least 2 td off the turnovers its a different game. Our O let the D down today, Dallas threw 62 times our d was gassed and cant blame them.

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 07:11 AM
2004: 5-32005: 6-22006: 6-22007: 6-22008: 7-12009: 5-32010: 6-22011: 6-22012: 6-2Yeah this season is far from over. Hopefully they can win the next two games and regrouped during the bye and fix some things.

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 07:18 AM
What was up with cruz's butter fingers? dang!

He hates contact and the Cowboys hit him constantly. He was bracketed a lot 2. They did a great job taking him out of his game

Rat_bastich
10-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Here is what I saw before power went out in the beginning of the 4th quarter. The Giants' offense failed to capitalize on the turnovers the defense got them. The Cowboys went into the locker room and made adjustments and came out in the second half a different team. The Giants' defense for whatever reason started playing a bit softer and the Cowboys came back. From then on the Giants did every thing they could to give the game to the Cowboys.

A team with a lead has a disadvantage when going into the locker room because adjustments are usually made on the losing side with the winning team going in with the mentaility to keep doing what they were doing. To me it seemed the Giants were not making the adjustments on the field after the half.

And, I see that we are at that point again of firing Fewell and Gilbride.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 08:01 AM
I think the play calling was atrocious on Offense. then on Defense as we watched our lead slip away. what a mess.

So, as we always ask, is that Eli or Gilbride?

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Yeah this season is far from over. Hopefully they can win the next two games and regrouped during the bye and fix some things.Buddy, you know what you are talking about. Giants better fix things up quick.

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Here is what I saw before power went out in the beginning of the 4th quarter. The Giants' offense failed to capitalize on the turnovers the defense got them. The Cowboys went into the locker room and made adjustments and came out in the second half a different team. The Giants' defense for whatever reason started playing a bit softer and the Cowboys came back. From then on the Giants did every thing they could to give the game to the Cowboys.

A team with a lead has a disadvantage when going into the locker room because adjustments are usually made on the losing side with the winning team

going in with the mentaility to keep doing what they were doing. To me it seemed the Giants were not making the adjustments on the field after the half.

And, I see that we are at that point again of firing Fewell and Gilbride.

it's not adjustments, IMO .. this is a momentum game and, unfortunately, we lost it, but FORTUNATELY we held on ... it's just how this league is, but one thing that is out of the ordinary for the NFL is for a team to have a 2.5 game lead in their division and this is a results business

and forget Fewell and Gilbride .... the way this board is ... it's merely a matter of time before they start calling for Coughlin's head and this is regardless of whether or not we win or lose ... Winning has no value to this board ... it's all about style points

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:10 AM
I blame db coach again. Many of our defenders were near their receivers and still didn't know how to defend a lot of passes even when the D-line brought pressure.

dezzzR
10-29-2012, 08:38 AM
I think the defense has way to much talent in the secondary to be playing like they are. Our secondary hasnt gotten any better since Fewell got here. Last year we gave up 1000 more yards than Sheridans defense in 09. Im not a big fan of his style. And seeing him smile after Moss' go ahead td in the 4th last week hasnt done him any favors in my book. Tired of our corners playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage before the snap, tired of WRs running wide open on go routes, or wide open in the middle of the field. Tired of the miscues by the safetys(mostly Rolle). Tired of not being able to stop the run. This has been going on since Perry has been here. This defense is better than what he has them playing at. Even JPP said after the game " we are not even at our full potential as a defense. We are probably at 50%." Imo we have the players for this to be a top 10 defense, Perry hasnt gotten them to that level and hes been here for 3 years. I think its time for change.

flimflam
10-29-2012, 08:51 AM
I think the defense has way to much talent in the secondary to be playing like they are. Our secondary hasnt gotten any better since Fewell got here. Last year we gave up 1000 more yards than Sheridans defense in 09. Im not a big fan of his style. And seeing him smile after Moss' go ahead td in the 4th last week hasnt done him any favors in my book. Tired of our corners playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage before the snap, tired of WRs running wide open on go routes, or wide open in the middle of the field. Tired of the miscues by the safetys(mostly Rolle). Tired of not being able to stop the run. This has been going on since Perry has been here. This defense is better than what he has them playing at. Even JPP said after the game " we are not even at our full potential as a defense. We are probably at 50%." Imo we have the players for this to be a top 10 defense, Perry hasnt gotten them to that level and hes been here for 3 years. I think its time for change.

Exactly. I am fine with Gilbride-yeah, sometimes he's vanilla, but we still score points. Fewell is way too passive at times, and he is the defensive coordinator of a defense that "bends" way too much. We are and always will be a defensive team, and the amount of yardage we give up should be unacceptable from the top down in the Giants organization.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Giants offense didnt do what they needed to do but did enough. They D got mutiple turnovers.....Yeah Fewelll needs to be fired....lol
Although on the other hand they got smoked through the air. They are getting beat by fast routes to the side lines. LBs are slow....ALL OF THEM!!!!!

thomsoad
10-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Right now the Eagles are probably wishing they had Castillo back. Eagles D was atrocious yesterday.

thomsoad
10-29-2012, 10:06 AM

Who gives a rats *** about total yards when we lead the league in takeaways? Six turnovers is OUTSTANDING. Turnovers for a D trump everything else.

BlueReign
10-29-2012, 10:07 AM
We should've had at least 40 points in the first half. Onus is on the offense.

thomsoad
10-29-2012, 10:13 AM
"I think the play calling was atrocious on Offense. then on Defense as we watched our lead slip away. what a mess."

And what exactly would you have done to improve the playcalling???
We tried to run the ball...we threw screens...we threw the ball down the field.
Whay EXACTLY would you have done differently?
The game plan wasnt the issue...it was 100% lack of execution.
Our offense was patheticaly flat and embarrassing.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 10:15 AM
HAHA were 6-2 and we have "fire him, no fire him" threads already happening?

LOL. Thank about how funny this would look from the outside. You see a team go 6-2 and playing solid football and you're like, "Dang that team is pretty good" ... Then you turn on NFL Network and all of a sudden you see they fired one of their most important coaches (DC). Scratch your head much?

wow.... cmon guys.

***Breaking News Houston Texans FIRE DC Wade Phillips after a 6-1 start to the season****

---ummm excuse me??

SuperNYGiants
10-29-2012, 10:47 AM
It's clear to me that Fewell's inconsistency stems from his flawed scheme, and as it was with Spags, he's very much reliant on the talent of the players to make his scheme look half-decent at times and awful on too many occasions.

But as it is the case with Gilbride living off of Eli, Fewell is living a charmed life by having the talent of the Giants step up at the right times to bail him out of his poor defensive scheme and all the yards and points his poor scheme is giving up gets shrugged off as an afterthought.

I would say that Spags has a better scheme than Fewell does, but I wouldn't really consider Spags to be a top defensive coordinator either as he's not really doing much at New Orleans, Peyton totally rip his defense apart last night.

Do I want Fewell gone? Let me put it this way, I won't block his driveway and plead not to leave. I trust the FO enough that they'll find at least a comparable replacement, and it won't be that hard to find one, but finding a GOOD dc is a whole another matter.

Unless Fewell really blows a playoff game or two, I don't see him getting fired.

Mistanihan
10-29-2012, 10:53 AM
No, he shouldn't. I think you guys are overreacting.

+1

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 11:00 AM
HAHA were 6-2 and we have "fire him, no fire him" threads already happening?

LOL. Thank about how funny this would look from the outside. You see a team go 6-2 and playing solid football and you're like, "Dang that team is pretty good" ... Then you turn on NFL Network and all of a sudden you see they fired one of their most important coaches (DC). Scratch your head much?

That's the thing though... we're NOT playing solid football. If we were, with the talent on this team, we'd be dropping 40-burgers every week, we'd have 600 yards of total offense every week, and we'd actually get into the goddamn endzone when a turnover gives us short field...

GameTime
10-29-2012, 11:05 AM
the top five defenses are letting up almost 300 yards a game on average and the top 5 offenses are putting up about 400 yards a game....
tells me ALL defesnsive schemes in the NFL are flawed......

BuffyBlueII
10-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Is it fewells fault that our receivers and bradshaw sucked also?

Surpirisingly it has been our defense that has been playing well the last month and our offense that has let us down.
It wasn’t PFs fault that after the defense goit the interception in the 4th that our offense couldn’t get the 1st down that would have ended the game.

Eli TO Shockey
10-29-2012, 11:10 AM
After every win , we should fire a differerent coach. Seems legit

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 11:21 AM
That's the thing though... we're NOT playing solid football. If we were, with the talent on this team, we'd be dropping 40-burgers every week, we'd have 600 yards of total offense every week, and we'd actually get into the goddamn endzone when a turnover gives us short field...You are so right.

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 12:07 PM
After every win , we should fire a differerent coach. Seems legit

lol

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 12:14 PM
lol

Would we get to pick the coach?