PDA

View Full Version : The receivers?

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Anybody concerned with Cruz and Nicks?
I know they aren't always going to have stellar games, but idk. Either Eli and them are not on the same page, or they are dropping balls.

Moke
10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
They weren't on the same page IMO. I just think it was a bad game to begin with. Maybe next weekend, they'll have a better game.

Rob Ryan must have really studied the tape for them.

Eliscruzzz
not Cruz but Nicks is starting to worry me a little. But keep in mind he is coming off injury ,he missed TC, and teams are doubling him every play.

BMW
So you did not see all the dropped balls?

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:20 PM
So you did not see all the dropped balls?So you did not see the last sentence of my post?

Moke
10-28-2012, 09:29 PM
So you did not see all the dropped balls?

It'd be amazing if you actually read.

Cloud57
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
as long as we win I think it's not so bad because if cruz keeps on making big plays that's more $$$ we have to pay him lol

WEG313
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Cruz dropped 3 passes in the first half (not including the dropped pass/interception on the hit in the 3Q)...Nicks dropped 2 first half passes and created no separation all day long...and Bennett dropped 2 first half passes. Without all those drops, the Giants would have had at least 8 more points in the first half, and would have cruised to the victory. It was the worst day for Giants receivers in 5 years.

BMW
10-28-2012, 09:34 PM
You said Eli was not on the same page, and I asked did you see the dropped balls. This pathetic offense was all on the receivers and Bradshaw.

Moke
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
You said Eli was not on the same page, and I asked did you see the dropped balls. This pathetic offense was all on the receivers and Bradshaw.

Then you have reading comprehension problems

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Nicks is definitely not 100%. Cruz plays poorly against Dallas. I think we're seeing a trend there. They probably should have used Hixon a lot more early on, even though he made some bonehead plays too by falling short on third down plays. Not sure why Randle doesn't get more time. He had two really nice catches, and didn't get in much after those.

BMW
10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Then you have reading comprehension problems

Are you high, I am not even talking to you.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM

I wasn't implying that Eli and the receivers are not the on the same play. I was insinuating that maybe Eli and the receivers aren't on the same page..OR they are, but are just dropping balls.

Like, it's one thing or the other basically. Eli is either throwing too high or low, or the receivers are just dropping catchable balls.

drewz
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Cruz needs to learn to beat press coverage, they were pretty phsyical with us

Rusty192
10-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Cruz needs to learn to beat press coverage, they were pretty phsyical with usThat's Cruz's drawback. You get physical with him he becomes ineffective.

Rudyy
10-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Tha'ts Cruz's drawback. You get physical with him he becomes infective.He needs to learn how to play physical. That's where I give Hakeem the edge.

Ruttiger711
10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
not Cruz but Nicks is starting to worry me a little. But keep in mind he is coming off injury ,he missed TC, and teams are doubling him every play.

Why one and not the other? Nicks' drops were pretty tightly contested .... Cruz's were just through his hands aside from when he got hit. But that's also a play we were getting used to seeing him make.

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Tha'ts Cruz's drawback. You get physical with him he becomes infective.

That's why he's best on the slot. If that's the issue, put him in motion.

BigBlue1971
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
this was a division game! Cruz, Nicks and Eli all had C- games.

more times than not these division games are survival of the fittest!

mommy2dylan
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
I hate to give credit but they are a much improved defense that matches up well against us .... Receivers lacked some focus, I also think this wasn't Eli best game and also not a great game plan by Gilbrite ... but hey I'll wake the ugly win cause the only thing that can happen after a performance like that is to get better.

stormblue
10-28-2012, 09:55 PM
cruz had the dropsies.
nicks can't get separation or yac and is still a
liability.his game is physical power....and he is
not overpowering anyone. goes down like a house of cards.

put cruz back in the slot and use hixon , barden and randle until
nicks is 100%.

Moke
10-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Are you high, I am not even talking to you.

Can't even write.

Rich4114
10-28-2012, 10:51 PM
The Cowboys have one of the best CB groups in the league too. Their strength is playing the outside and we go to the outside a lot. Yes, they were off but I think we would've seen more plays converted had they gone to the middle of the field more often.

It also didn't help that it was 3rd and 8 every time since we only were banging out 1 yard runs all day.