PDA

View Full Version : Andre Brown must be frustrated

NorwoodBlue
10-28-2012, 10:16 PM
The guy is playing well, and he gets three carries. 3 carries, 21 yards (one of the carries was a goal line carry, so he only got a yard or two). He averaged 7 yd/carry with one TD. Of the two non-goal line carries, his long was 14.

Bradshaw got 22 carries, long of 12, average of 3.5, 78 yd total, and one lost fumble.

I just don't get what the coaching staff is thinking. When you're leading 23-0 why on earth would you not put Brown in and let him try to get a rythym going in the running game? I swear I've seen the linemen turn around after some of Bradshaw's cutback BS, and gesture like "what to hell is he doing over there, that's not where the hole was?" Bradshaw runs very high for a short guy, and doesn't hit the holes hard any more. He's kind of become a miniature Brandon Jacobs. As a fan it frustrates the hell out of me, I can only imagine what Andre feels like. I think the line likes blocking for Brown a lot more too, they know he's going to try to hit the hole fast, and get to the secondary running north and south. With Bradshaw they don't have a clue what he's going to do.

DemandedAce
10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I agree. Brown doesn't dance and run literally into our line men's backs like Bradshaw was doing. After his fumble I thought we'd see more brown but consistency isn't high on this team lol ah well

Coach Carter
10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
I am not a big Bradshaw fan. After the fumble he should have been benched and Brown should have been fed the ball.

Also, what happened to the double TE formation with Diehl as a TE? Gilbride needed to pound the ball with big formations.

The_ One
10-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Looks like they don't want to upset "the baby" Bradshaw, he might throw a fit on the bench if taken out. Brown has 2 nice strong runs, and then I see him called to the sidelines and here come Bradshaw on third and short, now the defense knows it's a passing play, reason for Bradshaw being is because he is a good blocker, in a sense the surprise is pretty much negated by bringing in Bradshaw just when the previous back was tearing through the defense. R. Brown has been running hard all year, the kid hits the hole with a mean streak.

Giantslb66
10-28-2012, 10:46 PM
That dude would have gotten a first down on our last series that took a whole 16 seconds off of the clock. We need more Brown!!!

BlueSanta
10-28-2012, 10:53 PM
I believe if Brown was as capable in pass protection as Bradshaw, then we would see him more.

Giants5699
10-28-2012, 10:56 PM
I hate when we run shotgun draws too. Just putting that out there. May as well dial up a loss of 2 every time.

mike kennedy
10-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Brown will get his chance.

G-MENBK
10-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Brown will get his chance.

When's that, when Bradshaw comes down with an injury?

Toadofsteel
10-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Bradshaw is the Incredible Hulk. When he's angry, he can run on anyone. But eventually he gets spent and there's a couple games where he can't do anything. The coaches need to be mindful of that and take that into account.

thegiantsrule10
10-28-2012, 11:16 PM
I would be to if i was him.

Cloud57
10-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Wilson must be too

nycisgreat
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
I am not a big Bradshaw fan. After the fumble he should have been benched and Brown should have been fed the ball.

Also, what happened to the double TE formation with Diehl as a TE? Gilbride needed to pound the ball with big formations.

Oh he was benched the very next series. AB#2 had two carries for 14 and 6 yds, but not a peep else after that. Why didn't they use AB#2 more is beside me. Sometimes he dance around like he has happy feet.