PDA

View Full Version : thoughts about Pittsburgh

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Tough game, but I think we'll win a close one. Their defense hasn't been too impressive. A little worried about their offense. Dwyer's had a couple big games, and I don't like how their receivers match up against our CBs, We win something like 30-24. Thoughts?

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Well their unimpressive defense looked a lot better than the Giants defense did against Washington. Plus the a giants have a bad red zone offense. They will most likely have to score on long scoring plays because once they hit the red zone it's field goal time.

Ruttiger711
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Miller. Our secondary plays like they did tonight, Big Ben goes over 400 yards easily.

tikiandphil
10-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Tough game, but I think we'll win a close one. Their defense hasn't been too impressive. A little worried about their offense. Dwyer's had a couple big games, and I don't like how their receivers match up against our CBs, We win something like 30-24. Thoughts?

Let's be honest. the Steelers spanked the redskins today. The Giants will have to be at their best to win. I believe they will win and it will be a true test.

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Let's be honest. the Steelers spanked the redskins today. The Giants will have to be at their best to win. I believe they will win and it will be a true test.

agreed. We'll need to be at our best.

mike kennedy
10-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Bens not quick, but he can move.

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Hopefully KP will be back and hopefully they give Webster lots of help.

drewz
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
You got to be worried about Ben's ability to extend plays.. Their oline is pretty banged up, so if we don't get pressure it'll be a long day

Toadofsteel
10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Hopefully KP will be back and hopefully they give Webster lots of help.

If we have KP and JW back, that will be tremendous on defense. I'm pretty pumped to see a 3 safety set with Stevie as the wild card safety...

Having JW back means we can keep Kiwi at DE, and keep the pressure on.

thegiantsrule10
The kid in front of me in my english class is a steelers fan so we better win. i'm not going to be taking his crap that whole week.

Hessian
They play hard nosed football, in fact they write the script for it. The Gmen need to be ready to be punched in the face and do likewise.

Overdrive92
10-28-2012, 11:18 PM
They are not a very good road team this year. As seen, they lost to two of the league's worst teams (the Raiders and Titans) on the road.

This doesn't mean we should take them lightly though.

SackingMyths
10-28-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't see their secondary being able to shut down our strongest asset on O -- our passing game/WRs. They don't have CBs like Dallas. Not even close. AND Polamalu's no closer to returning and Ryan Clark left the game today with a concussion, so they may be down both starting safeties.

I see us being able to move the ball against them and most likely, vice versa. D-Line's gotta get Ben to the ground when they get their shots. After playing Cam, Vick, RG3 and Romo, that may actually be easier to accomplish than we've seen in weeks...

Cloud57
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM
they're not a good road team

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Ben can extend plays as good as anyone and is better than any of those QB's mentioned.

thegiantsrule10
10-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Their not good on the road but we're not good at home.

SackingMyths
10-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Which is why I said it's important to get him to the ground.

Just like to argue, dont you?

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Not arguing. Why would it be easier to get him to the ground though?

FlyingTruck
10-28-2012, 11:34 PM
If we don't win I literally won't be able to talk to any of my friends for a few days. I live in central PA. I see the amount of crap they talk on FB...we need to win.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-28-2012, 11:37 PM
what the steelers did against washington means nothing,,it was a divisional game such as todays and thats just the way they tend to shake out. has everybody forgotten that we beat down a highly regarded 49ers team in san fran? this is the same script,,different year.

giantsforce
10-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Well their unimpressive defense looked a lot better than the Giants defense did against Washington. Plus the a giants have a bad red zone offense. They will most likely have to score on long scoring plays because once they hit the red zone it's field goal time.Well said. Here is something to think about:
Giants defense Att Yards TD LG Steelers Defense Att Yards TD LG

Alfred Morris

30 Alfred Morris 13 59 0 12

RG3

Cp/at yds td int

20/28

Cp/at yds td int

RG3 16/34 177 1 0

GiantWarfare
10-28-2012, 11:48 PM
wait the Steelers game is at our place? Oh man...

Joe D. 416
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
I was at the last meeting in '08, at Pittsburgh. Awesome win, my first game I went to; and this, my first post!

rtahsin
10-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Our secondary will have their hands full. I think Pittsburgh might have the quickest WR corps in the whole league plus they have a reliable TE in Heath Miller. With Big Ben throwing the ball, they cannot afford to play like they did today. Prince had a bad game and I think he'll be fine but CWebb has to get it together.

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 11:56 PM
I tell you what Big Ben is awesome on 3rd down this game is going to be a dogfight but if the Giants do what they are supposed to do they should win. The question is will both sides of the ball show up. Looks like Steelers found a small bus at running back too.

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:02 AM
if tuck and osi dont wake up big ben is going to teabag us.

GiantWarfare
10-29-2012, 12:05 AM
BTW this next game is our first test against an elite QB

FuriousGeorge
10-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Wow, you people are idiots - no wonder I rarely post here. First off we have the second best passing offense IN THE LEAGUE. Without Polamalu we have this one in the bag. While our running game lacks, we have a substantial passing game - and this is where we will win this game. It astounds me that although we have gotten 2 Superbowls in the last 4 years you idiots still doubt the masterminds behind them.

egyptian420
10-29-2012, 12:26 AM
They are not a very good road team this year. As seen, they lost to two of the league's worst teams (the Raiders and Titans) on the road.

This doesn't mean we should take them lightly though.We're also not the most dominant team at home

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Wow, you people are idiots - no wonder I rarely post here. First off we have the second best passing offense IN THE LEAGUE. Without Polamalu we have this one in the bag. While our running game lacks, we have a substantial passing game - and this is where we will win this game. It astounds me that although we have gotten 2 Superbowls in the last 4 years you idiots still doubt the masterminds behind them.

we are idoits because we dont think this one is in the bag? what about tonight was that in the bag, you know we won by an inch?

giantsforce
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Wow, you people are idiots - no wonder I rarely post here. First off we have the second best passing offense IN THE LEAGUE. Without Polamalu we have this one in the bag. While our running game lacks, we have a substantial passing game - and this is where we will win this game. It astounds me that although we have gotten 2 Superbowls in the last 4 years you idiots still doubt the masterminds behind them.The masterminds behind the curtain called the Giants are just like the Wizard of Oz, just smoke an mirrors and a prayer that no one will peak behind the curtain. This substantial passing game you are referring so loudly, could not make one lousy 1st down with 1:03 to run out the clock and we had to have the ugly finish. Not to mention the atrocious 25% efficiency in the red zone. If you defense gives you the ball inside the 20 5 times and you score 1 TD, you have nothing in the bag. Just ponder on this, if the D had not scored the TD, what would the score have been? Where was the 2nd best passing offense? All I know is you can move the ball up and down the field as much as you like, but if you get inside the 20 and you come up empty, well you figure out the rest.

egyptian420
10-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Wow, you people are idiots - no wonder I rarely post here. First off we have the second best passing offense IN THE LEAGUE. Without Polamalu we have this one in the bag. While our running game lacks, we have a substantial passing game - and this is where we will win this game. It astounds me that although we have gotten 2 Superbowls in the last 4 years you idiots still doubt the masterminds behind them.We got this one in the bag? Where was our substantial passing game tonight?

Don't call realistic fans idiots just because they're not homers . Some take it too far but most people are upset at how awful we played. Blowing a 12 point lead, not being able to pass or run the ball for jack, not being able to stop a guy who was literally getting targeted on every single play, blowing a TD pass when it was obvious they would be going deep and then we get the biggest break ever that saved us...... And you're able to sit there and say 'we got our next game in the bag'?

You are out of your mind.... And btw... All of these' idiot' fans you speak of all wanted us to win, we all want to win and we're happy we won, but this inconsistent team deserves criticism after such a God awful performance.

TheEnigma
10-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Good news: Steelers secondary is a lot easier to deal with than the Cowboys CB duo. They can be beat in the deep passing game.

Bad news: Steelers WR corps and Big Ben. Those speedy little devils are a pretty underrated group that could take advantage of Webster and Rolle. Then there's that guy Heath Miller who is a pretty good and balanced player.

gmenfan0488
10-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Exactly. their passing defense should be much better for us, but also we also need to be worried offensively with Ben, Miller, .Wallace. etc

gmenfan0488
10-29-2012, 12:46 AM
We got this one in the bag? Where was our substantial passing game tonight?

Don't call realistic fans idiots just because they're not homers . Some take it too far but most people are upset at how awful we played. Blowing a 12 point lead, not being able to pass or run the ball for jack, not being able to stop a guy who was literally getting targeted on every single play, blowing a TD pass when it was obvious they would be going deep and then we get the biggest break ever that saved us...... And you're able to sit there and say 'we got our next game in the bag'?

You are out of your mind.... And btw... All of these' idiot' fans you speak of all wanted us to win, we all want to win and we're happy we won, but this inconsistent team deserves criticism after such a God awful performance.

The Steelers passing defense is banged up, we should do well against them passing

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Good news: Steelers secondary is a lot easier to deal with than the Cowboys CB duo. They can be beat in the deep passing game.

Bad news: Steelers WR corps and Big Ben. Those speedy little devils are a pretty underrated group that could take advantage of Webster and Rolle. Then there's that guy Heath Miller who is a pretty good and balanced player. so a shoot out? bet the over?

egyptian420
10-29-2012, 12:53 AM
The Steelers passing defense is banged up, we should do well against them passingThey actually have a pretty good pass defense and their linebackers will feast on any QB.

I don't expect us to play like today but if we do, we will lose 100% unless we get lucky again

TheEnigma
10-29-2012, 12:56 AM
so a shoot out? bet the over?

Probably 20+ points for both teams assuming it goes how the game looks on paper. Should be interesting to see how Ryan Clark's health looks for the upcoming week since he's the FS for the Steelers. Troy is more of a run stopping/blitzing kind of defensive back.

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 12:56 AM

/thread. /all the threads. This is the sentiment REAL giants fans have. Happy for the win, but a sense of dread about the near future.

GiantGremlin
10-29-2012, 12:59 AM

You can have the best passing game in the history of the NFL, but if you can't get it in the end zone than it doesn't mean a whole lot. The Giants have benefitted from Washington & Dallas's very sloppy play over the last 2 weeks, and they're not very good at home either - I think the Steelers will come out crisp & sharp, and the Giants need to match their intensity - it's far from being in the bag though.

egyptian420
10-29-2012, 01:03 AM
You can have the best passing game in the history of the NFL, but if you can't get it in the end zone than it doesn't mean a whole lot. The Giants have benefitted from Washington & Dallas's very sloppy play over the last 2 weeks, and they're not very good at home either - I think the Steelers will come out crisp & sharp, and the Giants need to match their intensity - it's far from being in the bag though.+1....we really need to pull things together...that was such a pathetic performance we seen tonight right after the 23-0 point until the end

alentown pa
10-29-2012, 09:24 AM
if tuck and osi dont wake up big ben is going to teabag us.

creepers gonna creep

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
if tuck and osi dont wake up big ben is going to teabag us.I'm sure he knows a lot about tea bagging.

alentown pa
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
I agree with Buddy33 the steelers looked much better against the skins than we did and thats what you are supposed to go off of when deciding who is going to win this week...This week the Giants play an Elite NFL and we have proven over the last 5 seasons we just don't match up with the big boys in the NFL..what a nightmare this game will be...I'm not going to even watch.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 09:30 AM
I agree with Buddy33 the steelers looked much better against the skins than we did and thats what you are supposed to go off of when deciding who is going to win this week...This week the Giants play an Elite NFL and we have proven over the last 5 seasons we just don't match up with the big boys in the NFL..what a nightmare this game will be...I'm not going to even watch. That's not true

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
I agree with Buddy33 the steelers looked much better against the skins than we did and thats what you are supposed to go off of when deciding who is going to win this week...This week the Giants play an Elite NFL and we have proven over the last 5 seasons we just don't match up with the big boys in the NFL..what a nightmare this game will be...I'm not going to even watch.

actually no - one doesnt equal the other...

bigblue58
10-29-2012, 10:02 AM

After the roller coaster in Dallas, I don't know what the Giants will do anymore!
We have been letting potential blowouts get away like some teams let regular wins get away.
We should be the hottest team in the NFL...but we are just getting by because our red zone offense sucks and we can't seem to stop any receivers in the middle of the field.
We are living or dying by the FG like the Yankees lived and died by the Home Run.....and we saw how that ended for them!
Opponents now have a much simpler game plan against us.....knowing that we can't get into the endzone inside the 20, they will concentrate on stopping us outside Tynes's FG range.
Its gotta get fixed, these red zone problems or we will see another second half swoon like every other year we started 6-2.

Pksoze
10-29-2012, 10:09 AM

I hope that's sarcasm...the Giants have beaten the Packers,Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers over the last 5 years. To say we can't beat the big boys of the league is downright ludicrous. This is a tough game for us...I'm sure. But this is also a tough game for those guys.

alentown pa
10-29-2012, 10:17 AM
actually no - one doesnt equal the other...

thanks for clearing that up all-star

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 10:18 AM
thanks for clearing that up all-star

always happy to point out false logic.... champ

alentown pa
10-29-2012, 10:20 AM
always happy to point out false logic.... champ

nothing gets by you