PDA

View Full Version : This could be Coughlin's last meaningful game on Saturday

Schaetz23
12-19-2011, 10:22 AM
The Jet game Saturday could be Coughlin's last meaningful game as Giants head coach. Hopefully the Giants can show up for this one against the Jets. Bradshaw needs 15-20 carries at the minumum. Few ell needs to dial up some blitzes and stop relying on a 4 man pass rush while offenses are keeping 6 guys in to protect. The season isn't over and the Giants should be fighting until the last second

thomsoad
12-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Unless he retires Coughlin isnt going anywhere.

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM

He's going to stage a sit-in at Metlife?

Because if he doesn't get into the playoffs again this year, he won't be coaching the Gmen in 2012.

Giantsin04
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
If he does leave, I hope they send Reese with him.

yatitle
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
This is history repeating itself. If you remember the Giants blowing that 24 point lead against SF in the 2002 playoffs there was some talk Fassel might lose his job. But they brought him back in 2003 and a 4-12 disaster followed and he was canned with 2 games remaining. TC should have been let go after last year based on the Eagle collapse. Case of keeping him around 1 year too many and he too will be canned after this year.

buddy33
12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
The lockout and injuries will allow this entire coaching staff a pass this year.

They are prime to get blown out this week though. The players are pointing fingers and while getting punched in the face at home yesterday could do nothing about it. They don't really care and are laughing at the fans as they cash their million dollar pay checks.

thomsoad
12-19-2011, 10:59 AM

Because if he doesn't get into the playoffs again this year, he won't be coaching the Gmen in 2012.

Id put a wager on that.

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM

Id put a wager on that.

Season tickets? The GNP of Bolivia? The national debt?

Name your price.

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM
I dont think he gets another job at his age.The Giants should give him a job within the organization.

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 11:04 AM
The lockout and injuries will allow this entire coaching staff a pass this year.

They are prime to get blown out this week though. The players are pointing fingers and while getting punched in the face at home yesterday could do nothing about it. They don't really care and are laughing at the fans as they cash their million dollar pay checks. I cant see it how do u sell the fan base on another season like this.Either they need to gut the team of the veterans that have been here and bring in all new players or they need to change the message.

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 11:28 AM
This is history repeating itself. If you remember the Giants blowing that 24 point lead against SF in the 2002 playoffs there was some talk Fassel might lose his job. But they brought him back in 2003 and a 4-12 disaster followed and he was canned with 2 games remaining. TC should have been let go after last year based on the Eagle collapse. Case of keeping him around 1 year too many and he too will be canned after this year.

Yeah but Fassel's big meltdown was in the 2002 playoffs (Coughlin's was in the 2008 playoffs). He then lost the team in 2003 (Coughlin has lost the team in the 2nd half of 2009, 2010, and 2011).

Many, myself included, speculate that if it weren't for the lockout he would have been gone last year.

He's done.

buddy33
12-19-2011, 11:31 AM

They are prime to get blown out this week though. The players are pointing fingers and while getting punched in the face at home yesterday could do nothing about it. They don't really care and are laughing at the fans as they cash their million dollar pay checks. I cant see it how do u sell the fan base on another season like this.Either they need to gut the team of the veterans that have been here and bring in all new players or they need to change the message.

I think they guy the vets before they fire the coaches. Just the way I feel. Maybe they fire all the coaches and get rid of the vets.

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Coughlin's last meaningful game was in February of 2008.

thomsoad
12-19-2011, 11:51 AM

Id put a wager on that.

Name your price.

More of a figure of speech ... but if you win you get bragging rights.

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Id put a wager on that.

Name your price.

More of a figure of speech ... but if you win you get bragging rights.

I just can't see the Maras holding on to TC if he fails to make the playoffs for three straight years.

Especially with having a "franchise" QB.

I happen to think TC is a good coach ... but obviously it has its limits.

To underscore the point more ... take out 2007 and TC has never won a playoff game.

Big Blue 418
12-19-2011, 12:23 PM
If the Giants lose Saturday ... Coughlin will announce his " retirement " after the season ..... They will give him his dignity but really they can't keep giving him one year contract after missing the playoffs .... He ain't exactly a spring chicken either...

Don't use the lockout as an excuse and injuries don't justify losses to the Skins and Sehawks sorry the excuses have run out

Seagull10
12-19-2011, 12:48 PM
If he losses the next 2 games he might be out. I would really like to know who is giving him advise, if any, on challanges. The last couple of weeks he seems as if he is just throwing away timeouts and challanges when it is clear the call was right. If he isn't geting advise he needs to and if he is he needs to fire who ever is giving it to him