PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say this because he's single handedly taken over games, but...

giantfan1976
10-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Victor Cruz is starting to look like Steve Smith Part II. Don't get me wrong, Vic's will to make plays has led to some long catch and run plays that Steve Smith never had. But, one year SS leads the league in yards from the slot position and then becomes a volleyball setter, tipping balls to defensive backs for interceptions. Same thing with Vic. He's one of the best slot guys last year, but it seems like he's losing focus. He's cost the team a few interceptions this year.

Buddy333
10-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Really?

appodictic
10-28-2012, 11:33 PM
I respect your opionion, but Im glad your not affiliated with the giants organization.

Manning
10-28-2012, 11:34 PM
He got crushed... He is no Steve smith

Javelin390
10-28-2012, 11:34 PM
I respect your opionion, but Im glad your not affiliated with the giants organization.

This was so good, i'll second it

GmenFan1980
10-28-2012, 11:35 PM
He cost us exactly 1 interception :S(and that pass was a little high to be fair)

against the Browns and Bucs he was clearly held and interfered with that led to interceptions. everyone has bad games.

Look at Calvin Johnson against the Bears for example.

gmenfan0488
10-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Really? Cruz's only bad games this season have been against dallas. He's still one of the best receivers in the league. 5th ranked receiver in the league in yards,

Flip Empty
10-28-2012, 11:36 PM
What the hell?

Toadofsteel
10-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Here's my tinfoil hat theory:

I don't question his skill. What I actually question his loyalty. Most of the time he's great for us. Even double covered he makes it work. But to me, it's strange that he has his best games vs the 49ers and Eagles, while disappearing vs the Cowboys. The only play of any significance he's had vs them was that one td catch where he was up against terrence freaking newman. Cruz is a known Cowboys fan. I think he was trying to give away the game. Watch him rebound BIG vs the steelers.

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 11:38 PM
smh the threads just keep getting more and more ridiculous....

NYGabriel
10-28-2012, 11:38 PM
The amount of silly threads tonight is beyond ridiculous. Some of you so called fans are almost comical.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 11:39 PM
no he got doubled and they kept a safety back there,. its eli's and gilbrides job to find the other targets. just because cruz gets a finger tip on it doesnt mean it was a good pass you know. Cruz is likely the most gifted guy on offense

NYGabriel

Hey, great minds.

Flip Empty
Jesus

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 11:40 PM

I don't question his skill. What I actually question his loyalty. Most of the time he's great for us. Even double covered he makes it work. But to me, it's strange that he has his best games vs the 49ers and Eagles, while disappearing vs the Cowboys. The only play of any significance he's had vs them was that one td catch where he was up against terrence freaking newman. Cruz is a known Cowboys fan. I think he was trying to give away the game. Watch him rebound BIG vs the steelers.what Cruz had almost 300 yards against the Cowboys last year... let's face it they upgraded their secondary they will figure them out.

giantfan1976
10-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't subscribe to the "double-agent" theory, but he just has too many games where he's dropping easy catches because of a lack of focus.

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I don't subscribe to the "double-agent" theory, but he just has too many games where he's dropping easy catches because of a lack of focus.the dude leads the league in td's and has 650 yards receiving what more do you want from him, everyone had drops today not just Cruz.

Drez
10-28-2012, 11:42 PM
He cost us exactly 1 interception :S(and that pass was a little high to be fair)

against the Browns and Bucs he was clearly held and interfered with that led to interceptions. everyone has bad games.

Look at Calvin Johnson against the Bears for example.
And he didn't even cost us that pick. That had to be one of the flukiest picks I've ever seen. It's right up there with the KP pick of the ball that went of Witten's ankle.

Giants5699
10-28-2012, 11:43 PM
the entire offense played like diarrhea today

Bradshaw was just awful... The receivers played like crap. The playcalling was abysmal.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 11:45 PM
wait what? you think cruz threw the game because he is closet cowboy fan?? lol this is funny i thought only us fans were called other teams fans now its the players

Eliscruzzz
10-28-2012, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Harooni;557374]wait what? you think cruz threw the game because he is closet cowboy fan?? lol this is funny i thought only us fans were called other teams fans now its the players[/QUOTE lmao it getting comical in here.

Drez
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
the entire offense played like diarrhea today

Bradshaw was just awful... The receivers played like crap. The playcalling was abysmal.
The play calling was fine for the most part. The execution sucked.

The defense, when they weren't turning the ball over, played like crap, too. It was definitely a feast or famine day for the defense, lol.

Tommy_Ribs
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Cruz did not play one of his better games today. The play that had the INT he got crushed on it was not his fault.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 11:52 PM
wait what? you think cruz threw the game because he is closet cowboy fan?? lol this is funny i thought only us fans were called other teams fans now its the players lmao it getting comical in here. lol yeah, now i heard it all . wasnt obvious their game plan and skins was to contain cruz, no secret he is a great rec.

Harooni
10-28-2012, 11:55 PM
next thing you know they will call Bradshaw a troll,

FBomb
10-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Victor Cruz is starting to look like Steve Smith Part II. Don't get me wrong, Vic's will to make plays has led to some long catch and run plays that Steve Smith never had. But, one year SS leads the league in yards from the slot position and then becomes a volleyball setter, tipping balls to defensive backs for interceptions. Same thing with Vic. He's one of the best slot guys last year, but it seems like he's losing focus. He's cost the team a few interceptions this year.

Funny, that being the reason you "hate to say this"......I would have hated saying it based on it's sheer stupidity

wideright91
10-29-2012, 12:10 AM
So, he'll catch TD's against the Cowboys, but is also trying to give games away? Yep, theory checks out. Someone hand this man some crap in a bag.

I don't question his skill. What I actually question his loyalty. Most of the time he's great for us. Even double covered he makes it work. But to me, it's strange that he has his best games vs the 49ers and Eagles, while disappearing vs the Cowboys. The only play of any significance he's had vs them was that one td catch where he was up against terrence freaking newman. Cruz is a known Cowboys fan. I think he was trying to give away the game. Watch him rebound BIG vs the steelers.

berya
10-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Wow.

G-MENBK
10-29-2012, 12:14 AM
I recall a thread a bit earlier - forget what the topic was - that shifted to talk about Cruz and Nicks. I got jumped because I said that Nicks is more reliable when it comes to coming down with the ball when he has defenders on him.

After today's game, my opinion has not changed in the slightest.

myles2424
10-29-2012, 12:17 AM

The fact that your serious is disturbing...

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:19 AM
lets use our heads why would cruz throw games and play poor on purpose when he is in a contract year?

bearbryant
10-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Was the original post in red?

GiantGremlin
10-29-2012, 12:34 AM

LOL, so Cruz is conspiring against the Giants? Do you think he gave the Cowboys their playbook just like Jacobs apparently did to help the Giants beat the Niners?

BeatYale
10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
In Cruz's defense at least he's had a few big games this season. Nicks on the other hand has been too unproductive since the Tampa Bay game. I know he's been hurt and missed some games, but since being back he hasn't shown much.

Harooni
10-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Cruz is a double agent 008
http://colorlines.com/archival_images/victor-cruz-grammy-salsa-stage.jpg

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 12:39 AM
LOL, so Cruz is conspiring against the Giants? Do you think he gave the Cowboys their playbook just like Jacobs apparently did to help the Giants beat the Niners?

Because him being "blanketed" makes total sense when he was "blanketed" by the 49ers and skins and still produced huge numbers...

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Because him being "blanketed" makes total sense when he was "blanketed" by the 49ers and skins and still produced huge numbers...You can't be serious you really think Cruz folds when we play Dallas cause that is the team he rooted for growing up???Do you know how ridiculous this sounds.

berya
10-29-2012, 12:47 AM
This thread just keeps getting and better... Now Cruz is throwing games against the Cowboys. WTF? Are some of you for real? This game sure made some people trip much more than usual and it's a game we won.

joeybagadonutz23
10-29-2012, 12:51 AM
Really dude? I saw the get back alley mugged at least 3x with no call. I hope he left his wallt in the locker room.

BlueSanta
10-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Cruz is 5th in the league in receptions
Cruz is 5th in the league in rec yards.

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you said.

shotcalla39
10-29-2012, 01:34 AM
He's only been the best WR Ib the league since the start of last year ... Steve smith was never close to being the best

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 01:41 AM
:y
Victor Cruz is starting to look like Steve Smith Part II. Don't get me wrong, Vic's will to make plays has led to some long catch and run plays that Steve Smith never had. But, one year SS leads the league in yards from the slot position and then becomes a volleyball setter, tipping balls to defensive backs for interceptions. Same thing with Vic. He's one of the best slot guys last year, but it seems like he's losing focus. He's cost the team a few interceptions this year. Let's not stop there, Nicks and Hixon too, i'd throw Eli as well.

Overdrive92
10-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Cruz is a known Cowboys fan. I think he was trying to give away the game.

...You must be joking, right?

What will they say next? "Cruz is secretly gonna' kill Eli in his sleep!"

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Here's my tinfoil hat theory: I don't question his skill. What I actually question his loyalty. Most of the time he's great for us. Even double covered he makes it work. But to me, it's strange that he has his best games vs the 49ers and Eagles, while disappearing vs the Cowboys. The only play of any significance he's had vs them was that one td catch where he was up against terrence freaking newman. Cruz is a known Cowboys fan. I think he was trying to give away the game. Watch him rebound BIG vs the steelers. OY VEY

dmighty326
10-29-2012, 11:16 AM

Wayyyyy of. Without Cruz this year we have at least 2 less wins.

dmighty326
10-29-2012, 11:19 AM

Is his account still active? It shouldn't be after this ridiculous remarks.

G-MANning4Life
10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Really? Cruz's only bad games this season have been against dallas. He's still one of the best receivers in the league. 5th ranked receiver in the league in yards,
Yeah, Dallas had his number this season. They recognized how big of a threat he is and they made sure they could do everything in their power to make him a non-factor in the games they played. Other than that, he has been vital to our team week in and week out, even if it's just his double coverage or crossing routes that took attention away from other receivers such as Hixon or Randall so they could gain us yards. He's a real team player who is not afraid to let someone else shine.

tcseacliff
10-29-2012, 11:28 AM
I am wondering, did the giants actually cause the picks, or did the cowboys cause them? I really would have liked it it if the giants would have at least turned one of them into a TD the other way. to have all those turnovers and get almost nothing for them , over an over. how could they have the skills to cause the turnovers, but then no skills to finish! very worrisome.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 11:29 AM
you cant fix stupid.....

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Well Cruz was short on concentration this game ... Who knows maybe he was concerned about getting home and making sure his family was ok with this upcoming mess. If only just in the back of his mind it could have had an effect.

Pawn2KingCMD
10-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Agreed ... I'm readin this thinking ToadofSteel & giantsfan1976 Can't be this Ree Tar Dead ..smh