PDA

View Full Version : Request for Eli and Gilbride:

Tommy_Ribs
10-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Guys, on Third and Short can we not attempt low percentage deep throws?

Against Washington and Today there have to be 5-6 instances of throwing 20+ yards down field and to the outside on third and short.

I have been requested to make this request because my wife says she can't live with someone who goes this crazy, just watching a game.

I trust you guys, Coach Gilbride, you have earned my respect, but please stop doing this one thing, and my wife will be spared.

Thank You,

Tom

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Killdrive had his playbook on backwards. You're supposed to pound BROWN up the middle, and give the screen to BRADSHAW...

giantfan1976
10-29-2012, 12:48 AM
I agree with what you're saying, but remember... Eli has had about .27 seconds to throw the ball against Dallas this year, and receivers aren't separating from CBs. I would chunk it to the first guy that comes open too... even if he is 70 yards down field and having to run under a rainbow of a throw.

Giantfan #10
10-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Hey I agree and it seems like we hardly run to the weak side also.... How about some quick slants??

dave56dj
10-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Back shoulder fades to hakeem had been automatic - with his injury they have been rusty - they are not running well enough to just drive it down people throats and you cant "just throw it short" cause teams are playing press - sometimes you have to beat the coverage which means a deeper ball.

Captain Chaos
10-29-2012, 05:49 AM
Someone asked Eli about that and he had a very good comment, he said that the D was taking away the short stuff and covering the run, which left open the deep pass. Sounded pretty reasonable to me. The O was not clicking today and I'll give the Dallas D some credit and also some to our poor play, there were a couple of drops that caused some drives to stall....

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Tommy, not you Tommy say it aint so !!!!

we're dealing with a little chemistry issue with Eli and Nicks, but how great is it that we can work on that and still win

im going to predict a big day for Eli to Nicks vs. Pittsburgh, it's time

my request for Eli and Gilbride is yet another Super Bowl win ...

G-MEN !!!!