PDA

View Full Version : Good Win

GIANTSED101
10-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Man there's a bunch of winers on this board, calling the win lucky. Bradshaw is awful, the receivers are not playing well, Gilbride is terrible. Wah, wah, wah, cry me a river. And these people call themsleves Giants fans. If you were a true fan than you should've known this was going to be a tough game. If you were a Giants fan than you would've known that even though we were up by 23 points these games are never going to be easy or blowouts. Yea we let the Cowboys back in the game and yes the offense wasn't that great but we won. Normally in the past these are the kinds of games that we would loose. It was ugly and almost close to being a total meltdown similiar to the debacle we had to the Eagles a few years back but it wasn't. We're in first place and are in total control of the division right now. I don't care if the wins are convincing, ugly, or blowouts. a win is a win. This team has and always will be inconsistent just like plenty of other teams in the NFL. a few weeks ago we were all saying how important these 2 division games were going to be and we needed to win them. Well we did and even though it hasn't been pretty we've gotten the jog done. Now lets get ready for the next game.

RagTime Blue
10-29-2012, 12:22 AM
If we can win when we're not playing our best, how can that be a bad thing?

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 12:23 AM
I'll take a W any day, luck or not. We're going to need it with the November ****fest coming up...

repeatchamps
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM

Especially if it is against divisional teams on the road. One TD out of those 3 first half FG's and the Cowboys fold like a lawn chair & the Giants blow them out and there's no come back. On one of the possessions Bennett had caught the ball but got a bad break when the Dallas defender popped the ball loose with his foot or something. Was a freak unlucky play and if it doesn't happen they score a TD and don't look back.

GiantGremlin
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Man there's a bunch of winers on this board, calling the win lucky. Bradshaw is awful, the receivers are not playing well, Gilbride is terrible. Wah, wah, wah, cry me a river. And these people call themsleves Giants fans. If you were a true fan than you should've known this was going to be a tough game. If you were a Giants fan than you would've known that even though we were up by 23 points these games are never going to be easy or blowouts. Yea we let the Cowboys back in the game and yes the offense wasn't that great but we won. Normally in the past these are the kinds of games that we would loose. It was ugly and almost close to being a total meltdown similiar to the debacle we had to the Eagles a few years back but it wasn't. We're in first place and are in total control of the division right now. I don't care if the wins are convincing, ugly, or blowouts. a win is a win. This team has and always will be inconsistent just like plenty of other teams in the NFL. a few weeks ago we were all saying how important these 2 division games were going to be and we needed to win them. Well we did and even though it hasn't been pretty we've gotten the jog done. Now lets get ready for the next game.

You said it man...Would it have been better if the Giants would have played a great game and lost? They played well enough to win this one...even if it was by a finger nail, LOL...

GIANTSED101
10-29-2012, 12:27 AM

Exactly, as ugly as the game was and as horrible as the game seemed we still one. Winning is all that matters

GIANTSED101
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Especially if it is against divisional teams on the road. One TD out of those 3 first half FG's and the Cowboys fold like a lawn chair & the Giants blow them out and there's no come back. On one of the possessions Bennett had caught the ball but got a bad break when the Dallas defender popped the ball loose with his foot or something. Was a freak unlucky play and if it doesn't happen they score a TD and don't look back.

The timing just seemed to be off again tonight plus the play calling was terrible. I wish they would've had more 3-4 receiver sets so they could've taken more advantage with Randle and Hixon. But like you said there were a couple of breaks that we just didn't get. If Randle would've just stayed on the outside after he made that long reception he could've possibly scored. If Cruz would've caught a few of those drops who knows what might have happened. Even when luck really wasn't on our side if you really look closer we still came out on top.

I'll take 5
10-29-2012, 12:47 AM
agreed

gmenfan0488
10-29-2012, 12:50 AM
good point. we won while we weren't playing well.

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 12:53 AM
good point. we won while we weren't playing well.

Now what we need to do is play well going forward. This is what has most of us up in arms. If the team doesn't treat this game like it was a loss in every other way except that we're 6-2, the problems are only going to multiply.

Honestly, I'd almost rather just believe we blew this game but made that FG against philly. Still 6-2, still well on top of division. But with a lot of flaws that can be easily exposed.

merritt
10-29-2012, 12:57 AM
I think the amount of whining is because we know what this team is capable of doing. We've seen it this season. But I agree, winning a division game when you're not playing well is always something to be thankful for.

Now I just hope this team has all of it's "bad games" out of its system before the fun part of the schedule starts.

TextureDj
10-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Exactly, as ugly as the game was and as horrible as the game seemed we still one. Winning is all that mattersSWEEP THE LEG!!!

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 01:42 AM
great win

this board is disgusting, they absolutely do not understand the NFL

we've never lost there, how amazing is that and nobody appreciates that ... they are worried about style points ... they want to win 50-0, no check that ... they want to win 56-0, no FGs

and every expert says the Cowboys and Eagles are more talented, yet they are both sitting 2.5 games behind us

how is anything bad??? ... none of us would have predicted a 2.5 game lead, nobody !!!!!

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 01:42 AM
oop 2X post, but i will say

G-MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tabascocat
10-29-2012, 01:53 AM
What a piss-poor effort by both teams here. We each looked like Cleveland most of the game and someone had to win this donnybrook. Neither of us really deserved to win but the Giants had less disasters and a few more big plays.

I don't care what some argue, Dez was OOB on that TD, no ifs ands or buts, he was out. Even after coming back, we had a chance to win. Who calls three straight pass plays within 2 minutes and 1 yard to go for a FD(to the Tree of all people)? I will tell you, that red-headed idiot Garrett. He absolutely chokes at crucial times, I want him gone two years ago.

Romo played very, very bad for the first 20 minutes then woke up. We battle back to take the lead and Garrett abandons the run and goes pass happy to two of the stupidest NFL players today--Dez and Ogletree.

Kudos to your team that was the less horrific one today, a division win on the road is always a good thing no matter how it looked.

The Cowboys are very infuriating, we have the talent to beat anyone yet the intelligence and coaching will not allow that. I am already looking forward to the 2013 baseball season.....GO METS!

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 01:57 AM
What a piss-poor effort by both teams here. We each looked like Cleveland most of the game and someone had to win this donnybrook. Neither of us really deserved to win but the Giants had less disasters and a few more big plays.

I don't care what some argue, Dez was OOB on that TD, no ifs ands or buts, he was out. Even after coming back, we had a chance to win. Who calls three straight pass plays within 2 minutes and 1 yard to go for a FD(to the Tree of all people)? I will tell you, that red-headed idiot Garrett. He absolutely chokes at crucial times, I want him gone two years ago.

Romo played very, very bad for the first 20 minutes then woke up. We battle back to take the lead and Garrett abandons the run and goes pass happy to two of the stupidest NFL players today--Dez and Ogletree.

Kudos to your team that was the less horrific one today, a division win on the road is always a good thing no matter how it looked.

The Cowboys are very infuriating, we have the talent to beat anyone yet the intelligence and coaching will not allow that. I am already looking forward to the 2013 baseball season.....GO METS!

Cleveland won, BTW

tabascocat
10-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Cleveland won, BTW

True that, I love seeing Rivers lose 7-6, heh. I am now worried about the Browns in a few weeks :(

GIANTSED101
10-29-2012, 10:42 AM

The Cowboys really surprised me with how well there D played and how they pretty much shut down Cruz and Nicks. Eli didn't even have his big game that he normally has, with that being said there's a reason why we came away with the win rather than the loss. It all comes down to coaching and preparation. The Cowboys consistently make the same bone headed mistakes. I can't remember the last time the Giants lead the league in the +differential in turnovers and penalties.

G-MANning4Life
10-29-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't think anyone is necessarily upset that we won with our performance. Yes it was lousy for the Giants standards, because we all know they are capable of so much more. I think the biggest issue is that for the past couple of weeks they have been regressing in performance, particularly the offense. We got the win this week, but what will performance be like in the week(s) to come? That is my biggest thing. I do have faith in the team and coaching staff and I'm sure they will address the issues, but only time will tell how things turn out. I'm just happy with this weeks win though. :)

jomo
10-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Darn right it's a good win. We beat a division foe on the road to bring our record to 2-2 in the division and give us a 2+ game lead over the rest. Life is good in case some of you missed that.

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Man there's a bunch of winers on this board, calling the win lucky. Bradshaw is awful, the receivers are not playing well, Gilbride is terrible. Wah, wah, wah, cry me a river. And these people call themsleves Giants fans. If you were a true fan than you should've known this was going to be a tough game. If you were a Giants fan than you would've known that even though we were up by 23 points these games are never going to be easy or blowouts. Yea we let the Cowboys back in the game and yes the offense wasn't that great but we won. Normally in the past these are the kinds of games that we would loose. It was ugly and almost close to being a total meltdown similiar to the debacle we had to the Eagles a few years back but it wasn't. We're in first place and are in total control of the division right now. I don't care if the wins are convincing, ugly, or blowouts. a win is a win. This team has and always will be inconsistent just like plenty of other teams in the NFL. a few weeks ago we were all saying how important these 2 division games were going to be and we needed to win them. Well we did and even though it hasn't been pretty we've gotten the jog done. Now lets get ready for the next game.I love my Giants and this is why I complain. I wants whats best for them so I cry. Yet I am also tough and mean, 300 pounds a former powerlifter who still has his strength and I know our team can't keep on playing to lose.

GIANTSED101
10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Darn right it's a good win. We beat a division foe on the road to bring our record to 2-2 in the division and give us a 2+ game lead over the rest. Life is good in case some of you missed that.

Life is better than good it's great, if we can beat Pitt and Cinci going into the bi week that's great momentum. Then we have 2 weeks to get healthier and prepare for the Pack.

BillTheGreek
10-29-2012, 11:44 AM

imagine if we play our BEST !

GIANTSED101
10-29-2012, 12:07 PM
imagine if we play our BEST !

Have we even really played our worst game yet??? Even though we lost to The Cowboys and the Eagles we were still in both of those games with inconsistent play. We've been bad but not to the point were we've been completely blown out.