PDA

View Full Version : My un-educated take on the game!

bigjeep
10-29-2012, 05:26 AM
What can I say, each week gets worse and worse. Last week it took a 70 yard pass with 1:50 seconds left. This week we actually lost the game before winning it. LOL! How much worse can it get? What bothered me more then anything was Eli's facial expressions. That look was back, something I haven't seen in awhile! FRUSTRATION! The game didn't surprise me as I have seen early easy leads turn on a dime before. We get complacent and Dallas catches a break, fumble, and catch on fire! Our defense is starting to worry me. I thought the big win in San Fran. showed we were back on defense. I guess the problems are still there. All in all, the Eagles, Washington, and Dallas all lost. What could be bad. Its all ours to lose!

Captain Chaos
10-29-2012, 06:21 AM
I think the secondary needs a little work, Think Hill is a better nickel than Hosely, he had difficulty with a very talented Bryant (got a really bad call that negated a Canty Sack). But the line play was pretty good. Lets throw out some numbers, 19 rushing yards, 4 sacks, 4 interceptions, and 2 fumble recoveries. Not bad there, on the flip side Whitten 18 catches, Austin 9 Catches, and Bryant 5 catces. The TEs had 21 catches on our secondary....the giants had 15 total receptions. There is the area we need to work on....

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 06:33 AM
The truth is the first time they played the defense could not stop them and the offense wasn't that good. It was the same thing yesterday but they had six turnovers. The saddest part is they needed all six turnovers to win. If they didn't be the last fumble in which they made a field goal Dallas wold have only needed a field goal of their own to win. How does hat happen a the end of the game? They where a couple of finger tips from losing. Webster got beat, AGAIN, and Coe doesn't get a hand on it. Then they almost allowed them to score again a couple of seconds later. As for Eli, and I have been saying he should be MVP, he has had two bad games in a row now. Before las weeks heroics he was not having a very good day.

giantsfam04
10-29-2012, 06:38 AM
In a weird way the early lead we got worked in Dallas favor and against us. Dallas had no choice but to throw it on almost every down which will lead to our d line getting gassed having to rush the passer on every down. its no big secret that our secondary has difficulty in coverage especially for extended periods of time. The law of averages takes place, the more chances you have to attack a weakness the better chances you have of succeeding.

GCGiant
10-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Eli is notorious for his ugly wins...year after year...but you have to ask yourself a question. Do you want ugly wins from Eli, or would you prefer pretty losses with Romo, Rivers, Brees, or any of the other stat machines? I am not sure if even Rodgers could pull off some of the ugly wins Eli walks away from.

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Some of you guys are unbelievable. We are the defending Super Bowl champs and have started our our post-championship season at 6-2. Reading the posts on here you would think that we are the Bengals.

I guess that's what happens when you've only been a fan since 2007 . . . . .

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Where is that "How to be a fan" rule book so many on his board have read?

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Where is that "How to be a fan" rule book so many on his board have read?

I will send you a copy . . . . please pay particular attention to the Chapter entitled "How Not To Be A Mouthbreathing Moron"

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Nice try.

bigjeep
10-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Lets keep it civil!

nhpgiantsfan
10-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Some of you guys are unbelievable. We are the defending Super Bowl champs and have started our our post-championship season at 6-2. Reading the posts on here you would think that we are the Bengals.

I guess that's what happens when you've only been a fan since 2007 . . . . .

Really? Nothing bothered you about that game yesterday. You're ready to pump your chest today about being 6-2. We've been 6-2 plenty of times before. We looked like a bad team yesterday.

nothing wrong with true fans being a little dissapointed after that game.

Dline83
10-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Really? Nothing bothered you about that game yesterday. You're ready to pump your chest today about being 6-2. We've been 6-2 plenty of times before. We looked like a bad team yesterday.

I can understand you being disappointed by a game but you do not really look at the game unbiased. You say we looked like a bad team yesterday, would you be saying that if those dropped passes have been completions? Football is never as easy to breakdown as it seems, I'll take a win where we get 6 turnovers and 4 sacks and have some dropped passes, especially because I don't think that the drops are a weekly problem. Yes the defense gave up too much yardage, especially in the air, but we shut down their run game, and they had to be really aggressive and just start throwing it up when they got down big, which is hard to defend. Look at the drops also, Nicks dropped one that was in his hands on a third down comeback route, Cruz dropped at least three passes that hit him in the hand/numbers, not even counting that pass that he got blown up on and it turned into the int. Bennet dropped a touchdown pass. There are so many people complaining that Eli/the offense have not been playing at the same high level that they have been prior to the last two games. There are reasons for that, division opponents, dropped passes, the Cowboys fighting for their season, and some questionable game calling. In the Redskins game, there was at least one dropped TD, most likely two. My main point is that in years past when we had off games (which happen to ever team) we would have lost those games, look at the two that we have lost this year. We missed a long field goal (after some questionable play calls) and we were not able to drive down the field against the cowboys in the end of the fourth quarter in the first game. We have not been blown out and we have competed in every single game. Yes, we have been 6-2 many times but the difference is that we have been in every game this year, have not been blown out, and you can ever argue that we cost ourselves the first Eagles loss. I would love if we could get 6 turnovers, over 100 on the ground, and Eli threw for 250 yards and 3 touchdowns, but it is unrealistic to think that way. I absolutely love the fact that we have won the last two games while not working on all cylinders, I think it points to us being a more mature and overall better team than we were last year (at least in the regular season).

bigjeep
10-29-2012, 08:36 AM

I must admit, as glad as I am that we won a game that we lost! LOL! I find it hard to celebrate!

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 08:57 AM

Plenty of things bothered me about the game yesterday, but I am able to keep those things in perspective, such that I don't immediately race to my computer with my mouth hanging wide open and start Fire Fewell, Kildrive Sucks, etc. threads.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with being disappointed with many aspects of our performance in that game. But if you came in here after the game and made threads/posts about firing fewell and gilbride, coughlin sucking, reeese sucking, etc., you are just a straight-up moron.

stormblue
10-29-2012, 09:17 AM
i can live with the sloppy play and poor execution , everybody has a bad day at work.
but i don't have to back off pointing out that this coaching staff goes conservative when they get
the lead.
why do you run 3 times and give them back the ball.
you couldn't run the clock out , they still had 3 timeouts left.
we needed to get a simple 1st down.....game over.
nope , lets run it 3 times and give 'em the ball back.

that prevent offense is just as bad as the prevent defense.

we don't have to fire anybody.....but the coaches need to
do the same thing when there is 1:30 left and we are ahead as
we do when we are behind.

go 2 minute drill and drive the ball down the field.
run the clock out on THEIR 20 yard line ..not ours.

nhpgiantsfan
10-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Plenty of things bothered me about the game yesterday, but I am able to keep those things in perspective, such that I don't immediately race to my computer with my mouth hanging wide open and start Fire Fewell, Kildrive Sucks, etc. threads.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with being disappointed with many aspects of our performance in that game. But if you came in here after the game and made threads/posts about firing fewell and gilbride, coughlin sucking, reeese sucking, etc., you are just a straight-up moron.

Completely agree. Calling for coaches head at 6-2 a season after winning the SB, is just down right stupid.

harrycarson
10-29-2012, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=bigjeep;557736]What can I say, each week gets worse and worse. Last week it took a 70 yard pass with 1:50 seconds left. This week we actually lost the game before winning it. LOL! How much worse can it get? What bothered me more then anything was Eli's facial expressions. That look was back, something I haven't seen in awhile! FRUSTRATION! The game didn't surprise me as I have seen early easy leads turn on a dime before. We get complacent and Dallas catches a break, fumble, and catch on fire! Our defense is starting to worry me. I thought the big win in San Fran. showed we were back on defense. I guess the problems are still there. All in all, the Eagles, Washington, and Dallas all lost. What could be bad. Its all ours to lose![/

Ehh...division games are hard to judge.....ya had to know it was gonna be crazy..gettin otta Dallas with a win and essentially a 3 game lead in the win column is huge...good yime to be a giants fan

GameTime
10-29-2012, 09:29 AM
its simple....
The Giants need to get their collective **** together and get back on track with controlled consistent offense. Eli and the O has been off for a couple of games now. The D has to button down the passing game.....its bull**** right now...

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Who on this thread was calling for coaches to be fired?

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Eli is notorious for his ugly wins...year after year...but you have to ask yourself a question. Do you want ugly wins from Eli, or would you prefer pretty losses with Romo, Rivers, Brees, or any of the other stat machines? I am not sure if even Rodgers could pull off some of the ugly wins Eli walks away from.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

It's sad though having to explain to the uninformed why you are winning 23-0 early in the second quarter and have a worried look on your face.

ashleymarie
10-29-2012, 09:58 AM
After the game we went to eat in Arlington. Several of us go together every year and are always happy and laughing after a win. Yesterday, even though we won, we were subdued. Like contemplating what almost happened. It was a bad day yet a good day.

byron
10-29-2012, 10:21 AM
i can live with the sloppy play and poor execution , everybody has a bad day at work.
but i don't have to back off pointing out that this coaching staff goes conservative when they get
the lead.
why do you run 3 times and give them back the ball.
you couldn't run the clock out , they still had 3 timeouts left.
we needed to get a simple 1st down.....game over.
nope , lets run it 3 times and give 'em the ball back.

that prevent offense is just as bad as the prevent defense.

we don't have to fire anybody.....but the coaches need to
do the same thing when there is 1:30 left and we are ahead as
we do when we are behind.

go 2 minute drill and drive the ball down the field.
run the clock out on THEIR 20 yard line ..not ours. Pretty much the way I feel about it too... that prevent d is a ****ing joke... When Dallas got the ball with 58 sec left "or what ever it was" I knew the game was far from over....I hate it that they play safe with a lead... In the Philly game they're in field goal range and they go long ball for an INT...go figure...there is a nasty stubbornness with this staff to stick to the plan even when it ain't working ...whatever I try not to focus on it to much anymore.. after all they've given us 2 SB's in 5 years, games everyone had us losing... while its not always pretty they get it done....