PDA

View Full Version : Missing Jaquan Williams

B-Red22
10-29-2012, 05:48 AM
The way Witten went off shows me we need him back more than I originally thought. He would have been our answer halfway thru the game when it was clear we couldn't stop Witten no matter what we did. Boley couldn't keep up with him, Coe couldn't cover him, I just feel if J-will was playing he would have been assigned Witten.

Captain Chaos
10-29-2012, 06:14 AM
We need a ton of work in that area....

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 07:03 AM
The way Witten went off shows me we need him back more than I originally thought. He would have been our answer halfway thru the game when it was clear we couldn't stop Witten no matter what we did. Boley couldn't keep up with him, Coe couldn't cover him, I just feel if J-will was playing he would have been assigned Witten.U think. A lot of it was poor safety play as well. Everyone loves Stevie Browns TO's but I can see how he got cut 2

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Be careful. Most have Brown taking over for KP already.

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 08:00 AM
yeah J-Will is very underrated and very good vs. TEs ... it's amazing that there have been 100 posts about Rivers vs. 5 about J-Will ... not only was the guy a playoff hero, but he is a key component of our pass D

chizz
10-29-2012, 08:22 AM
witten always plays good against us no matter who we put on him lol .

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Williams has been misssed and we can only hope he can get back on the field soon

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Be careful. Most have Brown taking over for KP already. I have to see the All-22 but hard to imagine a TE getting 18 catches without some poor safety play

TroyArcher
10-29-2012, 08:39 AM
witten always plays good against us no matter who we put on him lol .

Good yes but yesterday was a joke. The guy made the same move almost every time and was wide open every time.

dmighty326
10-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Worse is that it seem to be the same routes. They made a slight adjustment on that 3rd & 1 late in the game thankfully.

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Witten, Dez, Austin... they all killed us consistantly after the 1st Q. Not sure whats going on there.

B-Red22
10-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Worse is that it seem to be the same routes. They made a slight adjustment on that 3rd & 1 late in the game thankfully.

^This, he ran 7 yards straight ahead and turned around everytime, jesus I could have had 100 yards doing that yesterday.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 10:44 AM
At least Jason Witten is arguably the best TE in the NFL. Its not like we gave up 200 yds to Dallas Clarke or Celek or something. Give the guy his due, Witten is a beast of a TE and is their best offensive player. Hes a no nonsense guy, doesnt taunt, just goes out and plays. The Cowboys don't deserve him. Could you imagine Eli throwing to Witten the past 5 years? wow..that would be a show

It was frustrating seeing him run the same 4 routes alll game and getting all those catches. Its like how many times does our defense need to get hit in the face before they realize they are getting hit? Its like all those slant routes they completed on us in week 1. Its ridiculous...

JesseJames
10-29-2012, 10:48 AM
I have to feel that the plan was to not worry about Witten since he is not a threat with the deep pass and just let him get his catches because Witten is pretty slow and should be easy to cover. Romo and Witten work out a lot on timing and there is no defense against a perfectly thrown ball and a receiver who runs a great route...

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 10:52 AM
I have to feel that the plan was to not worry about Witten since he is not a threat with the deep pass and just let him get his catches because Witten is pretty slow and should be easy to cover. Romo and Witten work out a lot on timing and there is no defense against a perfectly thrown ball and a receiver who runs a great route...

true and unfortunate. Hes a good player.

slipknottin
10-29-2012, 11:02 AM
It looked to me that the giants spent almost all of the game in C2 man under. Everytime they went C3 or C1 the corners got beat by the receivers. In man under Witten was single covered underneath. They tried everything, Boley, Rivers, Coe, Rolle. Nobody could cover Witten one on one