PDA

View Full Version : It is not the Win but the Performance

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:17 AM
After Sunday's Game, there were a lot of posters talking about a win is a win. I always look at the performance.

The performance is the most important thing and it can show problems. If they can't get fixed then you know the rest.

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 08:22 AM
After Sunday's Game, there were a lot of posters talking about a win is a win. I always look at the performance.

The performance is the most important thing and it can show problems. If they can't get fixed then you know the rest. NO, winning is the most important.

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah but every game is different. They could come out next week and look like the team that beat the 49ers. Last year they where blown out in one game and won the Super Bowl. The W is the only stat that matters.

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
NO, winning is the most important.How can you win when performance is bad? Look at the Rams against the Pats. How about those Egals?

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah but every game is different. They could come out next week and look like the team that beat the 49ers. Last year they where blown out in one game and won the Super Bowl. The W is the only stat that matters.I tell you one thing, if the performance by our offense does not put up tds like they should, then there will be no Superbowl. Not even playoffs.

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 08:25 AM
So to be clear, you are not mad that we won the game?

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 08:27 AM
I tell you one thing, if the performance by our offense does not put up tds like they should, then there will be no Superbowl. Not even playoffs.I see what you are saying but again, every game is different. Look at that game against the 49ers. They weren't supposed to be able to run on them. They weren't supposed to have a running TD on them in the red zone. Honestly I don't think hey where a great red zone offense last year either. They have been a big play scoring team for a while now. When I see them get tackled at the 1 the first thing I say is "to bad hey didn't score".

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 08:28 AM
I see a pattern here.

rainierjef
10-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Against the Steeler's we lose that game, against any other team we lose that game. we are LUCKY! and I chose that word correctly, that we played the Romo lead cowboys. All cylinders was not working well yesterday, but like they say a win is a win. I just hope we don't have more ugly games like that, cause I am not sure we win too many more like that.

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 08:33 AM
it's not a video game

it's not a script

it's the NFL .. it's real ... and it's unpredictable

i love that our D makes huge plays and is very disruptive ... that is clearly a formula for success ... does that mean we are going to hold opponents to 10 points every week, absolutely not ... this week we yielded 17 net points on D ... i'll take that any week

our O was in a unusual spot ... they had barely even broken a sweat and the scoreboard showed 23-0

remember these guys are human, not robots ... humans instinctively think about being careful under those circumstances

but i love that our O is never unable to make a comeback if necessary ... we are barely ever out of any game ... you dont know how rare that is

the Boys on the other hand basically got into who cares mode ... which usually is game over, but sometimes when you take high risks (62 pass attempts), ,you do get some high rewards ... they got a few and made it a game

welcome to the NFL

and welcome to 1st place by 2.5 games

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:33 AM
So to be clear, you are not mad that we won the game?It is about we almost lost the game. You see if the Giants never had those 4 ints and most of them weren't around the redzone, then ok but Giants had 4 and one for a td and that is all they can get is 3s? Keep on doing that and those wins are going to be losses

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 08:34 AM
How can you win when performance is bad? Look at the Rams against the Pats. How about those Egals?u would rather play well and lose then? U would rather Dallas be nipping at the Giants heels with the tiebreaker in hand. No Id rather be 6-2 with the next closest team at 3-4 then 5-3 with Dallas at 4-3+ a tiebreaker

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 08:36 AM
It is about we almost lost the game. You see if the Giants never had those 4 ints and most of them are in the redzone too, then ok but Giants had 4 and one for a td and that is all they can get is 3s? Keep on doing that and those wins are going to be losses Here we go again with IF the Giants didnt force TO's. Do u think just maybe the Giants defense may be designed to force Turnovers. That they make teams dink and dunk and look to capitalize on mistakes

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:37 AM
u would rather play well and lose then? U would rather Dallas be nipping at the Giants heels with the tiebreaker in hand. No Id rather be 6-2 with the next closest team at 3-4 then 5-3 with Dallas at 4-3+ a tiebreakerPlay well and lose? There is no such thing.

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Play well and lose? There is no such thing. i disagree. I thought the Giants played well against the Packers and 49ers in the regular season and lost the game. If all your saying is that U wish they played better well of course thats obvious

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:44 AM
i disagree. I thought the Giants played well against the Packers and 49ers in the regular season and lost the gameStill there is no such thing.

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 08:45 AM
I would take an ugly win over a loss any day.

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I would take an ugly win over a loss any day.Thats what I said but apparently this thread is to say he would rather win pretty then win ugly

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Still there is no such thing.

No such thing as an "if" when talking about the past either.

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Thats what I said but apparently this thread is to say he would rather win pretty then win uglyNow look, you can't keep on playing bad and keep on winning games. This is real life. Ok since you know it all. Did the 49ers played well against the Giants last week? How about the Rams against the Pats this week?

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Getting lucky can catch up to team, but these last two games where divisional games which tend to be close games. Last year Eli was the best at 4th quarter come backs. Some would say that's a bad sign but it worked for them.

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Getting lucky can catch up to team, but these last two games where divisional games which tend to be close games. Last year Eli was the best at 4th quarter come backs. Some would say that's a bad sign but it worked for them.The game against the Skins, I have no problem with that game. Yet if Giants didn't get those 4 ints last Sunday, this post wouldn't have been brought up. Do you think Dallas isn't worried that Romo threw 4 ints. Bad performance can be a sign for bad things to come as well. This post is not about the win but the performance wich decreases or increase depending on how the team plays. All coaches have to know this and fix it real fast. Watch Eglas keep playing bad and lose.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 09:13 AM

The performance is the most important thing and it can show problems. If they can't get fixed then you know the rest.

Of course there are problems, but we did win and, in the end, that's what gets us into the playoffs. Every game presents challenges and none more so than Division rivalries. There are always match-up problems in games. Our biggest problems yesterday were a lack of consistency and the red zone offense. Neither of those problems is new and they will continue to work on those issues.

So we have a choice of being grateful for the win or preferring a loss befitting the poor performance. I know which I prefer.

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 09:22 AM
u would rather play well and lose then? U would rather Dallas be nipping at the Giants heels with the tiebreaker in hand. No Id rather be 6-2 with the next closest team at 3-4 then 5-3 with Dallas at 4-3+ a tiebreakerTell Bill Billichick that performance means nothing and he will look at you like you are crazy. The Great Bill Walsh thought performance means everything and why do you think Reese tries to get the best talent availible?

Signature NYG
10-29-2012, 09:29 AM
A win is a win is a win is a win

And As ugly as it was this a great win. End of the day we beat a divisional opponent to tie our divisional record and take a lead in the Division.

I dont expect our offense to be so bad all year long. and the defense is getting healthy and making takeaways. It was a tough game but Im looking at te positives.

6-2 and leading the division. with a qb, head coach, and defense that we know can win us a superbowl. We are not gonna beat every teams behind. But winning is all that matters in the NFL.

ozzie0075
10-29-2012, 09:42 AM

By this logic you would rather have played really well and lose to the Cowboys than play poorly and and win? Winning is all that matters This team played poorly against Miami and Arizona last year but won those games and without either of those wins the Giants miss the play-offs and don't win the Superbowl. All that matters is getting in the postseason. This was an important division win and when you look back at this season thats all that matters.

Captain Chaos
10-29-2012, 09:44 AM
The G'men either play up or down to their opponent, you pick on the Cowpokes......

rainierjef
10-29-2012, 09:50 AM
I think whats worrying people is that despite the win. Everyone is accepting the performance that was portrayed yesterday. I say this I am happy for the win, I am probably going to have to write myself a prescription for Lisinopril, I would not like to see us play the same way against the Steeler's, or any of our other division rivals. to blow a 23 point lead is unacceptable, to not get 7 on turnovers besides a pick six is unacceptable, so yes the win is all...ALL that matters, but to continue winning they cannot play like that anymore. We still have to play the eagles again and the Skins; We are all here for the same goal, we want to see this team in the playoffs. However they get it done I am happy, but you cannot get mad at the folks that are unhappy about the level of play we saw yesterday, it was truly disheartening up until we lucked out be fingers touching the out of bounds line. That was the definition of bitter sweet.

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Of course there are problems, but we did win and, in the end, that's what gets us into the playoffs. Every game presents challenges and none more so than Division rivalries. There are always match-up problems in games. Our biggest problems yesterday were a lack of consistency and the red zone offense. Neither of those problems is new and they will continue to work on those issues.

So we have a choice of being grateful for the win or preferring a loss befitting the poor performance. I know which I prefer.

What good team hasn't had at least one ugly win this year? The Bears almost lost to the Panthers at home yesterday. The Pats almost lost to the Jets last week. The Falcons barely squeaked one out against the Raiders. The Pack won an ugly one against Jacksonville yesterday.

It happens . . . be happy that we got a "bad win" instead of a bad loss . . . . .

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 10:19 AM
I think whats worrying people is that despite the win. Everyone is accepting the performance that was portrayed yesterday. I say this I am happy for the win, I am probably going to have to write myself a prescription for Lisinopril, I would not like to see us play the same way against the Steeler's, or any of our other division rivals. to blow a 23 point lead is unacceptable, to not get 7 on turnovers besides a pick six is unacceptable, so yes the win is all...ALL that matters, but to continue winning they cannot play like that anymore. We still have to play the eagles again and the Skins; We are all here for the same goal, we want to see this team in the playoffs. However they get it done I am happy, but you cannot get mad at the folks that are unhappy about the level of play we saw yesterday, it was truly disheartening up until we lucked out be fingers touching the out of bounds line. That was the definition of bitter sweet.Very well said.

It's not the win, it's the performance. Do I think they can correct their mistakes? Of course, we've been here before but we can't just settle for 6 FG's every time we get in the red zone. We need to play solid football the entire game.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 10:22 AM
a win is win but Romo lit them up again and the O cant freaking punch it in for TDs...

They better get their collective **** together and get it together quick.

moosedrool
10-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Performance is more of a concern near the end of the year. Right now just get the W's any way you can.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Performance is more of a concern near the end of the year. Right now just get the W's any way you can.Why near the end? why should it only be important near the end? Why not try to play solid football every game so you don't have to play catch up?