PDA

View Full Version : Can the hero in this game get a little love?

I Bleed Blue
10-29-2012, 08:28 AM
TYNES! This guy may be the best kicker in the league. His range is limited, but when in his range, he's a beast. Some wanted him gone a couple of seasons ago. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

GCGiant
10-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Yes, Tynes has been great, but maybe if he wasn't doing so good they would try harder to score TD's. That is the part that is frustrating me...the game should have been over by half.

The game was like a stinky turd. The Boys were saying here...take it...and the Giants were saying over and over...no, we don't want it, you keep it!

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 09:01 AM
He leads the league in scoring.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 09:04 AM
TYNES! This guy may be the best kicker in the league. His range is limited, but when in his range, he's a beast. Some wanted him gone a couple of seasons ago. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

No, he was just lucky

bigblue58
10-29-2012, 09:04 AM

Yeah...5 chip shots....Tynes is my hero fer sher dude!
Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but if Tynes DOESN'T make those ......he shouldn't be able to make a high school squad!!

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but if Tynes DOESN'T make those ......he shouldn't be able to make a high school squad!!

So we shouldn't compliment the guy because he met expectations?

miked1958
10-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but if Tynes DOESN'T make those ......he shouldn't be able to make a high school squad!!well a few of them were 40 to 45 range. not automatic by any stretch. a lot can go wrong from that distance but he seems to be kicking BOMBs this year and is making them by a WIDE margin. i noticed a lot of his kickoffs are coming up short. he did have a few that went out the back of the endzone but for the most part then were all landing around goalline or just outside of it.

sheepdip
10-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Feel very confident with Tynes and as well our punter.
I actually like our special teams in general for the 1st time in years since Reyna Thompson days.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Feel very confident with Tynes and as well our punter.
I actually like our special teams in general for the 1st time in years since Reyna Thompson days.

Isn't he the guy who used to run to work?

Mistanihan
10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Tynes was the man, but my unsung hero is Stevie Brown. He must have earned a starting job by now. Any turn over pretty much he has something to do with it. Love his work effort.

Redeyejedi
10-29-2012, 09:20 AM
So we shouldn't compliment the guy because he met expectations? He was great. People take for granted that he nailed every kick

Signature NYG
10-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Tynes was awesome last night. I mean he hit everything. My friend has him as his Fantasy kicker and he loves that we never score in the redzone smh.

Snappinnecks it would be cool to see Tynes highlights of the game lol.

Captain Chaos
10-29-2012, 09:49 AM
He did and continues to do exactly what we need! A great kicker!

Carlos C
10-29-2012, 09:50 AM
As fans sometimes we don't pay much attention to our kicking game but Tynes and Weatherford have been great this season.

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Tynes was the man, but my unsung hero is Stevie Brown. He must have earned a starting job by now. Any turn over pretty much he has something to do with it. Love his work effort.

This. I feel like Stevie has had more interceptions now than the rest of the team combined, and he's only started for half the season thus far.

That said, Tynes, Weatherford, and DeOssie deserve credit for getting us FGs when our usually good offense completely bombed yesterday... All 3 of them are workhorses, giving it all and never complaining about anything.

bigjeep
10-29-2012, 12:08 PM
He leads the league in scoring.

That could be good or bad! Depending on how you look at it!

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Seriously? 43 yard chip shots when you know you are the only one scoring? Man you are tough on these guys. 5 for 5 with a long of 43 is nothing to be sneezed on.

And Weatherford is a beast punter as well. Too bad it didnt matter with the defense we played on Witten, Dez, Austin...

giantsfam04
10-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Romo is my unsung hero, if not for his generosity we may loose that game.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 12:12 PM

uhhh...shut up........

jomo
10-29-2012, 12:23 PM
I am happy to give him his due. Well done LT (the other LT lol)

giantsforce
10-29-2012, 12:31 PM
So we shouldn't compliment the guy because he met expectations?If you meet expectations, you have done your job. If you exceed expectations, then you deserve praise. Isn't that how it should be? You are getting paid to do your job.

G-MANning4Life
10-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes, Tynes has been great, but maybe if he wasn't doing so good they would try harder to score TD's. That is the part that is frustrating me...the game should have been over by half.

The game was like a stinky turd. The Boys were saying here...take it...and the Giants were saying over and over...no, we don't want it, you keep it!
lmao That is how it seems. I'll say our Defense gave us the game instead of Dallas Offense, but nonetheless, we kept it close. And yes, I love Tynes. He rarely misses a kick, which is harder than he makes it seem. I'd like to give Stevie Brown and JPP some credit for their performances as well.

jimsgints
10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Tynes and Brown.. Awesome!

eastbayblue
10-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Real hero is Stevie Brown!!!

berya
10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Tynes has been nothing but money for a long time now. Haters gonna hate.

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I think Gilbride should be fired for relying on his kicker so much.

When are we going to see a fake field goal?!

(now how do you get this stuff in red?)

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 03:18 PM
I am happy to give him his due. Well done LT (the other LT lol)

You better watch out... Fifty6 is going to flip a massive **** on you...

At least in this case, his first name is actually Lawrence, he plays for the Giants, and he always gets it done...

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 03:20 PM
If you meet expectations, you have done your job. If you exceed expectations, then you deserve praise. Isn't that how it should be? You are getting paid to do your job.

You can't really appreciate people that do their job enough though... Would you rather have Weatherford back to punt or Matt Dodge? Would you rather have him taking snaps from Zak DeOssie or Trey Junkin?

GiantRoc
10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
If you meet expectations, you have done your job. If you exceed expectations, then you deserve praise. Isn't that how it should be? You are getting paid to do your job.

So how many guys exceeded what was expected of them in this game? S. B. is paid to break up passes and make interceptions. JPP is paid to rush the passer and block passes. And based on his talent, JPP is even paid to make that pick 6. So screw it. Nobody deserves to have nice things said about them.

I'm not sure how much you participated in sports, but it has always been praise worthy to execute without error when called upon to do so. Come on brother, the kid deserves a pat on the back for being so dependable.