PDA

View Full Version : Antrel Rolle Among Those Hurt

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 08:47 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8567101/antrel-rolle-new-york-giants-examined-possible-concussion

Excerpt: "Giants' safety Antrel Rolle (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8423/antrel-rolle) was examined for a possible concussion that he may have suffered late during a 29-24 victory against the Dallas Cowboys (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys) on Sunday.

Rolle, who did not talk after the game, was one of several key Giants to suffer injuries during the key NFC East matchup.

Starting middle linebacker Chase Blackburn (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9289/chase-blackburn), linebacker Keith Rivers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11243/keith-rivers) and tight end Bear Pascoe (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12548/bear-pascoe) all left with injuries.Blackburn suffered a hamstring injury in the third quarter. Rivers injured his calf. Pascoe injured his ankle, and X-rays were negative." Read more...

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Can't see us bringing back Rivers after this year. The guy is literally as fragile as a piece of glass . . . . .

It's a shame, because I love what he does when he is actually on the field.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Rivers....really????

and people question why Chase is in the game. I know Rivers is not and MLB....just sayin'
Hope Chase's hammy is not too bad..

miked1958
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Can't see us bringing back Rivers after this year. The guy is literally as fragile as a piece of glass . . . . .

It's a shame, because I love what he does when he is actually on the field.has this guy been on the field. lol seems he is constantly hurt

miked1958
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM
oh well. the beat goes on. next man up

ReiRiza
10-29-2012, 09:51 AM
The crazy thing is hearing "Rivers is among those injured" is almost as common as hearing "Let's talk about Tebow" (any sports show on the planet) kind of sad. Dude seems like he could be a legit LB but he can't leave a game healthy

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Rivers....really????

and people question why Chase is in the game. I know Rivers is not and MLB....just sayin'

I'm not sure why you're surprised ... this was why the Bengals let go of Rivers (and why he was considered a bust over there). Kid's made out of glass.

I have a feeling we're really going to miss Blackburn.

And did anyone else feel that if Rolle was going to throw himself like that he might as well have sucked up the penalty and decapitated Dez Bryant?

NASCARBLITZ
10-29-2012, 09:57 AM
rolle looked like a total fool on that play falling on his neck like that after trying to destroy bryant

I Bleed Blue
10-29-2012, 10:10 AM
rolle looked like a total fool on that play falling on his neck like that after trying to destroy bryant

What?

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Rivers....really????

Who caused the Felix Jones fumble?

ny06
10-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Rivers pushed the o-lineman into Felix Jones, and his rear end caused the fumble.

Sarcasman
10-29-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure why you're surprised ... this was why the Bengals let go of Rivers (and why he was considered a bust over there). Kid's made out of glass.

I have a feeling we're really going to miss Blackburn.

And did anyone else feel that if Rolle was going to throw himself like that he might as well have sucked up the penalty and decapitated Dez Bryant?

Yeah, I was kinda hoping he would just play the ball...y'know like a safety, instead of going for the unnecessary SportCenter highlight blast hit on a guy that was already stopped.

Not that I expected it, but it would have been a nice change...........

Sarcasman
10-29-2012, 10:50 AM
What?

He said: ROLLE LOOKED LIKE A TOTAL FOOL ON THAT PLAY FALLING ON HIS NECK LIKE THAT AFTER TRYING TO DESTROY BRYANT.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 11:11 AM

It's a shame, because I love what he does when he is actually on the field.

Seriously?

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Rivers pushed the o-lineman into Felix Jones, and his rear end caused the fumble.

Just more luck I guess

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Seriously?

Yeah, I like the guy as a player but he is just so injury prone.

I can undestand your confusion over my seriousness, since this is probably my only non-sarcastic post in the last 24 hours .. . lol.

dmighty326
10-29-2012, 12:24 PM

I agree and no wonder he's hurt... Karma
He tried to take Bryant out

Cloud57
10-29-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree and no wonder he's hurt... Karma
He tried to take Bryant out

I agree but you have to admire the fact he is willing to put his body out there in order to make a tackle

GiantRoc
10-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree but you have to admire the fact he is willing to put his body out there in order to make a tackle

I would not admire a guy who luckily missed the hit. It would have been a 15 yrd penalty if he hit him. I like Rolle, but he has made a lot of errors lately. I am actually looking forward to seeing KP come back. The way Brown has been playing, I think a Phillips / Brown pairing might be an exciting combo.

Out of Exile
10-29-2012, 12:54 PM
I would not admire a guy who luckily missed the hit. It would have been a 15 yrd penalty if he hit him. I like Rolle, but he has made a lot of errors lately. I am actually looking forward to seeing KP come back. The way Brown has been playing, I think a Phillips / Brown pairing might be an exciting combo.

Agreed. He hits him and that'a a personal foul.

Stupid play by Rolle.

moosedrool
10-29-2012, 12:54 PM
The way Brown has been playing, I think a Phillips / Brown pairing might be an exciting combo.

Brown and KP both play free safety. Who would move to strong safety? I think KP played SS a few years ago.

TextureDj
10-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Brown and KP both play free safety. Who would move to strong safety? I think KP played SS a few years ago.We usually dont play traditional WS SS roles in the secondary. We have been more since KP has been out, I assume allowing brown to be more of a ball hawk while letting Rolle stuff the run and the short stuff?

It has certainly led to some picks.

GiantFanatic55
10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Brown and KP both play free safety. Who would move to strong safety? I think KP played SS a few years ago.

Brown came out of college as a strong safety so KP would play FS and Brown would play SS

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 01:47 PM

Felix Jones carrying the ball like a dumb *** in traffic caused the fumble.

To be precise.

GiantRoc
10-29-2012, 02:11 PM

To be precise.

Hahaha God bless him. That was really bad.

giantsfan420
10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
He said: ROLLE LOOKED LIKE A TOTAL FOOL ON THAT PLAY FALLING ON HIS NECK LIKE THAT AFTER TRYING TO DESTROY BRYANT.

lol

and i too am frustrated with rivers. he absolutely physically dominated and made that cowboy linemen his ***** on that felix jones fumble, he should get a FF for that. he flashes amazing quickness and talent when he's out there, he just gets injured too damn much...im not opposed to keeping him around tho, he's def prob the most talented lb we have when healthy, and its hist first year in a new system, he's hurt himself not for lack of effort. let him get healthy and hope he can just stay that way

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 02:20 PM
tough breaks ... well there will be an Adrien Robinson sighting this week ... Paysinger, Herzlich ... be nice to get J-Will back

Sash at Safety is scary to me and Will Hill is still suspended ... oh but K-Phil should make it back he actually got to Doubtful, so fingers crossed

i didnt like the way Coe waived at the ball to Bryant ... that should have been a two handed effort ... i know easy for me to say

GMENAGAIN
10-29-2012, 02:35 PM

To be precise.

Watch Rivers on that play. That's what makes you want to see what the guy can do if he can just stay out on the field.

ozzie0075
10-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Coughlin said they don't yet know if Rolle suffered a concussion. AR said he was fine, but he will still have to undergo the protocol.