PDA

View Full Version : Was Rolle trying to miss Bryant on purpose to avoid penalty or was his aim that bad ?

sheepdip
10-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Seriously.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 09:36 AM
maybe try try running all out on a perpendicular path at a very fast WR and a DB trailing and get right in between for a huge hit.......
Not an easy task.........serioulsy.....

or like you said maybe he missed on purpose....Not as easy of a play as you may thinnk...

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 09:46 AM
While you cant stop yourself you can definitley let up and i think thats what he did as much as could... thank god he didnt hit him or it would have been a flag.

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 10:02 AM
It looked like he was trying to let up in the last instant so he didn't get a penalty.

I would have preferred if he just decapitated him.

Decapitation is worth 15 yards imo.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 10:11 AM
My take was as he was lunging as he saw the ball went incomplete and was then trying to change his trajectory.

jomo
10-29-2012, 10:12 AM
My take was as he was lunging as he saw the ball went incomplete and was then trying to change his trajectory.That is how I saw it as well.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Hes an NFL Safety, trying to make a play on a deep pass during a crucial part of the game. Whats the issue?

moosedrool
10-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Launching yourself at a defenseless receiver and hitting him high is stupid and an automatic 15 yards. The smart safeties in the league are hitting in the midsection on plays like this and still breaking up passes.

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Launching yourself at a defenseless receiver and hitting him high is stupid and an automatic 15 yards. The smart safeties in the league are hitting in the midsection on plays like this and still breaking up passes.

The safetys are making their move before they can be classified as defenseless ... problem is if Rolle hits him in the midsection like your saying the refs are throwing the flags anyway.

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 10:23 AM
It looked like he was trying to let up in the last instant so he didn't get a penalty.

I would have preferred if he just decapitated him.

Decapitation is worth 15 yards imo.

It would of been 15 yards and a huge fine and possible suspension.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 10:34 AM

If he had made the catch and taken two steps he loses that protection. You can't say with any certainty that Rolle was wrong.

sheepdip
10-29-2012, 12:19 PM
I just hope he was changing his angle to avoid the hit, which seemed to be the right thing to do.