PDA

View Full Version : Kruunch's Take (Cowboys Game II)

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Well, we are running away with the division but it wasn't pretty:

1) The Giants never EVER do anything the easy way. This team's inability to step on the necks' of their opponents is really troublesome. This game should not have been a contest, much less having to rely on the finger tips of Dez Bryant brushing the white line in the back of the end zone.

2) We are in sole possession of this division. If it were any other 6-2 team, I'd have said the division is locked up but you KNOW the Giants will find a way to allow the Eagles/Cowboys/Redskins back into the race somehow. But they would really have to work hard to lose the firm grasp that we now enjoy.

3) I'll say it every week if I must ... I *HATE* the bend-don't-break-read-and-react-give-up-a-ton-of-yards defense that Fewell runs. But once again, it works (if barely). Anyone actually feel confident in our defense?

4) Welcome back Chris Canty (for real this time)! M'man was in beast mode today.

5) I'd be highly surprised if Bradshaw is on the Giants next year.

6) I'm not sure why we weren't killing Dallas with slants yesterday.

7) If we can win when we're this off, imagine how good this team will be when we catch fire.

8) DLine actually looked like a shade of it's former self.

9) How can Boley be unable to cover Witten? And why did it take 15 receptions before PF figured that out?

10) If the Cowboys had a halfway decent head coach, that team would be scary (Jason Garret is in WAYYYY over his head imo).

11) Our third and short philosophy seems to be either to throw it either 20 yards too long or 2 yards too short.

12) I once (jokingly) compared Stevie Brown to Troy Polamalu ... maybe I should have compared him to Ed Reed. Kid is really all over the field.

13) JPP continues his bestial ways ... maybe we could get him to play TE too?

14) Tuck is actually starting to look like ... Tuck. I'm going to start calling him Second Half Harry.

15) You Blackburn haters got your wish ... looks like he's going to be out some. I sincerely hope this doesn't become a case of missing something once it's gone (I do NOT think our defense just got better despite popular opinion).

16) CWeb is having about the worst year I've seen him have .... ever (including 2009).

17) I finally figured out what I'm waiting to see out of Prince .... consistency (thank you Tom Brenaman).

18) What happened to Joe Buck?

19) Great win ... now for the hard part of the schedule (oy vey) and the inevitable second half collapse, the cries of TC losing the team, the fire KG/PF threads (in earnest) and the general hooliganism that is the second half of any Giants season :D

20) Everyone stay safe ... I'm currently battening down my own hatches as we speak!

ashleymarie
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Not sure but I think Buck is announcing the Giants (baseball) game. I think.:)

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Joe Buck was covering the baseball game I think.
Great review of the game.

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Ahhh ... he should stay there.

Bob Papa for Fox Broadcaster!

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Not sure but I think Buck is announcing the Giants (baseball) game. I think.:)

Looks like Buck was covering a winning Giants team anyway :D

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Brennenman gets a bit more emotional than Buck does, or rather, lets the emotion of the game get to him a lot more. Yeah, that call on Dez's almost-TD made him look like a HUGE cowboys homer, but on the other hand he did the same exact thing on Eli's bomb to Cruz at the end of the skins game.

ny06
10-29-2012, 10:58 AM
To summarize the past 8 games. 4 of our worst games were against division opponents, and so far we are 2-2. I'm happy we only have to face a division team two more times the rest of the regular season.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Great review.

The lack of A. Brown on the field really pissed me off.

Btw- stay safe.

JJC7301
10-29-2012, 11:13 AM
It's irresponsible for the giants if they don't start Andre Brown next week.

I never feel comfortable when the giants don't play aggressive on D.

The days are going to come when opponents will know to secure the ball and stop beating themselves.

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I miss Spags, no matter how bad the Saints / Rams defense was. He was gold here. I would welcome him back with open arms.

I dont know what to think about KG. He is so predictable, its ******ed. He makes bad play calls all the time. With that said, we have one of the best offenses in the league, but is it despite him?

GameTime
10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I miss Spags, no matter how bad the Saints / Rams defense was. He was gold here. I would welcome him back with open arms.

I dont know what to think about KG. He is so predictable, its ******ed. He makes bad play calls all the time. With that said, we have one of the best offenses in the league, but is it despite him?
so once again the offense is great at times inspite of him but sucks at times because of him...

now I get it........

Marvelousmik
10-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Well, we are running away with the division but it wasn't pretty:

1) The Giants never EVER do anything the easy way. This team's inability to step on the necks' of their opponents is really troublesome. This game should not have been a contest, much less having to rely on the finger tips of Dez Bryant brushing the white line in the back of the end zone.

2) We are in sole possession of this division. If it were any other 6-2 team, I'd have said the division is locked up but you KNOW the Giants will find a way to allow the Eagles/Cowboys/Redskins back into the race somehow. But they would really have to work hard to lose the firm grasp that we now enjoy.

3) I'll say it every week if I must ... I *HATE* the bend-don't-break-read-and-react-give-up-a-ton-of-yards defense that Fewell runs. But once again, it works (if barely). Anyone actually feel confident in our defense?

4) Welcome back Chris Canty (for real this time)! M'man was in beast mode today.

5) I'd be highly surprised if Bradshaw is on the Giants next year.

6) I'm not sure why we weren't killing Dallas with slants yesterday.

7) If we can win when we're this off, imagine how good this team will be when we catch fire.

8) DLine actually looked like a shade of it's former self.

9) How can Boley be unable to cover Witten? And why did it take 15 receptions before PF figured that out?

10) If the Cowboys had a halfway decent head coach, that team would be scary (Jason Garret is in WAYYYY over his head imo).

11) Our third and short philosophy seems to be either to throw it either 20 yards too long or 2 yards too short.

12) I once (jokingly) compared Stevie Brown to Troy Polamalu ... maybe I should have compared him to Ed Reed. Kid is really all over the field.

13) JPP continues his bestial ways ... maybe we could get him to play TE too?

14) Tuck is actually starting to look like ... Tuck. I'm going to start calling him Second Half Harry.

15) You Blackburn haters got your wish ... looks like he's going to be out some. I sincerely hope this doesn't become a case of missing something once it's gone (I do NOT think our defense just got better despite popular opinion).

16) CWeb is having about the worst year I've seen him have .... ever (including 2009).

17) I finally figured out what I'm waiting to see out of Prince .... consistency (thank you Tom Brenaman).

18) What happened to Joe Buck?

19) Great win ... now for the hard part of the schedule (oy vey) and the inevitable second half collapse, the cries of TC losing the team, the fire KG/PF threads (in earnest) and the general hooliganism that is the second half of any Giants season :D

20) Everyone stay safe ... I'm currently battening down my own hatches as we speak!

just 1 question..

what did Jason Garret do wrong that game?

Marvelousmik
10-29-2012, 12:03 PM
so once again the offense is great at times inspite of him but sucks at times because of him...

now I get it........

I think its time to give up on defending the coaches. its a lost cause. If you could want to fire PF after a win, and call gilbride out in spite of the dropped passes, then i think its time we just accept it.

every dropped pass, fail conversion on 3rd down, field goal taken, turnover on offense, run thats stuffed at the line, and sack, will be gilbrides fault

Kruunch
10-29-2012, 01:14 PM
just 1 question..

what did Jason Garret do wrong that game?

It's not so much what he does wrong during the game (although there are plenty of things to point out there with respect to time management, challenges and the offense in general (which he calls)) ... but rather the Cowboys' continual poor form. Penalties, players not on the same page, mental breakdowns, turnovers, etc .... when that happens on a continual basis, it shows poor coaching organizationally and with emphasis on the wrong things.

I think Jason Garret would have benefited from being an OC a bit longer.