PDA

View Full Version : Everyone keeps blaming the Defense...

NYGFaninILL
10-29-2012, 10:53 AM
There is no excuse for giving up over 400 yards passing to Tony Romo, but personally, I think the offense was a big part of the defenses mishaps. Our last 9 drives of the game (starting with 11:37 of the second quarter) :

Fumble (1 play), Punt (5 plays), Punt (6 plays), Punt (3 plays), Punt (3 plays), Interception (6 plays), FG (8 plays), FG (6 plays), Punt (3 plays).

That's not going to win anything. We need to SUSTAIN drives. Our red zone offense is absolutly attrocious. We won that game fair and square, there was no luck involved. We made the plays when we needed to.

But, when we go deep into enemy territory 6 times and come out with 1 touchdown. That is unacceptable, and that is not the first game that has happened.

giantsfam04
10-29-2012, 10:59 AM
This post makes the most sense out of all that I have seen following yesterdays game. the O was terrible, of course our D got lite up they threw the ball 62 times any d get gassed having to rush the passer that much. I said it in another thread, if we score at least 2 td on those turnovers its a completely different game.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Anyone who is blaming the defense either didnt watch the whole game, or doesnt understand football.

The offense left more points on the field than any game this year.

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 11:01 AM
At best it can be said that the defense played "less crappy" than the offense.

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm TheAnalyst, and I approve this message.

Offense, including Eli, has been pretty bad of late. Play calling is piss poor. It's so predictable. Seriously, lay on your couch and try to predict the play we are about to do when you see the formation. Shotgun Draw? Deep ball? Hey its 3rd and short, watch out for the deep ball! I call it all the time. Imagine if I was a DC and had access to all the tapes. Id learn the tendencies. WR Screen? The formation looks the same all the time. Thats why it doesnt work. No imagination. Although Gilbride did call a direct snap to Bradshaw yesterday where Eli faked the snap over his head.

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm really mad at that offense and also scared cause its performance might be bad things to come.

SuperNYGiants
10-29-2012, 11:08 AM
If it wasn't for Gilbride the Giants would have won 4 Super Bowls with Eli right now.

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 11:10 AM
If it wasn't for Gilbride the Giants would have won 4 Super Bowls with Eli right now.I want to say sorry to you.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 11:10 AM
If it wasn't for Gilbride the Giants would have won 4 Super Bowls with Eli right now.
that is one of the most hypothetical statments I have heard so far......
it the same vein you can say they wouldnt have won the last two without him..

SuperNYGiants
10-29-2012, 11:11 AM
You guys have no idea how much Gilbride is holding Eli back.

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 11:13 AM

We have seen the no huddle hurry up. We know.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 11:14 AM

i guess you do then....

please......

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 11:21 AM

Offense, including Eli, has been pretty bad of late. Play calling is piss poor. It's so predictable. Seriously, lay on your couch and try to predict the play we are about to do when you see the formation. Shotgun Draw? Deep ball? Hey its 3rd and short, watch out for the deep ball! I call it all the time. Imagine if I was a DC and had access to all the tapes. Id learn the tendencies. WR Screen? The formation looks the same all the time. Thats why it doesnt work. No imagination. Although Gilbride did call a direct snap to Bradshaw yesterday where Eli faked the snap over his head.

All due respect but any former player, coach, coordinator that is on the radio all give a resounding "so what" to the callers claiming they know the plays their respective team is going to run.

It's about the execution - period. The fumble, drops on 3rd down by both star receivers - did anyone call those too?

NYGFaninILL
10-29-2012, 12:16 PM
All due respect but any former player, coach, coordinator that is on the radio all give a resounding "so what" to the callers claiming they know the plays their respective team is going to run.

It's about the execution - period. The fumble, drops on 3rd down by both star receivers - did anyone call those too?

There were a ton of drops, true. but did you know the Giants are ranked 22nd in the league in red-zone offense? And that's not including yesterday's game. 22nd, and we're 6-2. That's amazing.

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 12:28 PM
There were a ton of drops, true. but did you know the Giants are ranked 22nd in the league in red-zone offense? And that's not including yesterday's game. 22nd, and we're 6-2. That's amazing.

It's awful. I swear sometimes when we get inside the 30 it's as though we are playing not to get out of field goal range.

YATittle1962
10-29-2012, 12:30 PM

this is so sad

I'm sorry bro

you will be ok one day

Cloud57
10-29-2012, 12:33 PM
also our defense was out there a long time

Drez
10-29-2012, 12:34 PM

Yeah, cause calling the type​ of play is the same thing as calling the actual play.

Drez
10-29-2012, 12:35 PM
that is one of the most hypothetical statments I have heard so far......
it the same vein you can say they wouldnt have won the last two without him..
It isn't one of the most hypothetical statements, it's one of the most ******ed.

nycisgreat
10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
There is no excuse for giving up over 400 yards passing to Tony Romo, but personally, I think the offense was a big part of the defenses mishaps. Our last 9 drives of the game (starting with 11:37 of the second quarter) :

Fumble (1 play), Punt (5 plays), Punt (6 plays), Punt (3 plays), Punt (3 plays), Interception (6 plays), FG (8 plays), FG (6 plays), Punt (3 plays).

That's not going to win anything. We need to SUSTAIN drives. Our red zone offense is absolutly attrocious. We won that game fair and square, there was no luck involved. We made the plays when we needed to.

But, when we go deep into enemy territory 6 times and come out with 1 touchdown. That is unacceptable, and that is not the first game that has happened.

Don't listen to them. I saw people blaming Osi and Tuck for the outcome of yesterday's game, which was comical. The offense stunk yesterday! Give Rob Ryan credit. They absolutely shut our offense down yesterday. The thing that killed me yesterday was the Bradshaw looked like he didn't want to be out there. The same passion Bradshaw showed last week was not there yesterday. Why!

joemorrisforprez
10-29-2012, 01:40 PM

I agree....the offense was bad......from Killdrive on down.

6 Turnovers recovered by the defense....yeah, they gave up yards, but that's because Romo was slinging it all over the field.

The offense didn't show up until the game was on the line.

Drez
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
The offense was bad......from Killdrive on down.

6 Turnovers recovered by the defense....yeah, they gave up yards, but that's because Romo was slinging it all over the field.

Well, with a 23-0 lead, the game should have never been on the line.

G-MANning4Life
10-29-2012, 01:57 PM

Well put. Offense is more to blame than the D. The Defense had to be fatigued after a while. I mean, they played most of the game. They also managed to get so many turnovers for the offense that they either didn't capitalize on, or came away with FG after FG, which is better than nothing, but all the FG's are what kept the Cowboys in the game.

gumby74
10-29-2012, 02:03 PM
even though the defense didn't play well (like usual), they at least made plays by creating turnovers. The offense did **** the entire game.

GiantRoc
10-29-2012, 02:05 PM
23-0 is only 3 scores. The O was pretty much not there for the last 3 quarters. That gave a ton of momentum to the cowboys. They fed on their success, with nothing to interrupt it. Even one sustained drive for a TD would have helped to break up their momentum. We are a good team right now. We are not Great. Improvement on both sides of the ball is needed, and fast. We still have a long line of tough games coming. I am confident we can turn it on. The best news is we are past 1/2 way through division games. We do seem to play a lot better against teams that don't know us as well as we know ourselves.

Peace brothers. We are all Giants fans. Let's not beat each other up over it.

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 02:13 PM
The offense was not good yesterday, but the defense has been pretty bad all season. They looked bad the first time they played Dallas, hey looked bad against Tampa, and Washington. The Panthers stink, the Eagles are not good but did score when they had a WIDE OPEN WR, and the 49ers are a one dimensional team. People can be in denial all they want but this defense stinks. If it wasn't for the offense they would be waiting to see where they draft this year.

Drez
10-29-2012, 02:13 PM
The defense made a lot of big plays, however the didn't make many of the little plays that help win ball games.

The offense was stuck in mud all day, to say the least.

joemorrisforprez
10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Well, with a 23-0 lead, the game should have never been on the line.

I think the biggest problem was the Giants offense needed the defense to spot them the ball inside the red zone to get most of those points, including a defensive TD.

I'll agree the defense also gave up a ton of yardage.

thomsoad
10-29-2012, 02:48 PM
I agree....the offense was bad......from Killdrive on down.

Show me how it was Gilbrides fault.
3rd down we had 3 drops and 2 times WR failed to just go North for the first down.
Thats 5 failed 3rd down conversions where 100% of the blame goes to the players.
Throw in Bradshaws fumble and thats six wasted drives.
Throw in the pathetic run blocking on 3rd downs and we are up to NINE!
NINE drives KILLED by our Offensive PLAYERS...not Gilbride.

Drez
10-29-2012, 02:49 PM
I think the biggest problem was the Giants offense needed the defense to spot them the ball inside the red zone to get most of those points, including a defensive TD.

I'll agree the defense also gave up a ton of yardage.
Yeah, saying the offense was stuck in mud yesterday would be an understatement.

However, after going up 3-4 scores (depending on whether or not Dallas was going to go for/make any 2pts), the defense should have been able to prevent Dallas from getting back in the game.

Sarcasman
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM

Which other games this year did the offense go into the red zone and only come out with 1 TD?

I'm not arguing your points by the way, I agree the offense is much more responsible for yesterday's crap effort than the defense. Not that the defense is blameless, it's clearly not. But the offense gave the D no support whatsoever yesterday.

Sarcasman
10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
i guess you do then....

please......

Oh God, please no.

Sarcasman
10-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Don't listen to them. I saw people blaming Osi and Tuck for the outcome of yesterday's game, which was comical. The offense stunk yesterday! Give Rob Ryan credit. They absolutely shut our offense down yesterday. The thing that killed me yesterday was the Bradshaw looked like he didn't want to be out there. The same passion Bradshaw showed last week was not there yesterday. Why!

Blaming Tuck and Osi is ridiculous. Those guys didn't even play yesterday.

Oh wait....Osi had 1 tackle. My bad.

Harooni
10-29-2012, 03:06 PM
you give some other teams 6 turnover gifts and 5 that are inside the 30 and see what the score is. tynes needed a dag gone ice pack for his foot

Sarcasman
10-29-2012, 03:10 PM
you give some other teams 6 turnover gifts and 5 that are inside the 30 and see what the score is. tynes needed a dag gone ice pack for his foot

Sure, if it's the GIants we're talking about.

YATittle1962
10-29-2012, 03:14 PM

best post of the day

hands down

possibly post of the year

got my vote

joemorrisforprez
10-29-2012, 03:15 PM
3rd down we had 3 drops and 2 times WR failed to just go North for the first down.
Thats 5 failed 3rd down conversions where 100% of the blame goes to the players.

Frankly, I don't think Bradshaw shouldn't have been playing. He missed almost the entire week in practice. From the running plays I saw, he lacked burst. Andre Brown was given the ball 3 times.....and rushed for 21 yards. But I've seen this story before.....Gilbride's stubborn belief that a 75% healthy Bradshaw is his best option. Throw in Bradshaw's turnover, and the entire "ball security" argument for him get's thrown out the window as well. So yeah, I blame Gilbride for sticking with the beat up horse when we have quality, healthy backups available in Wilson and Brown.

I blame Gilbride for once again treating 3rd and short as a passing down.

I'm not gong to blame Gilbride for Cruz, though. I don't think anyone expected him to have a subpar effort.

As far as the defense goes......Reese loves DE's, and thinks LB's are a dime a dozen...... so once again, Witten date-raped the Giants defense. But I'm completely used to that.

Husky
10-29-2012, 03:18 PM
The officiating was awful, ending a few of our drives and extending a few of the CBs. Just sayin'!

joemorrisforprez
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
The officiating was awful, ending a few of our drives and extending a few of the CBs. Just sayin'!

There were definitely a few home town calls. Alot of legal stuff inside 5 yards is apparently illegal in Dallas.

TheEnigma
10-29-2012, 03:21 PM
What about that Prince PI call? That was a pretty weaksauce penalty. I see the NFCW CBs play more physical than that on average and they never get called lol.

joemorrisforprez
10-29-2012, 03:21 PM

I agree 100%.

When your defense and special teams give you 6 turnovers, and one defensive touchdown, and you are sweating out the final seconds of the game, that tells me your offense had a bad day.

Gilbride, Eli, Bradshaw, Cruz........ they certainly didn't bring their "A" Game......they didn't even bring their "B" Game.

Special Teams and the Defense carried the day.

YATittle1962
10-29-2012, 03:26 PM

you know damn well that every bit of that is Gilbrides fault

Chase and Rolle got hurt.....that or course is Jerry Palmieris fault

Corey played a completely different coverage than the other 10 players on the field.....this of course was Fewells fault

Cruz dropped a ball after getting plowed and it got intercepted.....this of course was Elis fault and again indirectly Gilbrides fault

HIxon catches the ball and for some reason decides to not take the ball up field where he could have easily gained enough for the first down but instead took it laterally ........again Gilbrides fault

Husky
10-29-2012, 04:13 PM
What about that Prince PI call? That was a pretty weaksauce penalty. I see the NFCW CBs play more physical than that on average and they never get called lol.I saw CB DBs who were more physical and didn't get called!