PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Giants!

bayz101
10-29-2012, 11:53 AM
But not too much. ;)

If you haven't figured out yet, i'm a Steelers fan. I'm an administrator of Steelers Xtreme and Steelers Fever, and I've come by today to wish you luck. You're a classy team with classy fans, and I respect your organization. Hope it'll be a good game Sunday, and both teams put on a show!

Cheers,

Nate.

Diamondring
10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Do you think if a team keeps playing bad, they can win a lot of games?

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 12:01 PM
But not too much. ;)

If you haven't figured out yet, i'm a Steelers fan. I'm an administrator of Steelers Xtreme and Steelers Fever, and I've come by today to wish you luck. You're a classy team with classy fans, and I respect your organization. Hope it'll be a good game Sunday, and both teams put on a show!

Cheers,

Nate.Welcome to the boards can you tell me why Pittsburgh fans are so much classier then Philadelphia fans?

GameTime
10-29-2012, 12:03 PM
But not too much. ;)

Cheers,

Nate.

those were some ugly *** uniformes yetserday. They all looked like the Ham Burgerlar from McDondals years back....lol

Good Luck and no injuries. Hope to have a great game vs Pitt. Ben may kill with quick outs and slants.
I like the Giants to bounce back a bit and get more consistent.

NYFG
10-29-2012, 12:03 PM
But not too much. ;)

Cheers,

Nate.

As long as you leave the throwback uni's at home ;)

bayz101
10-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the boards can you tell me why Pittsburgh fans are so much classier then Philadelphia fans?

Can you tell me why you Giants fans are so much classier than Jets fans? I guess it's more of the same. Jets fans can be real *****s, but I've never had a problem with a Giants fan! Thanks for whoopin' Brady's *** twice in the big game, too. I appreciate that ****, haha.

bayz101
10-29-2012, 12:05 PM
I knew I'd get ragged on for the uniforms, but they've grown on most of us. The history of it all, coupled with winning in them, takes the embarrassment factor out of it, haha.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 12:06 PM
I knew I'd get ragged on for the uniforms, but they've grown on most of us. The history of it all, coupled with winning in them, takes the embarrassment factor out of it, haha.
Never seen those before. Has the team worn them as throw backs before????

njg85m
10-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Welcome to the boards can you tell me why Pittsburgh fans are so much classier then Philadelphia fans?

That's kind of like asking why a socially awkward, unsuccessful, unathletic, weakling would be miserable compared to his bodybuilder big brother with the trophy wife and million dollar job.

...and yes the "trophy" part was subtle pun.

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Can you tell me why you Giants fans are so much classier than Jets fans? I guess it's more of the same. Jets fans can be real *****s, but I've never had a problem with a Giants fan! Thanks for whoopin' Brady's *** twice in the big game, too. I appreciate that ****, haha.No problem I'm hoping for a great game but I don't know if I want it close at the end cause us Giants fans are going to have a heart attack. Just do us a favor and Destroy the Cowboys when you guys play them.

bayz101
Never seen those before. Has the team worn them as throw backs before????

First time since 1934.

njg85m

The only thing missing were the leather helmets. My God those throwbacks were old. lol.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 12:13 PM

First time since 1934.
Figured they were early 30s.........has the current team ever use them as throw back unis in the past???

SweetZombieJesus
10-29-2012, 12:13 PM

I'll take a swing, at least it's my impression. Correct me if I'm wrong bayz101

1) Ownership. The Rooneys are top notch, classy owners like our Maras (and the two families are intertwined too)

2) The Steelers were actually very terrible; for their first 40 years 1933-1972, they didn't make the playoffs once. But they stayed classy. Not bitter like the Eagles. That class stayed there when they established their winning tradition. They've always had their good foundations underpinning the organization. Like the humble guy who becomes rich but stays a humble person.

3) Pittsburgh is a mid-western (formerly) industrial town, more in competition with the likes of Cleveland etc, Philly is an old eastern seaboard town in competition with DC, New York, Boston...

bayz101
10-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Figured they were early 30s.........has the current team ever use them as throw back unis in the past???

Nope. This is the first time we've used the '34 jerseys as throw backs. We've worn 60's throwbacks since 2007, and switched to the '34 jersey for the 80th season this year.

GiantWarfare
10-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Good luck to you guys too, nothing but respect for the Steelers, one of the premier franchises in the league, and a team that has a direct link to ours (with the owners). I'm good friends w/ several Steeler fans, and they represent the fan base well. Some great guys...

As for the game, I am concerned about Big Ben and his offense (with those speedy receivers) slicing up our secondary. Also a concern with him extending plays and converting on 3rd downs where our defense has had a bit of trouble.

Cool Papa B.
10-29-2012, 12:20 PM

Did they actually win when they use to wear those uniforms? I thought hey didn't start winning until the early 70's. And what is the history behind those hideous unis? Well at least your throwbacks isn't as bad as Denver's.

Anyway, Pittsburgh has always been a classy organization and I respect them. I've always wondered if the Giants had gotten Ben and Pittsburgh had gotten Eli would both teams still have won Super Boels?

bayz101
10-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Did they actually win when they use to wear those uniforms? I thought hey didn't start winning until the early 70's. And what is the history behind those hideous unis? Well at least your throwbacks isn't as bad as Denver's.

Anyway, Pittsburgh has always been a classy organization and I respect them. I've always wondered if the Giants had gotten Ben and Pittsburgh had gotten Eli would both teams still have won Super Boels?

No, I was referring to winning in them Sunday. When we wore these things in '34, we we're god awful. It's an interesting thought, that being Manning in Pittsburgh, and Ben in NY. I think rings would still be on fingers.

YATittle1962
10-29-2012, 12:24 PM
But not too much. ;)

Cheers,

Nate.

our organizations are basically related and are run very similarly

good luck sunday

SweetZombieJesus
10-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Did they actually win when they use to wear those uniforms? I thought hey didn't start winning until the early 70's.

The Steelers were terrible... Didn't make the playoffs one single time for their first 40 years 1933-1972. They had a play-in game against the Eagles, which they lost. So in those days Steeler fans had it rough.

We didn't start wearing the ny on the helmet until 1961, I think, and we didn't do much winning in those either, although they lost 3 straight championship games 61-62-63 in them, and that's our current uni.

bayz101
10-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Also wanted to take a second to send my blessings to everyone in Sandy's path. I know it's getting bad in NY.

GiantWarfare
10-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Also wanted to take a second to send my blessings to everyone in Sandy's path. I know it's getting bad in NY.

Much appreciated

chuckedafter5yards
10-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey Nate,

Steelers and Giants have many parallels and even family ties. Certainly a classy organization, not like that other franchise in PA.

GiantRoc
10-29-2012, 01:30 PM

First time since 1934.

Maybe there was a reason for that. Yikes!! hahaha