PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tuck worried about what happens next.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 12:22 PM
http://sulia.com/source/S-46381/?source=twitter&guid=742f18e9-d23f-453e-967c-b736f394e9d8

"What Im worried about is what weve always done," Tuck said. "Weve always been 6-2 at the break or 5-3 at the break. Weve got to find ways to make sure we keep this thing going. I think the NFC is going to be the powerhouse of the NFL this year, so weve got to keep pace. Atlanta is still undefeated. You know San Fran who you know is going to be there at the end fo the year. Weve got some surprise teams that are playing well. So we dont have time to sit back and gloat about being 6-2 because we all know that we still got a gauntlet to go through and this thing could still turn for the worse if we dont keep focused and keep doing what were doing. So thats where our focus is."

This is what some posters were trying to say on here. 6-2 is great, but there are very tough teams out there. Performance matters a great deal.

GameTime
10-29-2012, 12:25 PM
http://sulia.com/source/S-46381/?source=twitter&guid=742f18e9-d23f-453e-967c-b736f394e9d8

"What I’m worried about is what we’ve always done," Tuck said. "We’ve always been 6-2 at the break or 5-3 at the break. We’ve got to find ways to make sure we keep this thing going. I think the NFC is going to be the powerhouse of the NFL this year, so we’ve got to keep pace. Atlanta is still undefeated. You know San Fran who you know is going to be there at the end fo the year. We’ve got some surprise teams that are playing well. So we don’t have time to sit back and gloat about being 6-2 because we all know that we still got a gauntlet to go through and this thing could still turn for the worse if we don’t keep focused and keep doing what we’re doing. So that’s where our focus is."

This is what some posters were trying to say on here. 6-2 is great, but there are very tough teams out there. Performance matters a great deal.
that coupled to the way this team takes a bit of nose dive towards this time of the season as well........

moosedrool
10-29-2012, 12:35 PM
They don't play well with 23-0 leads and they don't play well with 6-2 records. But as long as they are relatively healthy at the end of the year they can win the super bowl again.

Razur
10-29-2012, 12:57 PM

"What I’m worried about is what we’ve always done," Tuck said. "We’ve always been 6-2 at the break or 5-3 at the break. We’ve got to find ways to make sure we keep this thing going. I think the NFC is going to be the powerhouse of the NFL this year, so we’ve got to keep pace. Atlanta is still undefeated. You know San Fran who you know is going to be there at the end fo the year. We’ve got some surprise teams that are playing well. So we don’t have time to sit back and gloat about being 6-2 because we all know that we still got a gauntlet to go through and this thing could still turn for the worse if we don’t keep focused and keep doing what we’re doing. So that’s where our focus is."

AMEN...Nobody is ripping a team we HATE, or crticizing players just for the helluva it...When you read a quote from the starting DE, that echoes the fans concerns who do see the same thing, it just validates it..They know when they play well, and when they don't, and when they get LUCKY...This team is loaded with talent and could easily be THE team to beat in the NFC, IF these guys applied all of their energy and focus on the prize...It's almost like they view themselves as a 4th quarter, last mile stretch in the seaon team...Can't be easy to maintain that level, but..there are a few teams out there who seem to be hungrier then our guys are..so...The GMen fate is in their hands....cliche, but...they ( Giants) are the only ones who can beat them ( Giants).

I have faith and hope something will snap in their collective heads and they can put together complete games on both sides of the ball. They need energy...lots of it....Play angry.

primetime
10-29-2012, 12:59 PM
This is why Tom Coughlin preaches FINISH....

BParcells777
10-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Justin Tuck needs to go to Notre Dame on his bye week and learn something about strong will and positive attitude

He would not even be able to replace that MeTeo guy on Notre Dame the way he is playing........he himself is part of the problem with his gloomy attitiude

Also I think Tucks neck will never be 100% again

Down-lifer
10-29-2012, 01:10 PM

"What Im worried about is what weve always done," Tuck said. "Weve always been 6-2 at the break or 5-3 at the break. Weve got to find ways to make sure we keep this thing going. I think the NFC is going to be the powerhouse of the NFL this year, so weve got to keep pace. Atlanta is still undefeated. You know San Fran who you know is going to be there at the end fo the year. Weve got some surprise teams that are playing well. So we dont have time to sit back and gloat about being 6-2 because we all know that we still got a gauntlet to go through and this thing could still turn for the worse if we dont keep focused and keep doing what were doing. So thats where our focus is."

This is what some posters were trying to say on here. 6-2 is great, but there are very tough teams out there. Performance matters a great deal.im happy that he's saying that. If you don't learn from your mistakes or mishaps, in any aspect of your life, you'll never be successful.

TheBookOfEli
10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
TC should start preaching "FINISH.....early."

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Justin Tuck needs to go to Notre Dame on his bye week and learn something about strong will and positive attitude

He would not even be able to replace that MeTeo guy on Notre Dame the way he is playing........he himself is part of the problem with his gloomy attitiude

Also I think Tucks neck will never be 100% againI actually agree with him here. He's pretty much saying the second half collapses and sloppiness needs to stop.

berya
10-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Well if he shows up to play the rest of the season unlike he's done in recent past then we shouldn't have this problem should we? But wait didn't they work on his neck on the sidelines so that might be wishful thinking now.

BlueReign
10-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I see something different in this team. I don't think this swoon will happen again. There will be ups and downs of course, but mostly ups I believe.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm going to go on the record here and say there will be NO second half collapse.

giantsforce
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
TC should start preaching "FINISH.....early."Perhaps TC should have a talk with Killdrive about designing some plays that FINISH inside the opponents 20. Because 25% rate of scoring TD's inside the opponent's 20 certainly does not imply FINISH.

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 01:59 PM
They keep showing how Eli has this great record in October but he has a losing record in November and December. I think that it's not fair to put it all on one player, just saying its strange how the are below .500 in those two months.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 02:01 PM
They keep showing how Eli has this great record in October but he has a losing record in November and December. I think that it's not fair to put it all on one player, just saying its strange how the are below .500 in those two months.All those second half collapses. You're right, it's not all just Eli either.

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Im hoping they get fired up for this next game against a good team, don't look past the Bengals, and then regroup during the bye. They should have some more guys by them like Bernard, KP, and Hill.

thomsoad
10-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Perhaps TC should have a talk with Killdrive about designing some plays that FINISH inside the opponents 20. Because 25% rate of scoring TD's inside the opponent's 20 certainly does not imply FINISH.

How bout the Oline "Finish" some blocks; or WR's "finish" catching some balls, or "finish" running to the stupid 1st down marker?
The players kill these drives...not the playcalling...unless you can show me specifics?

GMan-67
10-29-2012, 02:29 PM
we did have a brutal stretch of 4 games last season after getting to 6-2 ... so it's a little different

also, i think we are healthier overall than we were last year ... maybe not on paper, but i just feel we were nursing more things last year

and the BYE will allow us to catch our breath for the stretch run

still glad Tuck is reminding everyone and one good thing about close games is that nobody should be getting a big head ... they know as the Champs we have the big target on our chests, we are everyone's Super Bowl, so we have to work hard and execute

rainierjef
10-29-2012, 02:33 PM

Also I think Tucks neck will never be 100% again

manti Te'o is a linebacker

SweetZombieJesus
10-29-2012, 02:47 PM
All those second half collapses. You're right, it's not all just Eli either.

27-37 in the last 8 games since 2004. We just get into a funk, the players have mostly turned over, even a lot of the coaching staff has turned over.

VelocityVirus
10-29-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm not buying any of that talk. Players were saying the same thing last year.

G-MANning4Life
10-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't think Tuck is being gloomy or pessimistic. He is being honest and reflecting on seasons past where we either collapsed altogether and didn't make the playoffs, or collapsed mid-season and picked it up to barely make the playoffs then dominate throughout. What he is ultimately doing is recognizing the team's shortcomings and saying they need to do better around this time of year.

The Steelers and Bengals games may be defining moments for how the rest of the season will play out. What IS good though, is if we someone stumble in the next two games (which I'm hoping we DON'T), we have that bye week to attempt to make the necessary adjustments to finish out strong and make the playoffs.