PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz: Contract talks going well

ny06
10-29-2012, 01:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8569011/victor-cruz-likes-where-new-york-giants-contract-talks-headed

http://i47.tinypic.com/21c6mqb.jpg

Excerpt: "Victor Cruz says talks with the New York Giants about a contract extension are "moving in the right direction."

The wide receiver is hoping for a new deal by the end of this season and told ESPN's Josina Anderson that negotiations are progressing.

"I was excited to hear this weekend that contract talks are moving in the right direction," Cruz told Anderson on Monday. "I heard there was some progress on the structure."

Cruz is still hopeful about receiving a longer-term deal, according to Anderson's report. He has maintained that he wants to remain a Giant for several more years." Read more...

Giant stuck in Texas
10-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Got nothing but love for #80, but last night he didn't play like a guy that wanted big money.

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Got nothing but love for #80, but last night he didn't play like a guy that wanted big money.Wow dude is not even allowed to have one bad game??? What about the rest of the wrs too??? Just last week this guy caught the winning td.

RoanokeFan
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8569011/victor-cruz-likes-where-new-york-giants-contract-talks-headed

http://i47.tinypic.com/21c6mqb.jpg

Excerpt: "Victor Cruz says talks with the New York Giants about a contract extension are "moving in the right direction."

The wide receiver is hoping for a new deal by the end of this season and told ESPN's Josina Anderson that negotiations are progressing.

"I was excited to hear this weekend that contract talks are moving in the right direction," Cruz told Anderson on Monday. "I heard there was some progress on the structure."

Cruz is still hopeful about receiving a longer-term deal, according to Anderson's report. He has maintained that he wants to remain a Giant for several more years." Read more...

Sent you a PM

RoanokeFan
Got nothing but love for #80, but last night he didn't play like a guy that wanted big money.

Do you think the coverage had anything to do with it? Are we to decide a contract on one game's production? We didn't have any receiver distinguish himself yesterday.

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Do you think the coverage had anything to do with it? Are we to decide a contract on one game's production? We didn't have any receiver distinguish himself yesterday.

I thought they were focusing on covering Nicks more... This was a case of "Make em go to Manningham", except that someone else was wearing #82. In fact, Randle had the most receiving yards for the Giants this week just from the 2 targets he had all game...

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 02:33 PM
I thought they were focusing on covering Nicks more... This was a case of "Make em go to Manningham", except that someone else was wearing #82. In fact, Randle had the most receiving yards for the Giants this week just from the 2 targets he had all game...

I think Eli was off as well. It happens. We play these guys twice a year, they cleaned out clock in the first meeting and they played us hard all game.

Joe Morrison
10-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Cruz just gave up a bunch with Dallas performance, will bounce back agianst the Steelers.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Wow dude is not even allowed to have one bad game??? What about the rest of the wrs too??? Just last week this guy caught the winning td.Where did I say he wasn't allowed a bad game? Reading comp. 101 please....

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Where did I say he wasn't allowed a bad game? Reading comp. 101 please.... but last night he didn't play like a guy that wanted big money. This is just simply not true when the whole offense sucked....if you look at his complete body of work this season, he has played like he wants to get paid.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-29-2012, 03:20 PM

I know coverage was tight, but the ball went threw his hands a few times yesterday and those are catches a NFL WR. needs to make.

Of course not and I didn't suggest that anywhere.

That's fine and dandy, but this thread was about Cruz, not the other receivers.

Do I think he deserve's a big contract. Of course he does..... Some of you need to stop reading into **** that isn't there.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-29-2012, 03:21 PM
but last night he didn't play like a guy that wanted big money. This is just simply not true when the whole offense sucked....if you look at his complete body of work this season, he has played like he wants to get paid.Again this thread is about Cruz, not the whole offense. I was referring to one game not the season. 101 my friend.

nycisgreat
10-29-2012, 03:37 PM
People need to start giving the Cowboys defense more credit. They played us very well yesterday. We couldn't get anything going yesterday. That JPP touchdown was a definitely saved this game as well

Flip Empty
10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I wish he'd stop talking about his contract.

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Again this thread is about Cruz, not the whole offense. I was referring to one game not the season. 101 my friend.lmao ok if we are talking about Cruz my friend tell me what he hasn't done this year to act like he didn't want to get paid?? You do realize Dallas upgraded at corner and Cruz works best when he has space which is why he plays in the slot, Dallas corners played press and double him the whole game and the fact the no one else did anything didn't help him out much either. Once again the dude almost has 700 yards receiving and leads the lead in tds....so yeah I'd say he is playing like he wants to get payed.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-29-2012, 05:10 PM
lmao ok if we are talking about Cruz my friend tell me what he hasn't done this year to act like he didn't want to get paid?? You do realize Dallas upgraded at corner and Cruz works best when he has space which is why he plays in the slot, Dallas corners played press and double him the whole game and the fact the no one else did anything didn't help him out much either. Once again the dude almost has 700 yards receiving and leads the lead in tds....so yeah I'd say he is playing like he wants to get payed.Are you purposely not reading what I wrote?

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Are you purposely not reading what I wrote?whatever man lol. I'm just explaining to you that just because he played like crap yesterday doesn't mean the guy is not playing to get paid.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-29-2012, 05:22 PM
whatever man lol. I'm just explaining to you that just because he played like crap yesterday doesn't mean the guy is not playing to get paid.And all I'm saying is that YESTERDAY he played like a guy that didn't want to get paid. Not last week, or the week before or the first 8 weeks, but YESTERDAY.

Your killing me bro........

SimmsandLT
10-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Maybe he can focus on holding on to the football after he gets paid. His concentration has been a bit off this year. He's made some great plays, and missed some easy catches.

ebick
10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Actually both Dallas games, he did not do well....Here's what I don't get....RR makes a HUGE catch in the early going.....that's it? We don't get to see him any more? I understand that if you fumble you get thrown in the dog house.....didn't that catch buy a few more chances?

bigjeep
10-29-2012, 05:53 PM

Eli had that bad body language all game that he was famous for back in the day! Hope he gets his confidence back again!

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Actually both Dallas games, he did not do well....Here's what I don't get....RR makes a HUGE catch in the early going.....that's it? We don't get to see him any more? I understand that if you fumble you get thrown in the dog house.....didn't that catch buy a few more chances?That confused the hell outta of me too. Kid makes a huge play right of the bat then only has one more catch????

miked1958
10-29-2012, 06:02 PM
He wants to be a Giant for several more years? I want him to say he wants to be a giant till he retires, lol