PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy And The Steeler's Game

ebick
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
First off, I hope everyone is safe and prepared.

I am scheduled to come up next Saturday for Sunday's game. My step-son said there has been talk about postponing the game......has anyone heard anything remotely like that? Nothing about it on NFL.com.

Overdrive92
10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I haven't heard anything about postponing the game, and I doubt it will be. The storm should be over by mid-week and most normalcy should be restored by next weekend.

Pittsburgh is going through the same storm we are, so both team's preparations will be a little off base from what they normally are. It's fair.

ozzie0075
10-29-2012, 05:03 PM
First off, I hope everyone is safe and prepared.

I am scheduled to come up next Saturday for Sunday's game. My step-son said there has been talk about postponing the game......has anyone heard anything remotely like that? Nothing about it on NFL.com.

Won't be cancelled. If they couldn't play the game in NY they would move to a different location. Like they did with the Vikings game 2 years ago. But the storm will be gone by Wednesday so game will be played at MetLife as scheduled.

miked1958
10-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Yes i forgot about that. Part of the roof of their stadium collapased and they had to play at a College Field somewhere.

Also remember when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and we got an extra Home Game out of it

ozzie0075
10-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes i forgot about that. Part of the roof of their stadium collapased and they had to play at a College Field somewhere.

Also remember when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and we got an extra Home Game out of it

They played one game at Ford Field in Detroit against the Giants then played their remaining games at University of Minnesota.

CTLadyBlue
10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
No need to cancel. I'm in CT (but vacationing in FL right now) and the storm is hitting CT now and scheduled to be out of the area by Wednesday am so we'll be just fine for Sunday

ebick
10-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I understand that the storm would be well out of the area by then, but I guess the concern would be about power at that point...if it's lost and not gotten back by then, or any other major messes that the storm leaves behind. Being played somewhere else......not sure how that would help my situation :)

miked1958
10-29-2012, 05:50 PM
They played one game at Ford Field in Detroit against the Giants then played their remaining games at University of Minnesota.Yes correct. I remember now

miked1958
10-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Has anyone heard how the Meadowlands Area made out. I am sure its all under water. Whole parking lot area and i woudnt doubt some of the water threating the stadium. Anyone have pics?

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-30-2012, 09:31 AM
They'd probably move it to a neutral location before they cancelled as long as transportation was still possible.

miked1958
10-30-2012, 09:33 AM
oh i dont think there is anyway the cancel. They would move it for sure. i was just wondering if anyone had any pics or video of the stadium area

GCGiant
10-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I hope everybody made it OK. It truly would be ironic if they had to play in Pittsburgh and give that home game back.

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 09:46 AM
There is serious flooding nearby Moonachie but I don't think it affects East Rutherford

NYGiantsFan56
10-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Don't have any pictures or video, but on "Fox and Friends" News Show they announced that some sort of levy or wall gave way which flooded Carlstadt and 2 other towns. Carlstadt is right behind Giants Stadium (Patterson Plank Road-Route 120). If the flood is as bad as they where saying on Fox News then Giants Stadium had to get it. The parking lots will all be under water at minimum.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-30-2012, 10:09 AM
I know Eli lives in Hoboken. Where do most of the other players live?

miked1958
10-30-2012, 10:25 AM
I hope everybody made it OK. It truly would be ironic if they had to play in Pittsburgh and give that home game back.wouldnt mind that as we seem to play better in other peoples stadiums.. although we are 3-1 both at home and away this year so far. The 1 loss Away was at Philly and we really should of won that. The one loss at home was not as close as the 24-17 final score.

As far as the wins.. Our wins at Carolina and SF were very Impressive. the home wins over TB and Browns we had to make comebacks in both games. we wound up scoring 41 points in both those wins but any True Gmen fan knows those were far from dominating Home wins.

the third Home and Away wins were our last 2 games vs our two div rivals Skins and Dallas. We all know how we started out vs Dallas on the Road getting all the turnovers but not being able to put them away. In the end we did what we usually do on the Road and that was get a win. the other Home win was vs the Skins and it wasnt an overly impressive performance by us kinda of a back and forth game needing a 77 yard bomb to win it at the end.

So overall if you look at I still say we play better on ROAD overall...

Thoughts.

GCGiant
10-30-2012, 10:30 AM
wouldnt mind that as we seem to play better in other peoples stadiums.. although we are 3-1 both at home and away this year so far. The 1 loss Away was at Philly and we really should of won that. The one loss at home was not as close as the 24-17 final score.

As far as the wins.. Our wins at Carolina and SF were very Impressive. the home wins over TB and Browns we had to make comebacks in both games. we wound up scoring 41 points in both those wins but any True Gmen fan knows those were far from dominating Home wins.

the third Home and Away wins were our last 2 games vs our two div rivals Skins and Dallas. We all know how we started out vs Dallas on the Road getting all the turnovers but not being able to put them away. In the end we did what we usually do on the Road and that was get a win. the other Home win was vs the Skins and it wasnt an overly impressive performance by us kinda of a back and forth game needing a 77 yard bomb to win it at the end.

So overall if you look at I still say we play better on ROAD overall...

Thoughts.

My thoughts are that you are correct in that it doesn't seem to matter whether they are home or away...actually in the past they have done better on the road and some people have warm, comfy domes for the winter, etc. I know that's not the case in Pitts. though.

However, regardless of the outcome of the game, I'm just thinking that it would truly be like "what goes around comes around" if they did have to give up a home game and all that comes along with that. A lot of people depend on those games to make their nut for the next 2 weeks.

LT Stands For Greatness
10-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I live nearby. I'll advise in a bit. Rts 3 and 120 were flooded out late last night. I'm sure we'll be set for Sunday.

Stay safe in the meantime.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Near East Rutherford and Route 3. RT @nj1015: Levee Breaks In Moonachie, Hundreds Being Evacuated http://bit.ly/V3Uhsj

LT Stands For Greatness
10-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Just drove through the Sports Complex. Some damage to the blue fence surrounding the Timex Performance Center. Parking lots are NOT flooded or will be threatened to flood. Some signage damaged, especially by the TPC. But worst of all, if the port-a-jons were not tied down, then they are strewn all over the complex, busted up, on its side, in the weeds by Berry's Creek. So basically, the $#!T is all over the place......literally. They should be fine for Sunday's game.

LT Stands For Greatness
10-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Sign at entrance to complex near TPC.

LT Stands For Greatness
10-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Fence surrounding practice field at TPC.

LT Stands For Greatness
10-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Port a Johns all over the place

LT Stands For Greatness
10-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Damaged port-a-johns

LT Stands For Greatness
10-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Stadium is just fine.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-30-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm sure the stadium has generator power even if the surrounding area is still out.

sg92
10-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Great updates LT!

Hassett00
10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm sure people have seen this but if not, The game is a go ahead according to nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087901/article/superstorm-sandy-does-not-damage-metlife-stadium

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Andre Brown ‏@drebrown35
We have running water now come on power
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite